Mundane Life (DamiRae fanfict...

By GruviaFanatic

I have no idea what timeline it is in my story, I bet this will not make sense at all but I love Damian and R... More

Her Dad
The Actual Demon
The Babysitters
The Justice Parents
The Walk of Shame
The Bad Decision
Deal with the Devil
Assignment
6th of May (Part 1)
6th of May (Part 2)
Past is not Past
Bat Boy Talk
Mental Break
Back to Bludhaven
Modern Romeo
Make-out Booth
Red Sweater and Umbrella
Lion's Fight
Breakfast with Bat-Cat Parents
Orphan and Outsider
Dinner at Bludhaven
Dance Recital
Vegas Girls
Drunk Girls
Row Siblings
Gala Night
Gala Two-night
Cullen
Baby Birds
Two Birds
Christmas Snippet
New Year Snippet
In Bludhaven
Keepers
Death and Birth
New Member
First Night
Coffee and Cannolis
Zatanna's Spell
Bestfriends
Greenhouse
Kenthouse
Baby Intervention
Odd Night
God Parents
Night Escapade
Hide and Date
Prank Call
Batdad and Catmom
Another Batman
Stolen Bedroom
Lucky 13
Breakfast with Grandpa Bat
Donna's Last Day
Donna's First Day
Jason's Dilemma
Damian's First Day Dream
Madame Xanadu
Yeah, I do
Her Suffering
Valentine's Gift
Valentines Snippet
Perfect Girl
Big Announcement
Entire Truth
Red Poppies
Forms of Toxin
Not Justice
Not Vengeance
Unwell
Food Kiss
Uncaged
Mock Battle
Special Birthday
Demon's Ink
Raven Bird
Wedding Day
Bitter-Sweet Goodbyes
Aftershock
Gotham Zoo
Red Hood and Robin
Inside
Loose Ends
It Matters Most
Council of Teens
House Warming
Two Kents
Iridescent
Colorless
Black Box
Orchard
Good and Bad Will
Ragtag
Young and Old
Change of Mind
Mindful
Second Date
Bird Flu
Last Date
Absence
Lost Goddess
Missing You
Far from Truth
Spellcaster
Words of Power
Abstract of Lies
Strength in Pain
Behind the Cowl
Curtain Reveal
Abstract of Truth
Scholars and Mentors
Fall of Ten Thousand
Ultimatum
Dawn of Revelations
End of Solitude
Princess with no Crown
Never Not You
Candor
Fighter, Prince, and Assassin
Prudence
In Sleep
Wide Awake
More Members
Without Power
Near Assumptions
Athanasia's Resolve
The Zatara
Zatara Clan
Heavy
Retrospection
Leather and Sunshine
Portal Making
Into Azarath
Damage Control
Family Curse
Black and Silver Dust
Exposition
Resolution
Sister's Burden
Chocolate House
Pain and Shame
Care and Confidence
Domesticated
The Farmer and the Princess
Catch and Fall
A Dad's Gamble
Enchanted
Morphed
Disenchantment
Disambiguous
Star Carnival
Star Fair
Nightshade
The Mole
Campervan
Potions
Leaving Gotham
Delute
Dawn of the New Frontier
Assembly
Bluebells
The Arrival
Daughter
Infamous
Fall Out
Catching Guilt
Decisions Made
Bags to Pack
In To It
Cheryl Knows
Her Revelations
All-Seeing

Dependency

1K 41 137
By GruviaFanatic

I hope you guys like this edit that I made! I made a realistic representation of Damian and Raven. I will be posting more realistic representations of the other characters with how I imagine them to look if this is received well! 

---

As soon as Donna and Raven left John and Jason Blood set up charms around the neighborhood. "What are your plans for today, love?" John asks Zatanna. "Work, I left Zach to perform for 10 consecutive nights and he's complaining," Zatanna replied. "What about you?" Zatanna asks John and Jason Blood. "We're going to see Xanadu," John answered and Zatanna gave him a look of uncertainty.

"No offense but you're going to take Jason with you to see Xanadu?" Zatanna asks. "None taken, I was rude to Madame Xanadu," Jason Blood answered. "Eh, it's Xanadu, what's the worse that she can do?" John asks carelessly and Zatanna stares at her idiot of a husband. "What's the worse that she can do... to my dear friend, Jason," John said and smiles shamelessly while he plans on using Etrigan as a shield if things go sideways between Jason and Xanadu.

