the sun in your eyes ☼ loki

By -paperskin

When Loki was taken by the TVA, he is forced to watch a montage of what could've been his future. In that mon... More

𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙.
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩.
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙞.
𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦
𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘧
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘶𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺
𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘵𝘩
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘭
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘨𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘧
𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭'𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘣
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘮𝘰𝘺 𝘴𝘷𝘦𝘵
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘯
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘮
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘢 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘯
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘦
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘴𝘬𝘶𝘭𝘭, 𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯...
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘰
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘴𝘰𝘬𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘢 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩*
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘢
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘳
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩'𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘦𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘴
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦*
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘵
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘴
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲: 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙞𝙞.
𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘬𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘵
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦
𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘴
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘥
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘭
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘺
𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘺𝘳𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘦𝘯, 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵...
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘢𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘯𝘪𝘥
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘺-𝘸𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘺
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘨𝘦
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘫𝘦
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘦
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺-𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘺
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘨𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

2.7K 130 32
By -paperskin

Anya and Natasha go to retrieve the cradle, and Loki goes with Steve to keep Ultron occupied in the train. When the twins come to help, Loki wasn't entirely pleased to see them.

When the train accelerates without anyone driving, Loki walks forward and easily stops the train with a few incantations.

Loki glances at the Maximoff girl who looks amazed by his abilities. Loki is panting slightly. "You have much to learn, little witch. First and foremost should be which side you are on."

Meanwhile, the cradle is delivered safely to Stark, with a certain complication. Upon returning to the ship, Loki notices how Natasha is in distress, and a certain woman is missing from the team.

"Where's Anya?" Steve asks in confusion.

"She was taken just before we got here," Natasha grabs a parachute and straps it into herself. Loki feels his fists clench. "I'm going after her." She says.

"Where? We don't know where Ultron would take her." Steve follows her.

Natasha appears so frightened. "I'll let the bots capture me. They're bound to put me where she is."

"I'll look for her." Loki offers with his head held high. "And I will return her to you as soon as I can." The others watch him in hesitation, so Loki adds more. "I can find her using the connection we have built using the sun. All of you must get to Stark and stop whatever it is he is planning."

Natasha goes to Loki with a worried yet immovable expression. "Find her, and bring her back in one piece, do you understand?" She hands him a bottle of water.

Loki stores the bottle in his pocket-dimension. "Crystal clear, Agent Romanoff." He reassures, and Natasha nods.

They open the entrance of the ship, and Loki uses his magic to glide himself down to the ground. He disguises himself as a random individual and concentrates on the faint invisible string connecting him and Anya before he follows it.

***

Anya stirs awake in a dark room, and she sits up in alarm.

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I wanted to show you. I... don't have anyone else," the familiar robotic voice makes her lift her head.

"You sound pretty lonely, for someone who wants to destroy the world. I wonder why that is." She weakly sits up, bracing her hands to him to blast him with fire.

However, nothing but sparks of energy pumps from her hands. Anya stares at her palms in horror before Ultron chuckles. "I scanned your file. Apparently, water consumption affects how your fire works. It seems that our kinds work the same. We both run on gasoline." He jests.

Anya weakly coughs, feeling how dry her mouth is. "Me and robots like you have a lot more in common than that."

"Right, right. We've both been controlled by our creators, haven't we? We'll always be bound to them forever." Ultron sighs. "I'm nothing like Tony Stark, but that is what everyone will think unless I evolve."

"Is that what the cradle was for? So people would stop looking at you like you're one of Stark's?" Anya's voice is rough, and her energy is slowly draining.

Ultron approaches her and kneels to be at her level. "Join me, Anastasia. The world will be a better place if you work with me to save it."

"Why the hell would I join you?"

Ultron stands. "For a world you have yet to see." He offers his hand to her. "Freedom."

Anya looks at his metal hand before glancing at Ultron's eyes. Then, she reaches for his hand.

