A Second Chance (Marco x Fem...

jen123454321 tarafından

'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, t... Daha Fazla

General info before reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Pt.2
Chapter 9 - Pt. 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N, Quick easter vacay
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Marco's mom
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (NSFW)
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74 (Finale); The Aftermath...
Reminder for anime-onlys!:)

Chapter 61

778 27 121
jen123454321 tarafından

Just wanted to include these pictures someone drew of what s4 Marco could've looked like, and let's just say we were ROBBED🖐🏻😣

Okay, on with the heartbreak✌🏻
_________________________

Eren's titan's body was visible from miles away, something that looked like a vast crystalized spear pierced right through his stomach, leaving him dangling high up in the air. By the sounds of it, people were shooting at him- and quite heavy shots as well.

"This way! Once we get there we take out additional artillery and soldiers with the thunder spears as planned!", Jean yelled as you manoeuvred through the vast Internment Zone. Once you closed in on the immediate battlefield of Eren and the War Hammer Titan, you saw a huge explosion right by the nape of the War Hammer. It fell limp down on the ground.

'Yes Mikasa!'

You snuck up behind the building where the soldiers were shooting from, simultaneously flying over the edge once at the top. Without a word, you all shot your thunder spears at the unsuspecting soldiers, blowing up their artillery in the process.

"Spread out, take out any soldiers you see, spare civilians!", Jean said and took off. You jumped down from the roof again, watching Mikasa stand atop Eren's collapsed titan as you swung past them. Eren's upper body was peeking out of the nape. His hair was even longer than when he left you; the same length as the silhouette you saw both days prior to be exact.

'So it was him... Was he watching us?'

A shot fired, hitting the wall right in front of you, shook you out of your thoughts. You'd have to stay focused if you wanted to live past tonight. You looked over, searching for the source of the bullet, aiming and killing the soldier with a shot to his head. You took another look at the area surrounding Eren. Debris and ruins embossed the place, people of all ages and origin either crushed or stomped to death... You got chills down your spine as you noticed a particularly vast boulder, and judging by the petite legs and the little skirt peeping out beneath it, it had hit a young girl. The familiarity of the situation almost made you want to go down there and move it off of her, desperate to keep her alive, though you knew it was far too late. You found yourself wondering who she was; her name. Did she have a family? Friends? Was she a happy kid? Did she pass quickly or did she feel it all as the stone crushed her... You tore your gaze away from it, once again reminding yourself to stay focused.

As you manoeuvred in between two buildings, shots came from both angles. You bent and turned to the best of your abilities, avoiding the bullets for dear life all while taking down at least seven of the shooters. You reeled yourself in, landing atop a building to assess the situation before you moved on. You just now noticed parts of the city were set aflame; parts that were not burning two minutes ago... Once noting where the last fire was started, you quickly made your way over there, seeing Jean and Marco already talking to the perpetrators.

"What the hell happened to keeping civilian casualties to a minimum?!", you asked, running over to the pair in a heated conversation with Floch. Floch shot you an annoyed look. "Are you really that dumb? Setting fire to everything?!"

"Like I said; The only thing here are enemies and places they live! Have you guys forgotten how they massacred humanity inside the walls?! We were eaten alive, dammit! They've got it coming!", he answered worked up. You narrowed your eyes at him.

"You're still saying that?", Jean asked tired, grabbing a hold of his shoulder to get him to look at him.

"Look", Floch pointed in Eren's direction. "Eren's telling us something—to fight! We shouldn't just wait for our deaths in the walls. What we need... is a devil like him!". You looked over at Mikasa and Eren, still atop his titan. Just as you did, the War Hammer suddenly started moving again.

"Didn't Mikasa blow up the nape? How is it not dead?!", you asked bewildered, taking a few steps towards the edge to see better. Something seemed to form out of its hand; a crossbow. You gasped watching a giant arrow head straight towards the pair. Luckily, Mikasa's reflexes were as sharp as ever, and she got herself and Eren out of there quickly.

The whizzing sound of a pair of wires being reeled in had you turn.

"Jean, we stalled the reinforcements", Connie reported as him and Sasha gracefully landed on the rooftop.

