Love Circum-fended

By sisterofscribbler

Indhra is a rebellious student, who dies due to an encounter with one of her teachers. Years later, her best... More

๐…๐š๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐Ÿ
๐”๐ง๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Œ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ
๐๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ
๐ˆ๐ง๐๐ž๐›๐ญ๐ž๐
๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ
๐‚๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ
๐‘๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐๐š๐œ๐ค
โคโคโค
๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ
๐๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฒ ๐Œ๐ž
๐๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฒ ๐Œ๐ž - ๐Ÿ
Characters
๐‹๐ž๐ญโœ๐ฌ ๐“๐š๐ค๐ž ๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐“๐ข๐ฆ๐ž
๐ˆ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐’๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ฒ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ
๐๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐‘๐จ๐š๐
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐›๐ž๐ฅ
๐†๐จ ๐€๐ก๐ž๐š๐
๐‚๐ข๐ซ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ ๐–๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž
๐“๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ž-๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ซ
๐ƒ๐ข-๐›๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž
๐…๐š๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง
๐๐ญ๐ก ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ซ
๐’๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ˆ๐ง
๐“๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ˆ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ
Struggle But Survive
Happy Place

๐‘๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ [แด‡แด˜ษชสŸแดษขแดœแด‡]

259 23 63
By sisterofscribbler

She stood still behind the cupboard suppressing her huffy breath and looked at her gloved hands. The wetness of her hair ran down her face and on to the gloves. The water droplets on the surface of her cohesive gloves dripped on the floor making sounds, startling her. As she heard a few footsteps, she tilted her head to her left side whispering, "He is coming" to the air space beside her.

She sees Amaran open the door and hastily run into the objects on the table. Outside, the speed of the wind increased leading to the pouring of an even more heavy rain. She observed him trampling on the scattered papers on the floor and tossing down on the armchair. His breathing paced down, reviving him from the blurred vision. Sweat started running down from his forehead. She could sense that the darkness was sending chills down his spine as he reached out to the landline on the desk.

She bites her lip in tension seeing him, going to pick up the receiver. Suddenly, he hears a loud clap sound to which Amaran turns his head around to the cupboard's side. She moves inside the cupboard, escaping from his sight. As she moves closer to the wall, she hears the sounds of dogs barking outside the building.

She looks around to check if anyone was there and focused on Amaran again. He dared not turn towards the window and clutched onto the receiver tightly. He swiftly picked it up and dialled his Personal Assistant's number. The phone did not ring. He noticed that the wires to the landline were disconnected.

"I cannot stay here for long...", he murmured to himself. She heard him and signalled to the air space next to her. As he stood up from the armchair, she rushed to him digging her hand into her pocket. Checking the draws for his phone, he turns behind hearing the sound of her footsteps.

Amaran gasps seeing her.

She turns around inconsistently in the fear of him being aware of her presence. In tension, he picks up a sharp pencil from the pen-holder and holds it tightly in his fist. She is unaware of what to do and tries to gathers some courage. Taking a deep breath, she paced towards him firmly with her pounding heart. As she went closer, he swiftly swinged his hand with the pencil towards her shoulder. She defended herself by catching and holding back his wrist. His other hand caught her neck which made her breathless.

"What are YOU doing here.. at this hour..?" he asked her furiously. Her eyeballs moved towards the pencil and moved away again to see the space behind him. "He won't hurt himself, if I push him now", she decided mentally. Breathless, with all her might, she pushed him which led him to fall on the floor. She gets disappointed seeing him still grasping on to the pencil.

Exhausted, he was unable to get up. Making use of this chance she tries to snatch the pencil from him, but he retorts. "Help...", she called out silently. He confusedly looks upward and finds nobody next to her. The next instant he felt a hand on his fist trying to detach his fingers from the pencil. In shock, he lets go of the pencil and she takes it and puts it back on the pen-holder arranging the armchair back in place carefully.

Amaran gets confused seeing her actions and steps back towards the door to escape. He pulls the handle of the door. The door gets jammed, as he tries to open it continuously. She puts a black plastic cover over his head and pulls him behind. She pulls him towards the only window of the room and holds two of his hands tied together in her one hand, and opens the window in the other hand.