"Also as soon as Xanadu hears that we came to see her because of her self-proclaimed goddaughter she will listen to us," John said confidently. "Self-proclaimed goddaughter?" Jason Blood asks. "Aye, Xanadu claimed Raven as her goddaughter," John replied in a disagreeing tone. "The audacity of that hag is beyond me," John added, and Jason fixes his suit.

"...does Raven have a godfather?" Jason asks and John quickly caught the meaning behind Jason's question. "No," John replied.

"Then I--" Jason started and John interrupts him. "No, we are not taking applicants," John answered with a scowl. "My pumpkin already has a godfather, Doctor Fate," John said proudly but Jason is not giving up. "One can have two or more godfathers, also Raven deserves a godfather that can watch and support her here on Earth," Jason Blood replied.

"What the hell can you do for my daughter?" John asks him. "I have a collection of demonology books from the 15th Century, I heard your daughter likes reading those kinds of books," Jason answered. "I have those too," John said. "Then I can invite her to my classes in Harvard," Jason offered since he also teaches Occult Antiquities at Harvard University.

"Not good enough," John replied. "What else can you do?" John asks Jason and Jason held his chin to think. "I guess I don't have anything to offer that you don't already have," Jason Blood said and gave up. "That's right, I've got everything that my baby needs, if only I can understand what she sees in the Batbrat then I could kick that brat away," John said energetically.

"Batbrat?" Jason asks and Zatanna shakes her head. "Here we go again, I'm going to take a shower," Zatanna said and left. "Damian freaking Wayne," John replied and Jason Blood frowned. Jason Blood remembers that John often complains about the boy who is dating Raven. "Hmm, he does sound like a problem," Jason answered and John stares at him with shock.

"He is! He is a menace," John replied in agreement. If that boy managed to infuriate John so much then the dark magician must be telling the truth, also Jason is not fond of the Waynes, he finds them arrogant. "I'm not sure I trust that boy with your daughter. You must watch the boy carefully," Jason said and John grinned.

"I was mistaken, you're right. Raven can never have too many godfathers," John said to Jason and offered his hand to his friend. "What do you say?" John asks and Jason shakes his hand. "It is an honor to be your daughter's godfather," Jason Blood answered.

"Raven should have at least 50 godparents that will protect her," John said with a laugh. Fifty? Isn't that too much? Jason Blood thought to himself, but then he recalled how Raven happily eats the cheesecake he brought for her and the way that she insists on calling him with his knight title.

"I beg to disagree, she must have a hundred godparents. An army that protects her like a precious and cherished royalty," Jason Blood suggested and John shakes his head. "What do you mean like? Raven is a precious and cherished princess in this household," John said and Jason nods his head.

"Of course, my mistake," Jason replied. Zatanna who has been listening to her husband and Jason Blood through the open door sighed in frustration. "I'm surrounded by crazy people," Zatanna said to herself and felt bad for her daughter. Zatanna shut the door because she'd had enough of listening to insane people who are too concerned about Raven's safety. 

Thankfully, Raven won't have to deal with her husband or Jason Blood because Zachary has agreed to assist Raven while she adjusts to life without magic. Zatanna appreciates Zachary's assistance to Raven throughout his ten-day work break.

Zachary seems to be looking forward to spending time with Raven, and Zatanna is relieved that Zachary does not appear to be too upset by his recent breakup with his girlfriend. When they were small, Zachary and Raven were really cute. Because Zachary and Raven are close in age, they spend a lot of time together and Zachary acts as Raven's older brother.

Raven will be with Zach, so she won't have to deal with two elderly weirdos that are too strict with her. Zachary adores Raven, and he isn't as insane as her husband.

Raven takes her English book from her locker and neatly placed her other books and things back inside. Damian is waiting on her and took the picture of them that is taped on her inner locker door. "We should take a new picture," Damian said to her and studies the old picture of them. Damian sees his sketch of her is taped on her locker and beside it is Raven's sketch of him.

Damian took the small paper and smiled. "Don't laugh," Raven said to him and tried snatching back the drawing of him but he raised his hand above Raven. "I'm not laughing at your work," Damian said and looks up to admire his girlfriend's drawing.

