Rooming with the Bad Boy

By chocolateluvaaxo

Being accepted into one of the best private colleges in the United States on a full scholarship was supposed... More

Rooming with the Bad Boy
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.

Sixteen.

597K 13.6K 10.8K
By chocolateluvaaxo

Chapter Sixteen –

“Do you know how much I needed this? You two know how to make me feel better more than a good ol’ tub of Ben & Jerry’s does. Whoa, Nora. That was a big statement. Think before you speak next time. Ah, this one looks good.”

I looked at the back of Nora’s very much pre-occupied figure with an amused grin on my lips and she continued to absentmindedly talk to herself while rummaging through her suffocating closet. I snapped back into focus when she turned around with a frown etched into her forehead. “Hello Ella, are you listening?”

“Hm? Oh yeah, I like that one a lot.” I answered on reflex.

Nora raised her eyebrow, and I instantly knew I was about to be caught in the act. “I asked why he wanted you to stay here until he picks you up.”

I smiled sheepishly. “Right. Um, I think he said something about wanting to pick me up the ‘traditional way’ and knock at someone’s door rather than just telling me to leave since we’re in the same room and all.”

“Oh no,” Nora groaned, dropping the blue dress that was in her grasp and pulling her hair up into a crooked pony tail, “They’re going to embarrass him.”

“Who?” I asked in confusion.

“This is the first time he’s ever really taken anyone out. He probably asked the guys for advice and they told him to do that. I’m going to call and tell him not to listen to anything they’ve told him to do.” She explained, finding her phone under two dresses she disregarded earlier.

“Wait, no!” I squeaked, jumping over the bed and grabbing the phone before she had the chance to contact him.

“What?” She asked, taking on my earlier look of confusion.

“Don’t tell him anything. I kind of want to see how this plans out.” I smirked, already liking the idea of Jackson giving Caleb dating advice.

Scarily, it was as if Nora could read my mind. “You really trust advice coming from Jackson to be Caleb’s bible for the evening?”

I shrugged and grinned, not wanting to say much on my liking towards the idea. “Speaking of Jackson, has he come to see you by any chance?”

She turned back to her wardrobe and continued to shuffle through her clothing when she responded. “Yeah, he came by this morning and sat with me until he had to go to class. He even brought me my favourite ice-cream and chips. That was thoughtful of him. I didn’t think he’d remember my favourite flavoured ice-cream. I’ve only mentioned it to him once; and it was close to when we had first met.”

“You’d be surprised what little details boys can pick up or remember.” I responded, thinking back to Caleb’s weird fetish with my underwear. “He’s actually kind of cute, isn’t he?”

“Who, Jackson?” Nora asked, turning back to me in surprise.

I nodded briefly, more interested in seeing her reaction to the comment. She frowned for a moment before looking down at the black shirt in her hands and shrugging. “I mean, I guess. I’ve never actually looked at him in that way.”

“Oh, right.” I responded, nodding in forged understanding.

“I mean, he’s kind of weird though. Don’t you think?” She spoke up, looking back up at me.

I stuck my bottom lip out and shook my head. “I don’t think so. I think he’s really cool to be around! And he’s funny. His girlfriend is going to be lucky girl.”

“Yeah.” She muttered absentmindedly, turning back to the wardrobe.

I smirked and sat back onto the bed while I waited for the wheels in her mind to continue to turn over the newly introduced topic.

“I mean, he is kind of cute. I never really picked up on it before.”

“And he’s really sweet.” I added, keeping my expression neutral so I wouldn’t give anything away.

“Jacob never really liked him.” She mumbled.

I barely heard her; but hearing his name instantly made me angry. “It’s a good thing Jackson felt the same way about Jacob then.”

“He did?” She asked, turning back to me with a look of surprise.

I nodded. “He always thought Jacob was up to no good. He just didn’t want to say anything to you in case it made you angry with him.”

“Oh.” She frowned down at the blue dress in her hands before shaking her head. “Anyway, I found it.”

I tried to hide the disappointment from her dropping the topic and focused on the item of clothing in her hands. “You want me to wear a dress again?” I groaned.

“Hey! I am going through a tough time right now and-”

And,” I cut her off, “I’m really ecstatic about wearing that dress!” I squealed with a sarcastic grin.

She glared, before throwing the dress at my face. “Put it on.”

I looked at the dress warily before looking back at her to watch her turn around.

Once a few seconds passed, she raised her eyebrows. “Did you want me to come and help you or something? Why aren’t you putting it on?”