The wind blows off the cover on his head, spritzing fresh raindrops on his face. His mind gets unstable as soon as his eyes see the ground. "N-no... Anj.. Anjana-ahh", he rages at her. Her lips tremble, hearing him scream in fright. She pushes him further out the window, thrusts his neck tightly and goes near him and whispers to his ear in a feeble tone, "This is my turn, Amaran... thanks for coming into my life again.. else I wouldn't have never been able to meet my friend again... or would I've done THIS...".

Anjana pushes him a little more outside in apprehension. Suddenly, he slips and falls out of the window. She gasped in horror seeing him fall down to death. Peeping out of the window, she sees Amaran's body on the ground and the blood oozing from his head getting diffused in the rainwater, as a few raindrops touch her face.

At a clap of the thunder, she shuts the window and sits down on the floor shivering from the coldness. Cupping her face in her hands, she cries hysterically realizing what she did. After a few minutes, rubbing her tears off, she dazed at the wall. All of a sudden, she hears the sound of the rain increasing in the room.

Turning back, she finds the window opening. Rising to see the weather changing beautifully, she feels the rain by letting her hand out. A note from her pocket, flew its way to Amaran's table under the keyboard. "The PA's note?", she asked to the air space beside her. She goes near the table and reads the note.

Anjana had bribed Sethuraman, the Personal Assistant of Amaran to observe the latter's activities and report to her. She asked him to write a suicide note in Amaran's handwriting and hand it over to her.

Reading the suicide note, she sighed heavily. Anjana felt a hand on her hand, interlocking its fingers with hers. "Thank you...", it said to Anjana. "Indhra... please don't... please don't say you're leaving..", said Anjana in the fear of losing her.

"I have to...", said Indhra firmly. Anjana pressed her hand, asking her to stay. Indhra takes her hand off and hugs Anjana saying, "I want to see you be successful at anything you do.. and take good care of your family.. Be good Anjana...". Anjana listened to her with tears brimming from her eyes. "You know how much you mean to me.. but seeing all of this that you did for me... (pause) I don't think I'm that worthy Anu, am I? I don't know. But, THANK YOU for all that you did for me..."

Indhra places a letter on her hand and moves away from her. They look at each other for one last time.

"Are you going to leave me all alone again, Indhra?", Anjana asks Indhra with questioning eyes. Teary-eyed, Indhra responds to Anjana saying, "It isn't fair right..?", as she slowly diffuses into the thin air. Anjana gazes at the sky from the window and looked at her palm, tightly enclosing Indhra's ring.

THE END

Naveen wipes Anjana's tears as he finishes narrating, closes the laptop and keeps it on the table beside their cot.

Anjana (wiping her tears): That's it?

Naveen: Yeah..

Anjana looks back into her laptop on her and starts typing.

Naveen: How was it?

Anjana: Naveen.. why are you getting so personal with the names..?

Naveen: I felt it would be appropriate...

Anjana: How is it appropriate.. you can't put the same names... leave mine and Indhra's, why Amaran's? They have peacefully accepted the reason of his death as a suicide, why do we have to dig into it further and put ourselves into trouble?

Naveen: It has been five years.. do you think they will still remember?

Anjana sighs.

Naveen: Okay okay.. I'll change the names.. It is just the draft right..

Anjana (with a frown): Hmm.. (continues typing)

Naveen looks at her still disappointed, walks to the couch and sits there looking into his laptop. He changes the names of the protagonists and antagonist using the replace tool.

Naveen: Anju.. It is 12:15 am, how much more are you going to work?

Anjana: Just a little more Naveen.. I have to submit this draft tomorrow.

Naveen: Don't overwork yourself Anju... we can take care of it in the morning..

Anjana: Morning? We have to go to Thamizh's house, do you remember that?

Naveen (exclaims): Ohh..

She shakes her head at him. After fifteen minutes, she closes her laptop and goes to the washroom to wash her face. She comes near the couch and sits next to him, placing the wet towel on the couch. Naveen gets annoyed seeing this.

