Serendipity & the Serpent

By serendipiteaparty

A fun twist on "The Karate Kid" where YOU are in the rivalry with Johnny Lawrence :) After the passing of you... More

Skating Through Reseda
The Altered Timeline
Confrontation
Cruel Summer
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Roots Like A Tree
Attention or Detention
Don't Rain On My Parade
Golf N' How It Goes
Welcome To The Jungle
Ferris Wheel of Fortune
The Timeline Restored
Even The Score
Feel The Night
Back and Forth
Family Matters
Think Only Tree
Beautiful Nightmare
Party With Marty
Milk Duds & Talks of Studs
Digging Two Graves
Serendipity
Full Circle
How To Dominate The Dance
The Truth
Fresh Coat of Paint
The Invisible Man
Run For Your Undead Life
Open Season
Nerve
You Had To Be A Big Shot
Can't Fight This Feeling
Dangerous Territory
Guitar Strings On My Heart Strings
The Uncle
Cracking Skulls
The Great Escape
Double Trouble
A Crash Course in Dating
The Cast & The Castaway
Honesty Is The Best Policy
Take What You Want
No Mercy
It's My Party & I'll Cry If I Want To
Open Arms
Heed the Warning
Breaking In
Under Pressure
Dear In Headlights
Past Problems & Future Endeavors
Last First Date
Preparing For Battle
Rich Solutions
When Roots Collide
The Road Not Taken
Back To The Past
Handshake Deals
Get To The Point
Wicked Intentions
Checkmate
Loving Is A Losing Game
The Eve Of Disaster
To Say Goodbye
Final Moments & Fatal Mistakes
Remnants Of Revelations
Holding Out For A Hero
Out Of Time
Sabotage & Restoration
Harmony
Any Way The Wind Blows
Back To The Future (Epilogue)
Author's Note

Date N' Skate

3.2K 112 174
By serendipiteaparty

Johnny knocked on your door that evening at 8 o'clock sharp.

When you pulled open the door, you were met face to face with a boy who's smile was practically glowing with excitement. He had an arm hidden behind his back. Before you could even question it, he quickly pulled his hand out and revealed a tiny bouquet of daisies.

"For you m'lady."

You took them with a wide grin on your face. "Wow," you exhaled, "thank you Johnny."

Just then, you felt a presence behind you. Turning to face your mother, you forced a smile. You knew your mother had been skeptical of Johnny ever since the truth was revealed about all that he had done. But she still remembered her adoration for the boy. When she spoke, she spoke hesitantly yet very regal.

"You two have fun tonight."

You mouthed the words thank you.

As you walked to his car, you admired the daisies. He saw you bring them up to your nose, and he smiled. "The other night, you had a daisy in your hand. I wasn't sure if it was your favorite flower or not but I wanted to do something nice for you. I hope it wasn't too overboard-"

"Johnny," you shut him up, "I love them."

"Good. I risked the boys almost seeing me pick flowers this afternoon."

The two of you laughed as you got in the car. Before you buckled up, Johnny took his jacket off and draped it over your shoulders. He paused, his eyes glazing over with fear. It was almost as if you could read his thoughts: was that too much? Should I have done that?

You calmed his nerves by slipping one arm through the holes at a time. You placed the daisy bouquet on the glove compartment and held your arms across your body. He blushed before turning forward and putting the keys in the ignition.
•••
The two of you arrived at Golf N' Stuff after a drive full of laughter and talking. You tried to act normal around him, how you usually would, and things seemed to be going great.

You laced up your skates by the rink as he went up to the rental desk. When they handed him his skates, he turned around to look for you, a large smile on his features. You waved your hand frantically from your seat on a bench, and he immediately looked relieved you hadn't left him.

He rushed over to you, sitting himself right next to you. Your heart did a flip when you realized how close he had been sitting, his thigh up against yours. But you didn't pull away, and neither did he.

After a few failed attempts of lacing the skates, you had to help Johnny get them on properly. Embarrassed, he brushed it off as if he really knew what he was doing. He was just a little "rusty" as he called it.

On the carpet, the two of you walked on wheels. Johnny bragged, saying how simple it was for him to walk in them. His ego began to burst.