It's a drawing of him with sticks for limbs and body, a circular head with two small sticks for eyes, and a curved line for a mouth.

"Thank you for giving me a... one, two, three, four, five, six. Six strands of hair," Damian said and Raven hits his chest. "Give it back," Raven said to him and Damian shakes his head. "I'm keeping this," Damian said and Raven tries to reach for the sketch again. "Don't you dare," Raven warns him but Damian slipped the drawing in his breast pocket.

"It's mine," Damian said with a grin. "Tone it down with the flirting," Donna commented whose locker is right beside Raven's. "People might get the idea that you guys are dating," Donna said and lowered her voice. "What's the point of hiding it if you're gonna flirt in front of everyone anyway?" Donna asks.

"We've explained this before," Raven replied. "If we confirm the rumors then it's going to be annoying," Damian answered. "So your plan is to keep denying it until they get tired of asking?" Donna asks Damian and Raven, and both nod their head. "That's what we've been doing and it's working so far," Raven replied.

"You're not bothered about the people who confess their love for your boyfriend?" Donna asks and Raven closed her locker. "I'm used to it," Raven answered casually. "I don't think I would be able to stand people confessing to my Jonnie-poo," Donna said and held on to Jon's arm. "Hey, is that Maya?" Jon said and pointed at Maya Ducard who is standing outside the teacher's office in civilian clothes.

"Maya," Raven called for the girl, Maya faces them and the end of her lips perked. Maya is holding books that are the same as the ones they are currently using. "You're here," Raven said to her. "What brought you here?" Donna asks Maya. "Are you going to study here too?" Jon asks her.

"Hey everyone," Maya said and then looks at Donna. "I'm going to study the same things you guys study but I'm not going to come to school, I got a special curriculum," Maya explained. "I enrolled in the modular type of learning, it is kinda like homeschooling except I did not get an instructor," Maya explained and showed the books that she's holding.

"You can do that?" Donna asks.

"Of course you can, it is given to students who transferred during the middle of the school year but you must complete the schoolwork by yourself," Damian answered since Cassandra's homeschooling is the same as modular learning except Cassandra has a private teacher. "That's too bad, we could have been classmates," Jon said to Maya.

"Sorry, I never enjoyed studying in school, I like learning by myself," Maya replied, it's a habit she brought ever since she was younger, the only time she asks for help in her lessons is when she gets stuck in a concept that she cant understand. "And I'm planning on helping Athy with the business," Maya said to them.

"I forgot to ask, what business is Athanasia planning to open?" Raven asks and Damian looks clueless too, he forgot to ask his father about it. "And why are you calling her Athy? You should be calling her mom," Donna said to her. "I don't think Athy will like that," Maya answered.

"And to answer your question, she's planning to open a chocolate shop," Maya replied to Raven. "What?" the four asked Maya in unison, they look equally shock and confused. "A chocolate..." Raven trailed off.

"Shop?" Donna continued Raven's question and its Maya's turn to look surprised. "You guys never had Athanasia's handmade chocolates?" Maya asks them, specifically Damian. "No," Damian replied and Maya's jaw fell. "Then you are missing out on half of your life," Maya said confidently.

"Did you know that Athanasia knows how to make chocolates?" Raven asks Damian. "No, I had no idea," Damian answered. "Athanasia is a chocolate artisan. She studied how to make couverture at a young age and then she formally studied making chocolate in Belgium and Paris," Maya explained.

"When did she have the time to do all that?" Damian asks Maya. "Your mother always sends Athanasia away on a mission, she finishes a year's worth of mission in a span of one month and she does whatever she wants on the remaining months," Maya answered. "Does my mother know about that?" Damian asks.

"Of course she does, Athanasia reports back to Nanda Parbat but your mother prefers to keep Athanasia away," Maya replied. "Anyway, I need to go. I told Athanasia I'll come back quickly," Maya said goodbye to them. "Do you know how to make chocolates?" Jon asks Damian.

"I don't even like sweets," Damian replied and sees Raven's hopeful expression. "I will ask father about the date of Athanasia's grand opening," Damian said to Raven and Raven smiles. The four teenagers headed to their next class. 