"And the lights?"

"They're all in place", Sasha confirmed.

'Good. Now Hange and the airship know where to go... I don't want us to be stuck here any longer than we have to'

"Are things going well?", Connie asked, walking to stand between Jean and Marco.

"For the time being", Marco answered him, looking at the War Hammer trying to crush Mikasa with a newly made sword. Mikasa was way too fast for her though, always slipping away before the blade could hit, firing one thunder spear after the other.

"As long as we take that titan out in time", you added, crouching down to rest your legs. "But who knows, like always; anything can happen at any time...". You had learned to expect the worst a long time ago. You can't even count how many times things have seemed to go your way, only to be ruined last minute.

"What's to come when this battle is over? For us to know, we have to survive", Jean said, staring intently at Mikasa fighting the War Hammer. Just as he said that, Mikasa hit it directly in the eye, blowing up the right one completely. The War Hammer made a spear of sorts, desperately following Mikasa's movements along the wall of the building, completely destroying it while doing so. Right then, Eren transformed for the second time...

The bright golden light illuminated the area, and the familiarity of the sight made you realise just how long it's been since Eren was last with you. Eren grabbed something seemingly from underneath the ground, pulling it out with such force- it had the ground shaking. Out of the ground came a crystallized capsule; much like the one Annie is currently enclosed in. The crystal was the size of his hand. He yanked off a cable-like thing hanging out of the bottom, blood splattering all over the place, and the War Hammer Titan's body fell limp once again; this time for good.

'So she's controlling the titan vessel from inside the crystal,- not the nape...'

Eren peered down on it with intense, glowing eyes, and you all stared at him with looks of anticipation as he brought it closer to his mouth. No one even noticed him before it was too late; the new holder of Ymir's Jaw Titan biting down directly at Eren's nape.

You all gasped in horror. "Eren!", you heard yourself exclaim, standing up from your crouched position, ready to jump off the roof. But you needed not worry, as Levi was still the fastest and most precise Scout to ever have lived, tonight being no different. In a swift motion, he had cut the hinges of the Jaw Titan's jaw, making him unable to bite down. Eren saw his chance, and smashed the Jaw Titan against the wall using his body, grabbing onto his hair. Somehow he managed to free himself, nonetheless, using his sharp claws to climb up the building, only to get stopped by one of Mikasa's thunder spears.

"Now?", you asked Jean, ready to jump right that second.

"Now!", he confirmed loudly, and simultaneously you jumped down from the roof, heading for the Jaw Titan sitting disoriented down on the ground. Every scout in the area headed for the same target; Hopefully, the Cart Titan hadn't broken free from the trap like the Jaw seemingly had.

You must have jinxed yourself- the second you aimed for the Jaw's eye, shots were fired, and the scout beside you exploded into bloody bits. The shots didn't stop, continuous streams of ammo sent your way, and you struggled to dodge them.

"Shit!", you muttered, spinning and bending all sorts of ways, just barely avoiding each fire. You heard the sounds of comrades being blown up, their insides making a nauseating squishing sound once they got hit.

"Y/N!", Jean grabbed your waist, the motion of him pulling you away saved you from being hit in you leg. He reeled in the wire, pulling you with him until you both crashed through a window, quickly taking shelter behind a couch inside the room. You protectively held your hands on the back of your head, lowering it down to rest between your legs.

"Shit! That's here too?!", Jean exclaimed once the shooting stopped for a moment. They probably had to reload.

"Marco!", you stated more so to yourself, realising you had no clue if he were as lucky as you out there. Being in the crossfire made everything a haze, and you didn't have time to look at the soldiers you heard got shot. The two of you peeked out from the side of the couch, looking through a medium sized hole now punctured in the wall. Your instincts were screaming for you to just jump out there again, but you remembered the promise the two of you made each other before even taking this trip across the sea; Unless you see the other person get hurt, under no circumstances should you jeopardise your own health doing something reckless trying to find them.

"The Cart Titan! This time with machine gun gear...", Jean said amazed. You remembered how slightly frail and bare the Cart Titan looked when you first saw it in Shiganshina four years ago. But now, dressed in metal plates and artillery gear on its back, it was honestly quite the frightening sight. Not to mention the giant, long mouth.

