ALICE

By Firdosefk

Alice in wonderland? Knave of hearts? No, not the story you are familiar with. Alice Vincent is not an ordina... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1- GHOST SQUAD
CHAPTER 2- TIME TICKS FORWARD
CHAPTER 3- UNEXPECTED GUEST
CHAPTER 4- A PROMISE IN THE DARK
CHAPTER 5- KNAVE
CHAPTER 6- BIRTHDAY
CHAPTER 7- TRUST
CHAPTER 8- SHADOW
CHAPTER 9- GIFT
CHAPTER 10- BOUND
CHAPTER 11- GOOD WITCH
CHAPTER 12- MENDALINE
CHAPTER 13- MARIA
CHAPTER 14- POWERS
CHAPTER 15- ONE STEP CLOSER
CHAPTER 16- RESPONSIBILITY
CHAPTER 17- CHARITY
CHAPTER 18- FUN
CHAPTER 19- TRAPPED SOULS
CHAPTER 20- LOYALTY
CHAPTER 21- DECEPTION
CHAPTER 22- LOSS
CHAPTER 24- SAVIOUR
CHAPTER 25- GOODBYE
EPILOGUE
WRITER'S NOTE!!!

CHAPTER 23- TRUTH UNFOLDS

45 6 5
By Firdosefk

Cora stood before Alice in a long black coat, that reached all the way to her ankles. Her golden hair was tied in a braid. She wore a long pointy hat, which Alice had often seen in cartoons, and made fun of. Seeing her mother wear the hat now, she realized there was nothing funny about it. Instead, she found it terrifying. 

 Apart from the hideous outfit, the most sickening part that twisted Alice's guts, was her mother's malicious smile.

The sun was fully out now. The rays shining through Alice's window, made Cora's skin glow.

"Finally!" The witch began. "I get to stop pretending." She looked at Alice. "Do you have any idea how exhausting it is, to have to be your mother?" She demanded, crossing her arms.

Alice remained sitting on the floor, staring at her mother in shock, trying to still take in all that was happening.

"Mama, will you spend time with me? Mama, will you comb my hair?" Said Cora, trying to mimic Alice. "Gosh! How I have controlled myself from slapping you!"

"That sounds more like a dead telephone instead of Alice." Knave pointed out, in a flat voice. Only now did Alice realize, he had his arms wrapped around her.

Cora looked at him. "I really should've killed you that day." She said, sounding regretful.

"Too late!" Knave replied.

Cora gave him an evil smile. "Is it really?" Before Knave could answer, Cora said, "Worry not! I am not going to waste my time and energy on such petty things. Besides, in a few hours, Alice will not be able to see you. Actually, she will forget you!" Cora looked around. "All of you!"

This brought Alice back to her senses. She drew away from Knave and slowly stood up, facing her mother. It was as if her whole world had narrowed down to this moment, where only she and the woman she had once thought of as her mother, existed. Time seemed to move really slowly, making each minute painful and unbearable

"What are you talking about, Cora?" Demanded Alice, forcing the witch's name out of her mouth. She was shocked that her voice had come out loud and clear, despite the turmoil inside her.

Cora laughed. "Well look who has finally gotten a tongue!" She teased. "By the way, my name is Coraphina." She began. "Now you see where the Sophie comes in!" She added with a wink.

Alice felt sick. She had never imagined her mother could ever look so evil, the way she was looking now.

Cora put her fingers on her chin thoughtfully. "And to answer your question, I think after all the hell I am about to put you in the next few days, you deserve to know the unimportant details." She took a deep breath. "So, from where exactly do you want me to begin?" Asked the witch, looking at Alice irritatingly.

"The beginning!" Replied Alice.

"But that is way too long!" Complained the witch. She looked at Alice and pouted.

Alice did not take her eyes off her mother. The shock of learning her mother's truth was so intense, that she could not comprehend anything around her. She felt distant and cut off from everything and everyone.