Athanasia is staring at the girl sitting across her through her black sunglasses. She's wearing sunglasses indoors, not for the sake of fashion, or the sunlight coming from the patio, it's all because of Cassandra Cain. Athanasia can't physically look at her supposed sister if that so-called sister is beaming brightly like a fluorescent bulb.

The intense sunlight from the glass windows reflects on Cassandra's porcelain-like skin and makes her blindly bright. How annoying, Athanasia thought to herself. Athanasia poured red wine into her wine glass and sees Cassandra's untouched wine, the girl is merely touching the feet of the glass.

Is she even at the right age to drink? Athanasia swats the thoughts away, it would be rude to drink alone. Athanasia rotated the wine inside her glass before she drinks it. Honesty, what was she thinking bringing Cassandra with her?

Athanasia puts down her glass and raised her hand. What's your problem? Athanasia asks Cassandra through sign language. "I got a letter," Cassandra said slowly and did the sign language for the words she spoke, Athanasia drinks her wine as she waits for Cassandra to explain further. "Letter from Hongkong, I sent one and they send back a reply," Cassandra said and Athanasia noticed that Cassandra is having troubles articulating her words.

"I said yes in going there and they want me to go there," Cassandra explained and she looks scared. "Then don't go," Athanasia replied but Cassandra shakes her head. "I said yes," Cassandra answered. "Give it to me," Athanasia said to Cassandra and held out her hand. Cassandra puts the envelope in Athanasia's hand tenderly.

Athanasia looks to the side and made sure that the tealight is still lit. Athanasia opened the envelope and scanned the contents of the letter before she plans on burning it.

Dear Miss Cassandra Cain Wayne,

On behalf of the Hong Kong World Culture Center, we want to express our deepest gratitude for your pleasant reply. We are truly looking forward to... We are aware that... With your skills and talent in dancing... We are all elated about your arrival...

Athanasia paused and read the contents better. Athanasia puts down the letter on the table and takes off her sunglasses. Questions swam in Athanasia's head and she can't seem to choose which one to ask first, Athanasia collected her thoughts better. "Who made you write the reply?" Athanasia asks sternly.

Is it their father?

Me, Cassandra said and pointed at herself. "Do you want to go to Hong Kong to..." Athanasia read the letter. "Dance?" Athanasia asks her and Cassandra nods her head despite looking like a sad and pitiful puppy.

Then what the hell is her problem?! She looks as if someone died, it should be Athy who is sad, not her. Athy took Cassandra's glass of wine and drinks it, Cassandra is watching her closely. "I'm scared to go," Cassandra said and Athanasia looks at her. "Big brother said I always have family but it's not family I'm scared about," Cassandra explained and stared hard at her lap.

"I'm scared of someone else," Cassandra continued. "Where does that person live?" Athanasia asks and glanced at the bedroom. Her sniper rifle is in a large case hidden under the bed. "Metropolis," Cassandra said and she looks curious as to why Athanasia asked that question.

The Kryptonians' city? Is Cassandra perhaps scared of a Kryptonian? It would be troublesome but she can have a kryptonite sniper bullet made by reinforcing the one she already has. "A Kryptonian? Which one?" Athanasia asks her and Cassandra's face immediately turned red.

"Co...Conner," Cassandra said shyly but in Athanasia's eyes, she thought that Cassandra is displaying fear. Athanasia got another wine glass and poured sparkling wine in the glass and gave it to Cassandra. "It's non-alcoholic," Athanasia said and Cassandra took the glass, she smiled at Athanasia and sipped the wine.

The front door opened and Maya walks in carrying a handful of books. "I'm back," Maya said and was surprised to see Cassandra in their hotel room. "You are drinking this early? Lady Nyssa will be proud," Maya said to Athanasia sarcastically and made mention of their local drunkard, Nyssa Al Ghul.

"It's not early, it's nighttime in Nanda Parbat and Aunt Nyssa can drink more than this," Athanasia answered Maya. "Right, you don't understand sarcasm, also we're in Gotham, and it's morning here," Maya said and dumped the books on the couch. "Hello, Maya," Cassandra said to Maya.