Yet another loud sound boomed across the square, and you could just barely see Eren's titan being pierced by crystalised spears forming a tree-like shape. You jumped slightly, startled, scared the War Hammer had actually managed to pierce through his nape. You let out a relieved breath noticing Eren's hardened arm stopping a spear from penetrating his neck.

The whole ground shook, but not from another explosion. No these were footsteps, and you knew just who they belonged to; that terrifying night in Utgard Castle like ingrained in your memory.

"He's here Jean", you whispered, and the two of you snuck your way over to the hole to get a better view. And there he was, in all his furry glory; As disgustingly terrifying as always with his eyes glowing bright red.

"Yeah, that's him all right... The Beast Titan", Jean answered, eyeing the 17 meter titan.

"We have to regroup with the others", you saw a chance to sneak out unnoticed and you were determined on taking it. Everyone was distracted by Zeke's entrance, you and Jean joining the rest behind Levi on the ground. You were delighted to see that all of your friends were in fact still alive.

"Let none escape. Kill 'em all", Zeke's deep voice spoke from his titan.

"Don't die on me. Survive!", Levi ordered, the sincerity and urgency in his request evident in his tone. He drew his blades, firing off a wire heading straight towards the beast. You all followed him like a shadow, splitting up to take on each of the three titans.

You noticed the way Zeke prepared his throwing arm, knowing exactly what would happen next. Quickly, you got behind him, out of range from the stones he stared throwing.

'He isn't supposed to go this hard on us, what the hell is he doing?!'

"That jerk!", two Scouts exclaimed, flying past you.

"H-hey!", you screamed, but they didn't listen.

"Wait, guys!", you heard Marco scream as they passed him, but it was to late. As they aimed for Zeke's nape, the Cart Titan's powerful fire blew them up to bits.

"Protect the war chief's rear!", the Cart Titan ordered the men controlling the machine gun. You've had enough of them blowing up your comrades, knowing who your focus would be on for the next portion of the fight.

'I'll get you back for snatching Reiner out of our grasps!'

"Everyone! Fall back! We'll resupply our gas and ammo!", Jean gave the order, and everyone followed his lead.

Once inside what felt like safe and protective four walls, you let out a deep breath, just now noticing how shaky and sore you felt once you got a little break. It's been years since your last proper fight, and if you've ever had any doubts at all you now knew for certain you didn't miss it.

"Here, let me help you", Marco said with exhausted breaths, helping you connect a new gas tank to your gear. You turned to him with a grateful smile, gently patting his scratched cheek with a little cloth you picked up from a nearby table. The white material soon turned red.

"Are you doing okay? You're not hurt, are you?", you asked him, dropping the cloth, letting your eyes scan across the surface of his body.

"Everything considered, I'm doing okay", he assured you while you walked behind him to connect a new gas tank to his gear.

"We need to get rid of the Cart Titan's gear. It's hard to concentrate on the man-eating giants while also having to dodge the never-ending fires", you sighed, giving his gear a last little check to see if everything was in order.

"Yeah, I know Jean's planning on taking it down at least", Marco answered, looking over at Jean in the other end of the room, staring out the window with a serious expression.

Golden light erupting from the outside had you realised Eren had transformed for the third time...

You pulled Marco with you to stand by Jean's side, looking out the window.

"When did he get so strong?! Transforming three times?!", you exclaimed amazed. By chance you looked over in the three titan's direction, just managing to catch the Beast preparing to throw two handfuls of giant debris towards the surrounding buildings... Exactly where yourself and your comrades were currently resupplying...

"Get down!", you screamed, yanking Jean and Marco down with you behind a nearby dresser. The structure around you crumbled as the stones hit, the sound of the impact was deafening. People screamed out in surprise and terror, broken glass and rubble flying everywhere.

"Eren Yeager... is not my enemy", Zeke's titan spoke again. "Someone else comes first. Show yourself, Levi. You're running out of time!".