Some part inside of her wanted to run to her mother and shake her, ask her if it were all a joke, and her mother would just change back, and life would go on as usual. But it was not a joke. Everything was real, as much as Maria's betrayal was real.

The two people whom Alice had trusted the most, had betrayed her. They had broken her trust in such a way, that Alice was not sure she would ever be able to trust anyone as much as she had trusted them.

"Okay, fine!" Said the witch, sounding resigned. "I guess you should be familiar with all my magnificent actions!" She said. "So dear, when a witch wants to prolong her life and remain powerful, perhaps even grow more powerful, she has to pay a cost." When Cora looked at her again, she had a glint in her eyes which made Alice's heart beat faster.

"What cost?" Alice managed to ask.

Cora smiled wickedly. "The cost is to devour the souls of your own children!"

Alice felt nauseous. She heard Knave, who was standing behind her, make a sound of disgust. Maria was drifting behind Cora, looking down. She had her eyes closed, as if praying.

Cora continued, "That is right, dear! You did not seriously think that only you got the privilege to be my daughter, did you?" She demanded. "I had a lot of other kids before you, though none as annoying and hard-headed as you!" Cora said.

Alice stumbled back and felt Knave hold her shoulders, steadying her. "I... I had siblings?" She asked, shocked.

"Step siblings, darling." Cora corrected, sounding bored.

"And...., and where are they?" Demanded Alice, though she dreaded the answer she had already guessed.

Cora looked at her as if she was an annoying fly. "Really, Alice? How can you be my daughter, and be so stupid?" She said angrily. She took a deep breath, calming herself. "I just told you I devour souls, so that makes your siblings gone for good. I suppose they do not even transform into ghosts, since there is nothing left of them." She said, without any remorse.

Alice stared at her mother in horror. She had made an image in her mind, that no matter how ignorant, busy, and confusing her mother was, she was the kindest soul Alice had ever known.

Alice looked at Cora now, talking about killing her own children as though she were talking about picking flowers, and wondered just how blind she truly had been. Her stomach felt like it was twisting.

"Do you not even have the slightest regret?" Asked Alice, her voice was barely above a whisper.

Cora looked thoughtful. "At times, when I think about the children I sometimes got attached to." She waved her hand. "But they all do get annoying after some point in life!" She added.

Alice felt a pang of sadness as she realized just how much pain and misery her siblings might have gone through. How had they felt when their own mother had killed them?

"Why did you wait for so long to kill me?" Demanded Alice.

Cora smiled coldly. "You see darling, they are times when accidents happen and a child turns out to inherit a portion of my powers. You are one such accident." She said. "You have gotten my power of seeing ghosts and dealing with them." She smiled brightly. "But there is also a huge advantage here," She began. "When I devour your soul at the age of eighteen, when your powers are fully ripened that is, I will become even more powerful! Which was why I have nurtured you for what felt like an eternity in hell!" She said.

Alice remembered how excited Cora had been on her birthday.

"I had to do so much!" Continued the witch. "Send Maria to you to keep an eye on your actions, pretend I could not see the two donkey brothers..," She broke off, looking annoyed. She turned her head to the side and shouted, "SHUT UP, YOU DONKEYS!"

Cora returned her attention towards Alice, and smiled as if nothing had happened. "Sorry dear, but your friends were bothering me a little too much. No worries though, I have fixed that problem!" Alice looked around worriedly. "Oh, do not worry! They are as fine as they can ever be. I did tell you that I am not wasting my energy on these petty things!" The witch assured.

Alice looked at Knave for reassurance. He looked at her and nodded. Mike and Charlie were safe. Despite the situation, Alice felt a little relieved. At least her friends were safe.

Cora was still talking, "I had to erase your memories and then replace them with new ones, make that sickening lasagne. I even had to write an emotional letter!" The witch paused. She gave an awful wide smile, that made her lips twist in an unnatural manner.