"Hi... uh... do I call you my aunt?" Maya asks Cassandra. "Okay," Cassandra answered. "Why are you guys drinking?" Maya asks them. "It's none of your concern, Maya," Athanasia answered coldly but Maya is used to Athanasia's attitude. "Just making a conversation, mom," Maya said and Athanasia flinched at the title of mom.

"You should work on your people skills, mom," Maya continued and enjoyed Athanasia's discomfort to the endearment. "You know, mom, it's considered irresponsible to drink in front of your underaged daughter," Maya added and Athanasia shot daggers through her eyes. "But since I'm not an irrational daughter, I would understand it if my mom explains why she's drinking in the middle of the day," Maya said and smiled widely.

"Tch," Athanasia clicked her tongue and kicked one of the chairs back. "Sit and get yourself a glass," Athanasia commanded and Maya playfully saluted. Maya got a wine glass and sat with Cassandra and Athanasia. Maya reached for the wine but Athanasia swiftly slapped her hand. "You're not drinking that," Athanasia said and poured the nonalcoholic drink into Maya's glass.

"Cassandra has a problem," Athanasia said and finished pouring Maya's glass. "Just like what Lady Nyssa said: A problem is best discussed with food and wine," Maya said and got the room service menu. "Aunt Cassandra, what do you want?" Maya asks and showed the menu to Cassandra.

"This one," Cassandra pointed at the name of the dishes, and Maya looks concerned by the food that Cassandra wants. "Grilled chicken peach salad?" Maya asks and Athanasia looks at them. "I love peaches," Cassandra answered with a wide smile, Athanasia shut her eyes before Cassandra blinds her. 

Victoria Linches, sister for Valerie Linches, the Linches family is part of Gothan's prominent socialites. They are always invited to all of the Wayne Galas because of their great influence in the city, they are an old family from Rome with hectares of vineyard. The Linch is also the wine drank during the Wayne gala to show off the good relation between the Waynes and Linches.

The Linches sisters have always been eyeing the Wayne boys since they are in equal social standing which is why Raven calls the Linches leeches in her head. Victoria or Tori as she forces everyone to call her is not their classmate, she belongs in a special section in their batch for students who often participate in extracurricular activities.

She's in the same section with Kyle Mizoguchi, Map's older brother, who is their school star tennis player. It's no secret that Valerie Linches is chasing after Tim Drake, but Victoria and Valerie are different. Victoria Linches is annoyingly smart and she likes to rub it in front of everyone's faces, she joins any academic-related competition, and she's also their class student president.

"Hey," Victoria said and snapped her fingers at Raven. "Are you listening?" Victoria asks Raven with a snaky attitude. "Yes," Raven replied. "Hm, you have a bored look on your face so I thought you weren't listening, but I guess that's how you normally look," Victoria said and Raven continued to give her a dull look.

"Anyway, so I hope everyone here gets it," Victoria said to them and Raven glances at Damian who has a frown on his face as he focuses on reading the paper that Victoria handed them. "I don't," Damian said sharply and everyone in the theater room looks at Damian, Victoria's attitude completely changed when she faced Damian.

Victoria smiled sweetly at Damian and she even walks towards him. "Mrs. Jones, our English teacher asked me to direct a play for our school midyear celebration," Victoria said in a voice that sounded squeaky to Raven's ears. "What in Tartarus am I looking at?" Donna leaned to Raven and whispered as they both look at Victoria shamelessly trying to flirt with Damian.

"And since you guys have been missing out on school lately, Mrs. Jones decided that you guys can gain back your grades if you perform in our play," Victoria said cheerfully, both Donna and Raven grimaced in disgust. "Now it's our play? Earlier, she said it's her play," Donna whispered to Raven in irritation. "What a bitch," Donna muttered and Raven puts a finger to her lips.

"Someone might hear you," Raven said and looks behind her since there is a lot of students who volunteered to be part of the play. "If she tries to flirt with my Jonnie-poo I am throwing her to outer space," Donna whispered to Raven. "Since you guys are here, we had to change the roles," Victoria said and the student near her which is more like her assistant gave her another sheet of paper.

"You already know that the theme of the play is children's fairytale, it's written on the paper I handed out," Victoria said and Raven reads the paper. The play's title is the Tale of True Love, the title itself sounds shallow to Raven. "The story is all about the two beautiful princesses from a kingdom suffering because of the ugly evil witch's dark magic. The King decided to ask the help of a prince from the neighboring country who is said to have the power to nullify any type of magic," Victoria explained.