As the dust from the crumbled walls settled, everyone carefully got up from their shelters. You coughed, stretching out both arms to help the boys up. You could feel a slight stinging on your face and arms; the broken glass probably cut you as they flew past. But the cuts didn't feel deep at all, most likely not even deep enough to scar. Luckily, it looked like everyone in the room avoided any serious injuries.

The sky lit up once again, more powerful than any of the nearby titan's transformation-lightning. The boom of the explosion rung across Liberio entirely and the ground shook like a thousand mindless titans running. You could feel the force of the winds tearing at the already damaged walls, relieved you weren't outside to feel the burning air swift you away.

'Armin'

"The Colossal Titan! The titan they stole from Bertholdt!", you heard the Cart's creepy voice say.

"Everyone, advance!", Jean ordered, and you started moving towards the square once again.

"War Chief! Here comes their attack!". But as soon as she said that, the Beast collapsed to the ground, Levi standing atop it's nape.

'Finally, talk about putting extra effort into the performance... He wasn't supposed to actually try and kill us!'

You advanced towards the Cart Titan, spotting Sasha, already aiming for one of the compartments. Being the 'bullseye-shooter' that she is, she got the man, no trouble. The Cart turned towards her.

"You'll pay for that!"

'Oh, don't you dare touch her!'

As the Cart charged at her, you jumped the edge, firing a thunder spear directly at her left eye. Jean was right behind you, hitting the other one.

"This is for last time!", Jean said. "Now! Fire!". On cue, a handful of Jean's squad members appeared above it, firing at the compartments containing the shooters as well as the top surface of the Cart Titan. You almost couldn't see any of them through the smokes and fire of the explosion.

'That surely had to be enough to end it?'

Out of the fire, she screamed, and crawled to jump down from the roof with desperate movements, crashing against the ground of the street below.

"Hurry! Finish it off!", Jean sounded properly exhausted and desperate as he flung himself off the roof.

"Jean!", you ran to the edge. You and Sasha watched as he aimed for a little boy standing between the Cart and Jean, pleading for Jean not to kill her. Jean was visibly struggling, and you could tell he hesitated.

"Is he gonna—", you whispered in disbelief. You know you could never have it in you to kill a child, no matter who they were. If anything, that's probably one of your only weaknesses, and you prayed it wouldn't be your downfall.

Jean actually shot the spear, however the steam leaving the Cart as the holder, Pieck, weakly ascended from the nape, had the spear go rogue, hitting nothing. Jean quickly got out of there, visibly upset; if it was because he missed or because he realised he actually fired at the boy you didn't know.

"It's the Cart!", someone in Jean's squad declared, and they all circled above her, trying to shot the final shot that would end her. But that was easier said than done as the Marleyan soldiers still alive on the ground started shooting at them.

"Protect Pieck!"

"Eat shit, you devils!"

"Look out! Stay back!", Jean ordered, and you all followed him while avoiding the shots fired. A low rumbling noise, like the ones of propellers, could be heard in the distance, and the sound felt like a beacon of hope. It was almost over, you could soon go home.

"Jean, it's here", Connie said as you all rested atop a rooftop, watching the little speck of an airship become larger the closer it got.

"Yeah, right on time", Jean answered firmly, but relieved.

Once close enough, you all connected your hooks to the surface beneath the airship. The airship followed the road you had lit up religiously, Scouts hiding in different nooks and cranny's attaching themselves to it as soon as they spotted it. Sasha and Connie had already gone inside.

"You guys ready to go inside?", you yelled at Jean and Marco, trying to make yourself heard over the loud noise of the propellers.

"I have to wait until most of my squad is back!", Jean yelled his answer. You looked over at Marco, who gave you an apologetic look.

"I'll stay just a little longer. Someone has to watch Jean's back", he said. Although you didn't like the thought of them staying out here for too long, you nodded.

"Okay, just don't overdue it! Both of yours' safety comes first you know! Hange's orders", you reminded them. They both nodded, and you started reeling yourself up towards one of the entrances to the airship.  

"Here! Take our hands!", Connie and Sasha reached out for you, safely helping you inside. The second your body hit the wooden floor you dropped down on your back with your arms out in a tired manner.