Until you reached the wood.

You stepped onto the rink effortlessly, gliding forward. When you turned to Johnny, you saw he had one foot placed on the wood, the other stayed rooted on the carpet.

"Are you coming?" You teased.

He sighed in defeat. "I'm stuck."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

Rolling your eyes playfully, you skated toward Johnny and held out your hands. His eyes traveled from your face and down to your hands and back up again. Finally, he reached out hesitantly and placed his hands in your palms.

You began to move backward slowly, coaxing Johnny forward. The image before you looked like Bambi on ice. His legs trembled, not knowing how to move. Eyes adverted to the ground, he mumbled to himself.

The cycle continued until you got him out to the center of the rink. You continued to skate backwards, his hands in yours. His legs still wobbled, but he slowly started to get the hang of it. Still, he fumbled every now and then.

"Oh, dang it." He mumbled unfortunately.

"Hey," you snapped, "eyes up here."

Johnny immediately perked up, his eyes locked on yours. If he wanted to learn this, you needed to teach him in terms that he knew.

"When you're fighting someone, do you look at their feet?"

"No." He smiled.

You continued to pull him gently, his movements already making progress considering he wasn't so focused on succeeding. It was when he relaxed that he truly began to thrive. He had gotten so comfortable in fact, that he didn't even notice when you let go.

"You got it!"

"Don't let go of me." He laughed nervously.

"Johnny."

"What?"

You smirked wickedly before skating backwards and away from him. He stumbled over his feet trying to keep up with you. It was then that he noticed you had let go of his hand a long time ago.

He panicked. "I said don't let go of me!"

Giggling, you skated circles around him. "You said that after I already let go of you!"

Looping around him, you did some fancy spins, making him even more nervous. "It's not funny."

"You're right. It's hilarious, Johnny."

"I'm serious," he stumbled, "I have a lot to live up to." He gestured to you and rolled his eyes. Skating to his side, you looped your arm in his. "Alright, we're going to go around the rink together one time. You got that?"

"You're going to hold onto me, right?"

"Yes, Johnny. I'll hold onto you."

He let out a sigh of relief as you helped him move forward. "Slide your right foot forward... now slide the left... only pick up your opposite foot when you're ready to take another step. It's just like walking except you're not picking up your feet as much."

Johnny scoffed and mumbled under his breath. "Easier said then done."

"Stop doubting yourself. You can do this."

And that he did. After going around the rink one time, he looked as though he was invincible. His ego was surely inflated a thousand times more then it was before. He had every right to be proud of himself. Eventually, he got the hang of the movements and the two of you were going at a decent speed.

"Alright," you slowed, "let's go around again. I'll go backwards so I can watch your footwork."

"No, please don't. That's embarrassing."

You laughed and grabbed his hands again. "Come on, Lawrence."

You repeated the same cycle as before, only this time you were the one looking toward the ground. Watching Johnny attempt to skate was thrilling and exciting. It made you feel like you still had some leverage in your teasing game.

But after awhile, he got the hang of it. When you were confident enough in his movements, you peeled your eyes from the ground and back to Johnny. He was looking directly at you, his eyes full of joy.

Confidently, he grabbed your hand and held it up high, twirling you under his arm. Unfortunately for him, he was getting too arrogant with his new skill, and lost his balance in the process.

Taking you down with him.

The two of you landed next to each other on the  skate rink floor, bursting out into a fit of giggles.

"Okay," you giggled out of breath, "maybe we can work on tricks next time."

Johnny's eyebrows rose as he turned his head to look at you. "Next time, you say?"

Your laughed fizzled out, leaving the sound of your heartbeat in its place.

"Next time."

Johnny's face melted into a comfortable grin. His muscles relaxed and his eyes were brimming with longing.

"You know how the last time we were here together, we said it wasn't a date?"

His words caught you by surprise, but you nodded your head nonetheless. Johnny looked at you in silence for a few more seconds, memorizing this moment.

"It was a date."

"I know."

He cleared his throat. "And this is a date."

"Indeed it is."

"Good," he turned his eyes back to the ceiling and smiled, "I'm glad we're on the same page."
•••
It would've been wrong to leave without going on the Ferris wheel.

