Unravelling You l ✓

By wannabecurious9

❝What sin did I commit in my past life that I have to tolerate you in this life?" "A very grave one for which... More

Description
Chapter 1 - Awaiting
Chapter 2 - It Happened Again!
Chapter 3 - The Meet
Chapter 4 - Thoughts
Chapter 5 (A) - Friends
Chapter 5 (B) - 'I expect loyalty'
Chapter 6 - Date!?
Chapter 7 - I'm so difficult!
Chapter 8 - Annoying People
Chapter 9 - The Truth Hurts
Chapter 10 - Engagement Disaster
Chapter 11 - Apologies & Smiles
Chapter 12 - Jalkukda
Chapter 13 - The Wedding
Chapter 14 - Beginnings
Chapter 15 - Thank You 💛
Chapter 16 - Circus
Chapter 17 - Silence
Chapter 18 - Hurt
Chapter 19 - Care
Chapter 20 - Stay
Chapter 21 - Blue & Black
Chapter 22 - Vedika
Chapter 23 - Blushing
Chapter 24 - Anniversary
Chapter 25 - Enough!
Chapter 26 - Communication
Chapter 27 - Pain
Chapter 28 - Cupcakes
Chapter 29 - Birthday
Chapter 30 - Prayers
Chapter 31 - First
Chapter 32 - Distance
Chapter 33 - Missing
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Feelings
Chapter 36 - Confession
Chapter 37 - Gifts
Chapter 38 - Pacifying Him
Chapter 40 - Honeymoon
Chapter 41 - New York
Chapter 42 - Revelation
Chapter 43 - Humans are stupid
Chapter 44 - Happiness
Epilogue - Forever
Acknowledgment
Bonus Chapter (1)
NEW BOOK !
Bonus Chapter (2)
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 39 - Surprise

6.5K 387 107
By wannabecurious9

🎶 Darasal

Published on 22.07.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Aarohi woke up in the middle of the night around 1 am. Not finding Vihaan near her, a frown instantly made its way on her face. Rubbing her eyes to wash away the sleep from them and pulling the duvet aside, she got up and straightened her loose peach coloured top. She looked for him in the kitchen and living room but not finding him there, she made her way to the study room.

There he was sitting on the desk chair, working on his laptop in front of him with complete concentration. Aarohi leaned against the side jamb of the door and crossed her arms, watching her husband with the same concentration that he gave to the laptop. As if sensing her presence, Vihaan turned his face to look towards the door. An amused smile stretching across his face at her sight.

"You ditched me alone on the bed for the laptop." She commented playfully, walking towards him.

Vihaan craned his neck and narrowed his eyes. "I had a call to make to a New York client and some emails to send to him. I figured out that you can't fall asleep without your favorite personal pillow so I waited for you to sleep and then left to complete my remaining work." He explained with a slight smug.

Aarohi rolled her eyes, leaning a little to have a closer look at the MacBook screen. "That's so considerate of you," she says sarcastically although a small smile still managed to creep on her lips. "Anyways," she looked at Vihaan, "do you need some help?"

"I'm almost done but...." Vihaan looked around him and picked up a bundle of papers lying on the table, "can you put these papers in the file?" He pointed to the shelf in the far off corner of the room. "The yellow file in the second cabinet from left." He instructed.

"Fine." Aarohi took the pile of papers and walked to the shelf, crouching down to open the cabinet while Vihaan resumed checking the emails.

"Remember the business party we attended day before yesterday," Vihaan started catching her attention.

"Hmm." Aarohi answered, most of her attention on arranging the papers in order to place in the file.

"The high slit dress you wore, I know you weren't comfortable in them." He added, making Aarohi confused as to what he was implying so she waited for him to speak more. "You don't have to do something you don't like just to fit in. You don't usually wear such gowns and you wore it because of me, because almost every woman who attended the party was dressed in some sophisticated manner. But...but you don't need to do any of these. You don't have to change yourself for me." He said softly, closing the MacBook and putting it in the bag.

Aarohi stood up after keeping the file back in its place and made her way to the wooden desk. She leaned against the front, her palms holding the edge, forcing Vihaan to look up into her eyes from the chair.

"Assumptions are dangerous Mr. Vihaan Agarwal." She said in a deep voice. "I didn't wear the dress to fit in the crowd. Neither am I changing myself for you because I know and I'm assured that you accept me for who I am and love me with all my imperfections. I just wanted to try something different, something out of my comfort zone, although I soon realized that it wasn't very comfortable." She smiled sheepishly.