Naveen (agitated): Anju ! How many times have I told you not to..

Anjana: Pch... this guy... (takes the towel in her hand and aims it at the laundry bag)

She throws the towel into the laundry bag successfully.

Naveen: Lazy fellow...

Hitting his shoulder, she lies back comfortably with her eyes closed. He took her hand into his, cracking her knuckles and operating his phone in the other hand. She, who was scared of it let her hand remain in his, with a light shy smile.

Suddenly she blinked her eyes wide and withdrew her hand casually as he continued playing his game. She stared at him who was immersed in the game and looked away to their pictures on the wall. Seeing him jerk and reacting unconsciously to the goals, she looked irritated at him.

Anjana (annoyed): I'm going to break that phone now.

He continued to play like he didn't even hear her. After ten minutes, he turned his phone vertically.

Anjana (sarcastically): Over? Finally !

He looked at her and nodded his head positively.

Anjana: Naveen... why did you suddenly write this story?

Naveen (looking away from the phone): I always wanted to.. that's why...

Anjana: That's okay.. but why did you end it as me murdering Amaran?

Naveen: Hey! That was just for the story..

Anjana: I get that.. but how did you write the scene like, everything happened before your eyes?! Are you hiding something from me...?

Naveen: Its just MY fictional interpretation of an incident, it has nothing to do with reality.

Anjana (doubtfully): No... you have written every single detail clearly.. that means you know something about that night..

Naveen: Arey, even if I knew whatever occurred that night, would I be publicising it in a book?

Anjana (unconvinced): Yeah.. but..

Naveen: No buts. This is just a fictional scene in a fictional story. That's it.

Anjana lies back on the pillow and stares at him in suspicion. She convinces herself and goes to sleep.

The next morning,

Anjana wakes up to find a blanket on her for the nth time. She moves it away and looks around searching for Naveen. Naveen comes in front of her perfectly dressed in a kurta, to her shock. She bathes and quickly dresses up in a saree and adorns herself with a choker necklace and few bangles. Aadhira and Grace join them and they leave to Thamizh's house in their car.

Aadhira jumps out of the car in excitement seeing Madhi and Chithra. She hugs them both merrily. Thamizh and the other guests greet them as well. They enter the house to see the hall decorated with balloons saying 'Happy Anniversary'.

Aadhira: Happy Anniversary Aunty and Uncle! (hugs Chithra)

Chithra (smiling): Thanks da! (hugs her back)

Madhi: Thank you da, you were the first one to wish us.

Thamizh: Appa, I was the first one to wish !

Chithra: Aadhira called us in the midnight only. You wished us just in the morning.

Thamizh (murmers to himself): Does she have to wish them first every time and act so overly nice? What an actor..

Aadhira grinned back at him, while he smiled sheepishly at her.

Aadhira (whispers): Murmer all that you want to, I know what is waiting for you. (winks)

Thamizh (whispers back): What...?

Aadhira: Wait and see.

Thamizh gives her a confused look.

All of the guests gather for the cake-cutting ceremony and cheer for the blushing couple, who completed their twenty-eighth year together. Madhi and Chithra feed the cake to everyone and look at Anjana looking awkwardly at them. Chithra calls Anjana forward and feeds her a piece of cake.

Chithra (sarcastically): This is for successfully paying back your loan.

Anjana (awkwardly): Aunty.. I knew this coming! (laughs)

Thamizh (teases): The same scene every year.

Anjana (teases back): You also keep repeating the same dialogue for four years.

Madhi (to everybody): We'll have lunch and come back, their banters will not end so soon !

All of them laugh at his comment.

Chithra: But.. you have done so much for our organization in this year so, this is thanks for that as well. We wish we had a daughter like you..

Thamizh (teases): Well said ma... (walks out dramatically clapping his hands)

Anjana laughs and pulls him back, making him stand with Madhi and Chithra. She takes out her phone and clicks a selfie with them grinning widely. Both the families have their lunch together. Madhi decides to confess something to Thamizh.

Madhi: Um... Thamizh...

Grace (interrupts): Thamizh... how's your job going?