"Oh my god, it's almost over!", you sighed dramatically, inhaling and exhaling as deep as you could to calm yourself. You knew the danger wasn't over until you stared soaring above the sea, out of Liberio's reach, but you couldn't help but feel relieved already. You also knew it wouldn't be long until the weight of your actions finally settled, and your guilt would skyrocket, so might as well let yourself feel okay as long as possible.

"Yeah, I'm pooped", Connie slouched down on the ground beside you. Sasha kept watch by the door, finger ready on the trigger of her rifle as she scouted the grounds below.

The ear-ringing sound of bullets being fired continued on repeat as the Marleyan soldiers continued to fire at the ship, and you comrades fired back, however at this point you were out of range from most of their shots. You sat back upright, peeking out the door once your heard the whizzing sound of someone closing in. You and Sasha helped a handful of people inside, Floch scoffing when you offered him your hand, smacking it away before proceeding to enter the ship on his own. You huffed and rolled your eyes, annoyed. He's such a child.

Your frown turned however when Marco showed himself by the door, and you quickly helped him up, caging him in a hug once you got a few steps away from the entrance, not wanting to block it.

"We fucking made it", you whispered relieved, tightening your grip around his neck. It was honestly one of the most uncomfortable hugs you've ever had, the metal chest plates digging into your skin, but you ignored it.

Marco kissed your cheek. "I love you". You smiled, returning the words.

"Jean!"

"Grab on!". You both turned once you heard Jean was coming, Sasha and Connie helping him up.

"Who's left?", was the first thing he asked once boarding.

"We're still waiting on Lima Squad", Connie informed him.

"As far as we know, there's six casualties", Sasha chimed in.

"I see... Shit!". Jean looked absolutely destroyed hearing the numbers, and you could understand why. Six doesn't sound like much, but it was still six lives lost. Six people that was under Jean's command and care. You know you'd fell horrible too.

"That's nothing compared to the damage we did!", Floch stated proudly, taking a few steps towards him. "It's a huge victory! The New Eldian Empire's first battle ends in victory!", he screamed, raising his fist, and the rest of the squad went wild, cheering like you've never heard them before.

The five of you just looked at them dumbfounded.

'The New Eldian Empire?! Now hang on a minute-'

"Tonight, we celebrate in honour of our six fallen heroes!"

Connie got up from the ground, and Sasha went back to watch the ground from the open door.

"First battle, huh? How many more till the fighting ends?", Jean asked himself quietly, and you and Marco sat down in front of him. You already felt the guilt creeping up on you, picturing the hundreds of civilians now dead because of your actions here tonight. People like the couple you saw the day before... Or children like the pair of siblings, living life knowing no fear. Young and innocent... Gone. Stolen.

"Just how many have to die", Jean added in a painful tone, and you lowered your head. Connie took a few steps and crouched down between Jean and Sasha. He flung his arms around their necks, you and Marco sitting close enough for him to grab each your arms and pull you in to rest your heads against his chest. You all wore a surprised expression.

"Anyways, I'm just glad we survived again", he said loudly, tightening his grasp. He then added quietly, so only you four could hear it: "It's not fair to the others, but you guys are special... to me". He almost sounded sad, the sincerity in his voice so apparent it was like you could touch it... feel it. You smiled sweetly, though he couldn't see it, and snuck your arms around his waist to return his heart-warming gesture. You were all quiet for a moment, until Jean broke the silence.

"That hurts, idiot. Don't hug us wearing hard-ass gear", he said, wanting to escape this sentimental moment. You don't know when feelings became such an embarrassing topic for Jean, but he tended to shy away from telling his friends how much he really cared for them. But you all knew it, so it didn't matter, really.

"Excuse me, Jean?! You're the idiot for always fussing over your tiny-ass beard!", Connie shot back offended, and a little chuckle escaped your lips before you managed to stifle it.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, that's right! Why grow a beard if you can't eat it?", Sasha chimed in, and that's when you and Marco both lost it.

"Huh?!"

"Say, are we eating soon?", Sasha asked, completely unfazed by Jean staring daggers into her soul.