“Aren’t you… going to turn around?” I asked in an uncertain tone.

She blinked blankly for a moment before letting out a snort. “Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were one of those kinds of people. We have the same body parts you know. But whatever you’re comfortable with…” She trailed off, beginning to turn around.

“No, I don’t care. I just thought you would’ve wanted to… Whatever, stay.” I laughed, unbuckling my jeans.

I slipped on the dress as quickly as I could and then huffed in annoyance once Nora zipped it up from the back. “It’s too tight around my chest. I can’t breathe.” I sulked, taking in a deep breath.

“It’s not my fault you were blessed with watermelons and I have like apricots. You’ll live. Now let me find that belt…”

“Nora. I can’t walk out of this room wearing this dress. Even I’m staring at my cleavage and I see myself every day!” I exclaimed, looking at my reflection. The dress was a gorgeous royal blue that clung to all the right places and complemented my figure perfectly and stopped an inch above the knee. It was perfect, but would attract way too much attention.

“You need to wear this! It’ll be like putting Caleb through multiple tests!” She explained with an excited squeal.

I raised my eyebrows and put one hand on my hip. “Do explain.”

“Well, I mean first it’ll test his sexual-”

“Stop!” I squeaked, covering my ears before she could continue.

I heard her muffled laugh so I unblocked my ears and threw a pillow at her. “Don’t talk about that!”

“Baby. Whatever, that’s test one. Test two would be if he lets you do what you want or if he’ll be protective.”

I bit my lip in thought. “I don’t think I want him to be over-the-top protective though. I should change.”

“No! This way if he does act like a lion on heat, you can set the boundaries!” She explained.

“Right.” I stretched the word, nodding slowly in agreement.

“Good. Okay I decided that you don’t need a belt because your boobs are already big enough.” Nora mentioned, kicking the few stray pieces of clothing that fell onto the floor into the wardrobe before shutting the doors. Once she was satisfied that they were closed, she jumped onto her bed and sat crossed leg before looking up at me with a sigh. “I’m so happy you two finally got together. I’ve been waiting for so long.”

I laughed and sat across from her. “I know you have. Don’t think I didn’t notice you always leaving the two of us alone all the time.”

She grinned. “It’s all part of the shipping process. So how did it happen?”

“Uh… well we talked and then he just kind of, I don’t know, it just kind of fell into place after a mini argument.” I shrugged, avoiding her gaze.

She ended up laughing, making me look back up at her. “Executed in traditional Caleb style.” She shook her head.

“It really was.” I laughed, before checking the time on my phone. “I should get ready. He’s going to be here soon.”

“Okay, go sit on my desk chair. I’ll get the brush and hairspray and you start on your makeup.” Nora ordered, getting off her bed and disappearing into her bathroom.

I walked over to her chair and lay out my makeup on her desk carefully picking out my mascara, liquid eyeliner, foundation and bronzer from the messy pile in front of me and pushing the rest to the side.

“Ella…” Nora trailed off as she emerged from the bathroom with a comb and hairspray.

“Mmmm?” I responded, blending in the foundation while looking into the round mirror hung up on the wall across from me.

“What do you think of Jackson?” She asked with a doubtful tone, pulling out knots with her fingers.

“I think he’s great. Why?” I asked, putting my foundation brush down and picking up the bronzer.

She began brushing my hair absent-mindedly. “No reason.”

“Nora.” I gave her a warning look in the mirror.

She sighed. “You’re going to think I’m a slut if I say it.”

I frowned and stopped what I was doing so that I could turn around and face her fully. “I am in absolutely no position to judge you, for one. And why would that even cross your mind?! Just tell me.”

She forced my head to turn back to the mirror and met my eyes through the reflection. “The more I think about it… I think I kind of like… him.”

I picked up my bronzer brush. “Jackson?”

She nodded while concentrating extra hard on gathering all of my hair to pull into a high ponytail.

“Why are you making it sound like it’s a bad thing?!” I exclaimed, trying not to reveal too much information about his feelings for her yet.

“I don’t know… I mean, it’s like – I don’t know, you know?” She questioned, looking stressed about the topic.

I watched as she flattened the bumps in my hair with the comb and hairspray hoping she’d elaborate more on her feelings before responding. “Nora, you’ve known the guy for how long now?”

“Two years.” She muttered, re-combing one of the bumps she had already tamed.

“Right, two years. And you both know each other inside out. If anyone thought what you think they’re going to think then they’re stupid. A lot of people don’t even realise who they’re in love with until something big happens in their life that changes their perspective on things. It took that asshole to do what he did for you to realise who you were really meant to be with!” I explained.