"The King of the neighboring country agreed to let the prince help in exchange a marriage shall happen between the first princess and the prince," Victoria said. "The prince arrived in the kingdom with his trusted knight and met the first princess but the beautiful second princess fell in love with the prince instantly. The night before the wedding between the first princess and the prince, the first princess was very nervous so the second princess went to her room. While the two princesses slept side by side, the evil witch came at night and cursed the first princess," Victoria explained.

"So that's the first part of the play, the story will proceed with the prince, the prince's knight, the first and second princess' journey to vanquish the evil witch and break the deadly curse cast upon the first princess. During their journey, the aloof prince will fall for the sweet second princess while the first princess finds herself in love with the knight. The prince will defeat the evil witch, the princesses are saved, the prince will marry the second princess, the first princess will marry the knight, and happily ever after, the end," Victoria said and clapped her hand which was forcibly followed by everyone else clapping for her.

"I will now say the important roles of this play. I just want to say, the casting of the roles was carefully chosen," Victoria said. "The first king will be played by Kyle Mizoguchi, the second king will be played by Johan Cole, the prince is... of course, Damian Wayne," Victoria said and Raven instantly looks at Damian.

Of course, Damian will be taking the role of the male lead. Everyone seems to agree that there is no one who can fit the role of the reserved prince but Damian, it's as if it was made for him, and maybe it was. "And if Damian Wayne is the prince, it is only natural that the prince's trusted friend slash knight is no other than Jon Kent," Victoria said and Jon excitedly smiles at Damian. "Also, I am not heartless so I am not planning on breaking up our school's very own power couple, Donna," Victoria said and faces Donna with a big smile.

"Yes?" Donna asks. "You will be playing as the first princess since the first princess ends up with our knight, Sir Jonathan Kent," Victoria said and there was cheering from the crowd. Donna looks pleased with her role too, Donna is excited about the play. "I take it back, she's not so bad," Donna said to Raven. "Hey, if Damian is the prince, my Jonnie-poo is the knight, I'm the first princess... then..." Donna said and grins at Raven.

"Then?" Raven asks.

"There's only one role remaining to complete our group," Donna said happily. "You got this Raven, or should I say second princess?" Donna teases Raven. "And lastly, the female lead, the second princess role goes to..." Victoria said and made the announcement intense but everyone seems to be looking at Raven already.

"Here we go," Donna said excitedly.

"Me," Victoria said and Donna's jaw dropped. "What?!" Donna yelled and Damian frowns too. Raven clenched her teeth, it is not like she's anticipating the role but she never thought she will be separated from her friends. "What is it, Donna?" Victoria asks innocently as she explains that the other students who are not called will play the side characters. Donna faked a smile at her. "Are you sure about that role? You know there's still a vacant role... the role of the evil witch," Donna said to Victoria knowingly.

Victoria pretends to still act innocent but everyone can see through her act. "Hm? But someone is going to be playing that role already. Did I forget to mention it?" Victoria asks Donna. "Yes, you probably meant that you're playing the witch," Donna said and kept smiling at Victoria fakely.

In the first place, Victoria is not even supposed to be part of the play she's directing. "No, it's clearly written here that the role of the evil witch belongs to no one else but..." Victoria said and looks at Raven with a menacing smile.

"Rachel Roth Constantine," Victoria said and Raven closed her hand into a fist while she kept her expression steady.

"Excuse me?!" Donna asks Victoria while Damian and Raven look at each other. "What's the problem?" Victoria asks and still pretended not to know anything.

"This role is perfect for her, she has the fewest lines and screen time. She doesn't like after-school activities so that means she doesn't need to come to practice all the time," Victoria said and acted concern for Raven. Raven remembers that she refused to be part of the cheerleading squad because she wants to hang out with her friends and come home early after school.

"And come one, it's not like Rachel wants the lead role, right? It's not like they are dating or something," Victoria said and the way she is looking at Raven clearly shows that she is challenging her, Raven can feel her nails dig into her palm.

It's a trap, if she says yes then their secret is out and it will make her look terrible for stealing someone else's role. Damian is staring hard at Raven, he is waiting for her to decide on their next move and he will follow and support her in any choice that she makes. If they confirm their relationship to everyone else then it's Raven who is sure to suffer from the gossips.

