Photograph [Maya Hart]

By sebxstixnstxn13

"I like photographs. It's a reminder that at one point, everything is perfect." Girl Meets World Season 3 More

summary + cast
epigraph
01 ~ summer
02 ~ high school
03 ~ the hole
04 ~ massacre
05 ~ school profile
06 ~ social network
07 ~ lesson
08 ~ baseball game
08 ~ spanish class
10 ~ turn of events
11 ~ the bakery
12 ~ pompeii
13 ~ christopher park
14 ~ forms
15 ~ airport
16 ~ weekend
17 ~ nature
18 ~ mount ski lodge
19 ~ story time
20 ~ talk
21 ~ back home
22 ~ date
23 ~ the great lady of new york
24 ~ culture week
25 ~ booths
26 ~ farkle's story
27 ~ school play
28 ~ christmas break
29 ~ birthday
30 ~ the move
spin off

epilogue

1.1K 22 4
By sebxstixnstxn13

Summer finally began and Harley was happy that the school year ended. He was finally done with his first year of high school as well as first year attending a public school.

Between his birthday and New Years and now, Harley and Maya being an official couple. Harley and Maya liked each other more than they did in the beginning. 

Harley was already happy with his new home and life and Maya agreeing to be his girlfriend just made things a million times better. 

Gabe's family had invited everyone come over for a barbecue.

Harley smiled when he saw his friends.

He took off his sunglasses when they got out of the car.

Peter was the first one at the door and he knocked. 

Grant let them in and Harley followed his family into the house and out to the back.

Riley, Maya and Farkle were already there when they got there. James, Grant and Mr. Matthews were by the grill while Elizabeth, Topanga and Katy were sitting close to the grill, just in case the guys needed them.

Harley sat down next to Maya and put his arm around her and joined the conversation.

"Hey, Harls, Peter," Justin said, "I've got four tickets to the baseball game this Saturday. Do you want to come?"

"Can we?" Peter said.

"Yeah, come," Gabe said.

"We'll have to ask our parents, but we definitely want those two tickets," Harley said.

Cassie and Lucas soon came over with their families and they joined Harley and the others and their parents joined the rest of the parents by the grill.

Fifteen minutes later, the food were ready and they all ate.

Before Harley sat down with his friends, he set his plate down and picked up his camera. He had set it on the table and he turned it on.

"What are you doing?" Gabe asked.

"This," he said. 

He took a step back and lifted his camera and pressed down the camera.

"A picture?" Maya said. "Why?"

"Why not?" Peter said.

"Because you never know," Harley shrugged. "You don't realize how important pictures are until they're all you have left."

"Yeah, we get that," Gabe nodded, referring to his siblings and himself.

Harley knew what had happened to his friend's mother. 

A year before Gabe and his family moved to New York, their mother had unfortunately passed away. She grot sick the summer before Gabe started sixth grade and unfortunately grew sicker and sicker until they lost her. 

"No amount of pictures is ever enough," Emma nodded.

Peter nodded.

"Is that why you take pictures, Harley?" Lucas wondered. "So you can remember?"

"Yeah," Harley nodded. "I would do anything to have more pictures of our dad, but we don't."

"Why not?" Farkle asked.

"He was always in pictures, but..." Peter said, "we didn't have much time with him."

Harley nodded.

"Yeah, I get that," Gabe said, bitterly.

Emma put her arm around her little brother and rubbed it reassuringly.

"Hey, do you want a picture taken of all of you together?" Topanaga asked. "I can take it?"

"Can you?" Harley asked.

Topanga smiled and took the camera from Harley sat down next to Maya and put his arm around her again and Topaganga took the picture of them.

After the photo being taken and finishing lunch, Harley took pictures of everyone, talking and laughing. He smiled as he looked through the pictures he had taken.

While he wasn't paying attention, Maya had taken a picture of him.

Harley noticed the flash on the corner of his eye.

"What are you doing, stalker?" Harley asked.

"You noticed?" she said.

"Yeah, I did," Harley smiled. 

"How?"

"Your flash went off," Harley pointed.

"Stupid flashlight," she said, bitterly.

Harley smiled and pulled Maya closer to her.

"Let me see the picture," Harley requested.

Maya showed the picture that she had taken.

"You like it, Dinosaur Boy?" Maya asked. "Is it up to your standards?"

"Surprisingly, yes," Harley nodded.

Maya smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

Harley's face turned red.

"Ha! Your face is brighter than a tomato!" she teased.

"Stop!" Harley said, pushing her gently.

"You love me," she teased him even more.

Harley rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Alright, I'm going to talk to my parents," Harley said.

"Harley, wait, no," Maya laughed as Harley walked away to Elizabeth and James.

"Having fun, kiddo?" Elizabeth said, putting her arm around her eldest son.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"Hey, you're smiling," she said.

"I've been smiling before," he pointed out.

"Not like that," Elizabeth said. "I haven't seen that smile since you were ten."

"Yeah, well... I guess I'm happier now."

"You are?" she smiled.

"Well, I made great friends," Harley pointed out, "I have you and Peter. There's James."

"You like James?"

"Yeah, he's great," Harley smiled. "Why wouldn't I? He's awesome!"

"Good," Elizabeth said, smiling. "I'm glad that you like him."

"Yeah, well, he's the closest thing I have to a dad since Dad," Harley said.

Elizabeth smiled even more. 

"Really?"

Harley nodded. 

"Well, he feels the same about you and Peter."

"He does?"

Elizabeth nodded. "He does. And I can't blame him. You and Peter are great boys."

"Thanks, Mom," Harley said. "You did great with us, Mom."

"I'm trying my best with you two," Elizabeth said.

"And it's a great job," Harley smiled.

Elizabeth smiled and kissed Harley on the cheek.

He groaned, but didn't whine.

Elizabeth reached over to the table and grabbed Harley's camera. She turned it on and turned it around for the lenses to face them.

"Come on, one more picture," Elizabeth said.

"Okay," Harley said.

Just as Elizabeth pressed down the button, Peter and James popped up from behind them and Harley couldn't help but laugh.

Authors Note

Here's the epilogue of Photograph. I hope you all enjoyed Photograph! I really appreciate you guys reading Photograph and following Harley's story.

I'm planning on writing a Farkle Minkus fanfic for those of you who're interested. Once it's up, I'll let you guys know!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 460 68
"I really thought that I had the future planned, but now I see that the future is cloudy."
166K 4.9K 32
❝ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 maya falls in love with the girl Riley determines as enemy. :: ˊˎ - ‎「 completed 」 「 maya hart x fem!oc 」 「 girl meets world 」 「...
405K 9.5K 53
winter "lollie" parker thought she knew the world but in reality it's gonna hit her like a truck [ lucas friar x fem oc ! ] girl meets world season o...
10.8K 697 11
"when am i gonna stop being great for my age and just start being good? when will it stop being cool to be quietly misunderstood?" or maya hart final...