Child Of The Future

De SydiaX

Curse. 5+ years into the middle of the end of the civilized world as we know it, and the dawn of hope comes n... Mais

Plot Summary
This story...
Episode 1: Pilot
Episode 2: One Hour In
Episode 3: Group Of Grief
Episode 4: Gotta Sell The Part
Episode 5: Every Little Thing Can Make A Big Difference
Episode 6: Breaking The Secret
Episode 7: Start Believing
Episode 8: Choice Leads To Trust
Episode 9: It's Different
Episode 10: It's Fvcked Up
Episode 11: Take Away The Lie
Episode 12: Take Away The Lie
Episode 13: This Is Who I Am
Episode 14: One Week Later
Episode 15: Something To Forget
Episode 16: A Little Bit Of My Soul
Episode 17: A Little Bit Of My Heart
Episode 18: Don't You See?
Episode 19: Feelings
Episode 20: Simplicity Of End
Episode 21: Am I Too Late?
Episode 22: Let It Be
Episode 23: Strange Things, Certain Thoughts
Episode 24: This Is Where We Are Now
Episode 25: Completely Bitter Sweet
Episode 26: Think Of Me And Pray For The Future
Episode 27: About Us
Episode 28: If I Could Love You A Little More
Episode 29: Light Doesn't Reach Corners
Episode 30: So Step Into The Lights Reach
Episode 31: Betray Me Not
Episode 32: Deceit Is Never Sweet
Episode 33: Deal
Chapter 34: Calamity
Episode 35: Remember?
Episode 36: Please Don't Forget Me
Episode 37: Triangle
Story So Far/ Characters Summed Up
Episode 38: Lost And Found
Episode 39: One Step Closer, One Step Further
Episode 40: Mum's The Word
Not An Update, Just An Update ;P
Episode 41: I Take The Hits
Just A Thought...
Chapter 42: Monsterous
Episode 43: Sickness In Forms
Episode 44: Fervor
Episode 45: When Will It All Stop?
Episode 46: One Room
Episode 47: Promise
Episode 48: Horizons
Episode 49: Restraints Are Abundant
Episode 51: Happiness
Episode 52: Do You Have Love? Do You Have Sanity?
Episode 53: Flares
Episode 54: Survival Takes The Fittest
Episode 55: No Matter What, I Love You
Previous Events...
Episode 56: Onwards Towards
Episode 57: Collisions
Episode 58: Freedom Is In The Mind
Episode 59: Behold It
Episode 60: This Is The Beginning
Woman Of The Present

Episode 50: Paradise

405 18 69
De SydiaX

I pictured Luke Goss for Reagan...another new character is coming next chapter. XD Tah! Hope you enjoy!

__________________

               A bang, then louder impact of body hitting door crept in a large way through the house, and I squeezed Spes' hand as tight as I could while we hid on our stomachs under the bed, a box of condoms right next to my face from a place I didn't search, and the girl I love on my left with her body inundated with clothes that were meant for the man of this house that won't be coming back to reclaim it any time soon.

               Was this what it was like when she first came to us?

               Jesse telling her to do this and that in case we were bad people? I'm guessing now is worse since I know for sure she might be in danger given the sh1t people have put her through in the past.

               I didn't get to give her a fancy hat like she wore before but, at least there was that ski hat with flaps to cover her ears so we could shove her grey hair underneath it...I can see why she had dirt on her face the first time though.

               Fvck, she looks way too feminine to even pass as a guy...or maybe it's just me because I know her and I've been sleeping with her and kissing her and all that stuff that's making me panic right now.

               Something's weird with this situation though.

               Something's different...

               It's Spes.

               Her hand.

               She's not shaking.

               That's weird, cuz I know she's scared but, she's not trembling like a leaf or, staring at the door with a fearful and crazed to stress look in her eyes.

               She's just frowning and drawing her brows together while her feline silver rings focus and concentrate on the matter at hand as her other grip is ready to draw her sword.

               Like she's ready to pounce or something. Just her luck she'd hit her head and knock herself out even though she's not that clumsy. Right now, she's more, animalistic and on guard.

               When did she become this...able?

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               Along with squeezing the crap out of Carl's hand so I don't completely break down and have a panic attack, I focus for just a second when I hear a loud breakage of the front door that almost pops before a small scatter of footsteps rummage throughout the halls and search for whatever it is they're searching for.

               My guess is that they've already found most of the group and are probably checking this house for extra members.

               Oh gosh, I feel like I'm about to be executed, and this fvcking outfit that I had to ditch my clothes for stinks and I hate this whole situation, of course I do, but I just wanted to have at least this day peaceful considering everything that's been going on.