Thamizh: You know right aunty, it is quite an interesting job.. so it's going well. (smiles)

Grace: Good. So, you're earning now and doing well in your job, have you thought about marriage yet?

Thamizh widens his eyes and stops munching on his food. Aadhira smiles and sees him.

Thamizh: Aunty.. why so soon?

Chithra (sternly): Soon? Did you forget your age?

Thamizh: Ma.. seriously?

Grace: It's not about the age though.. don't you feel you are ready enough for this?

Thamizh: I haven't even thought about it ma.. even Aadhira's single right?

Aadhira: Hey, why are you pulling me into this?

Thamizh (whispers to her): Please di, save me from this.

Aadhira smirks at him.

Chithra: She has an ambition, she wants to do something even big as a playback singer that is why she has not thought about her marriage. What is wrong with you? You have achieved your ambition right? You have a decent job and salary, plus you are doing what you like. Even Naveen and Anjana got married last year as soon as she got her promotion. We are asking you to just think about it.... (drags it)

Thamizh: Don't tell me.. are you asking me to think about it or have you already looked for an alliance?

Everyone look at him in awkwardness. Thamizh gets annoyed seeing their reactions and walks away from the dining table. They get upset seeing him. Aadhira and Anjana go behind him.

Aadhira (calmly): Why are you getting so tensed now? This is not some straight bride-seeing or groom-seeing ceremony, this is just like a date. If you like her, you can take the next step if not, then politely tell them that you're not interested.

Thamizh: But how can they do this without my knowledge? Not right Aadhira.

Aadhira looks at him worriedly.

Anjana: It is not their fault, the bride's parents-

Aadhira (interrupts): Not a bride (nods her head horizontally at Thamizh).

Anjana: Yeah, the girl's parents are Grace aunty's friends so, they have seen you at our house. They felt you would really suit their daughter. Chithra aunty and Madhi uncle also felt the same, that's why they arranged this meeting.

Aadhira: And do you know the best part?

Thamizh (in an irritated tone): What?

Aadhira: It was the girl who wanted to meet you in person.

Thamizh: Hey.. you guys are pranking me right.. why would a girl want to see ME?

Anjana (sarcastically): That is what even I wondered about.

Aadhira (giggling): Who knows... but I'm sure she wants to meet you. So, go fast.

Thamizh: Go where?

Anjana & Aadhira (in chorus): To meet her.

Thamizh: Yeah later.. (walks towards the dining room).

Aadhira (stopping him with her hand): Where are you going?

Thamizh: To eat.

Aadhira: Once exited, you cannot enter again. Go meet her. There's a coffee hub near her house, call her after you reach there. Have your lunch there, go.

Thamizh: Isn't this too much? In one day? I don't even know how she looks like.

Anjana: Her name is Anupama and SHE knows how you look like, she will identify you. Leave now.

Anjana and Aadhira push him outside and make him get inside his car. From the car's window Anjana takes his phone and sets the coffee hub's location in Google Maps' Navigator.

Anjana: All set !

Aadhira: All the best, Thamizh (grins) ! (waving her hand at him)

Thamizh drives his car in an annoyed manner. He receives a message from Anjana with the Anupama's number. Switching off the phone, he parks the car in front of the coffee hub. He fiercely swings open the door, catching everyone's attention. Seating himself on a table near the window, he saves the girl's number and makes a call. The call gets disconnected citing some issue in the outgoing. He opens WhatsApp and texts her.

As soon as the tick turns to two blue ticks, he exits WhatsApp and squints his eyes in embarrassment. Seeing that there was no reply from her, he opened her chat again. This time something else attracted his eyes, her display picture. He clicked on her display picture and gets surprised seeing her.

Thamizh: She looks so pretty! Why would she want to see, me?

Confused, he waited for the next five minutes for her message, but there was no reply. In apprehension, he made up his mind to leave.

Anupama: (from behind): Thamizh?

_________________________________________________________

Both the families are seated in the drawing room, reading the final draft of Naveen's book from his laptop.

Madhi: Good job Naveen, the tenth chapter was fast-paced and interesting.

Naveen (smiling): Thank you Uncle.

