SOMETIMES LOVE ISN'T ENOUGH

By EllaLee948

For the first time in Nuelle life she experienced what you see in movie. From the bullying to the unexpected... More

What Are They?
School Starts
Detention 🤬
The Agreement
A break from hell
Going to the party
The Party
Knight in Shinning Armor
One Hell Of A Party
He Is Confusing
Hot and Cold
Parking lot
Man Whore
He is crazy
The Date
Author's Note
On my mind
Falling
Momma's Girl
The New Friend
LEVI
Bad Day
Just Too Much
Not His Day
The Boy I Like

🌞Waking Up In New Orleans

108 7 1
By EllaLee948

"Nuelle!! Wake Up its 7am on a Monday morning, we are going somewhere remember" My mom yelled  at me.

I am Nuelle Kalio, 17 year old Nigerian. Back In Nigeria I'm considered Light skinned but here in America I'm black. Up until two weeks ago, I was still living in my country Nigeria with my mom and little sister a very peaceful and average life I had just few months to graduate from secondary school (high school ) then boom! my mom came with the news of moving abroad and I don't have a say in this decision made by my mom.

Apparently, one of my mom's friend had secured a nursing job for her here in New Orleans so we had to move. Don't get me wrong  I'm happy to move but I wasn't given enough time to prepare and properly say goodbye to my friends. The whole moving thing was done in a  haste.

Back to reality, I can still  hear my mom's yelling voice outside my room door

"I'm already out of the bed ma" I shout back trying as much as possible to hide the annoyance in my voice. It's not like I have school to go I don't know why she woke me up so early its 7 fucking o'clock what am I suppose to do with myself.

I managed to drag my self out of bed, do my usual morning chores and have breakfast. It was 9 o'clock  by the time I was done.

"Nuelle remember we are going to meet  Mrs Morgan, the woman that is going to  give you a part time job we are leaving by 10AM  so please get ready as fast as you can" my lovely mother said.

Who gives a 17 year old an hour to dress up I mean 🤷‍♀️ I need at least two hours, I'm a girl for goodness sake 🙄
But I can't say that to my mom that is, if I want my legs to function properly in the next few minutes. Yeah, African mothers don't take nonsense they treat your fuck ups immediately lol.

After having my bath I move to my closet to look for what to wear, this usually takes most of my time as I'm indecisive as fuck when it come to what to wear. After some minutes, I decide on a black puffy short hand crop top,  a black and white button down short jean skirt and a black shiny leather knee boot. If I'm going to a fashion house, I should  at least look the part. For an African I had a really long curly hair so I stretch my dark  hair and let it fall on my shoulders then proceeded to applying a little makeup and was done.

"Mom can we start going? I'm done dressing"  I call after my mom.

 "Okay, let me grab my keys" she said.

After driving for like 15 minutes, we drove into this very big building that was mostly made of glass.
When we walk into  the reception I am amaze  by what I'm seeing like what the hell! This place is fucking amazing.

I'm still caught up in my excitement and didn't even notice when my mom walks up to the receptionist to ask about our appointment with Mrs Morgan.

"Nuelle let's go!" my mom says snapping me back to reality.

The Mrs Morgan I'm looking at is way far from what I thought she will  look like. I was expecting to see an old, saggy, wrinkled, skinned woman in her late 40s, even older but standing before me is a very beautiful  young woman not more than 25 years old with her dirty blond hair and hazel eyes looking effortlessly beautiful. How did she do it?, she's the director of this place and she's my new role model. I want to be like her.

Mrs. Khole Morgan

She stretch out her hands towards me for a handshake. 

"Hi, nice meeting you Nuelle. Call me Khole" she says.

"Hi!" I greet shaking her back. Oh my God her hand is so soft, although mine is softer 😋.

 "Thank you for having  me here, you won't regret it" I say.

"I hope so"  she replys.

After that she and my mom starts talk about things I'm totally not interested in so I excuse my self and leave to check out where I will start working the next day. The bouquet had two sections, male and female sections for clothing, shoes, bags, accessories and all.

It's really a big and beautiful place. I was told my job would be to assist customers with their shopping and clean up when they are done. It wouldn't be that stressful right? 😑 I will be working  6 hours for the next 2 weeks cause school will be starting 2 weeks from now. When school starts, I will be working 3 hours after school. Not bad right?, and the pay is very good. I don't mind the stress, I will be starting tomorrow I'm really anxious about  it cause this is gon be my first time working in my 17 years of living.

Fast forward to my first day at work so far so good, it hadn't been so stressful. Although some very annoying customers visited the boutique but its nothing I can't handle. It's about 2pm in the afternoon and I have just one more hour before I'm done with my shift. I am just going around picking up clothes that were littered around and putting them back in their hangers and right at that moment, the most "handsomest" boy I have ever seen in my fucking life just walks in.
He has the palest skin I have ever seen it's as if he has never been under the sun in his life. His lips,   plumb and rosy red and his eyes are blueish gray, so fucking beautiful he should be 6'3ft tall cause he is so tall and "beautifully handsome" lol, couldn't help but stare at him. Then he starts to walk towards me, I'm looking at him as he got closer God!! he is so hot!  I can now see his facial features clearly, his well defined nose, his full lips. I will give anything just to kiss those lips. I'm still dwelling in my perverted thoughts when he walks pass me heading towards the staff only area.

"Hey!" I run and stand in front of him to stop him.

"I'm sorry that's a restricted area for customers, if you are looking for the restroom it's over there" I point to the left.

"What?" he barks. He has this annoyed look on his handsome face.

"What I mean is, I can't let you go over there, I'm sorry" I try to explain again.

I'm now feeling a bit irritated, I mean can't he understand English or what?. 

He bends  down towards me and speaks with a really low and annoyed voice. "I'm in a really shitty mood and I don't have time for this nonsense. Move your stupid ass out the way and let me pass".

God if not for the level of anger I'm feeling now, I will be doing some very perverted things with his voice but right now I feel like strangling him. Who the hell does he think he is to talk to me that way? If we weren't in a business place right now, I will have showed him the different shades of me.

"Mister If you don't  move it, I will call security" I say looking dead into his eyes.

"Do you know who I am?" he asks.

"I don't and I am not interested in knowing so can you please leave" I say. My patience was growing thin by the minute.

"Fuck! who employed this black bitch?" he complains with a groan then push me aside and walk pass me. 

Before I can understand what just happened he has already left. He was heading towards the  director's office. Oh so he knows the director, that's why he is being an ass. I'm going to report him to the director he's racist. Ooh how I hate him, it's a shame that he is so handsome.  

Jeremy Morgan

Nuelle Kalio

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.3K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...
1K 83 30
Remi sensed a set of eyes on her. It was the first time she met Jahari, in her Sophomore year of high school. She falls for him, commits herself to h...
397K 14.2K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...
191K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...