               "I don't hear anything." I mouth with only a hint of sound to Carl when he looks at me, then at the front door to this bedroom.

               Are those condoms?

               "Stay still." He replies.

               Those are definitely condoms. Life out here is a fvcking b1tch injected with irony.

               "Nothing up here! I'm checking third!" A deep voice, that could only belong to a dark skinned heavy set man, makes the stairs creek as he ascends to our level; my eyes widening when I spot the massive fvcking size of his shoes and become unbearably uncomfortable when this stranger approaches the bed, his thick legs under his blue jeans make me fear for my back in case he breaks this mattress set.

               I didn't know I could squeeze Carl's hand any harder, but I am, and it's obvious he noticed when he tugged my fingers a little so I'd look at him when he gives me a quick and silent kiss on my lips after licking his.

               I must look ridiculous.

               I mean my bangs are pulled back so my entire face is exposed, my hair tucked under this terrible patterned hat, I mean who owns a fvcking hat like this, and it has these sh1tty ear flaps on too. I'd be sporting those little bobs on strings right now if I hadn't ripped them off before.

               "I know you're in this room."

               Yeah, yeah, we-what?

               "I know you're under the bed too."

               What the fvck?

               I must be hearing things.

               "Might as well come on out."

               Please let me be hearing things, I'm about to have a heart attack. My hand is also itching to slowly drag out my saber I'm so freaked.

               "Carl." The man speaks, calling out to him when we both see the blood drain from each other's faces and what the actual fvck is going on?! "You're father, Rick...he's outside. He's ok, and the herds going by. I'm not your enemy. We're not."

               He knows about Rick. He knows about Carl. What the heIl do we do? This is a trick, one of those fvcking scenarios where they say they know our friends but they've only tortured them to get information and if we-What the heIl is Carl doing!?

               One minute he's under the bed, the next he's sliding out, giving me a glare to keep quiet?!

               What the!? He's-Gah! He's fvcking-He's protecting me again?! Gosh you idiot! Oh my gosh, I'm going to hyperventilate! Sh1t! Is he crazy?! I'm really scared now!

               "Hey there son." The dark skinned man greets my...stupid, stupid, stupid boyfriend! "I know what this looks like, but I promise your father is just outside on the other end of the street."

               "How do I know I can believe you?"

               You don't! That's the problem! What in the heIl were you thinking!?

               "I won't ask you to give up you're weapon, and I won't ask you to do anything you don't want as long as it's safe." I feel sick. "My name's Percy. I'm friends with one of your group. Jesse. That's how your father trusted me with your name."

               "My dad doesn't trust. Not you. Jesse yes, but not you."

               "Do you trust me? With Spes?"

               Is this where I die? I can't even stop sweating I'm so freaked out.

               "You two might as well face it." The deep voice chuckles. "You've been made."

____________________

-One Hour Later-

               No longer needing the hat, but forced to keep on the rest of my new look by Carl, we were all walked out of the neighborhood after the herd passed, every one of us fierce and silent, my knowledge of how much like them I was to the point I was just as silent as they were now when it came to new people sort of scared me, but in the end, I didn't mind it, given I knew what could go wrong.

               It's already started to sprinkle again, and the wind is blowing my hair all over the place, but these baggy as$ jeans and humungous sweater with this heavy jacket are keeping me pretty cozed up for now.

               I look fvcking ridiculous.

               Since we've been walking though, Jesse's been talking to that Percy guy with a lip ring in his full lower bunch of skin as he sports a single line of black beard down towards his chin while I stare at the other members of this odd group beside us.

               All of them look pretty plain and there's not one girl.

               I don't get it though.

               After being escorted out of the house to find this guy, Percy, was telling the truth, saying it wasn't necessary to hide my gender since he already knew I was a girl, we just started heading in this direction and haven't stopped since.

               Why are we going?

               For supplies? Because Rick trusts Jesse and Jesse trusts Percy and Percy trusts this man they keep calling Reagan?

               Reagan Larson, at least I'm pretty sure that's what his name was, who leads all these men escorting us now, to wherever it is they reside.

               Why do I feel like this is going to delay us even more?

               Why do I feel like Rick and the others  are ok with that, given we need supplies, a way to hold off being caught by my father, and time to sort our next moves concerning the journey we still need to take?

               Because.

               That's why.

-Third Person P.O.V.-

               As the group followed their leader Rick, his intentions being just that which Spes assumed, and more, or rather less, none of them willing to give way this time, decided once and for all to get a pit stop for supply needs, where Jesse was also the influence that helped the process along of them heading towards the location Percy continued to inform the others about.

