My Tutor (A Nouis Fanfic) (On...

By LoveforNialler

When Niall Horan finds himself struggling with his maths work; a new kid in school may just be able to help h... More

My Tutor (A Nouis Fanfic) (One Direction Fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 15: Epilogue

10.8K 491 129
By LoveforNialler

Chapter 15: Epilogue

“It’s going to be our one year anniversary!” Louis said in frustration. “I want to do something really amazing for him!” Lottie looked at him in sympathy.
“Why don’t you look something up on the internet, I’m sure you can find something on there.” Harry suggested snuggling up to Lottie.

Lottie and Harry had been dating for the past couple months with the permission of Louis. Louis found it hard to watch at the beginning as he didn’t feel comfortable with Lottie going out with someone so much older than her; but after a while he got use to it.

Louis opened the browser and typed in ‘anniversary gifts’ to the search engine. They searched through for a while, clicking randomly on things that looked somewhat interesting to them, but after a little debate they would abandon the idea and carry on their search for the perfect gift.
“Maybe you could get him a watch?” Harry suggested, “with like, an inscription on the back?”
Louis nodded in understanding and looked up ‘watches with inscription’.

“Wait! What’s that!” Lottie said, pointing to a small box on the side of the screen that said ‘love locks’. “I’ve heard of them! I think it’s this thing they do over in Ireland where you get a lock and write your lovers name and your own name on this padlock and attach it to that Irish bridge!”

“What?” Louis asked, intrigued about this idea. He clicked on the link, bringing a page up showing padlocks with engraved inscriptions. “I don’t understand”

“It’s like a thing,” Lottie said, searching her brain for the right words, “to show that your love is locked you know what I mean, Harry?” she turned to her boyfriend for confirmation that she was making sense.
“Yeah,” he said smiling at her, “I think it sounds like a great idea, and it’s especially good because Niall’s Irish! And you could like take him there for a mini holiday?”

“Yes!” Lottie said excitedly, “that’s a brilliant idea! And it could be like a romantic surprise!” she let out a high pitched squeal the made Louis flinch visibly.

The whole idea held Louis attention and later that night, when he was alone, he searched more about the tradition and the more he read, the more he was pulled to the conclusion that this was he would do for Niall and his anniversary.

Meanwhile at Niall’s house Niall lay on his bed thinking about what he’d get his Louis for their anniversary.  The thought of their anniversary had Niall reflecting on the past year they’d spent together.

Lots of things had happened in such a short period of time, Niall had finally came to terms with who he is and had finally came out to his parent and his brother, Greg. They all supported him and he couldn’t be happier with how his life was playing out, and he had Louis to thank for every second and ounce of confidence and happiness he had as a person. So he really needed to think of something to get him, something personal and meaningful.

The only person he could think of that would be able to help him come up with something would be Greg or his mum, his farther wasn’t really the romantic type so he wouldn’t be much help. With that thought, Niall dialled his mother’s number, in hope that she could help him brainstorm ideas.

“Niall?” his mother answered.
“Hey mum,” he replied tiredly.
“Hey darling, what’s up?”
“I’ve been thinking about what to get Louis for our anniversary,” Niall admitted, “but I just can’t think of anything to get him...”
“Well why don’t you get him something like bracelet? Or some cologne?” she suggested.
“I want to get him something really special, you know? Something that is for just... us,” Niall tried to explain.
“I’ve got it!” his mother exclaimed all of a sudden with utter excitement.
“WHAT?” Niall said smiling widely; he’d known it would be a good idea to ask his mother, she always knew what to do.
“Write him a song! You still play the guitar, right?” Niall was almost speechless, why hadn’t he thought of this? It was perfect.
“Yes! I love that idea, thanks mum, I’ll get right on it, talk to you later!” and Niall hung up, tossing his phone on the bed and rushing to where his guitar was propped up against the wall.

While Niall plucked away at his guitar strings, he thought about his love for Louis, but that thought soon led him to think about his mother. He missed her. Ever since his parents divorce and his mothers departure from the family home and the dropping of the ‘Horan’ name, he’d hardly seen his mother. She lived in Ireland after all, and it just wasn’t feasible to go and see her every weekend or indeed every month.

Soon Niall started to get a little rhythmic tune coming from his guitar and Niall could almost feel the right words floating in his head. After a while, Niall made a note of the words and notes and slipped into bed, happy that his anniversary gift would be original and personal.

---

“Can’t you just tell me?” Niall argued as they got seated on the plane.
“No, it’s a surprise,” Louis said smiling over at him, “all you’re allowed to know is that we are going on a short holiday together.”
“Do you not think you’re taking this a bit far, with the blind fold and the ear plugs for me to get on the plane? For god sake, you had to guide me around!” Niall said chuckling.
“I never take things too far,” Louis laughed taking his seat next to Niall.

Niall was frustrated that he didn’t know where he was going but thought it was immensely exciting and romantic that it was a mystery, so he was willing to let the subject slide for the plane journey.
Niall soon drifted off to sleep finding comfort laying half on Louis’ chest and Louis couldn’t help himself from watching him sleep. The way the light from the airplane window shone through his blonde hair and flickered across his skin, making it glow in the sunlight, had Louis thinking about just how lucky he was that Niall and he were a couple.