The thumping of Alice's heart grew wilder. She could feel her hair rising behind her neck. "I even had to get rid of your father!" Cora exclaimed. "Now, he was one man I truly loved! He was..," Cora's words were drained out, by the rushing of Alice's nerves. The witch's words were still echoing in her mind.

'I even had to get rid of your father!'

"Where is he?" Alice demanded, cutting her off.

"His eyes...," Cora broke off. "What?" She snapped, looking annoyed at being interrupted.

"Where is my father, Cora?" Shouted Alice.

Cora shrugged. "He is dead." She replied casually.

Alice felt anger rush through her. She ran and grabbed the witch's shoulder, and shook her violently. "How could you be so heartless?" Alice demanded. "DO YOU EVEN REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?" She shouted.

Cora covered her ears with her hands. "I had no idea you could speak so loudly, Alice!" She jerked her daughter's hands away. "I have no reason to regret!" Continued the witch. "Whatever I did was for myself, and there is absolutely no harm in thinking about yourself!"

Alice shook her head. "You are insane!"

Cora smiled wickedly. "That I am!" She scratched her forehead. "Oh, there is one thing you should know. Your father really loved you."

Alice closed her eyes, letting the words tear at her heart. Over the years, she had grown up believing her father had abandoned her. She remembered crying for hours, in the darkness of the night, wondering what she did so wrong that her father had left them. Had she not been a good daughter? Was she not good enough? Could she not make him happy?

Then, Alice had seen her father's letter, and it was as if all her suspicions had come true. She was more broken than she had wanted to admit. She had begun to hate her father, despise him for hurting her mother. She had easily believed that her father did not love her. Is this how much she had trusted her own father, or was this how much she had trusted her mother, who had been betraying her at every moment?

Whatever the case, Alice had now lost the chance to even see her father, let alone apologize for being a terrible daughter.

Alice tried to remember what it was like to hug him. With a sting of horror, and a pang of sadness, she realized she had forgotten what it was like, resting her head on his shoulders. She had also forgotten how he had looked when he had smiled. She had forgotten how his voice had sounded. Alice was not at all surprised when she realized that she even forgot how he looked, or what colour his eyes had been.

In her hatred, she had tried to remove every memory of her father. She had made up her mind that even if her father miraculously showed up one day, she would not see his face. Alice was finally successful. She would never see her father again.

Alice had often heard that some things were beyond fixing. She had not quite felt its meaning, as much as she did right now. Alice supposed that even if by some miracle she does recover from everything that had happened, there would still be some wounds that would remain buried deep in her soul. It would choke her, until one day it would finally kill her. How could she possibly live after knowing how things actually were?

Alice felt Knave hold her hand. She opened her eyes and held on to him, squeezing his hand tightly. He was the only thing in her life right now, that she could hold on to.

"Honey?" Cora called out in a honeyed voice. "Are you feeling sad?" She asked, faking concern. "Do not worry dear, this sadness, shock, and all the other stupid, human feelings you are feeling right now, will not bother you after a few hours. You are going to have a new life filled with happiness!" Cora said. "Though let me warn you, it is only for a short span!" She paused. "But then, happiness does last for a short time." She mused.

Knave, who had been standing with his hand clenched, said in a pained voice, "What did you do to her Cora?" He demanded. His eyes were full of rage.

Cora looked at him and smiled. "You see, the black bracelet I gave her was not an ordinary bracelet!"

Alice glanced down at the hand she was holding Knave with. There it was, resting atop Knave's silver bracelet. She looked away. Somehow she felt as if it were taunting her.

Cora looked at Maria with disgust. "This idiot, who seems to have grown attached to Alice...," She paused. "Actually you can hardly blame her. Idiots do seem to get along with other idiots!" She said, as if talking to herself. "Anyway, do you see that horrible gold locket hanging around my daughter's neck?" She asked, turning to look at Knave.