               It wasn't long before the group of almost 20 people were introduced to a long stretch of road, like an infinite driveway with large fields on either side of the dirt path fenced off containing tall waves of light colored bladed grass swaying here and there under the influential wind.

               There had been conversations with Daryl, Rick, and Carol, about why they were obliging Jesse to visit his friends place of peace, and it was soon brought to light that with them being low on ammunition, and all of them unsure whether they had a choice at all to leave or not, it was best to at least pretend they were trusting than start a violent interaction which would more than likely kill the entire group trying to get to D.C.

               So in the end, Rick didn't want this at all, but since he was in a position where it would be best to follow than to leave, he and the others decided to take advantage of what these people were possibly offering.

               None the less, every step these people took, made it easier and easier to feast their eyes on a sight they never expected waiting for them at the end of this road.

               One look, and Spes was already smiling with her silver spheres as her mouth slowly dropped open to see a vast sum of acres occupied by a large structure reaching for several yards both to the left and right; the light sand painted walls welcoming which were embedded with several front doors complimenting bold white outlines near the windows; a stone driveway that housed a little well, rusted but beautifully kept as some withered but tall plants were set up against the wealthy establishment.

               The roof was a dark clay color in many shingles, while the entrances were made of classic wood engraved and designed with old fashioned handles over basic steps leading inside.

               Everyone, though fairly stand offish, especially Daryl, Rick and Sasha, couldn't help but widen their gaze at the view before them, at such a well kept piece of land and building which seemed totally untouched by everything that had happened since the beginning, almost as if it were another gem in the rough, like Herhsel's farm.

               "Like it my brethren?" Percy spread his arms out, walking backwards as the men he came along with laughed and began to head towards their home. "It's a-"

               "Hacienda." Spes interrupted, walking forward to get a look at part of her heritage and culture concerning her mother's side.

               "A what?" Abraham looked to Rosita.

               "Just think of it as an old fashioned Mexican Mansion babe." The petite girlfriend tilts her head, smiling up at her foolish red-haired lover before taking a step forward to join Spes at looking over the rich place that only the wealthiest of Latino's or Hispanics could afford.

               The structure was 2 stories high in some areas, and 3 stories high in the other, while the essence of the place remained gentle yet undeniably spicy concerning its background and salutatory affect. Both Spes and Rosita looked more than fit here, more than at home, and definitely comfortable even though they'd never been to this kind of residence before.

               "Wait till you see the rest little ladies. Reagan should be out back. Let's go." Percy licked his lip ring before tossing off his dirty jacket, exposing his muscular and lightly sweaty arms engraved with tattoos that looked almost tribal before the other men went to go clean up.

               It was a dream come true, walking through the open rooms with the windows ajar and the clean floors lightly shimmering when Percy went past a round rough stone table, grabbing a fruit on the way prior to leading the others through a courtyard, through yet another part of the house, till finally the scent of cooking meat reached everyone's noses, forcing their attention in several directions to find the source.

               "Ah, Mama B's cookin'. You all are in luck. We're having a birthday tonight. Reagan's kid." The escort cheesed as if it wasn't the middle of an apocalypse before they reached the back yard. There, they were presented with 2 large sections of fields.

               Crops of a generally healthy and generous abundance, while to the far off right, Percy explained about a saw mill where they try to cut wood and build objects that is attached to a work house.

               "And beyond the crops," The black man nods. "There's a stretch of woods leading to a lake. We got some basic little row boats in case you're interested. Take a little ride. Catch some fish."

               "Seems nice." Sasha continues her frown when Jesse walks up beside his old friend.

               "It is it at that. It's called, 'Paraíso'. Means-"

               "Paradise." Rosita and Spes speak at the same time, scoffing at each other for doing so while Rick and the others look to themselves for proof that this insanity is actually real.

               "How many people are here?" Rick shifts his leg.

               "Oh about 30 or less. Basically this is Regan's home, or his dad's home before he died." Percy crosses his arms and sighs. "I know you're probably thinkin' we're crazy, all these questions, wondering what we're doing, welcoming you to our home, but let's get it straight."

               Rick stands to attention.

               "This isn't a long term thing. This is just us helpin' you. Me doin' my main a solid, I didn't think I was every gonna see this punk again." He pats Jesse's back hard before staring at everyone. "You got two kids, a baby. We're what you should call, amigos. Friends. You start any sh1t though and you'll be out sooner than intended."

               "They're cool man." Jesse grins.

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "That's all this is?" Rick finally replies while I feel the wind pick up again. "You bein' friendly and-"

               "This guy saved my as$ with tons of sh1t." Percy interrupts before I slowly look around waiting for something to go wrong, but so far I'm just tickled to death that I'm standing in a place that's not as sh1tty as the other pit stops we've made. Now if I could only get out of these clothes.