Louis was extremely proud to call Niall his boyfriends, but they still hadn’t shared their first ‘I love you’. Although nothing in Louis mind made him doubt his obvious love for Niall, he just hadn’t seemed to find the right time to say it, he wanted the first time he said it to be special and no event seemed to be special enough.

With thoughts of Niall and his impending surprise Louis fell asleep, his head on Niall’s.

---

“Ladies and gentle men, Thank you for flying with ToranAir we are pleased to say we have landed in Dublin airport. If you could please stay seated until we have reached the terminal doors will be opened as soon as we can. It is minus 3 outside so make sure your wrapped up and we wish you to have the best of times here in Ireland,” the pilots announcement brought Louis and Niall out of their slumber.
“You’ve brought me to Ireland!” Niall said smiling up at his beloved boyfriend.

“Yeah,” Louis smiled, lazily, as he was still half asleep. Niall was speechless, he’d never expected for Louis to be bringing him to Ireland of all places, in truth he’d been expecting to be going to some hot country like Spain or Portugal, but coming to Ireland was so much better than that, Louis had successfully given Niall the best anniversary present ever. Ireland his home country had a special place in his heart and it almost moved Niall to tears being back here.

Not long later, Niall and Louis were making their way through the crowd on their way out of the airport.
“So where are we going from here?” Niall asked.
“You’ll see,” Louis said winking at Niall as he continued to search with his eyes for his target. He’d sorted it for Niall’s mother to come and meet them at the airport but he couldn’t seem to see her anywhere. After a long search, he spotted her. Louis turned to Niall with a smirk, grabbing his hand and pulling him and his luggage over to Niall’s mother’s direction.  Soon Niall caught sight of what they were headed towards and almost stopped in shock.

“MUM!” he shouted running now towards his mum, tears flooding from his eyes. It’d been so long since he’d seen her that the shock of seeing her again made him instantly in tears. As Niall approached his mother, he enclosed her in a surprise hug and held on tightly.

“Hello love,” she chuckled, holding back her own tears.
“I missed you,” Niall whispered into her ear.
“I missed you too,” she replied with a light hearted chuckle. Niall pulled back to look his mother over.
“You’re looking well,” Niall smiled tears still fresh in his eyes.
“Same to you,” his mother laughed, wiping away stray tears, “6 months feels like years, huh?”
“Yeah,” Niall said, smiling as new tears dripped from his eyes.

“Hello Maura,” Louis’s voice chimes, breaking the heartfelt moment, and pulling Niall’s and his mothers attention in his direction.
“Hello Darling how was the flight?” she said, going over to give Louis a hug.
“Peaceful,” he smiled, giving her a quick hug.
“Oh good, so how is Jay and the girls?” she asks as Niall and Louis recollect their bags that they had put down unconiously, in the meeting and greeting of Niall’s mother.
“They’re good, how have you been keeping yourself?” Louis asked as they began to make their retreat from the airport out to Niall’s Mothers car.
“I’ve been alright,” Maura replied smiling, “I’m excited to be spending the weekend with my lovely son.” She said nudging Niall in the shoulder laughing.

Niall and Louis shared a look that showed so much love on Niall’s behalf. He couldn’t believe that Louis had set this up; he was suddenly insecure about his gift, thinking it wasn’t enough in return for all that Louis had done for him.

---

Louis watched over Niall’s sleeping form as he played with his golden hair. It was the morning of their anniversary and Louis couldn’t help but think about this day 1 year ago when they got their results. That whole day was just so perfect, and everything seemed to change in such a short period of time.

The thought of that day reminded Louis of this weekend, it was just as perfect, and Louis had got to know Maura more, as they hadn’t spent much time together previously. It saddened Louis to think that Niall and his mother didn’t get to see each other a lot.
“Enjoying the view?” Niall’s husky morning voice rang out in the silent room.
“Like always,” Louis chuckled, shivering at how sexy he thought that Niall’s morning voice was. Niall shifted in the bed so that he was laying closer to Louis; as he snuggled into his chest, Louis wrapped his arms around him pulling him much closer, if that was possible.

“I’m ready to give you your anniversary gift,” Niall said smiling up at Louis.
“You didn’t have to get me anything,” he said.
“But I did,” Niall whispered kissing Louis on the cheek before jumping out of the hotel bed and slipping on some pants then rushing out of the room.

He sped into his mother’s hotel room just across the hall.
“Just picking up my guitar,” he whispered to her sleeping form as he went to go get it. He’d got his mum to bring his old one from his room back home, he didn’t want to raise questions by bringing one with him.
“I know he’ll love it Niall,” his mother whispered back sitting up smiling at him.
“I hope so, he’d done so much for me though, I don’t think this will be enough,” Niall admitted as he slung the guitar strap over his bare shoulders.
“I’m sure he’ll think it was enough,” she replied, “remember the necklace!” she reminded him, Niall nodded in return and picked up the small silver box putting it in his back pocket.
“Wish me luck?” he asked, walking toward the door, breathing heavy with nerves.
“Good luck,” she chuckled as Niall left the room.