"No Sasha, not until we're back at the island", Marco informed her with a chuckle.

"Hmpf, some leader you are Jean..."

"HUH?! How is that my fault?!"

"What leader doesn't make sure we have extra rations onboard?"

"A good one who prioritises his teammates instead of food!"

"By bringing food, you are prioritising your teammates. We need food to live Jean!". You sighed with a smile and got up from the ground. Luckily, their bickering didn't last long, the sound of Floch and the others still cheering being obnoxious enough on their own.

The lot of you moved away from the door, standing right by the outer circle of the squad's cheering huddle. Sasha turned her head towards the door abruptly.

"Did you guys hear a sound just now?", she asked alert. You hadn't heard anything, however when it comes to hearing things, you never doubted Sasha for a second. The four of you understood the possible urgency.

"Floch, can you guys keep it down?!", you called out to him.

"Shut up bitch, we are celebrating this glorious victory for Eldia!", he answered smug. You and your friends all glared at him.

"Are you guys hearing this? I swear to god I'll kick him in the balls next time he tries me", you muttered so only your friends could hear. Connie snickered. Not because of Floch's comment, but just of the whole ordeal between the two of you that had only worsened over time. Also he wanted to see you go through with the kick.

"You guys really do despise each other, huh", he said.

"Uh, yeah, and for obvious reasons. He's just plain rude and disrespectful, and a complete asshat towards me for no reason. He hates me for what happened to his friend, and said friend lied to him about my character". They all knew this friend you were talking about was Mabel. Marco always felt uncomfortable whenever she would become a subject of conversation. He blamed himself for how things turned out, although he did nothing wrong. So you try to mention her as little and vaguely as possible.

"You don't have to tell me twice, I don't really care for him either", Sasha agreed. "But I really did hear something...", she said again.

"Alright Floch, keep it down! For real this time!", Jean tried to convince him to stop, and you figured if any of you would have any luck with that guy it was either Jean or Marco. Floch still respected Jean since he's his squad leader, and Marco because you imagine Mabel talked him up and you down. To Floch, Marco wasn't the bad guy at all. You guessed that was okay though; you didn't want anyone to falsely hate Marco either. For him you'd gladly take the blame as the bad guy.

Floch only screamed louder...

"Isn't Lobov still out there?", Marco asked Jean.

"No, I think he came aboard"

You noticed Sasha had something in her hair, like a little piece of debris from a building, and started to pick at it, trying to get it out.

"Y/N, stop, it tickles", Sasha giggled. You smiled at her.

"It'll go faster if you stand still Sash", you laughed with a slight snort. In the corner of your eye, something appearing at the entrance of the airship caught your attention. It was too small to be Lobov...

The front end of a rifle was pointed your way, and you didn't even manage to open your mouth before the sound of a shot made your ears ring.

Your eyes widened and your mind was racing trying to understand what just happened. Beside you, Sasha was flailing back and forth, struggling to keep her balance. As she collapsed backwards, you caught her, kneeling down on the ground, following her motion. With shaky hands and wide eyes, you touched her cheek gently, staring at her face that had the same expression that you've seen so many times before...

"S-sash?", you voice was nothing but a quiver as you spoke your nickname for her out loud. Blood started seeping out onto the floor beneath her, slowly reaching your legs propped slightly underneath her.

The girl's rifle clicked again as she reloaded, and you forced your gaze away from Sasha. Jean aimed his pistol at her, but another child- the boy from before- pushed the girl, her bullet hitting the roof instead of anyone else. The rest of the squad yelled as they charged at the kids, but this is where you stopped paying attention to them. Connie and Marco was knelt down beside Sasha now.

"Sasha! Hey! Hang in there! Hey!", Connie yelled with a voice as shaky as your hands. His fingers gently touched the side of her face as he desperately tried to find her spirit in her eyes, but they were dull. Tears started filling at the brims of your eyes, though your brain still struggled to understand.

"M-marco", you whimpered. "Marco! Put pressure on her wound!", you suddenly snapped, yelling at him as the tears started streaming freely. It was as if something clicked. You were losing her... fast...