“No, it didn’t. I’ve never thought about Jackson in that way ev-” She stopped suddenly, her face going blank.

Knowing what she was thinking, I smirked. “Oh, but you have, haven’t you?”

She snapped out of her daze and looked at my reflection before tying up my hair tightly. “Shut up you smug little shit.” She mumbled, avoiding my gaze.

“What do you have to lose?” I asked her, ignoring her comment.

“Our friendship! What if he doesn’t even like me? Or thinks I’ve moved on too quickly? What if he thinks I’m seeing him as my rebound? Or what if he thinks-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down! There are too many ‘what if’s’ in your train of thought right now and not enough solid answers. When Caleb and I leave tonight, you call him and get him to come over. Say you want to watch a movie or something and then talk. See where it leads you.”

Nora frowned in thought. “I don’t know… shouldn’t it be him calling?”

I raised my eyebrows at her reflection again. “We’re in the 21st century. Are you really going to make that remark?”

“You’re right. I’ll take control. Who cares what anyone thinks?” She said with a determined look.

“Exactly!” I encouraged with a grin.

“I’m strangling you if this goes to shit though.” She commented with a serious expression.

I laughed and opened my mascara. “I give you my full consent to do so.”

I finished one eye as she took a step back and admired her handy work. “MAN I’M GOOD!”

“Tone down the modestly a little bit, will you?” I laughed.

“I am being truthful.” She replied, sticking her nose up.

I shook my head and packed my mascara away just as we heard a knock on the door. “He’s here!” Nora squealed in excitement, throwing a pair of black heels at me.

“No way! This dress is formal enough! I’m wearing flats!” I whispered while throwing them back, suddenly feeling queasy in the stomach.

“No! Don’t be difficult with me right now!” She whispered back, glaring while the heels landed in front of my feet again.

Another knock sounded from behind the door, sounding more urgent this time. We both turned to it briefly before I looked back at her and shook my head. “I’m not wearing them! This dress is enough!” I responded, still whispering.

“Why are we whispering?!” She asked in a whisper.

I laughed quietly. “I don’t know!”

“What the fuck is taking you so long to answer the door?!” Caleb snapped from the other side of the door.

“Sorry, give us a minute!” Nora responded, trying to muffle her giggle while pointing at the shoes in front of me. I sighed, caving in, before bending down and starting to put them on.

“I don’t have a fucking minute. Why do girls always take so long to – oh. I walked in at just the right moment. Nice ass Ella.” Caleb said from behind me.

I ignored his comment and put on the other shoe before turning around with a glare on my face, ready to tell him off. All thoughts of teaching him a lesson however went out the window as soon as I looked him up and down. He was wearing a full navy coloured suit. Complete with a bowtie and shiny black shoes. It came as such a shock to me to see him so dressed up compared to his usual leather jacket and jeans that I was at a loss of words.

Caleb, apparently, was sent into the same shocked state with me. He was staring at me with his lips slightly parted and his eyes looked glazed over. I snapped out of my own little trance once I realised where his gaze was mainly aimed at. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he blinked rapidly while my glare returned. “Stop staring at my chest!”

He stared at it for a few more moments before he met my eyes. “You’re not wearing that out.” He scowled, looking at me in anger.

“And why not?” I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest while I waited for his answer.

“Because… look at your boobs!” He exclaimed, pointing to my chest area.

I looked over at Nora for help. I agreed with him in this department; no matter how much I wanted to set the ‘you have no control over what I wear’ boundaries. “It’s not her fault she was born blessed!” She piped up, recycling her earlier words.

“Believe me, I’m not complaining about that.” He muttered in a low voice, looking me up and down again. “I just don’t want others to be feeling the way I do right now or else we’re going to have some trouble.”

“How are you feeling?” Nora asked, hiding a smug grin.

“Unholy.” He kept his eyes on me the entire time, clenching his jaw.

Nora cackled from behind me, but she sounded miles away as Caleb and I maintained eye contact.

“Okay lovebirds, snap out of it. Ella, put this on so Caleb doesn’t start 50 shades of fights with every man that blinks in your direction.” She handed me a black sheer shawl to put over my shoulders and slightly cover the exposed area before hanging my bag on my wrist. “Now, get out of my room and go have fun!” She began to shove us out of her room with as much force as she could muster up before slamming the door shut behind us.