Alice's other hand reflexively went onto her neck. She grabbed the locket. It felt hot in her hands. She sensed Knave looking at her locket too. He looked confused.

The witch continued, "That is a locket for protection." Said Cora, just before she burst out laughing. "Can you believe it? Madam Maria actually thought that she could protect you!" She said, looking at Alice, still laughing. The witch's laughter seemed to bounce off the bedroom walls.

Alice glanced at Maria. She remembered how impatient and worried Maria had been the night before her birthday. Alice now finally understood why she had acted that way.

Maria had her head turned away, as if she could not bear to look at Alice.

Cora heaved. "She thought that I would not be able to overcome the powers of my own daughter. Little does she know, that my powers are way more than any living soul could have ever imagined!"

'My daughter?' Thought Alice in wonder.

"What do you mean your daughter?" Alice demanded.

Cora made an impatient noise. "Just another pain who inherited my powers." She replied, sounding bored. "Rest assured! I have dealt with her, and she will cause me no more trouble."

Alice grabbed Knave's hand even tighter. She felt as if she were slowly drowning in the horror of everything that her mother was saying.

'How could anyone steep so low?' Alice thought with disgust.

What Cora had done was inhuman, ruthless, and sick in ways beyond imagination. Knowing the fact that Alice was her daughter, did not help at all. She was beginning to feel sick of herself.

"What does the bracelet do?" Alice demanded.

"The bracelet slowly cuts off the power of the locket," Cora explained. "Though the process takes a lot of time, so to speed things up I had no other option but to order Maria to stab you with that dagger."

Cora clapped her hands with delight. "As soon as the locket's powers fade, I will be free to have your soul!" The witch closed her eyes. "Then, I can finally have a peaceful sleep after eighteen, torturous years!" She opened her eyes, which now looked dreamy, and smiled at Alice.

"Why can I not see my friends anymore?" Alice asked, trying to ignore the witch's smile, which reminded her of the times when her mother used to gaze at her lovingly.

"And what do you mean she will not remember us?" Added Knave in a tight voice. His eyes were full of anger, as he stared at the witch.

Alice saw Cora's eyes look towards their entwined hands. She smiled mockingly. "I can see why the answer to that question is so important to you." She looked from him to Alice. "You two have developed quite a bond!" Cora turned to look at Maria. "Another thing you perhaps forgot to mention?" She asked, putting her hand on her hips.

Maria made a small noise. "What?" Shouted the witch. She took a deep breath. "Never mind, I will have plenty of time to deal with you later on, but now....," She turned to look at Alice again. "I am excited to answer my daughter's question." She continued. "The disadvantage of the bracelet, is that you will lose all your powers to see ghosts." Cora began. "It's a pity really, since that is one of my favourite power!"

Cora turned to look at Knave, faking sadness. Knave stared at the witch furiously. His eyes did not move from her face. "And she will not remember you, because I will remove all her old memories and replace them with new ones!" Said the witch.

Alice felt as if she were falling from somewhere high above. Knave flinched so lightly, that if she had not been standing so close to him, holding his hand, she would not have noticed it.

"And now, I would have even more fun, since I see that you have grown to care for her!" Said Cora. She looked at Knave furiously. "Do you have any idea how many problems your father had created for me after he had stabbed me?" She demanded.

Knave did not reply. His mouth was set in a hard line. His jaw was clenched.

Cora continued as if she hadn't noticed. "I had to give birth to two more pains just to heal myself!" She gave a wicked smile. "But it will all be worth it, once I will see you suffer every moment of your life!"

She turned to look at Alice. "Meanwhile,. you will have a completely new life!" Cora informed. "One where you will not see any type of ghosts, let alone help them. You will barely miss your father, and you will definitely not be able to see a boy who is cursed!"

Cora grinned. Looking at Knave's horrified face, she added, "That is right, Kane! She will forget you!"