Vihaan chuckled hearing that as a wave of relief coursed through him at her words. He would never want Aarohi to do something that she doesn't like, for him or because of him. He doesn't want her to feel obliged to do something that she doesn't generally do just because she's in love with him. He means it when he says that he likes her the way she is, even if that means she's being annoying or stubborn, even if she hardly puts much effort in dressing up or to look beautiful, even if she prefers to sleep empty stomach than to cook something for herself. Till the time she's happy, he's happy.

Without any warning, Vihaan held her waist and perched her on the desk earning a small yelp from Aarohi.

"What the hell!?" She shrieked with a small chuckle, her hands extending to hold his shoulders.

"Interesting." He said in an amused tone.

"This.... position is interesting?" She asked uncertainly looking between them, her legs dangling from the edge and touching his knees and his fingers lingering on her waist over the top.

"I was talking about your theory of trying something different but since you've pointed out, this too is interesting." Vihaan smirked making her eyes go wide.

"Put me down and let's- let's go to sleep." She managed to speak when one of his hand left her waist and went down to trace her calf muscle.

Vihaan put his head on her lap, his light stubble irritating her naked skin since she was wearing shorts. Her breath hitched when his hand on her waist made its way under her shirt and his fingers started tracing patterns over her soft skin, sending a shiver down her spine.

"I'm tired." He mumbled, the hand on her calf trailing upwards to the side of her thigh.

"You've been working a lot these days." Aarohi said in a small voice, her hand raking through his silky hair as she bent down and placed a kiss on top of his head. Her heart almost skipped a beat when she felt his lips kissing her upper thigh sneakily. Her toes pushed against his knees as the sensation of his touch over her skin was burning her in a way that made her crave more. His touch was sinfully addicting. Not wanting to stop his rough fingers trailing on her warm skin but also not wanting herself to get swayed away, she looked for a distraction when her eyes caught his diary beside her.

Aarohi picked up his dairy and started going through it. Missing her fingers running through his hair, Vihaan looked up. His hands locking itself around the small of her back.

"I make note of important dates or appointments in it mostly." Vihaan said, watching how she flipped pages sparing a quick glance over them. Aarohi stopped turning the pages when her eyes fell on a particular picture that had her entire attention instantly.

"Who's this?" She questioned, snapping her head towards him.

Vihaan went onto explain about how he found the picture, how Mom told him that they're Dad's younger brother and wife who died in a plane crash.

"Oh.." Aarohi murmured. "You look eerily similar to the lady!" She exclaimed looking at the dimples of the woman smiling gleefully in the photo.

"Kevin told the same." Vihaan stated.

Something about the picture disturbed her. The familiarity was hard to not notice. Different thoughts made their way in her mind. Not wanting to dwell on them much and stressing herself or Vihaan, she diverted the topic and kept the picture back between the pages.

"It's almost 2 am Vihaan." Aarohi said looking at the clock in front of her on the wall. "Today is Sunday and we had decided to go to the orphanage."

"I remember." He sighed. "And I also remember that you told you've a surprise for me before we go. I'm still dying out of curiosity to know what have you planned."

She raised her right palm in front of him and perked her chin. "Patience child, patience. All in due time," she said dramatically and he shook his head at her antics.

"Let's go back to sleep." He said, scooping her in his arms and she wrapped her hands around his neck as he led them to their room.

–––

"This is my restaurant." Vihaan said when Aarohi drove them over to a familiar place. "Why the heck is it closed?" He whisper shouted when he saw the board of closed on the main door.

Instead of replying, Aarohi just beckoned him inside. There were the usual chefs and staff but no customers.

"You wanted to be a chef when you were a kid but you couldn't." She mused making her way to the kitchen. "You had told me how you always wanted to cook for people, serve them and fill their stomach. Although I can't miraculously make you a full time chef, I can maybe do a little something." She added, taking the apron from the counter and putting it over his head and then going behind him to tie the free ends. "Since we're going to the orphanage today, I thought why not take lunch for the kids as well and what better than to have it cook by you with me as your assistant." She winked at him, putting the other apron over herself before gesturing him to tie the knot.

"So you mean to say that couples who cook together, stay together." He whispered in her ear as his fingers worked on fastening the knot.