Grace: We are hoping this book will work well.

Madhi: Why Naveen? The last book did well right?

Naveen: Yeah uncle, but the reception was not as big as the first book.. but that's fine right ma? Every story will have its own audience. Even though there were very few people who read the book, almost all of them connected to the story immensely.

Madhi (nodding): Yes Naveen.. I agree.

Madhi passes Naveen's laptop to Anjana, who was sitting beside the latter. Anjana scrolls down to read the final chapter. She reads the last few lines and feels uneasy again. Naveen notices her.

Naveen: Anju.. did you call Thamizh?

Anjana (absent-mindedly): No.. why disturb him..

Naveen: Come, we'll make some tea for them. It is raining also.

Anjana hesitatingly nods her head positively. They walk into the kitchen and place a utensil filled-to-the-top with milk on the lighted stove. Naveen smiles at Anjana and makes her sit on the counter.

Naveen: Do you remember how our house-warming happened?

Anjana: Hmm..

Naveen: Since the milk didn't boil and overflow, we ourselves splattered some milk around the utensil to make it look like...

Anjana (interrupts): Hmm.

Naveen: What happened to you suddenly?

Anjana (pretends): Nothing..

Naveen: Don't hide it from me, Anju.. tell me what your problem is..

Anjana: When you can hide things from me, shouldn't I?

Naveen: What did I hide from you? If there is something that I hid from you, then that must be the incident where I had Aadhira's ring. You people know that too..

Anjana: Don't act like you don't know. (firmly) there is some link between the final chapter and what happened that night..

Naveen (questioning): How are you so strong about it?

Anjana: Because nobody other than me knows that she owned a ring, how did you know about it?

Naveen (sounding surprised): She really had a ring?

Anjana: Stop joking.

Naveen: Anju.. it surprisingly is just a coincidence !

Anjana: But I'm not convinced Naveen.. you voluntarily went to his office that day and took part in the investigation. On the previous day, after dropping me at Iryn ma's home you went in a route that was opposite to our house. You also mentioned that the Anjana character bribed Sethuraman, in reality even he resigned his job few days after Amaran's death. Did you do anything to him, because I was upset that day??

Naveen looked shocked at her hearing her revelation.

Naveen (anxiously): Why are you overthinking Anju? How are you even connecting the dots?

The milk overflowed from the utensil. Naveen quickly turned behind, lowered the flame and added some tea powder to the milk, while stirring it fiercely.

Anjana (vexed): What did I say now.. I'm just worried that you shouldn't get involved in any of this trouble..

Naveen: So? Does it mean that you can cook up your own theories? If you want I'll even change the climax for you, but please stop thinking about this for god's sake.

Naveen added sugar to the tea and filtered it. He poured the tea in six cups and placed five on a tray, giving one to Anjana. Stepping out of the room, he opens his laptop to delete the final chapter of the book. He serves the tea to everyone and sits down on the couch faking a smile to the other family members who were happily chatting to each other.

Naveen (in his mind): I'm sorry Anju... for the first time in our life, I am hiding this from you.

Aadhira tapped on his shoulder and asked why he looked worried. He nodded his head negatively and smiled at her.

Aadhira: Any problem Anna?

Naveen: No..

Chithra: Aadhira, you wanted to see how Thamizh's room was recently re-designed right?

Aadhira: Oh yeah ! I completely forgot about that. I'll go and see his room.

_________________________________________________________

Thamizh turns around to see Anupama smiling widely.

He smiles in return and asks her to sit.

Anupama (forwards her hand to him): Hi, I'm Anupama.

Thamizh (forwards his hand): Hi, Thamizh.

Anupama (smiles): I know.

Thamizh struggles to start the conversation with her and starts looking around at the wall paintings. Anupama feels sorry for the awkward Thamizh and decides to initiate the conversation.

Anupama: You are a photographer right?

Thamizh (turns to her side): Huh? Y-yeah... forensic..

Anupama: Okay.. I'm a neurologist.

Thamizh (widens his eyes): Neurologist?

Anupama: Yes. Even your parents wanted you to become a doctor right?