For the first time, Alice saw fear in Knave's eyes. Though when he spoke, his voice was clear. "It is Knave!" He corrected.

Cora looked confused. "What?"

"My name is Knave, not Kane!" Replied Knave, in a taut voice.

Cora raised an eyebrow. "Really?" She began, looking at him in disbelief. "I just tell you that the person who you have grown so attached to, will forget you in a few hours, and here you are busy focusing on how I pronounced your name?" She snorted. "And I thought I was the only one who loved myself so much." She muttered. "I think I have done your parents a great favour by helping them get rid of their self-obsessed son! Do you not agree, Kane?"

Knave did not reply. He was still staring at the witch murderously.

Alice's head was spinning. "How much longer?" She asked in a small voice.

"You mean how much longer until we enter our new lives?" Asked Cora. Alice gave a small nod.

Cora made a sad face. "Unfortunately, it will take the whole day!" She glanced at the clock that hung on the wall. It showed seven in the morning. "So! This is what we will do," She began. "I will leave you two alone to say your goodbyes, and then when the time is right, I shall be back!"

Cora looked at Alice. "See, I am not that heartless after all!" She gave a wink. "So what say, idiots?" She asked, looking around the room expectantly. No one seemed to have answered.

Cora sighed. "I will take that as a yes!" She began to leave, but stopped abruptly. She turned to look at Alice. "A little dose of truth," She began. "You roam around with your pretty little dress, thinking you are so smart. Let me tell you something I have always wanted to tell you. You are dumb! That is what you are. You are nothing special! You are a worthless, pathetic burden, who I had to deal with my entire life!"

Cora took in a deep breath, then let it out. "That was such a relief to let it all out! It had been eating at me for so long, that I had thought it would kill me."

Alice did not say anything. The witch was right. She had been stupid, blind, crazy, and dumb. Everything had been happening right under her nose, and she had not even realized it. She had never stopped to think and consider even once, why things were the way they had been.

"I think Alice was the one who had to deal with you!" Snapped Knave, staring at the witch in disgust.

Cora shot him an irritated look. "You just have to open your mouth, don't you?" Knave remained staring at her.

Cora rolled her eyes, and began to make her way outside. She paused at the threshold. "Oh, and do not even think about trying to leave." She gave a playful smile. "It is useless, since I have placed spells everywhere. So unless you want to lose your organs, do not try and get out!"

Cora looked around the room. "All of you!" She shouted, right before she stormed off, shutting the door behind her so hard, that it shook on its hinges. The noise was almost deafening.

They all stood in silence for a long time. Knave was still holding Alice's hand, watching her in concern.

Maria finally looked at Alice, her eyes were full of tears. She looked less transparent, which made her look more alive than ever. Perhaps it was because she was feeling a really strong emotion?

Alice could not see the twins, but she felt them around her, close to her. They must be worried sick. Had they known?

Alice looked up in front of her, trying to sense the twins. "Had you guys known?" She asked.

It was Knave who replied, "They did not, Alice." He said gently.

Alice nodded. If they had, she would've known too. She smiled weakly. "I do not know what awaits me ahead, but what I do know is that as long as I have your love, nothing will happen to me!" She said, still staring ahead.

Maria dropped her gaze. She began shaking as she sobbed. Her tears fell, disappearing as they left her face.

Knave put a hand on Alice's shoulder. "Nothing is going to happen to you!" He assured. "Alice, I promise we will find a way out! It is what the twins are saying too. I am sure there has to be some way to defeat...,"

"My mother?" Alice said, cutting him off. She felt an unbearable pain, as she said the word. Knave did not reply. He closed his eyes and swallowed hard, as if also in pain.

Alice supposed she should be crying, screaming, throwing things around, perhaps even faint out of shock. She was surprised to see that she did not even have a single tear in her eyes. Her voice was determined, not even a little tremble despite how scared, shocked, sad, and angry she was feeling from the inside.