Aarohi turned back and smiled.

"That's- that's really thoughtful of you." He mumbled, his eyes falling upon hers in the softest way possible.

"Let's get started then." She declared enthusiastically with her hands on her waist.

"Let's keep it simple since they're kids." Vihaan said, watching Aarohi as she pulled her hair up in a loose bun.

"There are 17 children at the moment and if we count other members then there are around 25 people in total." She informed him.

They decided to make garlic paneer as starters, jeera rice, dal tadka, roti and aloo gobhi alongwith gajar ka halwa for desert. Aarohi proceeded to cook rice while the two chef took the responsibility of making rotis and Vihaan started making the sabzi.

"Never thought there would come a day when you'll step into the kitchen to cook food willingly." Vihaan commented playfully while stirring the gravy.

"Never thought there would come a day when I would actually enjoy cooking." Aarohi said while chopping chillies.

"That's my charm." Vihaan shot back smugly.

Aarohi chuckled, muttering "narcissist" under her breath.

Throughout the time, Vihaan kept on stealing glances at Aarohi. "Stop," he yelled when he saw she was about to rub her eyes.

Aarohi frowned.

"You were just handling chillies with those hands. Your eyes will burn." He explained and went near her.

"I think something went inside my eye." She said blinking her eyes since it was irritating her.

"Wait." Vihaan cupped her face, his thumb resting under her left eye as he tried to keep them open and started to blow air gently.

Having him this close always managed to put her heart in frenzy. He would be so tender with her and yet she couldn't control the way her heart would beat loudly in her chest.

"Are you fine now?" He asked softly and she nodded in a trance, watching him smile at her before he left to resume his work.

After everything was done, the chefs helped to load the food in the car. Vihaan and Aarohi thanked them and left for the orphanage.

"Princess!" Laksh exclaimed when he saw the two entering the gates and ran towards Aarohi, dropping his bat instantly. Aarohi picked him up and whirled him around as the little boy giggled in her arms.

"I missed you." She put him down and squished his cheeks and he pouted in annoyance which just made her chuckle.

Laksh's eyes fell on the man beside Aarohi and he scowled. "What is this creep again doing with you?" He glared at Vihaan.

Vihaan's forehead creased and he looked at Aarohi with an offended expression. "I don't like this kid," he whispered to her and she pursed her lips to contain her laughter.

"Ouch!" Laksh squealed when a girl who seemed to be a couple of years older than him slapped his arm.

"That bhaiya," she pointed at Vihaan, "brought us chocolates last time." She reminded Laksh.

"This girl is nice." He whispered to Aarohi with a contented smile.

"They're children Vihaan. Stop getting your feelings hurt by them." She chided him amusingly and went inside with the kids. Vihaan huffed and followed her.

"Laksh, you shouldn't call him a creep." Aarohi said to Laksh as he sat beside her.

"But I don't like him with you." He retorted bluntly.

"She's married to me." Vihaan shrugged, sitting on the other side of Aarohi.

Aarohi slapped him on his knee and glared. "Stop being petty. You can't be jealous of a four year old!" She gritted.

Vihaan was about to respond but Laksh beat to it.

"Now what about us?" He murmured as he looked down sadly.

"Hey," Aarohi cooed, wrapping her fingers around his tiny hands. "I told you I'll leave him when you grow up and we'll get married, didn't I?" She raised her brows.

Laksh nodded obediently, looking at her with innocent eyes.

"So there's nothing to be afraid of." She grinned and tapped his nose as his face once again brightened up in hope.

He stretched his body and pecked her cheek. "I love you."

"Love you too." Aarohi brought his hands to her lips and kissed them.

Laksh got up and walked to stand in front of Vihaan. Vihaan looked up at the boy who was trying to be as intimidating as possible with squinted eyes, flared nostrils and both hands placed on either side of his waist.

"I'm sorry for being rude." He started and although he was apologising for being rude, he was doing it with a rude tone. "Till the time, Princess and I don't get married, she'll remain married to you," he said and Vihaan nodded trying to be civil. "It's your responsibility to keep her happy and you better not make her cry or I'll...or I'll......," he pondered upon how he could threaten Vihaan only to realize that he didn't have anything in his pocket, "or I don't know what I'll do." He completed the sentence in a confident tone.