Jean quickly knelt down beside Marco, looking at Sasha in despair. Marco seemed startled by your sudden change of tone, desperately blinking to rid himself of the worst of his tears, moving his hands as quickly as he could. But for you it just wasn't fast enough, hastily pressing the palm of your own hand on top of her bleeding wound directly underneath her chest, while gently stroking her cheek with the other hand as her head rested on your lap.

You stopped yourself from fully sobbing, but you couldn't control the streams of tears.

"You're so... damn loud...", Sasha managed to stammer. Her breaths were weak. "Are we... eating soon?". It felt like you were suffocating, subconsciously already knowing she would be saying her last words anytime now, though refusing to accept it.

"Bandages, now! We've gotta stop the bleeding!", Jean screamed out to Louise standing in the corner.

"Yes sir!"

"Sasha! Make it to the island!", Connie begged her.

"Meat...". Your hand was soaking in blood, no matter how hard you pressed, it just kept seeping out. You let out a desperate sob.

"Yes, Sasha. We'll make sure you'll get as much meat as you can eat, just please hang in there!", you started begging too, rocking your body slightly back and forth as to keep yourself from imploding. But she didn't answer, only faint breaths indicating there was still life left in her.

Louise and another soldier entered the room and started attending to Sasha, wrapping the bandage tightly around her. You and Connie sat close by, intently watching her, while Jean stood facing away, pressing the palms of his hands against his ears as hard as he could. Marco walked back and forth with the fingers of his left hand grasping his hair tightly in despair.

"Jean, they climbed aboard using Lobov's ODM gear", Floch reported, holding them up by their hair. "I'll toss 'em outside. All right?"

"If we toss kids out of an airship, will the killing ever end?", Jean asked strained, harshly smacking his hands against the wall. You moved a little closer to Sasha, noticing a streak of blood had run out of her mouth, and you felt a pang of sadness hit you all over again. That is never a good sign...

"Don't touch me, you devils! We haven't lost yet!", the girl screamed. "The rest of our comrades will carry on the will of War Chief Zeke!"

"Gabi, stop!", the boy tried to reason.

'Poor girl, she doesn't know a thing...'

"What do we do with 'em, Jean?", Floch asked. This seemed to trigger another response from Gabi.

"Us true Eldians are gonna haunt you till you die! Pass that on to your ringleader after I'm dead!"

"I'll take you to him", Jean said plainly, tired. This seemed to surprise Gabi. "Then you can tell him all that yourself.... Marco!", Marco abruptly turned to look at Jean. "You grab the boy. Help me bring them up front". Marco took a deep breath and complied, grabbing the boy's shoulders gently, and they left the room after looking at Sasha one last time.

"This is all I can do...", the soldier tending to Sasha said sad. "I don't know if it'll do any difference—"

"Thank you", you quickly said, giving him a stiff smile. He nodded once, understanding your sincerity behind your stiff expression, then got up and left. Floch and the rest left the room as well, giving you and Connie some privacy.

She was still breathing. It was faint, but it was there.

"What am I gonna d—", Connie started, but you grabbed his hand.

"Don't", you nothing but whispered. "She'll manage... somehow"

"Yeah...", he agreed, not really believing it. You moved closer, carefully moving stray strands of hair away from her face. The two of you got startled as the door swung open, Armin and Mikasa running inside teary eyed. The mere sight of Sasha was enough to make the tears flow, however they tried to be quiet, not wanting to disturb Sasha in case it could affect her recovery.

The four of you kind of circled her, you sitting by her head, Connie on her left, Mikasa on her right, and Armin by your left side. You all clung to the faint sound of her breathing, until it just stopped. You felt the blood leave your face, the others looked extremely pale.

"Sasha?", you tried with your voice as shaky as ever. The sobs you had supressed started forming in your chest once again. "Sasha!". You tried shaking her lightly. No response. "Sasha!!", you tried louder, the sobs now starting for real as you broke down fully. Mikasa and Armin desperately chanted her name over an over as their sobs mixed with yours. You gently wrapped your arms around her from behind her, clinging to her upper body for dear life, but she was completely limp. You nuzzled your face into her hair.