Raven closed her eyes and cleared her thoughts, it's just a play, it's just a stupid play, there's nothing to be worked up about. "You're right, I don't like after-school practices," Raven agrees with Victoria. "Rae-Rae," Donna said and looks at Raven anxiously. "Donna, it's okay," Raven reassures Donna.

"It's fine," Raven said and directed her words to Damian. Honestly, Raven can't see herself taking the spotlight, she can never pull off the princess role. Donna slumped on the chair beside Raven while grumbling and Victoria is smiling like she just won. 

"Should I ask?" Roy asks with a wild expression. "Do you want to know the answer?" Jason returned the question to Roy. Roy breathed in deeply and scans Jason's flat. "I'm just going to pretend that some psycho villain got in and trashed your place," Roy said and Jason nods his head. "Okay, let's go with that," Jason replied as the two grown men stand in the middle of the living room taking in everything.

"I don't know where to start," Roy said to Jason honestly. Roy brought his entire toolbox with him but as he looks at the flat, some things might be beyond repair. "This is not how I imagined my day off is going to be," Roy said and puts down his toolbox. "What? I told you this is going to be like old times," Jason said to Roy enthusiastically.

"When you said old times I was expecting beer, burgers, and tinkering," Roy replied. When Roy and Jason used to live together, they would spend their whole day in the garage/safe house drinking beer, eating burgers, and repairing and improving anything they can get their hands on.

Jason would be cleaning his guns or fixing his bike while Roy would be busy making crazy arrows. "I've got cold beer in the fridge and Kara is coming over after her class to bring burgers," Jason said to Roy. Roy looks around the flat and then stared at the huge crack in the wall. "You got slammed?" Roy asks and Jason smirked. "She did," Jason said proudly.

"We need to plaster and repaint that," Roy stated. "I can't help with those pillows though," Roy pointed at pillows spilling their cotton on the couch. "I already ordered new ones," Jason replied, luckily Jason got the list of stores where Selina bought everything without gaining suspicion from the woman since she's busy helping Athy with decorating too.

"Ah... are those... handprints on the ceiling?" Roy said and caught sight of burnt handprints on the ceiling. Jason forgot about those, Jason smiled at himself as he recalls the specific memory. "HOW?!" Roy yelled. "How did you guys get up there?! And why is it burnt?!" Roy asks in utter disarray.

"Kara can fly," Jason answered simply. "And the burnt?!" Roy asks and Jason grinned. "Well, you see when my girlfriend finds her release, she releases some of her powers too," Jason explained and learned that Kara has a power different from Superman, she can release a solar charge when she's... ah, Roy looks disgusted with Jason.

"We've got a bigger problem," Jason said and they walk down the short hall towards the master bedroom except now the hallway wall has a huge wrecked hole that leads to a room next door, luckily no one lives in it. "Jay, that's a hole in the wall," Roy said and it's not a small hole, it's big enough for a person to walk through.

Roy and Jason passed through the hole and studied it from the other side. "What's wrong with you two?!" Roy asks Jason. "How are you still okay?!" Roy asks. "Damn it, Jay, what will Colin think if he sees this?" Roy added.

"That's why we need to fix this mess," Jason replied and Roy looks behind him, the room next door to Jason is bigger than Jason's current bedroom. "What are you thinking of? I can see the gears in your head working," Jason said to Roy.

"You said Kara is going to live here right?" Roy asks. "Yeah?" Jason asks. "I think you should take this room," Roy suggested and scans the whole room. "You can put a walk-in closet there," Roy said and pointed at the side. "Why would I need a walk-in closet?" Jason asks him.

"Do you have any idea how many clothes women have?" Roy asks.

"Okay, but I still don't get it," Jason replied. "You should take this room and convert it to your new master's bedroom, big enough for you and Kara," Roy answered and Jason looks like he is thinking about it. "What am I going to do with the current master's bedroom?" Jason asks. "Move Colin there," Roy replied casually. "And Colin's room?" Jason asks.