It took everything in Vihaan to not burst out laughing at Laksh's adorableness. "I wouldn't dare," he said sincerely pretending to be actually scared of Laksh's warning.

Satisfied with Vihaan's response, Laksh went back to sit beside Aarohi.

The food was served and everyone ate in peace. It was heartwarming for Aarohi to see the kids praise her husband when they came to know that the delicious lunch was cooked by him. Vihaan was surprised when Laksh complimented him for gajar ka halwa which apparently was the boy's favorite. One moment, the kid was at loggerheads with him and the other moment, he's acting as if nothing had ever happened between them. Maybe that's why it's said that always have a childlike heart which believes in finding happiness in little things, doesn't hold onto grudges and has no malice.

After lunch, Vihaan and Aarohi sat down with the kids in a circle and talked to them about their lives, studies and all random things.

There was a moment when the kids started debating over who's the strongest one here. Some pointed to Raj who was 12 years old and the eldest one in the group while others started to deem themselves as the strongest on different criteria. Rati said the person who's most knowledgeable is the strongest and hence, she's the one since she always tops in her class.

"People who cry are weak and that's why girls are weak. Strong people don't cry." Zaid condemned Rati.

"Girls aren't weak." Suman stated getting agitated.

"They are." Zaid said stubbornly.

"I didn't know even kids could be sexist." Aarohi remarked to Vihaan.

"Zaid, come here." Vihaan called out calmly and Zaid who was sitting across him, stood and walked to him. Vihaan made him sit beside himself.

"And why do you think that girls are weak because they cry?" He asked inquisitively, wrapping an arm around Zaid's shoulder.

"I've seen Rati crying when she gets a little less marks than expected. Girls cry over little things. They're weak." He answers firmly.

Vihaan hummed in response. "And does after that she continues to get less marks?"

Zaid thinks for a while and then shakes his head in a "no".

"Then how does crying defines that a person is weak?" Vihaan waggles his brows at him and Zaid seems to be at a loss of answer. All the children too look at Vihaan in dilemma, not understanding what he meant to say. "Crying doesn't make you strong or weak, it makes you human. If crying allows you to feel better then what's the harm in that? If even after crying you can pick yourself up and work harder, how can you say that crying made you weak? Strong people cry too, men cry too, it doesn't make them weak, it makes them real. A person is weak when he loses his belief on himself. A person fails when he gives up. Don't let anyone do that to you, convince you, mould you, make you believe what they believe." He glanced at the kids. "Let yourself be vulnerable, if not in front of others then atleast in front of yourself. Don't bottle up your emotions. Look at your fingers," he brought Zaid's hand up and splayed his fingers, "no two fingers are same then how can two human beings be same? Some can be physically strong, some can be intellectually strong. Some can be good in dance, some can be good in singing. Some can be good in academics, some can be good in sports. The bottom point is strength isn't something that is measured. Till the time, you can keep going irrespective of people being there for you or not, you're strong. You can cry, be kind, be vulnerable, fall multiple times, get told by others that you're worthless and yet be strong. Don't let anyone break you." He concluded and left Zaid's hand with a gentle squeeze.

The kids didn't speak anything for a few seconds and then they started to clap. Vihaan was taken aback. He turned his head to his left to look at Aarohi who was already gazing at him. Her chocolate brown eyes enthralled by him. He arched a brow at her.

Aarohi shook her head, a warm smile stretching across her face. "I love you," she mumbled and rested her head on his shoulder, hooking her arm with his.

***

After a long time oops! I had my final exams and things were a little tough in life so I thought of putting the book on hold till September but fortunately I got two days off and the messages asking me to update made me guilty of leaving y'all hanging. Anyways, hope y'all are doing well and hope you like this chapter as well. Happy Rakshabandhan guys! Love always ♡

Vote and comment ❤️

• Thank you for reading •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 49.4K 37
.... am I that bad to be loved, wanted. I am an unwanted daughter, now i will be an unwanted wife. God what's your problem. Why am i so unwanted in t...
866K 55.3K 54
• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without the other, they knew they wouldn't surv...
118K 15.1K 52
Too old. Too tall. Too rich. Too out of my league. That's Aryan Arora, the billionaire CEO for me. But apparently, he is the perfect marri...
3.2M 108K 63
"Why the hell did you tell them that you are my wife?" he whisper yelled at me. I stared at him in disbelief. "Answer me you useless" he yelled again...