Bound by Blood, Forged in Fire

By Pierce_Chandler46

When Gibbs gets hospitalized the NCIS team meets someone with more insight about him than anyone. Set in the... More

Cast
First Born
Blank
Forward
Joint Forces
Initiative
Hooyah
Leads
Commitment
Honor
Courage
In The Field
Takedown
The Chase
Hard Press
Strength of the Pack
Resolve
All Hands on Deck
Into The Fire
Infamy
Pursuit
Echo
Mirror
Whiplash
FOB
Patterns
Divided
Retribution
Thunder
Defensive
November
Predators
Reckoning
Extract
The Stand
Fugitive
Harbingers
Brotherhood
Taken
Strategize
SERE
The Doc
Impostor
Impact
Winchester
Incoming
Fratricide
In Deep
Stateside
Bonds and Blood

Blaze

194 2 0
By Pierce_Chandler46

The SEALs were in the TOC relaying what they had gathered, the information was detailed but the main issue was the target's choice of laborers. From what they saw the children spanned from the ages of seven and above, with the oldest being at least fifteen. The kids weren't taking part in security, simply cultivating the crops. the platoon and the agents were uncertain of whether or not to take the target or to leave it to other forces. As far as they knew the HVT, Axmed Bashiir was still inside.

"What can you tell me?"

Director Sheperd's and Commander Blackwell's faces popped up on the main screen.

"Director, we have a problem regarding the operation," said Xavier. "The compound appears to be employing at least thirty sentries, maybe more."

"The building itself is rather large for one platoon to take on," added Jace. "On top of that, it seems to employ children as laborers."

The Director blanched at this information, however, she got her bearings and carried on.

"As difficult as that makes it we have no other alternatives," said the Director. "None of the SMUs are available and our other assets in the region aren't prepared to assault the target."

"Director, a raid of this magnitude takes more time and resources to plan," interjected Blackwell. "Especially if you want the HVT alive."

"We're running out of time intel suggests that he'll be relocating soon and we don't know when and where."

"I can have another platoon there in six hours, anything else won't get there for another three days," said Blackwell "Will that suffice Lieutenant?"

Jace looked at his friend, he could tell that he was running scenarios in his head: if they didn't assault the compound they could lose Bashiir and if they did they risk further endangering the children and they could lose the HVT in the process. Jace knew that none of this would be easy and the risks could backfire on the team completely. On the other hand, the best way to control the situation was to take care of the matter themselves. Jace and Xavier looked at each other, the former had an idea.

"We could apprehend him as he leaves."

"Excuse me?" inquired Director Sheperd.

"Two platoons survey the compound, as Bashiir makes his way out one platoon catches him while the other takes the compound," answered Jace.

Both Sheperd and Blackwell agreed with this, the second platoon would be there before sundown.

. . .

The second platoon stationed themselves at the west of the compound on account of the concealment and vantage point. Meanwhile, Jace's platoon was set to survey and pursue Bashiir once he left the compound. Jace rather would have preferred the compound assault, he wanted to personally ensure the safety of the children. However, he knew the men in the platoon and that they were well suited for the job, and with the NCIS team, the kids were in good hands with them.

. . .

The agents and the second platoon were making their way to the compound, once they reached the fence the SEALs pushed down, trying to mitigate the noise as best they could. They had chosen the side of the compound out of view of the overwatch towers and had the laxest security. Once inside the platoon split into two squads, the first with the objective to eliminate security forces and the second to assist the agents with securing the children.

They made their way to the main building, once inside they made their way to the basement where they were being held. The SEALs breached the door, once inside the operators secured the room while the agents went to secure the children. They used chemlights to keep them calm, they treated whatever wounds they came across. They showed signs of withdrawal, physical abuse, and malnutrition.

The Marine QRF was ten minutes out, until then they had to make their way to the extraction point without being noticed. This would be difficult, there were at least twenty children. The Marines were arriving in an RG-33L with an armed escort of two standard RG-33s. This should have enough room for everyone.

