Bestfriend | Ran Takahashi

By NikkieKnickKnack

Aya have always been called the bestfriend, the number fan, the biggest supporter, the little princess... Wha... More

Disclaimer
Hi, I'm Takahashi Ran
Accepted
21
Riri
See You Around
Unexpected
Jealous
Act Cool. Be Cool.
Birthday
A Thousand Miles
Prince Charming
Just Let Me Go
Start Over
Goodnight
Bikini
Boys are Weird
Rain
You Missed
Happy
Date
Bruised
Love Bites
Uncomfortable
Skin to Skin
Liar
I Miss Her
Hold On
Shopping
Safety First
Miyako-jima
The Beach
Passion
Sore
Promise
Moments
Fight
Japan v Qatar
Japan v Bahrain
Wake Me Up
Back to Tokyo
Birthday Weekend
That One's For You
Live on Insta
Idiots
Hate
First Love
Sacrifice
Yes!
Time with You

Number One

2.1K 50 2
By NikkieKnickKnack

The week leading to the finals was stressful. Ran was ignoring me since that one night, he hasn't replied to my messages or calls. He does have to practice for his final match as well. So, I guess he's busy. My two brothers,  Kenzo and Ichiro, who were studying in America decided to fly in to support me. Who thought their little princess would one day be competing in a championship?

Day of the match...

My whole family was in the stands, cheering, Mr. and Mrs. Takahashi were there as well, along with Riri and Rui. Before leaving the locker room, I texted Ran to see if he was coming. He's been in my every match, cheering, unless he was sick or he has a match. I waited a few more minutes for him to reply, nothing.

It was tied 2-2 and it's been back and forth between my team and the other team with match point. Everyone was exhausted. Coach asked for a time out, I had a sip of water and tried to catch my breath, that was when I noticed Ran sneaking in. He had his goofy smile plastered on his face as he wave at me. Hana saw this and elbowed my side, she gave a dirty look and whispered that I should focus on the match. I just rolled my eyes.

It was another match point, Hana was serving, if we are able to save this and manage to hit one in, we'll win. Hana served, the other team was able to save it. The ball was near the left corner and it still baffles me on how they manage to save it. They set up for a hit, our libero managed to dig it, I set it up for Hana.. the other team blocked it, the ball falling to my left, I dove to save it, I felt a slight pain on my left knee. I saw Hana jumped for a spike, she hit it in an empty space. We won! I thought. That was when she landed on my left knee as I tried to get up. I screamed in pain.

Hana landed on her butt and looked at me as I held my knee, tears flowing down my face as I try to endure the pain. The coach followed by our athletic trainer were on me immediately. Asking me questions. They tried to carry me but I couldn't move, it hurts. I heard Ran from behind them, trying to get to me.

"I didn't mean it," I heard Hana say from somewhere. "We won, right? We should be celebrating, she can go to the hospital and have it checked out. It doesn't look that bad" she added.

Ran was beside me as they put me in a stretcher. "You'll be fine," he said and handed a bouquet of tulips, my favorite flowers. My dad rode with me to the hospital, I had an MRI scan and waited in my room. My whole family was there, including the Takahashi family. Ran sitting on a chair next to the bed. The doctor came in and told us that I have a Grade 3 ACL tear and I would need surgery. Everyone was quiet, Ran was holding my right hand, waiting for me to burst down crying.

"Will I be able to play again?" I asked.

"I'm going to be honest with you Higurashi-san, there is a possibility that you will be able to play again and be back 100% on court, but that will take time as your knee will need to heal after surgery and you will need a lot of therapy after," the doctor explained.

I nodded, "It's not like I have another option, let's get this over with so I can be out before Ran-kun's championship."

"Princess, you don't need to rush, you need to rest," my dad told me.

"I know, but I just.." I looked down on my swollen knee and that's when I felt a tear falling down on my other hand.

"Aya-chan, Ran would understand if you're not good by his championship game, right darling?" Mrs. Takahashi said.

I looked at Ran and he nodded before kissing the top of my head. I felt some icy glare coming from my brothers on the other side of the room. They were glaring at Ran. Protective much?

I had my surgery the day after. The team visited me along with Hana. They gave me a medal and a lot of my favorite snack, matcha pocky. I stayed in the hospital for two weeks, Ran visited everyday after practice, keeping me company. My brothers visited every other day, as well as my dad. Kenzo and Ichiro went back to the US to continue their studies for the Summer.

I was able to walk a couple of weeks after surgery, in moderation. When I got home, there were balloons everywhere.  There was a banner in the living room saying 'Welcome Home!' The team was there, except for Hana, the Takahashi family was there too. I was surprised and I was on the verge of crying until Ran came up to me.

"Hey, no crying" he said.

I nodded.

That night was wonderful. Dad cooked my favorite food, Riri and Mrs. Takahashi made my favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake, the team brought some presents. Everyone was laughing and having fun.