               "It's a plantation?" Maggie scans her large doe eyes over the area, all of us staring at the crops...is that corn, gotta be corn, before I spot a few men working the 2 medium sized fields, and all of them armed and set in casual, somewhat dirty attire when one in particular raises his eyes to us.

               "Retired plantation. Pretty much. Everyone here, mostly family, some friends, we're keepin' her going. Bit unorthodox but hey, you guys don't give a sh1t."

               Ha. No.

               "Here comes Reagan." I turn my head. "You all be chill. I'd take advantage of what we're offering you." If it's anything like what the others offered then screw you guys. "Later Jesse." Percy gives us...a peace sign? And there he goes, switching his spot for the man coming up to us, his height almost like Jesse's if not about, making him taller than Rick.

               First thing I can't help but notice is he's bald, and I'm not sure if it's because he shaves his head, or because it has to be that way, but none the less, his odd featured face is now directed towards my leader as his blue eyes squint from his white smile and his tan skinned hand reaches out to shake Carl's dad's hand.

               Oh, well look at that.

               That is freakily civil.

               More my pace, now we're talking.

               "Welcome. I've heard from, a number of my younger brothers that you're in a bit of a tight spot." His voice makes my ears go wide a bit.

               Not deep, but...unique, in the sense it sounds elegant and somewhat rustic, probably because it's a fvcking British accent but still...impressive.

               "A lot of people are these days...Except you." Rick's voice holds something accusatory.

               "Leave that to being immensely blessed, hello sir," This, Reagan, character addresses Gabriel in the background, noting his attire before looking back to the man in front of him. "And ever so persistent with the help of my family and friends. I hear we came upon you rummaging through houses."

               "Took us pretty off guard." Glenn speaks, at long last.

               "I assure you, you have nothing to fear here. You're welcome, for however long we can house you, and we have, more than a little to share. I suppose we're what you'd call a charity. Banking everything on Percy's friendship with...Jesse here." Reagan smiles again, and I don't notice him staring at me until 3 minutes pass. Which is...usually creepy, but given the old standby of my hair and appearance, I could hardly blame him, even though it's still getting under my skin.

               Once this is all over, if I can't find a way to change my hair color with scientific methods, I'll just dye my long locks till I drop dead.

               And that'll be it. Spes, The Child Of The Future who dyed her hair until she was in a wheelchair.

               Brilliant.

               "Grey hair..." I feel my attention sucked away from myself and towards this new host. "Silver eyes." He walks up to me as I look to my group for reassurance they'll stop him in case he tries to gut me or something. "What a stunning creature you are." He muses, as if he's talking about a painting instead of me actually being a human with a heartbeat and everything.

               Ok...thiiiiis is uncomfortable.

               "Yeah." Carl cuts in front of me which takes us both off guard whilst the rest exchange glances.

               "Pardon. I'm sure you have a lot of questions. I know you probably don't even want to think about getting settled before we go over some things. I'm assuring you that's not a problem, but I think you'll like it here either way. So please stay for at least a week. Mother B will show you to your rooms. We have plenty to spare." Reagan looks over the others, and I'm already feeling safe at the thought that Rick and the rest are going to talk to this guy, because compared to us, he's crazy.

               Well, compared to the group. I'm having trouble totally keeping myself cold to his hospitality given people being this nice on a whim is normal for me. It's almost like the old days back home when we'd wave a good morning or good night not giving a second thought to it being abnormal or creepy, wondering and suspecting everyone of an ulterior motive.

               So basically though, they're offering us hospitality, some supplies, whatever it is they have, and say we can leave whenever.

               Out here for a whole month...I've never come across a posse like this.

               I don't know what to make of it.

               Not anymore.

________________

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               "Oh you two, so skinny!" The short woman without an intention to stop speaking in either Spanish or her broken up English waddles by me quickly before gesturing to the bed and a large type of wooden tub to bathe in on the cement floor.

               Okay...

               This place, this little guest house with a part of the wall decorated to let air in through weird patterns looks...creepy in the sense that, it's not all dirty or anything.

               It's clean and looks just like a hotel room.

               These people are definitely hiding something if they can keep a room like this clean for so long.

               "This your room." The lady introduced as "Mama B" points to Spes. "You," She grabs my hand and I'm being led out of the small place. "Come. Come."

               Wait a minute! No!

               "Uh!" I lift my hand before putting it down again while she turns to stare, her friendly tired face goes back and forth between the two of us, and I really shouldn't have said anything. I'm already feeling like I've shoved my foot in my mouth, knocking a few teeth here and there while I'm at it.