Thamizh (squinting his eyes): How do you know?

Anupama: I know. (smiles)

Thamizh: Wait.. how well do you know me? You're not stalking me, I hope?

Anupama: Hey (laughs), no way.. I never stalked you.. everything happened as a coincidence actually.

Thamizh: Coincidence?

Anupama: Yeah, the first time..

The waiter interrupted them to note the order.

Anupama: They make the best cookies here, you wanna try some?

Thamizh nods his head indistinctively.

Anupama (to the waiter): Two espressos, two wheat chocolate chip cookies.

The waiter leaves.

Anupama: Can we go to that art corner? It is quite an interesting spot here, we might also get a topic to jam about.

Thamizh: Yeah.. okay..

Thamizh had confused feelings about her, but he felt happy in her warm presence, while she felt way too comfortable with him. The art corner was filled with paintings and mini-crafts related to Valentines Day. Both of them looked at a little doll-house painted in red and smiled unknowingly. Anupama felt like initiating the conversation again.

Anupama: So.. what were we talking about.. (thinks) Ah, yeah.. I first saw you at a textile shop.. you were the only one who was looking so anxiously at the TV there.. I felt I had seen you somewhere before, but couldn't recollect anything. Then after a few days, I saw you with Aadhira in her display picture in WhatsApp... that's when I realised that I have seen you in her status, story, display picture etc..

The waiter serves them their order and leaves.

Thamizh (laughs slightly): So, you just saw me in few pictures and decided to meet me?

Anupama: Why not? You do look handsome.

Thamizh blushes silently hearing her and takes a sip of the espresso. She beams seeing him blush.

Anupama: Okay, but that was not my point.. I told my parents about you and they inquired Grace aunty regarding this. Aadhira was the one who showed your pictures and shared a lot of information about you. When I heard her speak about her depressive episode and how you and your family supported her during those times, I really fell for you.. at that moment.

Thamizh took a moment to absorb what she said and looked into her deep eyes. Anupama closed her eyes in embarrassment and mentally face-palmed.

Anupama: I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have..

Thamizh: No.. its okay you said what you felt..

Anupama: Thamizh, I'll stop beating around the bush. I think.. no I'm sure that I love you.. for almost five years now. And I know that it isn't attraction or infatuation now, afterall we aren't teenagers anymore.. I really want to lead a life with you. Will you marry me Thamizh?

Her words reminds him of something that disturbed him.

Thamizh (passive-aggressively): No.

_________________________________________________________

Aadhira enters Thamizh's room with Naveen and looks around. Naveen looks at the wall designs whereas Aadhira looks at the arrangement of the furniture. Aadhira adores the room decor.

Aadhira: Wow, this room looks so different than before. They have arranged the furniture so neatly.

Naveen: Yeah.. they've chosen classy colors for the wall.

Aadhira: It looks so beautiful.

Naveen: We shall hire the same interior designer for your studio, what say?

Aadhira: Sure sure.

Naveen looks to other side and touches the surface of the wardrobe.

Naveen: Have they re-painted the wardrobes as well? (gets a call)

Aadhira: I think so..

Naveen: Wait a minute, I'll attend this call and be back.

He goes downstairs. Aadhira feels the texture of the surface of the wardrobe and finds the second wardrobe open. When she goes near the wardrobe to close it, she finds a big strange box inside it.

_________________________________________________________

Anupama looks devastated at his reply. Thamizh feels bad for snapping at her.

Thamizh (regretfully): I'm sorry... but I did not like what you said..

Anupama: What..?

Thamizh: About teenage love... you called it an infatuation.

Anupama: But Thamizh.. I didn't mean to hurt you..

Thamizh (concerned): I understand. Don't worry.

Anupama gets perturbed seeing his nervousness.

Thamizh: I'm sorry, I came here because my sister and Aadhira forced me to.. but seeing the honesty in you, I feel scared.

Anupama (puzzled): Why?

Thamizh: I don't know.. I'm sorry if I had hurt your feelings in any way Anupama, I can never be ready for a marriage.. please understand.

Anupama: It is fine Thamizh.. if you are not okay with this I'm ready to step back. You relax.