"Guest room?" Roy suggested and Jason frowns. "I don't like having guests over," Jason replied. "Then do whatever you want with the room," Roy replied. "Babe! I'm here," Kara announced and Jason hears the jiggling of her keys. Jason and Roy returned to the original flat, Jason welcomed Kara with a huge embrace. "I brought the burgers," Kara said and lifts the takeout plastic. "Hi, Roy," Kara said and Roy hugs Kara. "Hey, Kara," Roy greets the girl back.

Kara has her usual nerdy look, with her huge eyeglasses burrowing away her face, her hair is tied in one, and she's wearing modest clothes. Looking at Kara and Jason, no one would imagine that they are together. Jason helped Kara out of her coat and got the take-out plastics. "Did you see my text?" Jason asks and opened the plastic.

"Yes," Kara replied. "Bellybuster Burger with extra onions for you, and TNT Spicy burger with extra chipotle mayo for Roy, and chilly cheese fries" Kara relayed and Jason smiles proudly at Kara. "See this is why I love this woman," Jason said to Roy while pointing his thumb at Kara. "Did you get yourself a burger?" Jason asks and Kara excitedly pulled out the big burger inside the plastic. "Triple cheeseburger!" Kara said gleefully and Jason looks as happy as Kara about the burger.

"I love me a woman who can eat," Jason said and kissed Kara's head. Roy is starting to feel like the third wheel. "Babe, Roy suggested that we should take the room," Jason said to her. "What room?" Kara asks curiously.

"The room at the other side of the wall," Jason replied and Kara's face turned red from embarrassment. "Yeah, I heard it was a tough fight between you, Jason, and Lex Luthor's drones," Roy interjects to save the Kryptonian girl from shame. Kara's face lit up and she looks at Jason, Jason nods his head and Kara followed his actions.

"What are we going to do with the room?" Kara asks Roy. "I was thinking that maybe you guys want it as your new master bedroom since it's bigger and you can put the stuff you want to bring there," Roy said with consideration, and Kara smiles at Roy widely. "I think that's a great idea! But... what do you think, Jason?" Kara asks Jason cautiously.

"I think we should take it, I'll call the building owner and tell her," Jason said and stares at Kara with full of affection. "Jason, I also want to ask you if it's okay that I bring Streaky with me?" Kara asks and Roy watches the two.

Jason appears to be head over heels in love with Kara, and Roy has seen how Jason has ended up with the way he looks at women: shattered, drunk, and devastated. Jason should have learned to quit loving like a lost puppy after so many failed relationships, but he never did. Kara doesn't even need to get Jason's permission for anything now; he'll almost certainly agree to whatever she wants to do.

"Of course, babe!" Jason said and Kara's smile brightens.

This time Roy feels different, he feels relaxed. Maybe because this time, Roy is not worried about Jason falling too hard for Kara, Roy is confident that Kara will give the same amount of love Jason can give her. This calls for a beer because his best friend is finally holding onto a good one. "Where's the beer?" Roy asks Jason.

"In the fridge," Jason pointed at the fridge behind him. "I'll get it," Kara volunteers and got the beers from the fridge. "Kara, do you drink?" Roy asks the girl. "Not really," Kara replied and Roy smiled. Of course, she doesn't.

Roy pats Jason's back. "Keep her this time, Jay," Roy said and Jason smiled as he watches Kara flicks the bottle cap with her thumb. "You can bet your flat ass I'll be keeping that sweet sexy blondie," Jason replied. 

---

Batman and Damian's love for animals snippet:

Damian: Father, I have decided to keep Porco.
Bruce: What's a Porco?
*Damian lifts a penguin from Penguin's penguins*
Bruce: We can't keep Porco

Bruce: *Doesn't want a cow*
Damian: *Gets a cow anyway*
Bruce and the cow: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 8.4K 52
Ever wonder what it's like to be a Hero? Or what it's like to be... Someone? You'll get to know the answer as you soar through the roofs of Gotham, w...
34.7K 819 19
Damian and Marinette grew up together but after an unfortunate turn of events, Marinette's parents had passed away on a mission. Talia then betrothe...
18.3K 751 26
- Marinette is on scholarship in Gotham. - She has her own coffee shop and she works there with her friends. - Marinette is a rogue 'vigilante' and...
46.6K 1.5K 23
Love may seem like a really complicated term depending on the person who seeks it. It can be pretty like a scene from a fairytale, but it can be the...