Alice let go of Knave's hand. "I do not think there is anything we can do!" She said.

Knave's eyes flew open. Alice thought his eyes were glistening with tears, but when he blinked, his eyes were completely dry. She had probably imagined it then. 

"There is always a way!" Said Knave.

"That is something which only sounds good in movies or books! It does not work in real life, Knave." Said Alice, not unkindly.

"There are some similarities between real life and fiction, Alice." To everyone's shock, it was Maria who spoke. "Perhaps, there is a way!"

"How can you even think about giving assurance, when you are half the reason Alice is in this mess?" Demanded Knave. His voice was full of accusation.

Maria did not reply. Instead, she wiped her tears and looked at Alice expectantly.

Alice put a hand on Knave's shoulder. "It is alright, Knave." She looked at Maria. "I do not blame you, Maria! Whatever you did was in order to protect your sister. However..,"

"What are you talking about, Alice?" Asked Knave, looking at her in disbelief. "That is no justification for her actions! If she did truly care for you, she would not have done all of this. She would've warned you about Cora, let you know about her motives." He paused and looked at Maria stonily. "If anything, she is the most selfish person I have ever met!"

Maria's lips trembled, but she did not say a single word.

"There is no point in yelling at her, Knave." Said Alice, with a calmness that shocked herself.

"Perhaps!" Said Knave. "But it is important to make someone realize how big a mistake one has done!" He looked at Maria. "You have ruined Alice's whole life! If you truly did consider her your sister, then you would have at least told her the truth."

"Knave, let it go!" Said Alice.

Knave stared at her disbelievingly. "Let it go?" He asked, sounding shocked. "Alice, how can I?" He said, his tone rising.

"There is nothing you can do now, except prepare yourself for what is coming!" Replied Alice. "I do not want to waste the last few hours of my life seeing you, crying over my fate. I do not want to blame anyone." She continued.

Maria shook her head in disbelief. "Alice, I have ruined your whole life, put you in hell, and yet you are not the least bit angry at me?"

"What will I do now by getting angry at you?" Asked Alice, directing her attention towards Maria. "Will it change all that has happened? Will it bring back my father, my siblings, and who knows how many countless innocents Cora has killed?" Demanded Alice. She looked at Maria. Now that she started talking, she could not stop. "You had been the only person to who I had let myself open to! I realize now that it was my mistake. I should've known whom to trust and whom to not. If I am angry at anyone, it is myself!"

Maria flinched. Alice continued, "You have taught me the most important lesson in my life, Maria. Never trust anyone so much that when they betray you, they manage to break you in a way that you can never be fixed. Thanks to you, I doubt I will ever be able to trust anyone ever again!"

Maria closed her eyes at her words. "Maria, somehow your betrayal is hurting me more than my own mother's!" Alice felt tears well up in her eyes. "Over the years, my mother was not with me, you were! Every second, every minute, every hour of my life, you were with me Maria, not her!" She took a shaky breath. "After all the things I had told you, after knowing me for almost my whole life, how could you do this to me?" Alice cried out.

"I am so sorry, Alice!" Maria whispered, though she still kept her eyes closed.

Alice laughed bitterly. "Sorry?" She echoed in disbelief. "Will that bring me back my father?" She demanded, her voice rising. When Maria did not answer, Alice shouted, "ANSWER ME, MARIA!"

"Alice, calm down!" Said Knave, holding her gently.

Alice did not take her eyes off Maria. "If there is one thing good about me losing my powers, it will be that I will no longer have to see your face ever again!" Said Alice. She had not known that she was capable of spitting such poison. Yet here she was, speaking such words to a ghost who she had once thought of as her own. A part of her.

"I imagine the only reason Cora has allowed me to see you, is to torture me more!" Alice finished. 

Maria opened her eyes. It was filled with so much sorrow, that Alice could not bear to look into them.

Alice looked away, as Maria said, "If seeing my face is torture for you, then I do not want to stay here. I will leave!"