Thamizh: Thank you. Wait..

Thamizh decides to not leave her empty-handed. He borrows an InstaCam from a woman sitting on a table and clicks a picture with Anupama. He takes a tissue and writes a note for her in it. He hands over the picture and tissue to her.

Thamizh: Here you go, Happy Valentines Day in advance. (smiles)

Anupama: Thank you. (smiles back)

Thamizh walks towards the entrance to leave. Anupama calls him. He turns back to her.

Anupama: Have you ever been in love?

Thamizh thinks for a moment and shrugs his shoulder, shedding a painful smile.

Thamizh (voice shakes): I'm scared that I might cry in front of you if I give an answer for that question... bye! (waves his hand slightly at her)

Thamizh comes out of the coffee hub and lets out warm tears as he walks by, exposing his sorrow to the rain. Anupama comes out, concerned about him getting drenched in the rain. He doesn't give an ear to anything and gets into his car. Leaving the windows open he drives the car swiftly.

Anupama reads the note on the tissue,

"On this Valentine Week, I wish that you, unlike me, get past your past and achieve a beautiful, complete and successful love story for the beautiful person you are. All the best.

With Love,

Thamizh."

Anupama (in her mind): Complete love story...?

Thamizh sees a tear from his eye wing and vanish along the fast-moving rain just like his past.

_________________________________________________________

Aadhira picks up the box, opens it and finds Thamizh's photo album in it. She opens the album and has a look at his pictures.

Aadhira (in her mind): He has so many cute pictures and he has never shown me them !

She turns to the next page and finds one of his present picture and his teenage picture.

Aadhira (in her mind): What is this?

She finds a picture hid in the pocket of his present picture. She takes the picture out and gets shocked seeing it.

Aadhira (in her mind): He knew Indhra...?

A paper and a ring fell from the same pocket. As Aadhira bent down to pick them up, Thamizh enters the room. He feels flustered seeing the album in her hand. Aadhira sees the ring and gets horrified.

Aadhira: Isn't this the same ring you showed to cheer me up that day, at the reality show?

Thamizh (anxiously): Aadhira.. give that back to me..

Aadhira opens the paper and finds a note written on it. She lines the letter with her eyes,

You once told me that anyone can change the world with love. You proved it today. My afterlife that started because of your love has come to an end because of the same love. That is why I came disguised that day, to meet you. Though, the sorrow of the broken togetherness exists.. on the whole, I feel lucky to have experienced your love even after death. This part of me will always remain with you. You must always grow on, in everything, even love.

Take care,

Sivaangi Indhra

THE END

Thank you sooo much @soulful_scribbler senioreyy for this cover !🥺💖💖 It is beautiful! 😍🥺❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 8.7K 42
After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, more of a brat, Chloe Bourgeois, in a chi...
145K 30.4K 98
Title - Dangerous Personality Author - Mu Gua Huang MC- Xie Lin x Chi Qing Chapter 161 + 2 extras แ€‘แ€ฐแ€ธแ€†แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€Šแ€ทแ€บ แ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€†แ€ฝแ€ฒแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€แ€…แ€บแ€แ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บ แ€แ€ปแ€ฎแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บ...
148K 937 8
ุชุญุฐูŠุฑ:-ุงู„ู‚ุตุฉ ู…ู†ุญุฑูุฉ +18 (ุงู„ู‚ุตุฉ ู…ูƒุชู…ู„ุฉ)
93.9K 2.2K 11
ู…ุงููŠุง - ุญุจ - ู‚ุณูˆู‡ - ุบูŠุฑู‡ renad231_5 ู…ุฑุช ุณู†ู‡ ูˆุงู„ู‚ู„ุจ ุฐุงุจุญู‡ู‡ ุงู„ู‡ุฌุฑ ูˆู…ุฑุช ุณู†ู‡ ูˆุงู„ู‡ุฌุฑ ุนูŠุง ูŠุณุชุญูŠ ุงู„ุฑูˆุงูŠู‡ ู…ูˆุฌูˆุฏู‡ ููŠ ุงู†ุณุชุง : renad2315