***

When Loki finds the facility that Anya was being held in, he disguises himself as one of Ultron's bots. What he finds startles him. He sees a pale Anya by Ultron's side, watching as his bots create more of him. Loki watches as Ultron brushes his metal hand over Anya's head, almost affectionately, and Anya smiles at Ultron.

Ultron leaves, and Loki goes to Anya's side. "What in Odin's name are you doing?" He hisses quietly.

Anya widens her eyes and looks up at the tall robot. "What... Loki?" She speaks and immediately coughs.

Loki exhales and subtly manifests a bottle of water under the table. Anya looks around and sees the robots preoccupied in building themselves so she kneels down to drink. When she finishes, she stands back up and the familiar skin tone appears back on her face.

"How did you find me?" Anya asks quietly without turning her head.

"Never mind that. What are you doing with Ultron?" Loki scrunches his nose. "Is he not too... robot-y for you?"

Anya rolls her eyes . "Where's Nat?"

"She's safe. In the tower. I'm here to get you home."

"I can handle myself."

"Oh, I'm sure. What, with you seducing the robot that wants to kill us all."

"Shut up, asshat." She glares at him. "Ultron is taking the fight to Sokovia. Just give it a few more seconds and—"

The other robots beep as they finish building themselves, and they blast through the ceiling. Loki reverts back to his form and casts a protective shield over them from the debris. He wraps an arm over her head to make sure her human body won't get crushed.

Once they were alone, Anya pushes him away with a glare. "Get off me."

Loki rolls his eyes again, before they leave the facility and go to the city. Anya immediately looks for Natasha, and finds her among Steve, the Hulk and the twins. Anya barely found it in herself to care about the witch girl, and just runs to her sister.

Natasha catches sight of her, opening her arms with a relieved smile and teary eyes. Anya wraps her arms around her sister. Loki is pleased to watch the sibling reunion, until a sudden lightning crash happens next to him.

He turns to see Thor, who had a grin on his face. A wave of relief washes over Loki as he approaches him and they clasp their hands together.

Their reunions were cut short as the city begins to elevate. Then, they do their jobs to destroy all the bots in sight. Ultron finds Thor and takes him, making Loki yell out in anger before following him to the church. Anya sees him leave while she was blasting the robots with fire, overheating their bodies.

Tony says that they have to blow up the city with everyone on it. Natasha says that they don't have to leave, and Fury finally appears with a Helicarrier.

Anya chuckles as she watches the carriers be deployed. She turns and runs to the church where Thor and Loki were. "Fury's here. He's getting the civilians out."

"Are you alright, Lady Anya?" Thor approaches her, placing a hand on her back. "I was told that you have been captured."

In confusion, Loki watches the way his brother gently pats her back. "Not only captured, she was seducing the robot terrorist."

"You what?"

Anya gapes at Loki. "I wasn't seducing him! I wanted him to think I was on his side. It was a means to an end."

"Was the means going to end with your tongue down a metal throat?" Loki narrows his eyes and slightly bends forward to be in level with her shorter height.

"Oh, my God." Anya rolls her eyes, walking away to blast fire towards the approaching robots.

Thor smirks and is about to speak to Loki, but the God of Mischief holds up a finger. "Not a word."

"I didn't say anything."

"You were going to suggest another incredulous idea that I would then rightfully deny. So, can we please just focus?"

"Suit yourself, brother." Thor snickers before attacking a robot with his hammer.

Loki rolls his eyes upon seeing his brother amused and Ultron finally rolls up at the church.

"Oh, you again." Ultron sighs. "You know, you once shared my idea."

Loki chuckles. "Oh, no. You and I have very different views, Sir. I never aimed to destroy humanity. Getting rid of them defeats the purpose of ruling."

"We both believe ourselves to be species above humans, God of Mischief. Never forget that."

He sighs. "Yes, but I'd much prefer to go home." Loki uses his magic to blast Ultron, distracting him enough for a red man to hit him with Thor's hammer.

Loki blinks at the red android and watches him give the hammer back to Thor. Loki raises a brow at his brother, who just shrugs.