Championship...

I travelled to Tokyo for Ran's championship after begging my dad for a whole week. Aro was supposed to supervise me since he goes to Tokyo University and has time to watch me that entire week. This was a surprise for Ran as he didn't know I was going to be there. He insisted that I stay and get better and that there was no reason for me to strain myself by travelling all the way to Tokyo for a silly match. I know it's more than a match to him. Scouts could be in the crowd watching, it's his big chance to fulfill his dreams.

I was sitting on the stands next to my brother, behind us was the Takahashi family. I made a banner, a very colorful banner, that says, 'Ran-kun's Number 1 fan.' The players walked out to the court as they were introduced. They stood on the 3 meter line on their side of the court, same for the other team. They greeted each other and wished them luck. After that, the cheering started. I stood up and cheered loudly as the match began.

His teammate set him up for a spike, it's match point, if he hits this perfectly, they'll win. Just like that, my bestfriend is a champion. I never cheered so loud in my entire life. I was so happy for him. He worked so hard to get this far. We all went down to congratulate him, but there were a few media outlets interviewing him. I stood just a few feet behind them holding my banner. He was crying and I just wanted to hug him.

We made eye contact and he smiled. He pulled me to him for a hug. "My number one fan," he told the press.

"What are you doing here?" he asked after the press left.

"Ano... I wanted to cheer you on?"

"But your knee, you need to heal"

"I'm fine as long as I don't overwork myself, but... CONGRATULATIONS!" I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, lifting me from the ground.

"Ehem.." my brother fake coughed.

"Oh Aro-kun, let them have their moment," Mrs. Takahashi playfully nudge my brother. We both blushed and let each other go. He went on to the locker room and celebrate with his team. It's their night, we'll celebrate tomorrow.

As I was relaxing in my hotel room, browsing through Instagram, I heard a knock on my door. It was 11:30pm, who in their right mind would knock at this time. I got up and looked at the peep hole to see who it was. Ran.

I opened the door, clearly forgetting that I was just in my shorts and tank top. "What's up? And how did you know this was my room?" I asked.

I noticed that he was trying to look somewhere else but me. That was when I realized what I was wearing. "Kuso.. give me a sec-" Ran threw his hoodie at me and I wore it immediately. It swallowed me, it ended just above my knee and my fingers were barely showing. "Come in," I said.

He walked in, carrying a box. He was still in his jersey, so he probably came from their celebration. He looked around and saw my tablet on my bed, a pillow to rest my knee and a few snacks. "Were you sleeping already? Did I wake you up?" he asked. I looked at him and see the concern on his face.

"No, silly. I was just browsing Instagram when you knocked," I answered. I plopped down on my bed and got comfy. He sat on the other bed, looking shy. "I don't bite, you know, besides, who told you where I was staying?"

"Liar, you bit me before. We were 7, you bit my arm because I wouldn't give you the volleyball," he contested.

"Hey! That was years ago, it doesn't count," I giggled.

"I asked Riri where you were staying, I just wanted to say that I really am happy that you were there to watch me today," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

I sat up and faced him, looking at his shy face. I took both his hands and held it, looking at his taped fingers. It needed to be taped again. He handed me a tape and I proceeded. He was never good at taping his own fingers. "Ano... I got you something" he whispered as I tape his fingers. "You know.. you don't have to get me anything," I said, finishing up.

He held out the box. "It's a strawberry shortcake from a famous bakery, it has good reviews" he mumbled. I opened it and it looked so delicious and mouth watering. "Also, there's a small box in my hoodie pocket," he added. I pulled out 2 plastic forks and a small jewelry box.

"Share?" he asked, looking at me then at the cake.

"What's this?" I asked as I handed him the other fork, looking at the small velvet box. "Just a thank you gift," he casually answered as he takes a fork full of cake.

I opened it and inside was a silver bracelet with all his jersey numbers since he was little as charms. "Number one fan" he said, "I'll be adding more numbers soon, hopefully."

My hands were shaking, it was beautiful. He put it on my left wrist and I smiled, "I love it, thank you."

We ate the cake as we watched movies on my tablet, forgetting the time, just enjoying each other's company.

==================================
*ano - uhmm
*kuso - damn

A/N: I have this story in my head and I'm typing on my phone as it goes. So, I might be posting one or two chapters a day, maybe more if I have the time.

Please let me know if you like it or not.

Thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
4.6K 131 16
A journalist finds their way to the Karasuno Volleyball Club, not expecting to make friends. So what does she do when she starts fitting in with the...
14.4K 327 24
"𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴" ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ l/n Y/n used to be neighbors with the one and only Tooru Oikawa. For being...
369K 7.1K 21
MATURE CONTENT: READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED Chapters: 4, 8, 12 , 15, 17, 20. Beware. You were stressed out to the point where you felt like it was...