The two of you practically ran through the crowd. The line was short, so you got on pretty quickly.

Smiling at the familiar ride worker, she rolled her eyes. "I should've known it wouldn't be long before you two showed up again."

"Well hello to you too, Ingrid." Johnny smiled.

Laughing, you slid into the seat and Johnny followed.

When the ride started up, you cleared your throat. Johnny looked at you nervously.

"I've noticed a pattern when we're on this thing," he looked around before leaning in and whispering, "we usually have deep conversations."

"Do you want to have a deep conversation, Johnny?"

"Not necessarily, no."

"Good," you smirked, "because that's not why we're here."

Johnny's lips curled up into a mischievous smile. His arm rose from the bar and he stretched nonchalantly, letting it fall behind you. He leaned in. "Oh yeah?"

You bit your lip. "Yeah."

As he leaned in more, your smirk grew wider. You confidence surging, you spoke up again.

"We're going to discuss some rules."

He rolled his eyes and pulled back. With a satisfied grin on your face, you knew you had him cornered now.

"You're no fun, princess."

Without skipping a beat, you began. "Rule #1: no more calling me princess. It's stupid."

Acting offended, his jaw dropped. "But I only said it to annoy you."

You spoke quickly, making it impossible for him to interrupt. "And clearly it worked. Rule #2: you have to start being nice to Daniel."

He threw his head back and groaned. "Please tell me these are the only two rules, I can't take much more of this."

"Stop being so dramatic," you swatted his arm, "oh and that's Rule #3 in case you were wondering."

Johnny grimaced and brought his hands to the bridge of his nose. "So what happens if I break these rules?"

"I'm not done listing them off yet, Lawrence."

"You're kidding me." He scoffed.

"Rule #4: our game must continue."

He looked back to you, his tongue in his cheek. "Now we're talking," he leaned in, "tell me more."

You pressed your palm against his forehead and pushed him back gently. Clearing your throat, you folded your hands over the bar, sitting professionally.

"Neither one of us want to rush into this. So, in order to do that, we must act like we always have around each other."

Johnny considered this for a moment. Nodding his head slowly in agreement, he extended his hand out for you to shake it. "Deal."

"I'm not done yet."

His eyes widened in annoyance.

"Relax," you laughed, "there's only one more. Rule #5: you have to tell me when things are getting bad at home with your stepdad."

His jaw tensed as he turned his eyes forward. "That's not exactly a fair rule."

"How is that not fair? I want to help you."

He looked out over the entire property of Golf N' Stuff, his voice low. "I thought we weren't going to have a deep conversation on this Ferris wheel again."

You rolled your eyes. "It's not a deep conversation. I'm just telling you that I'm here for you."

"Well when can I be there for you?"

As he turned back to you, your eyebrows shot upward. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," he leaned in slightly, "you and your mom get along so well. Nothing bad ever seems to happen with your family, so why do you have to worry about mine? It's not fair."

You thought over his words, processing them. Sure your home life was perfect in your eyes, but there was a lot of rising turmoil Johnny didn't know about. He had no idea about your constant fear of your uncle showing up. He didn't know about the story of your father and uncle, the same one you hadn't known before moving to California. You wanted to tell him everything right then and there to settle his worries about the rule being one sided, but you couldn't. Johnny didn't want to have a deep conversation, which meant you wouldn't tell him.

For now.

"Johnny... I'm scared about something that may happen to my family very soon. When it happens, because it will, I'll come to you about it. I promise. As long as you promise to do the same for me."

He pondered the idea for a moment. When he pressed his lips into a thin line and extended his hand, your shoulders relaxed. Clasping your hand in his, you shook on the deal and settled it.
•••
As the two of you walked back to the car, laughing about Johnny casually calling the ride monitor by her first name again, Johnny slipped his hand in yours.

"I had fun tonight."

"I did too." You smiled.

He opened your car door and let you slip inside. You thanked him with a sly grin. "Aw, chivalry isn't dead."

Rolling his eyes and erupting with laughter, he walked over to his side and got in. Before he put his keys in the ignition, he turned to you and stuck a finger in the air.

"I have a rule of my own."

"Oh really," you teased, "and what is that?"

"Tomorrow, you have to come watch the boys and I practice at the dojo. I've mastered this new move called sweep-"

"But-" you interrupted. Fear lodged itself in your throat, making it difficult to form sentences. "But... but your sensei- he doesn't want me there. And frankly after last time, do you really think that's a good idea?"

His eyebrows furrowed. "Oh come on, it will be fun. Besides, I want sensei to like you, I'm determined. If you come and watch, maybe you can practice along side me and he-"

"No! I mean... no, Johnny... I don't think it's a good idea," you gulped, "I mean, your sensei didn't want me to ever step foot in that dojo again and then when I did-"

"He told you that."

As if the situation couldn't get worse, you forgot how you failed to mention to Johnny what his teacher had said to you. But it wasn't a question on his lips, it was a statement. After the Halloween dance, when you entered the Cobra Kai dojo with Mr. Miyagi and Daniel, Kreese had let it slip.

"You. I should've suspected you had something to do with this little ordeal. What did I tell you about coming back to this dojo?"

As his words echoed in your mind, you remembered how Johnny's face fell. He had no clue what Kreese had told you, and it started to come to light in that moment.

And now you had to face it again.

"He told me..." you fidgeted with your hands, "that I was too much of a distraction."

"Well, you are."

You looked to Johnny then, a small smile dancing on your lips. Johnny flashed you an embarrassed smile of his own.

"I don't care what he told you," he regained his confidence, "be there tomorrow at 3:30."
•••
You both spent the ride home making fun of each other, letting the game live on. It was all playful, and you laughed harder then you had expected. In fact, at one point, Johnny was laughing so hard he almost crashed the car.

When he pulled up outside your apartment, you looked at him as you laced your finger around the door handle.

"Are you going to start crashing here again?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "just not tonight. Things have been going well recently so..."

"That's great, Johnny. I'm glad."

His eyes traveled around your face before he cleared his throat. "Let me walk you to the door."

"Oh, no you don't have to," you laughed awkwardly, "you got me at the door before the... before the date. So."

"Right," his eyes widened in understanding, "and if I walked you back to the door afterward that would be-"

"Rushing things."

"Yes. Exactly." He gulped, the two of you staring at each other for a few more moments.

"Wow," you laughed, "I'm so glad you're just as awkward as me about this kind of thing."

"Shut up." He let out a burst of nervous laughter.

Grinning, you leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Next time you can walk me back to the door."

A deep blush overcame his face. "Next time?"

"Next time."

He nodded his head. "I can do that."

Laughing, you opened the door and stepped out onto the sidewalk. Shutting it, you thanked him before heading inside.

When you reached your door at the end of the hallway, you looked out over the open balcony. Johnny waved from his car, waiting for you to get safely inside. You waved back at him, the bouquet of daisies in your hand. You couldn't wait to put these poor things in a vase of water.

Pulling your eyes away from him, you pulled out your keys and reached to unlock the door.

But when you twisted the knob, you found it was already open.

Your heart hammered in your chest as you swallowed a restricting lump in your throat. Your mother always left the door locked when she was in the apartment alone.

Slowly, you pushed the door open and stepped inside. The kitchen light was already on, shedding light on two figures sitting at the table. You saw your mother first.

But when her sad eyes met yours, they traveled to the unknown figure, who's body-was pivoted in the other direction, the face hidden in the shadows. And when he turned around to look you in the eye with a wicked grin, your world stopped spinning.

"Honey..." your mother said hesitantly, gesturing to the man on the other side of the table, "I would like you to meet your uncle."

But the man sitting across from her was none other than John Kreese.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.1K 25
(1/3)๐Ÿฅ‹ Daniel LaRusso, a almost 16 year old teenager, has just moved from New Jersey to the sunshine state of California. Within the first two days...
230K 5K 24
enยทamยทored (v.) be filled with a feeling of love for. After the death of her father, Y/N L/N and her mom pack up and move to California, where they b...
8.9K 133 12
In which, Y/N LaRusso falls hopelessly in love with one of her brothers bullies.. Bobby Brown x reader (she/her) Completed !! (Long chapters ๐Ÿซถ) than...