. . .

Jace's platoon had followed Bashiir nearly twenty miles away from the compound before cornering him. Jace was in the lead pursuit vehicle, a Toyota Land Cruiser modified into a Non-standard Tactical Vehicle, Holloway was in the main assault vehicle a Tacoma mounted with an M249. The second assault vehicle was another Tacoma.

The assaulters took out the security vehicles while Jace's team engaged Bashiir's car. This led to the former crashing into a tree, the guards got out in an attempt to protect their leader but they were quickly cut down. Jace, Wesson, and Reese secure Bashiir, who was unconscious, and brought him into the back of the NSTV. Jace radioed the TOC once they positively ID'd him.

"Alpha-Two to TOC, Jackpot. We have the HVT."

. . .

The agents and the SEAL platoon regrouped and made their way to the extraction point. So far all was going well. Once the QRF arrived they started loading the children into the vehicles. They were on their way to the forward operating base when they were attacked by the Eurocopter from the technical ship. They put up a defensive position, however, this was only a temporary solution as they came under fire from enemy forces in technicals.

Ziva went for her radio and alerted the TOC.

Jace and the rest of the platoon were on their way to the FOB when they received a transmission from the TOC about the convoy being under attack. They immediately changed their course. Once they were there they set up an offensive; Jace, Reese, and two other SEALs set up sniper and support gun overwatch. This eliminated the ground forces but the helicopter still posed a problem.

Jace prepped his rifle and aimed at the aircraft, specifically the machine gunner. Once he had him he took a shot, this enabled Holloway to aim with an M136 AT4 Rocket Launcher he had retrieved from the NSTV. Once the helicopter was in his line of sight he fired, and everyone watched as the aircraft went down in a burning heap.

The platoon checked on everyone, no fatalities and only minor injuries had taken place.

"Dad, Ziva."

Jace went up to them, neither seemed hurt.

"You guys okay?"

"We are fine, Jace," responded Ziva.

"And the kids?"

"They're okay too." answered the older Gibbs.

Once everything was set they made their way to the FOB.

. . .

Gibbs, Jace, and Holloway were briefing Blackwell and Sheperd on the operation. The former was satisfied with the results but the latter was disappointed with the lack of evidence pointing to La Grenouille.

"Well then, gentlemen standby for further orders," started off the Director. "Once we pick something up—"

"Director the extension on their tour has ended," interrupted Blackwell. "Chief Gibbs, particularly, is overdue to go home."

"Commander I need—"

"The taskforce's Army and Marine components have been read in and are preparing to deploy," Blackwell said firmly. "My men are going home."

Director Sheperd relented and cut the feed, and Blackwell followed after.

. . .

Julian and Kathleen's Residence

Jace and Kathleen were hosting a post-deployment barbeque, they had invited the NCIS agents along with Reese, Halloway, and Wesson. Gibbs and Kathleen's parents and sister were playing with the triplets, the guys were having a few brews with McGee and DiNozzo, and Ziva and Kathleen were gushing over a home video the latter made of the girls.

Jace took in his surroundings, after a deployment, Jace usually had trouble adjusting back to a domestic environment. But this time he found it to be easier, now the goal of every deployment wasn't just to come home to Kathleen but to be a part of the lives of his daughters. His mind went to the Ethos he swore to not too long ago.

I will not fail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 37 25
After work going to drink something with Ellie and Nick, McGee becomes a doom. On the same evening, Gibbs was attacked. A race against the time begin...
1.9K 47 24
Gibbs is breaking but isn't sure why or how. Can he or the team work out why and save him from spiraling out of control or will it be too late to sav...
26.8K 1K 26
Gibbs and DiNozzo are drugged can Gibbs forgive himself for not being stronger. The consequences of this lead Tony to leave NCIS and search out his f...
11.1K 274 13
In a world surrounded by sailors, marines, spies, cops and politicians Special Agent Gibbs had given up hope that he would ever have children of his...