Niall took a couple deep breaths before entering slowly. Louis was sitting on the bed propped up against the back smiling at Niall.
“You ready?” Niall smiled.
“Yep,” Louis grinned, intrigued by Niall’s guitar.

Niall began to strum at his guitar, picking up the notes he’d memorised in his mind.
"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing but I can try for your heart
Our dreams and they are made out of real things
Like a shoebox of photographs with sepia-toned lovin'
Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
Why are we here? And, where do we go?
And, how come it’s so hard?
It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing it's always better when we're together”

Niall’s voice filled the room, and Louis’ breathing stopped. Niall’s song had left him breathless and as Niall continued Louis could almost feel his eyes starting to fill with tears.

“Mmm, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at them stars when we're together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

And all of these moments
Just might find their way into my dreams tonight
But I know that they'll be gone when the morning light sings
Or brings new things for tomorrow night you see
That they'll be gone too, too many things I have to do

But if all of these dreams
Might find their way into my day-to-day scene
I'd be under the impression I was somewhere in between
With only two, just me and you, not so many things we got to do
Or places we got to be, we'll sit beneath the mango tree now
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

Mmm, we're somewhere in between together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

I believe in memories they look so, so pretty when I sleep
And when I wake up, you look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is not enough time, and there is no, no song I could sing
And there is no combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing, we’re better together”

As Niall finished his song, he looked up at Louis to see him in happy tears. Niall smiled at Louis as he got up from the bed and pulled Niall into an awkward hug because the guitar was in the way. Louis pulls away and looks at Niall warmly. Niall pulled off his guitar and placed it against the wall behind him.
“So, do you like it?” Niall asked, “I wrote it for you.”
“I love it,” Louis said, pulling Niall into a couples hug, his voice thick with tears.
“Oh good,” Niall smiled, “because I got this, for you.” He said pulling out the small silver box out of his pocket and passed it to Louis.
Louis lifted the lid to reveal a dog tag necklace with an inscription

“Nouis ‘better together’” Louis read smiling. Tears leaked down Louis face again, and Louis wiped them away quickly. “Thank you.” Louis whispered kissing Niall lightly on the lips.

“Okay,” Louis said, “I’m ready to give you your gift.”
“No!” Niall laughed, “No more, you’re not allowed to give me any more gifts! You’ve already given me so much! No more!”
“Fine,” Louis laughed, a plan forming in his head, “at least let me treat my boyfriend to lunch on our anniversary!” he argued, pulling Niall into a close hug, his head resting on Niall’s shoulder.
“Fine,” Niall gave in at the mention of free food, like always.

---

After picking up some lunch at the local restaurant, Louis cleverly lead Niall over towards the bridge the whole trip had been centred around.
“Niall, we’ve been together a year now, and it’s been the best year of my life, no doubt,” Louis said, stopping near the bridge, making Niall stop to, and look at him smiling.
“Same,” Niall said.
“And I feel like we were made to be, you know?” Louis said. Niall nodded completely understanding. “So for our anniversary, I wanted it to be perfect, and I was talking to Lottie and she told me about his thing... they do in Ireland.” Louis picked out the small black box out of his back pocket, smiling at Niall.

Niall looked at the box confused as Louis passed it to him. Niall looked up at Louis then at the box before opening it, but instead of the confusion being cleared up, more confusion was created. Inside the box was a padlock, with the inscription ‘Niall + Louis’.

“I don’t understand?” Niall questioned, totally confused.
“The ha’penny bridge,” Louis started to explain, “There’s this tradition, to lock a padlock to the bridge in a sign of love,” Louis said nodding in the direction of the bridge. Niall looked over at the bridge, suddenly noticing all the padlocks on it. The gesture had Niall speechless, which seemed to be happening a lot this holiday.

Instead of words Niall pulled Louis into a kiss, which was so passionate that it caught Louis of guard. They kiss for the longest of moment but to them, it felt like a quick kiss. Louis pulled Niall’s body close to his holding him tightly as Niall encircled Louis neck in his arms crushing him closer to Niall.

When they were ready they pulled apart.
“I love you,” Louis said. Finally feeling like this moment was perfect enough to share his confession.
“I love you more,” Niall argued stubbornly.
“Impossible,” Louis concluded pulling Niall in for a second kiss.

The End.

Hope you enjoyed this final chapter, if you want to read more from me, don’t forget to fan :D

(I’ve noticed that I’ve developed a signature of some sort.... it wasn’t really intentional)

Fan, Comment, Vote, whatever you fancy :0) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3K 23
[COMPLETED] When Liam is bought at a slave market, he fully expects a difficult road ahead of him. What he does NOT expect is to find himself in a wo...
423K 4.6K 190
This is a book about the boys being your older brothers:)
27.3K 410 26
(Lilo, Nosh and Zarry) A teacher that you want A person blackmailing you A best friend that is more A friend not trusting you A person pulling you i...
281K 9.1K 20
After 3 years of high school, Louis Tomlinson is known for stuttering in public and hiding behind books at the library. Tired of seeing their son spe...