               Spes is just snickering at me. Great.

               Damm, how do I say this?

               "What?"

               "Er...Well, ma'am. Spes? Could you-"

               "Novio." Spes tilts her head to me, and I'm guessing that's supposed to fix everything, but the second I turn to see the lady, she's staring between us, looking me up and down before putting her hands together on her slightly pudgy stomach.

               "Tu novio?"

               And that's it for me and this conversation. I guess I'll just, stand here and twiddle my thumbs. I must look like a total idiot, basically because I feel like a total idiot.

               "Si." Spes smiles when the old lady gives off a sort of exclaim and walks over before grabbing me by the cheeks and kissing both sides of my face, then turning me around to spank me.

               What the heck!?

               "You're room. Eh?" She smiles at me while I hide my as$ from her reach and watch as she shuts the door, nodding and leaving us be which allows Spes to let out her own stream of cackling.

               "What the heIl was that?"

               "I guess she's impressed?" Spes rubs her shoulder before thinking a minute to giggle some more while she watches me just stand here awkwardly. No sh1t, that lady just spanked me! I haven't been touched like that since who knows when! "So what do you think about this place?"

               "It's...ha, colorful?"

               "I'll say. I mean you saw that out there? Those crops?" She widens her eyes. "This place, it reminds me of home but, then again-" Her hands gesture about.

               "It reminds you of, all the other places we've been to before?" I join her on the bed, dropping my book bag to the ground while we both lay down, the mattress unbelievably soft but with a creak in it which stops after I settle down close to my lover.

               This, is much more like it.

               "Yes. Those never turned out well. You know most of them sold the same bullsh1t this guy did, but there's something different about here, than the other times. Like, you know?"

               "Yeah. I'm just not sure if that's a good or bad different."

               "I trust your dad. But I'm not sure that we should be here, taking another break when my dad-"

               "I know." I sigh. "We'll out be out of here soon." My deep voice dies to a whisper. "I know what you want. What we want. To go there as soon as possible," If necessary, I'm going to keep my promise and ditch everyone if need be just to cut the bullsh1t and fulfill Spes' wishes alone, "but we don't even know our plan or route. We can't just, hope that we beat him. We have to think it through. Besides. We're not as strong as the others."

               Over half a week of being locked in one room with little food and little water, we're both still off balance, physically, since then, so I'm guessing this is probably a benefit. We'll just have to haul as$ before things go sour, since they always do.

               But, it'd be nice if Spes could find something out here to enjoy, like I once did with Hershel's farm, before it got overrun. Before Shane died. Before mom died. Everything changing after that herd.

               "We'll get there. I promise." I stare straight into her eyes. "I promise."

               "Together." She kisses my wrist before getting up, only to have me pull her back so she straddles me, and I'm immediately turned on with her legs parted and pressing down on my sex when I glance towards the door, seeing it still unlocked but I'm really not in the mood to care.

               I make no sense.

               I'm here and should be worried sick that these people plan to take us for all we've got and rape our women, but instead, I'm just feeling an intensity the longer I stare directly into the silver rings of my lover exchanging back to me.

               Reagan was right.

               She is stunning. She's beautiful. She's-

               "Ah..." I exhale when she shifts on me, blushing at how she made me react when a sharp grab of sexual relief spreads from my erection throughout the rest of me, forcing my figure to shift and I almost reach for myself when I remember Spes is still in front of me.

               "You're cheeks are red." She comments before I run my hands through my hair, shutting my eyes in the process of her roughly dragging back and forth so she can feel me better, but I think she's underestimating how hot I'm getting since she's not totally paying attention to how rough she's being with me.

               Sh1t.

               "The doo-doors unlocked." I inform her as quick as possibly before she moves again.

               "I got the condoms." Her voice gasps out when I feel a jolt of pre-orgasm throb that I quickly bite my lip to keep from moaning out, same time a knock on the door breaks the heat and I'm mentally persuading my cheeks back to their natural color while I watch Spes slowly go towards the door, opening it to expose someone I've never seen before, and I get the feeling I didn't want to.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

88.3K 2.2K 47
My life has never been the same since that one fateful night. Since then I've seen too much blood and too much death. People aren't trustworthy anymo...
1.8K 388 16
It was the end of the world. Zombies were everywhere. Still, Marissa found the time to look for something that most thought of as useless. She was lo...
1.1K 153 20
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." When a virus outbreak causes a zombie apocolypse in North America, L.J. must find...
223 103 16
Bella, she has a hard past, with her religious family, abusive father and so much more. So she runs away and lives on her own. One day she witnesses...