Connie simply got up to his feet, his face unreadable. He turned around, walking towards the door and left the room.

The three of you stayed like that for a little while, until you couldn't handle the limp feeling of her body in your arms anymore. You gently placed her down on the ground again, her head resting atop a towel. You kissed her forehead before getting up, leaving Armin and Mikasa behind with her, both still screaming her name, clinging to her lifeless shell of a body.

...

The walk over to the front of the airship felt endless in your zombie-like state. You passed room after room, each one filled with Scouts eyeing your bloody attire and empty expression.

You opened the door with weak arms, meeting the gazes of everyone, and judging by their expressions Connie already told them.

"Y-Y/N", Hange stammered, taking a few steps towards you once noting your pants soaked in blood reaching your knees and your red stained hands. You passed her, nothing and no one other that Eren seemed to matter the second you laid eyes on him. You couldn't read his expression, but if you were to guess he seemed desperate; frustrated. You don't know why, after all of these months you spent missing him, the first thing you felt when you looked at him was anger. He just left you behind, venturing off on his own and keeping you in the dark until he needed you there. And because of that, Sasha was no more... It made your blood boil and your heart ache.

With determined steps you walked over to him, and he raised his gaze slowly to meet yours; your void-like expression didn't falter. You looked at him for a second, before harshly grabbing a hold of his collar with both hands, smacking him against the wall behind him with a hard thud, holding him there. Everyone behind you let out a surprised gasp, that being the last thing they expected you to do honestly. Hange took a step forward as to maybe stop you, but Levi held out his hand, letting you go on.

Eren's expression was still plain, however there was a hint of sadness in it. You almost just dropped it and walked out, but puffed your chest slightly, needing to speak your mind now that you had the chance- even if he wouldn't listen.

"Why aren't you talking to us anymore? Huh?! Don't you remember the night of our graduation where we promised each other we would fight this together? Because it seems to me you've forgotten!", you said, finally able to tell him what you've wanted to tell him for months, your voice breaking at the last word. You gave him another push as his expression didn't change. The tears had started streaming again, but you kept your composure. "Talk to us Eren!", you said harshly. "That's all we want...", you said, this time weaker. You felt the fighting spirit in you ebb out. "We just want to understand", you nothing but whispered, letting go of his collar, taking a few steps back- refusing to meet his gaze anymore. He didn't answer you, nor did he look like he was about to anytime soon.

Silently you walked over to a cabinet, where you found both a basin of water and a cloth, as well as a white linen tablecloth about Sasha's size. You then turned to see everyone still eyeing you.

"Connie", you said stiffly, reaching out your free hand for him. "She needs us", you said once he hesitantly grabbed it, leading a lax Connie out of the room. You would've asked Marco and Jean to join too, but knew they had to figure out what to do with the kids. You were sure they'd understand, and come join you later. It was hard for you to even meet Marco's gaze at this time...

____________________

⚠️A/N:⚠️

Guys, I don't think I've ever been so emotional writing the word 'meat' ever in my life😣

This was a LONG chapter, but I had so much I wanted to incorporate into Sasha's death-part, so that's probably why. I hope you guys enjoyed it, though 'enjoyed' might not be the best choice of words lol.

Goodbye to our dearest Sasha. Like I said in the last chapter; I'll miss writing her as a part of Y/N's journey in this story :'( She'll be mentioned further, but you know, it's not the same...

⚠️Oh, and also, just so I've mentioned it!: A new semester at my university just started up, and I'll from now on start having a bunch of other responsibilities that comes before writing. I promise you I'll update as regularly and often as I can, but it will most likely be less frequent that it has been up until now. But it depends on the week really, and I can assure you that this story will be finished! Just be patient with me as I figure out how to balance schoolwork with writing chapters. Thank you in advance💕⚠️

Have a good day!

~Jen

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

968 19 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...
881K 19.9K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
561K 13K 33
Year 845, the year Wall Maria met its doom. The residents within Wall Maria stared at the wall. A head was now visible...it was a titan... 'A titan...
14.4K 421 29
Jay Altenhofen just wants to join MP. And live peacefully with his mother and sister. Because they are the only ones that are left. His father sudde...