Once we were alone in the hall, I began to turn back to Caleb to ask where we were going but was pulled into his solid torso and, before I could even register what was happening, my lips were pressed up against his. He pulled away a while later with a goofy grin on his lips. “You look breathtaking.”

“You clean up okay I guess.” I teased, straightening his bowtie.

“You know I look sexy. I saw your face five minutes ago. You were just as ready to rip this clown suit off me as I was with you.” He smirked.

I ignored his remark and instead focused on the night ahead. “Speaking of the clown suit… you’re dressed up pretty well. Does this mean we’re going to a fancy restaurant?” I asked curiously.

He wrapped his arm around my waist as we began to walk away from Nora’s room. “Not necessarily.” He answered vaguely.

“You suck.” I mumbled.

“I’m pretty sure that’s your job, actually.” He responded, smirking again.

My eyes went wide as my cheeks flamed in embarrassment. “Caleb!”

He chuckled as I shook my head with wide eyes at the comment. “I hate you. Can’t I at least get a tiny hint?” I begged.

“No. I’m not supposed to tell you. It’s ‘cheesy date code’ apparently.” Caleb replied.

“According to who?!” I asked in frustration.

“My sources.” He responded in another mysterious manner.

I gave him a flat look as we reached his car. “I wish our dorm room was this close to the car park.” I commented, walking over to the passenger side.

He unlocked it and we both slid into the car smoothly and I smiled to myself as the familiar leather smell filled my nostrils. “I’ve missed you baby.” I sighed happily, petting the dashboard in front of me.

“Fuck.” Caleb swore suddenly to himself.

“What is it?!” I asked with worry.

“Get out of the car quickly.” He told me, before getting out and slamming the door behind him.

I followed suit instantly, waiting anxiously as he came around to my side. “What’s happening?” I asked, looking around for Mr Hunter or some sort of clue to explain his sudden outburst.

“I forgot I had to open the door for you.” He spoke up, reopening the door I had just shut two seconds ago.

I tried to keep in the laugh that was threatening to escape my lips as he waited beside the door for me to get in. “Today would be great.” He snapped, glaring at my smiling face.

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek for the attempt at being a gentleman before getting into the car. “Thank you.”

“Whatever.” I heard him say as the door thudded shut beside me. He was in the driver’s seat moments later and reversing out of the parking spot, zooming out of the school grounds within a matter of seconds.

***

Caleb brought me to the most expensive restaurant in New York.

“This is way out of budget Caleb! What are we doing here?!” I hissed with wide eyes as he dragged me into the five star restaurant.

“Be quiet.” He snapped just as we reached the man standing behind the mini podium. “Name?” He asked in a calm tone.

“Hunter.” Caleb responded in the same tone.

The man looked at a book in front of him before nodding at Caleb briefly. “Mr Hunter, right this way.”

“Caleb,” I murmured in a low voice as we passed various tables. “We should leave.”

“Here you go sir. Table for two in the back as you requested.” The man stood with one hand guiding us to the table allocated to us while brown leather menus with gold writing etched onto the front were in his other hand.

“Thank you.” Caleb responded, before pulling out a seat for me to sit in. I sat in it and smiled at the man briefly, before looking over to Caleb who took the seat across from me.

Once we were properly seated, the man put a menu in front of the both of us before he began pouring champagne into the glasses next to our dinner plates. “Complimentary drinks for our guests.”

“Thank you.” I responded, nodding with a smile.

The man nodded in return and walked away, I watched him leave for a moment, before my head whipped over to Caleb, who had leaned back into the velvet seat with his hands behind his head. “What the hell were you thinking?!”

“What?” He asked, sounding bored.

“Bringing us here!” I whispered, trying to keep my voice low to match the atmosphere around me.

He sat up this time, “What? You don’t like it? Do you know how hard it is to get a reservation here? I thought you’d be excited!” He exclaimed.

A few people close to us stopped their conversations and looked over towards our table in disapproval. I waited for them to get back to their previous action before speaking up. “I am. I’m very excited. But this is too much! I would’ve been fine with movie and some Chinese food! You really didn’t have to go through this much effort.” I tried explaining calmly.

“But they said to make everything extravagant. Oh fuck.” He swore loudly, making even more people than before turn around to watch us.

“What is it now?!” I exclaimed in the same low voice, not wanting to attract more pairs of eyes.

Caleb gave me a look of regret. “Please don’t break up with me.” He managed to get out before the sound of an accordion erupted from beside me.

