Florida Kilos

By negreaux_dada

Marina is a single mother struggling to get by from day to day. Losing her job was another thing to add to he... More

Cast
Kinda Outta Luck
Damn You
Big Bad Wolf
You Can Be The Boss
Yayo
Put The Radio On
Scarface
Ghetto Baby
Cruel World
Dark Paradise
Million Dollar Man
My Best Days
My Best Days Cont.
Playing Dangerous
Last Girl On Earth
The Other Woman
Be My Daddy
Black Beauty
Live Or Die
Live Or Die pt. 2
Gods and Monsters
Hit and Run
Without You
Off To The Races
Off To The Races pt. 2
Ride
Paradise
Cherry
Lust For Life
Honeymoon
Honeymoon Pt. 2

Lust For Life pt.2

3.2K 107 20
By negreaux_dada

"So let me get this straight- You two get to go out and go shopping while I'm stuck paintin' pictures with the child?" Rich questioned with his arms crossed over his chest. Mary matched his stance and rolled her neck," Ain't that what she said?" Rich imitated Mary's neck roll and mumbled something under his breath.
Mary scowled at his mockery and pointed her index finger in her face," You on thin ice Rich."

"You never complained before-" I started to say until Rich interrupted," Yeah you were broke before-I wanna ball out too! Maybe I want some Gucci shoes too Marina!" His hands were resting on his hips and his head began to bobble from side to side. I rolled my eyes," It's either the surprise I'm going to give you or the gucci shoes-choose wisely."

"You really gone do me like that?" I nodded my head. He gave Mary one last glance and sighed," Aight, I'll wait for the 'surprise'-but bring me back a belt or somethin' damn." Mary turned on her heels," Mmm not with that attitude-Lets go Marina."

Mary and I grabbed our purses as we headed out the door," Bye Rich!" I waved at him, he swatted his hand and shut the door in my face. I shook my head," What an asshole." We walked away from the house and hopped in my car.

As I carefully maneuvered through Miami traffic, Mary sat in the passenger seat, glancing at me every now and then," What's up Mary?" I glanced at her and her whole body was faced towards me," So this guy that knocked you up-you really like him?-Or do you really like his money?" I furrowed my brows," Of course I like him-I wouldn't be having his baby if I didn't." Mary crossed her arms and nodded her head," And the money?"

"I never asked for it-he just gave it to me," Once we pulled into the parking lot I turned to Mary," I really do like him-more than I thought I would..." "Really?" "Yeah, he's sweet and compassionate-and the way he's with Amalita just melts my heart Mary-" "Okay, since you vouch for him-lets go spend his money!" Mary cheered as she grabbed my purse. I shook my head and laughed," You are something else."

Walking into the luxury brand mall was a new experience I never thought I'd be able to have. Everyone in there looked like supermodels, even the workers. Mary wrapped her arm around mine as we walked around, sticking out like sore thumbs," Damn I never felt so poor in my life-Why did you take us here!?" Mary questioned. "Cause I need outfits for this Bahamas trip Tony is taking me on-" "He taking you on trips already?!" Mary twisted her mouth and shifted her weight to one leg," What did you do-you put some Voodoo on that man!"

I shook my head and almost bursted out laughing at her accusations," No, I didn't do anything to him Mary." "Well whatever you did, keep doin' it-I'm tryna be like them." She pointed over to a group of model-like white women who were toting around their luxury purses and hands full of shopping bags. I turned my head to Mary," Me too."

Like kids in a candy store, we were in and out of every store. Of course we got judgmental looks because we were presumably poor black women in these luxury stores. But for once in my life, I didn't care what they thought. I let Mary grab whatever she wanted and I did the same. Once we got to the checkout counters, all I did was flash them the credit card that Tony gave me. At first, they would give us suspicious stares but they took the card nonetheless.

With all the shopping we did, we finally made it to a store that was specifically for bathing suits and such. I walked over to the area with all the one pieces and Mary was right behind me," Why are you looking at onesies," Mary placed her hand on my stomach," You're not bulging yet girl." I swatted her hand away," I know-I just feel like I'm already bloating." Mary's eyes grew big and she scoffed," Girl no, you're figure is still in tact," She held onto my hand,"now let's go look at the bikinis."

We both started scavenging through the tropical printed bikinis and matching cover ups," Ooo look at this one," She held up a lilac bikini with a dark purple and lilac marble print cover up," this will get you pregnant twice." We walked over to a full length mirror and Mary held the bikini against my body. I observed the outfit trying to picture it on myself," Yeah it is pretty cute-" "Cute?This is hot Marina!-Here, you're getting it." Mary placed the
bathing suit in my arms as we looked for more.

Hours went by as we damn near bought everything in the stores. My car was packed with bags," Do you think we did a little too much?" I asked Mary as she looked at the stuffed backseat," Naaah, I don't think we did enough!" O raised my eyebrow and turned to her," Mary?" She gave me a huge smile and laughed," I'm kidding girl-lets go before Rich has a hissy fit."

As instructed, I drove back to Rich and Mary's house. I helped Mary carry her shopping bags to the front door. Before she could unlock it, the door flew open. It was like it opened by itself until we looked down and saw Ama with a big grin," Hi mommy! Hi Mary-you're back!" She hugged my leg," Hi baby, did you have fun?" "Yeah I wanna give Tony his picture!" "Okay, let me help Mary." "Okay!" She ran back to the kitchen, where we assumed Rich was.

