Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

The Snuggly Duckling

468 18 14
By boxxieofbox

The witch practically ran out of the lab her cheeks still a dark red. Elizabeth and Rosalie looked up at the (h/c) stunned by her outburst. The alchemist came out not long after with Ruddiger around his shoulders making both girls look at him. Varian looked at both girls before rubbing the back of his neck as best as he could with Ruddiger in the way.

"U-uh, hey. It's good to see you guys." He said awkwardly and (Y/n) took a deep breath to calm herself down and grabbed her box of treats off the ground with Sunny on top of them. "O-okay, I've already taken them to see Uncle Monty-" (Y/n) said and Varian gasped. "You went to Uncle Monty's without me?" He said acting hurt making (Y/n) and Rosalie to let out a laugh.

"I did, but he gave us treats as a thank you for rock situation." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded. "Who's this?" Elizabeth asked as she extended her arm out to Ruddiger to smell her. "O-oh, this is Ruddiger." The alchemist said and Ruddiger crawled across Elizabeth's arm and went around her shoulders smelling her making her let out a soft giggle. Rosalie watched her and a blush covered her cheeks.

"Have you taken them to the meadow?" Varian asked and (Y/n) shook her head no before whispering into his ear. "Neserdnia king is already suspicious that I'm a witch. I'm not taking any chances until I know them better." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded. "There's a meadow?" Rosalie asked and the witch nodded.

"Yes, it's where I live. I was going to take you both there in a few days." (Y/n) said with a smile and Varian nodded putting his hands on his hips. "We're saving the best place in Corona for last." He said catching (Y/n) off guard. "Sapphires, you think the meadow is the best place in Corona?" She asked and he smiled at her. "Of course I do. Why wouldn't I, milady?" He asked and (Y/n) giggled. "It's official, I'm getting married in the meadow." She said and a blush covered Varian's cheeks.

"What's the meadow like?" Elizabeth asked. "It's...how do I put it? It's the one thing I had when I believed I had nothing. It's kept me alive for a long time, it gives me food, flowers, and so much more. I'm forever in debt to the land, and I love it with my entire being. I would honestly give myself up for the meadow." (Y/n) said as a soft smile spread across her cheeks as she spoke about her home. "Wow, that place is really special to you." Elizabeth said and the witch nodded. "Well, I'm excited for when you show it to us." Rosalie said and (Y/n) nodded. "You'll see how amazing the meadow is first hand soon. I promise." She said and both girls nodded.

Sunny suddenly meowed at (Y/n) and she looked next to her for a few moments staring off before a shiver ran up her spine causing her to come back to reality. "You okay?" Varian asked and (Y/n) nodded. "I'm fine. Where are we headed?" She asked and Varian thought for a moment. "Snuggly Duckling?" He asked and (Y/n) laughed.

"You wanna take them to the Snuggly Duckling on their first official day in Corona? They haven't even met Shorty yet." (Y/n) said and Varian shrugged his shoulders. "It's the Snuggly Duckling, the meadow, the palace, or the lab. Actually, not the lab. It's-" "A mess?" (Y/n) asked and Varian rolled his eyes. "It's called creative genius, thank you very much." The alchemist said defending himself and (Y/n) laughed.

"I'd like to see the Snuggly Duckling. All that we've seen of Corona is rather breathtaking, I'm sure it won't be any different." Elizabeth said and (Y/n) and Varian looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders. "Snuggly Duckling it is." Varian said and all three girls nodded. "I'm going to put these in the lab, otherwise Shorty will eat them." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded.

The witch walked through the entrance of the lab and opened her satchel. Sunny jumped off the box and rubbed against the witch's legs as she carefully placed the box inside. (Y/n) picked Sunny up in her arms and he climbed onto her shoulders rubbing his face against the mushrooms on her hat.

The witch walked outside and the group started walking towards their new destination. The young couple walked next to each other while Elizabeth was on (Y/n)'s left and Rosalie was on Varian's right.

"I'm rather curious, how did you two meet?" Rosalie asked the couple and they both looked at each other. "Oh, um, I-I found (Y/n) in the forest one night." Varian said briefly. "I was attacked by a pack of wolves and Varian saved me." (Y/n) said and the girls eyes widened.