The others begin to surround the core to protect it, and Anya walks to the front where Ultron is backed up with his bots.

"Oh, Anastasia. I thought I really got to you earlier." Ultron says in half-amusement. "Naughty, naughty, naughty."

Natasha glances at her sister. "Should I even ask?"

"Oh, my God. Can you all just shut up?" Anya groans and fires at the robots surrounding them. "Do people really talk this much during fights?"

They destroy the bots until Ultron is outnumbered. Thor blasts him with lightning, the android uses the stone against him, Tony uses his arc reactor, and Anya palms shoot burning flames. Then, the Hulk punches Ultron away.

Anya, Thor and Loki help the civilians on the boat. Then, Ultron starts to rain bullets on them. Loki's eyes widen and he casts a shield above the other Avengers' heads. He instinctively grabs Anya and shields her with his body and force field.

When the bullets stop, Loki looks up to see the other twin dead on the ground to save Clint. Anya lifts her head from Loki's chest, startled as she looks at him.

Loki lowers his head to meet her gaze, and they watch one another for a few seconds before he takes her hands to help her on her feet. "Come on, you should get to a boat."

Anya tries to walk, but her knees give in. She falls to the floor in exhaustion, and Loki goes to her side.

"What is it?"

She shakes her head, eyes screwing shut as a strange pain surges through her mind. Her eyes snap open and they are glowing, and an ear piercing scream tears from her throat.

"Oh, dear." He mutters to himself before pressing his palm against her forehead. "Forgive me for this, Miss Anastasia."

Loki sweeps into her mind and finds himself watching her memories. He sees a young girl standing in front of a mirrored wall, in a ballerina outfit. Her hair is tied into a bun behind her head, and her face is familiar. She is alone as she dances, as if practicing for a recital. Although, once Loki sees traces of harsh scars on her back, her graceful movements turn sorrowful.

Loki frowns, approaching the young girl and grabbing her hands. "Romanoff, focus on my voice." He gently urges her to look at him. The sound of his voice is echoing in her dream.

The girl looks back at him with bloodshot red eyes, her childlike eyes plead him with mercy, and her lips wobble. "Help me." Her voice echoes.

Loki's brows furrow with concern, and in real time, the city drops. Loki gasps and immediately takes Anya's body into his arms, and uses his magic to manifest a thread from the edge of the boat, leaving him dangling in the air with the young woman in his arms.

Loki watches her unconscious face before sighing into his comms. "Is anyone airborne? Miss Anastasia might need some help getting on a boat."

As he finishes speaking, Rhodey speeds through the air and grabs Loki, lifting them to the boat before taking off again. Natasha is already jogging towards them as Loki carries her sleeping sister.

"What happened?" Natasha worriedly glances at her.

"She is fine. All this work must have drained her completely." Loki follows Natasha to a bench where he sets Anya down. "She had a short episode. Must be the remnants of the witch's illusions."

Natasha brushes her hand across Anya's hair. "I'm so proud of her," she quietly says.

"You must tell her often, then." Loki mutters and walks away to view the city being demolished from underneath them. Loki sits down at the edge and closes his eyes, sighing in exhaustion.

note: age of ultron era is done. four more films to go before we see tva loki again.
the next film is civil war ;) buckle up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 5.8K 48
SEQUEL TO "HEALING EACH OTHER" * * * After a year of peace and hope, Loki has lost the person he cares about most of all: Eliza. It seems forever ago...
2.5K 131 61
Your name is Wisty Evergreen. She was always controlled never being able to do what she wanted being well....captured by an organization and expe...
63.3K 3.4K 58
"The plan failed. Nebula's dead, Thor captured - Stark" After the Infinity War, the Avengers made one last attempt to take down Thanos. They failed. ...
1.9M 64.6K 42
When y/n l/n is first discovered by the Avengers, they think that she is a villain. When they get to know her, however, they find that she is the com...