I took Mary's bag to their bedroom and placed them on the bed. Once we got them all, we went into the kitchen," What the hell happened in here!?" Mary questioned with arms crossed over her chest. Rich shrugged his shoulders as Ama looked up at him and smiled," We were having fun-right Lita?" "Yeah we painted pictures, then we made a cake!"
Mary and I looked at the flour covered counters and over at the pink frosted cake with sprinkles.

"Y'all want some-it was a lot work." Rich stated as he grabbed a knife and cut a piece of cake. He placed the slice on a plate and handed it to Mary. She grabbed a fork from the drawer and took a bite," Mmmm a little sweet, but it's good." Ama clapped her hands with joy," Try it mommy!" She grabbed a fork for me as Rich handed me a plate with a piece of cake on it.

I almost choked a little bit from all the sweetness,"I told Ama not to pour so much sugar," Rich handed me a glass of water," Here drink this." I took a sip of the water," Thanks Rich." He nodded his head and rubbed his hands together," Alright now where's the surprise?" "Uh uh-clean this damn kitchen first!" Mary demanded as she kept eating her cake. Rich rolled his eyes and started to run water into the sink.

"Ama, go and help Rich clean up." She did what she was told and helped him clean the dishes and the counter. As they cleaned up, I went back out to my car and grabbed Rich's 'surprise' from my glove compartment. I went back into the house and into the half-cleaned kitchen. I held the gift behind my back as Rich finally faced me," Okay Rich here's your surprise." I pulled the gift from behind my back and held it out to him.

His eyes grew wide at the wads of cash I set on the table," Damn Marina-all I needed was $5,000!" I shook my head," I know, but Tony was being a little generous I guess." Rich raised his eyebrow and walked over to the money," A little?," Rich abruptly engulfed me into a hug," Thank you Marina-tell Mr.Montana I'm truly grateful for this."

"He said it was a wedding gift from him." Mary glanced at me with wide eyes," A wedding gift?" Rich grinned over at her and took her hand," Yeah-you finally get to have the wedding you deserve baby." Mary glanced at me then back to him. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and squealed," Aaww Rich," She placed kisses all over his cheeks," I love you." "I love you too."

Mary quickly unwrapped her arms from Rich and ran over to me. She squeezed me tight in her arms," And thank you Marina." "Of course, you guys helped me so much-I had to give y'all something." Mary smiled wide at me," This is perfect," She hugged me once again," I can't wait for you to be my Made of Honor." I returned her a smile and hugged her tight," And you little lady are going to be the flower girl." Mary pointed at Ama.

Ama clapped her hands and cheered," I get to be the flower girl mommy!" She wrapped her little arms around my leg and squeezed it tight. Rich came around the table and joined in on our embrace.

After I gave Rich and Mary their gift, Ama and I drove back to Tony's mansion. When I got their, Ernie helped me unload all the shopping bags from the car and into the mansion. I was going to tell Ernie to take the bags to the guest room, but Ama was anxiously waiting to give Tony the picture she painted," Come on mommy-hurry up!" "Amalita slow down, we'll get there." Ama rushed to his office door and frantically knocked on it,"It's open!"

Ama turned the handle and darted into the room, leaving me behind," Tony the Tiger!-look!" She waved the painting in the air as she ran over to him. He didn't have time to get up from his seat as she quickly jumped into his lap," Is this my painting?" Ama nodded her head, her face full of joy. Tony studied the painting as Ama watched; waiting for a good response.

I walked over to his desk to take a peek at the painting myself. The painting was like she described; Tony was painted as a tiger in a suit placed in the green jungle. He was flexing his big tiger striped arms. On one side of him was a little princess in a dress and another taller princess on the other side," This is beautiful mane-Mira," Tony pointed at the tiger's arms," Jou gave me muscles like I asked, thank you princesa."

Tony studied the painting some more and pointed at one of the princesses," Who's dat?" "That's me and that's mommy!" "I love it mane," Tony opened up his arms and Ama enthusiastically embraced him," Thank you-I'm gonna frame it and put it on my desk." Ama smiled wide and I did the same. Tony looked closer at the painting," Did jou sign it?" Ama shook her head.

Tony rummaged through his desk and pulled out a pen," Here-jou have to sign everything you paint okay." Ama grabbed the pen," Okay!" she signed her name at the bottom of the picture and put down the pen," Jou watch out for her-we got a little Picasso y'know." Tony stated as he gazed up at me, giving me a small wink. He reached for my hand and kissed the back of it," Jou gonna stay here with me pussycat?"

"I don't know Tony, I still feel weird about everything," He placed another kiss to my hand," I just need more time to think about it." Tony nodded his head," Okay I'll give jou some time." He continued to hold onto my hand as he and Ama were going on and on about putting up more of her work around the mansion. I want to stay, but Elvira's shadow was still lingering around here and the guilt is getting to me....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 113 22
Ella, a girl from Minnesota moving down to Miami looking to seek a job she discovers an interesting taste in her boss's Life by discovering into the...
1.3K 4 22
A group of friends from South Heights come together and in the midst they find love, money, and danger in the drug game. Will they remain loyal or tu...
2.7K 98 19
READ TO FIND OUT😏
6.2K 216 22
𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱-𝐟𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜é 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲.... ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ꜱᴏ ꜱʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ... ʀᴇᴊᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ...