Royal Rose (GirlxGirl)

By NeonBound

Royal Rose (Book 1) Leo's been hiding her identity for years to fight in the arena where women are not allowe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
UPDATE
UPDATE

Chapter 47

49.1K 2.5K 739
By NeonBound

Leo POV

I feel numb.

I can't feel any part of my body.

I try to move but I can't.

I try to open my eyes but still nothing.

I felt paralyzed.

Suddenly I felt the panic and my breathing became rapid.

"I think she's waking up" I heard someone beside me on my left.

I heard footsteps moving closer "No, she's panicking. In deep sleep, it happens" They said.

I suddenly felt someone hold my hand. So I still have my sense of touch, I just can't move.

"Leo it's me, Alia. You're okay. Everything's going to be fine" she said while I felt soft touches on my hand.

Hearing her voice is like a breath of fresh air.

Her soft caress was the last thing I felt before I lost consciousness.

♘♘♘

I finally awakened again. Well... as "awake" as I can get.

This time I didn't panic. I could still feel Alia holding my hand making me feel safe.

I tried to move my hand to give Alia a signal that I'm awake but my hand didn't listen.

"This game is boring" I heard a voice who I'm pretty sure is Ramona, then a thump.

"If you don't like it then don't play it" I heard a bored voice, Dan.

"That's Leo's favorite" I heard Alia's soft voice beside me.

"Damn, I'm sorry Leo, but your taste in board games is shit," Ramona said then a loud smack.

"Ow," Ramona moaned.

"Shut up. She might be awake you know. The doctor said she could be listening anytime" I heard Isabelle's voice.

They were all here. I smiled, even though I knew my body wouldn't follow.

♘♘♘

I gained consciousness again, but this time I felt alone. I couldn't hear anyone.

I don't have any awareness of time or day.

I'm beginning to feel my body again, and everything started to hurt.

I groaned.

I heard a door open and felt someone sit beside me and hold my hand.

"How are you doing little one" My heartbeat escalated from happiness. Father. He's okay.

"You have to wake up okay? Everyone's waiting for you. I'm waiting for you. You've been asleep for a while now" he said softly.

I heard him take a deep shaky breath.

"I know you might not hear me but if you can I want you to know that I love you very much" I heard him sniffle.

I felt an ache in my chest from not being able to comfort him in any way.

I heard the door open again and I heard my father's chair creak from his movement.

"Your Highness" I heard my father say.

I heard a soft chuckle "You don't have to do that here Richard" I heard the deep voice of the King.

There was a moment of silence before the King spoke again. "How is she?" he asked as I heard his footsteps walk closer.

I felt my father's hand on my shoulder. "The doctor said she's healing well. Her leg already stopped swelling and her bruises fading. We're hoping for her to wake up soon" my father said.

"She's a tough one. It's good to hear that the natural remedies are working well. The doctor traveled for days to come see her" The King said.

"Yes, Thank you again for giving Leo a special doctor. With everything that happened I was worried the doctors here wouldn't have time to give her the attention she needs with all the injured women needing treatment" My father said.

I heard the King sigh "It's the least I could do. I owe her so much. I would've lost everything if it wasn't for her"

I lost consciousness after that.

♘♘♘

I woke to someone crying.

I felt my hand being squeezed and wetness on my arm.

"Please wake up Leo. I miss you so much" Alia's voice broke.

My heart ached from hearing her voice so broken. When will all this pain end?

I tried to squeeze her hand but to no avail.

Oh, Alia.

I heard Alia gasp beside me "Leo, can you hear me?"

I felt her soft hand brush my arm.

"Can you squeeze my hand again darling?" She said.

I tried but I don't think I was successful.

"It's okay, don't push yourself. I'll be right here when you're ready" She said softly.

I felt her kiss my temple before I lost consciousness.

♘♘♘

"I think she's waking up" I hear a voice but I couldn't distinguish who it is because my brain is too foggy.

But I feel a lot different now. I didn't know how much time have passed but I slightly feel more in tune with my body, but with that comes the pain.

I feel a large calloused hand squeeze mine. "Leo?" I hear my father's voice.

I squeezed the hand that was holding mine.

"She's responding" I hear him announce.

I heard a couple of footsteps walk towards me, then a soft hand ran through my hair tenderly.

"Leo? Can you open your eyes for me" I heard Alia's voice beside me.

I moaned as I tried to open my eyes. I felt the heaviness of my eyelids. I never imagined using so much energy in just opening my eyes, but I pushed myself.

Finally, I saw a glimmer of light as my eyes slowly open.

Everything was blurry at first, then finally it cleared and I saw my whole family.

Ramona was standing by the curtain beside Kit who was leaning on his new wooden leg. Josh was standing right beside him in case he falls. Carina just entered the door with a box of board games.

Dan was standing way too close to Isabelle, and Isabelle looked like she was far from minding that closeness, remember to ask her about that later.

Finally, I reached beside me. Seeing my father beside the love of my life both looking very happy to see me is probably the best thing to greet me, after all, that's happened.

Seeing all of them here is a dream.

I thought about when I first started my guardship with the princess. I had the swords that I make, and my secret as the Knight of Roses, and a father that loved me. At the time I couldn't imagine wanting more. I was happy. I was content.

But now, I have friends that I've been to hell and back with and I would risk doing it all again for them.

I have a bond with my father that I didn't know could be stronger than it is now.

Then I have Alia. She's still looked beautiful even with her eyes rimmed red, and a few tears running down her face.

I can't imagine being with anyone else. She's my other half, and I can't be happier.

I felt her gently wipe a tear that escaped my eyes. I didn't even realize I was crying.

I stared at her green eyes that were so full of love "How are you feeling darling?" she said.

My eyes glanced around the room seeing their relieved and happy faces.

Everything that happened to me, the pain, the sadness, the tears, and the blood felt worth it if this is the end of the tunnel for me.

I smiled "I couldn't be happier"

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: Hope you guys liked the chapter. Thank you :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 1.1K 31
Her back was turned to me, but I still recognised the supple leather armour curved round her body. The first thing I noticed was that her helmet was...
871K 40.2K 36
Isabella found herself being taken by the Emperor's soldiers. Her village was destroyed and she watched her friends and family either get killed or t...
14K 352 27
Ava, a formidable Mafia boss, grapples with accepting her true self and the brutal reality of her existence. Her unwavering source of inspiration and...
15.8K 971 15
Princess Knallia's birthday is less than a week away, and her parents haven't given up hope in her finding the Prince of her dreams. But Knallia has...