"I-I'm sorry, I mush have heard you wrong. I could've sworn I heard you say you were attacked by a pack of wolves." Elizabeth said and (Y/n) giggled. "No, you heard me right. That was what? A year ago?" The witch asked the alchemist and he shook his head no with a laugh. "You concept of time is absolutely horrible. It's been three years at least." Varian said.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes with a smile. "I just realized something. I've known you longer than I've known Sunny." (Y/n) as she glanced down at the cat that was walking ahead of the group. "I've known you slightly longer than Ruddiger." Varian said gesturing up to the raccoon around his neck.

"Oh yeah! Ruddiger used to try and sneak into your lab all the time!" (Y/n) said with a soft laugh as she remembered how Varian used to fight with Ruddiger. "He WOULD sneak into my lab. All the time!" Varian said and all three girls laughed. "But he seems so sweet." Rosalie said petting Ruddiger. "You should see him when he's around Maximus." (Y/n) said and Varian laughed.

"Ruddiger can be surprisingly sweet sometimes, but I think Sunny is nicer." Varian said and (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders. "At least Ruddiger didn't bring you a live rat in the middle of the night." (Y/n) said glaring at said cat and he simply meowed at her and rolled his green eyes. "I see you rolling your eyes! That's rude!" The witch said causing the others to laugh.

Sunny brushed against the sign that read 'The Snuggly Duckling.' "This is it! The infamous Snuggly Duckling!" Varian said gesturing towards the pub. "The Snuggly Duckling is very important to the people of Corona. This is the first place Eugene took Rapunzel once they left her tower." The witch said explaining why it's so important.

"Wow, I bet it's lovely inside." Rosalie said and the couple looked at each other with knowing glances before leading the girls to the pub.

"Garçon! Your finest table please!" (Y/n) called out as Varian opened the door. Both girls gasp slightly at the ruffians inside as they were all frozen mid fight. "Everyone, this is Rosalie and Elizabeth." Varian introduced the girls and the ruffians all waved to the girls and they awkwardly waved back.

Sunny pushed past the girls and jumped onto the fireplace getting comfy on the mantle. "If it isn't our favorite w-" Big nose started to say and (Y/n) gave him a glare that made him start to change his sentence. "O-Our favorite young c-" He started to say again, but Lance was using his hand against his neck as a sign to cut it out. "Y-Young...uh, people?" Big nose asked not sure if he was going to have to change what he was going to say once more.

"Oh, Lance is here." Varian said and (Y/n) noticed him and waved at him with a smile. "Ha, ha! How you crazy kids doing? Mind if I borrow these two? Thanks!" He said before dragging Rosalie and Elizabeth to the other side of the pub. The couple looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders and finding a table to sit at.

Lance sat both girls down at a table which also had Catalina and Kiera already sitting at it. Rosalie and Elizabeth were facing away from (Y/n) and Varian as to not ruin what they were scheming. The sisters glanced behind the other girls to see Varian pressing a soft kiss to his girlfriends cheek. Lance sat in between the sisters and placed his head on his hands waiting for something.

"U-um, why did you need to talk to us?" Elizabeth asked and Kiera crossed her arms over her chest. "Lance told us that you both have a thing for those two." She said nodding over to the couple who were talking happily. Rosalie and Elizabeth both looked at each other before nodding. Both of them feeling a tinge of sadness that the other nodded.

"Alright, well, we're going to help you both out. Catalina, the plans." Kiera said and the red head nodded before pulling out two scrolls and handing one to each of the girls. "Kiera and I have written out a schedule for both of them. Elizabeth, (Y/n) starts her Thursday's off by checking on the toadstool ring. She starts at the entrance to the city and works her way counterclockwise. Rosalie, Varian has mainly been in his lab helping out the princess with something, there are also times where he leaves to help his dad. But I have a feeling if you find Ruddiger and bring him back to him, he'll let you stay in the lab with him and his nerd experiments." Catalina finished pointing to the first tasks on the lists.

Elizabeth picked up her list and stared at it confused. "What does it mean by 'Check bags, jars, candles, and others'?" She asked and Lance, Catalina, and Kiera all glanced at each other before Lance grabbed the scroll and quickly threw it into the fire. "It's not that important. Just find her tomorrow morning." Lance said and the girl nodded.

"How can I find Ruddiger?" Rosalie asked and the sisters smirked to each other. "Leave that to us." Kiera said before getting up and leaving the pub. Both girls watched the two leave before looking back at Lance. "Alright, I'm rooting for you guys!" He said before giving both girls a wink and going to talk with Attila.

Rosalie and Elizabeth glanced at each other before sighing. "Do you think this will work?" Elizabeth asked softly and Rosalie shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not quite sure, but they seem to know them best. Maybe we should listen to them." The princess said and both turned around to glance at the couple still talking amongst themselves.

"Liz...do you think they're talking about us?" Rosalie asked. "What if loafers were actually made from loafs of bread?" The witch asked the alchemist and he laughed. "They would fall apart rather quickly. Not the best shoes I don't think." He said making (Y/n) laugh and nod.

Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders as both stared at the two not able to hear them. . "I-I'm not sure. Maybe." She said before they both faced each other. Their faces were a lot closer than they had originally intended. Both of their cheeks flared up as they quickly turned away from each other utterly embarrassed, but secretly wishing the moment lasted slightly longer.

(Y/n) noticed what had happened and nudged Varian's shoulder gaining his attention. She nodded over to the girls and he tilted his head to the side confused. "Oh come on, Sapphs. You can't tell me you don't notice it." Varian glanced between the girls and (Y/n) a couple times before shrugging his shoulders making the witch groan.

"They like each other." (Y/n) said softly and Varian tilted his head to the side somewhat confused. "You mean as in like...like like, right?" He asked and she nodded with a smile. "Wow...I didn't really notice." Varian said and (Y/n) laughed. "Wow, you really didn't know that I liked you, huh?" She asked and he shook his head no with a soft smile. "I had no idea that you liked me."

"Should we try and help them out?" The witch asked and Varian raised a brow at her. "You're sounding like Rapunzel." He said and (Y/n) shoved his shoulder lightly. "Shut up! But seriously, what do you think?" She asked and Varian glanced at the two girls. "I saw we give it a little bit. Maybe Rapunzel will step in before we do. We should probably join them again, though." He said and (Y/n) nodded.

They both made their way over to the two girls and were about to sit down when (Y/n) caught something in the corner of her eye. "Duck!" The witch yelled ducking and Varian looked at her confused. "Milady, there isn't a duck in-" Varian was cut off by Shorty being thrown into his arms. "You meant the other kind of duck." He said and all three girls laughed. "Oh shit! What time is it?" The witch asked looking over tat the clock that read '8 Shorty Toss'.

"Right on schedule!" Shorty said and Varian quickly threw him to one of the other ruffians. Not long after all of the ruffians started fighting again. Elizabeth and Rosalie looked frightened while Varian rolled his eyes and (Y/n) cheered them on.

Shorty was thrown over to the witch and she laughed as she caught him and aimed right at Attila. "Attila! Heads up!" She yelled before throwing the old man. Shorty hit the man in the back of his helmet and the room went silent. Attila slowly faced the witch as her hands covered her mouth shocked that she had accidentally hit him.

"Attila, I-I'm so-" The witch started to apologize when Attila started laughing before tossing Shorty to Big Nose. The rest of the ruffians laughed along before continuing to fight. Varian grabbed his girlfriends arm as well as Rosalie's. The princess blushed lightly at the sudden contact with the alchemist. Rosalie grabbed onto Elizabeth's hand and pulled her along as Varian took everyone outside.

"I think that's enough excitement for one day. What do you think?" Varian asked the girls nodded. "Milady, I can take them back to the palace. It's in the same direction as Old Corona and the meadow is the opposite way." The alchemist said and (Y/n) nodded with a smile. "I'll see you guys later!" (Y/n) said giving both girls a hug and they awkwardly hugged her back. "Bye, Sapphs. Tell Quirin I say hi." The witch said hugging her boyfriend and placing a quick kiss into his cheek that the other girls didn't catch.

"Bye, be safe. Sunny, make sure she actually goes to the meadow." He said down to the cat at their feet and he nodded. "Ruddiger, make sure he goes to sleep once he gets back." (Y/n) said and he saluted at her. (Y/n) happily walked into the forest with Sunny leading her as she waved to the others as they went their separate ways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 7.5K 29
"You can't disappear for two months and comeback to ruin everything" ° ° ° Bella is about to get married to Edward. Evie helped the Cullens with the...
25.6K 691 20
Your a werewolf named Y/n L/n . You got adopted by the Ro'meave family because you were abandoned at age 5 . Your going to a new school called PDH. Y...
790K 31.2K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
31.6K 967 14
"Witches aren't all bad..." "How do you know that?" "...Because I met one" ---- I don't own tangled or tangled the series nor Varian I do not own yo...