"Good!" Alice replied, without looking at her. She could feel Maria's eyes on her, making it hard for her to breathe.

"I just want to tell you one thing," Maria began. "After I had gotten to know you, I was ready to sacrifice my own sister, if only I could!"

Alice looked at her. "What do you mean?" She asked, but Maria was already fading.

"Goodbye, Alice!" Maria whispered, smiling weakly.

Before Alice could even blink, she vanished.

Alice stood where she was, staring at where Maria had been a few seconds ago. She could feel Knave's eyes on her.

Despite all that Maria had done, Alice could not get rid of the feeling that she had done something tremendously horrible by sending Maria away.

"I cannot just stand here doing nothing!" Shouted Knave suddenly.

Alice turned to look at him. "What are you going to do, Knave?" She asked, sounding defeated. "My mother...," She broke off. She took a deep breath and tried again. "Cora did say that there is no way to escape. I am sure she meant what she said, and if we do try to escape, we would not be able to do so without losing any of our limbs!" Reminded Alice.

"We have to try, Alice!" Shouted Knave, and ran towards the window.

It was quite peaceful outside. The chirping of birds, the sun shining bright against a blue sky. It was an atmosphere that not at all went with how Alice was feeling. She wondered if Cora had anything to do with it, just so she could tease her. Did witches have such powers? Alice did not care. She felt horrible either way.

Knave almost had the window open when suddenly, Cora's voice echoed loudly in the room. "First warning, Kane!"

"For heaven's sake, it is Knave!" He said exasperatingly. "And your pathetic warning is not going to keep me from trying!" He pushed harder, trying to open the window again.

Alice ran towards him and grabbed his shoulders, stopping him. "Knave, don't do it!" She warned.

He took her hands in his. "I have to try, Alice! I have to do something!"

Alice made a noise of protest. "Why are you so stubborn!" She shouted. "Please Knave, I cannot let anything happen to you!" She begged, her voice cracking.

Knave put a hand on her cheek. "It will be worth it!" He said. "Besides, your twins are helping me too." He added, looking towards the window.

Alice followed his gaze, and smiled sadly. It was just a while ago that she could see and hear them. Now, she was also losing her ability to sense them. The pain hit Alice again, and she swallowed hard.

"Charlie!" Knave cried out.

"Knave, what happened?" Demanded Alice.

"It is okay, Alice!" Knave assured. "Charlie just got scratched." He added, looking at her worried face.

Alice knew from the way he was biting his lips nervously, that it was more than just a scratch.

"If you guys truly care about me, then you all will stop right now!" Shouted Alice, looking towards the window, where she guessed the twins were.

Knave looked horrified. "Alice, of course we care about you but..,"

"So please, stop!" Said Alice, cutting him off. "I would not be able to live with myself if anything happens to any of you!"

Knave punched the window hardly. Alice was not surprised to see the glass still intact. "There has to be something we can do!" He closed his eyes. "Think Knave, think!" He whispered to himself.

Alice put a hand on his shoulder. "Knave?" She called out. His eyes flew open. He looked so helpless, that it made Alice's eyes well up. She gave a small smile. "Can we not just try and spend our last few moments together in peace?" She looked at him pleadingly. "Please?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 1.5K 43
[Winner of Wattpad India Awards 2021 in Matters of Heart category] [Featured on Wattpad's YARomance's Profile in Semesters of Love] [Featured on Watt...
937 170 35
Adara was a semi-normal seventeen-going-on-eighteen-year-old girl living a normal if not boring life prior to the fateful evening she and her mother...
147K 3.2K 68
(Completed) "Her brother Will, he seems a lot nicer than she is." Anna Heart, A.K.A Ella Scarlett. A.K.A The Knave of Hearts got trapped in the evil...
64 1 27
"The realization and truth of my life confused me. My stepmother was actually my father. The man I knew as my father was really a stranger. I was hal...