I turned around slowly to find four men standing in front of me in striped suits and matching hats with grins on their faces. “Hello Miss. Your boyfriend dedicates this song to you!”

“Oh.” I replied with an awkward grin, looking around the restaurant to find the entire crowd staring in our direction.

Caleb got out of his seat and cut them off just as the men began to sing and play their instruments with smiles on their faces. “Maybe another time fellas. Thanks for coming on short notice.”

“Are you sure sir? We have only just begun!” The man holding the violin asked.

Caleb nodded. “Leave.”

The men blinked at Caleb in shock for a moment before they turned back to me slowly and tilted their heads as a goodbye. I gave them an awkward wave and they all began to shuffle out of the back door of the restaurant where I briefly saw the chef stirring something on the stove.

I turned back to Caleb and opened my mouth to tell him what was going on but the man who brought us to our table appeared out of thin air. “Is everything well over here sir? Miss? Would you like to place your orders?”

“No, thank you. We’re leaving. Here.” He handed the man a $50 note and walked over to where I was sitting and pulled me into his torso. “Let’s go.”

“But sir-” The man began, looking down at the note and our empty table in confusion.

Caleb ignored the man’s call and continued walking until we were out of the building and nearing the car again. “Do you want to tell me what the hell is going on right now?! Are you trying to propose to me?!” I exclaimed in confusion, looking back at the brown and gold restaurant and his choice of outfit.

“What the fuck? Why would you think that?” He asked, frowning in confusion and anger.

I gave him a dubious look. “Were we not in the same scenario five minutes ago? You dress up really nice, open my door for me, take me to an expensive restaurant, pull out my chair, get a group of men to sing to me and – oh. Oh.” Nora’s earlier words suddenly echoed through my mind like a yodel on a mountain, and I burst into a fit of laughter.

Caleb looked at me like I just turned psychotic. “What the hell are you laughing at?”

“They – they made you do this, didn’t they?” I spoke up, before bursting out in laughter again. “Jackson and the others.”

Caleb looked down at his shoes and let out a long line of swear words. “I knew they were fucking with me.” He snarled, punching the hood of his car.

“Hey!” I breathed in between laughs, “Don’t take it out on the car!” I exclaimed, standing in between him and the piece of metal to prevent any further damage.

“Get in. Let’s just go home.” He snapped, walking over to the other side and opening his door. “Hurry up.”

“Wait, Caleb. This can’t be it!” I responded, opening my door and getting in. “Come on. I’m sorry for laughing.” I said in a serious tone, swallowing anymore laughter that wanted to escape.

“Whatever. We’re going back to the dorm.”

“No! No, come on. We’ll do something else!” I suggested with a cheery smile, trying to lighten up his mood.

“No, I want to go back so I can strangle them all personally. They know how nervous I was for this.” He spoke to himself, turning the key in the ignition.

“Why were you nervous?” I asked, keeping my eyes on him.

“Because.” He responded snippily.

I crossed my arms. “Because what?”

“Because I’ve never been on one of these stupid things before and didn’t want to fuck it up with you. Too late now. Fucking pricks.” He turned onto the main road and kept his gaze concentrated on the car in front of him.

A huge grin lifted my lips up to my ears at his words and I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “It was cute. Definitely not fucked up at all. They gave you the right concept…” I trailed off.

“No they didn’t.”

“I have an idea. Why don’t you do what you think is the ideal date? Right now.” I suggested.

Caleb turned to me. “Really? You want to know what my ideal date is?” He asked.

I nodded, and then grasped onto the dashboard in front of me as he suddenly pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the car. “What are you doing?” I asked, regaining my balance as I watched him take his seatbelt off and push his seat back.

He smirked and patted his lap. “Climb on.”

I looked at his lap for a few moments before his implication finally registered. I looked back up at him with an amused  glare. “Sitting on your lap and making out is not a real date. You might get that after the date, depending on how well you do tonight though.”

His smirk turned into a hopeful look. “Are you serious? Don’t put that kind of pressure on me. Now I’m nervous.”

I laughed and punched the side of his arm. “Shut up and start the car again.”

“I’m going to be pissed if your words end up being a lie.” He warned, glaring at me as he turned the car back on.

I put my hand up and put the other on my chest. “Scouts honour. If you live up to my expectations, you will get your dream date.” I laughed.

He smirked arrogantly before he looked forward and began driving. “You underestimate how well I know you.”

“Do I?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He nodded and a few minutes later, we pulled into a McDonalds. “Crap.” I muttered.

Caleb came around and opened my door with the same arrogant expression plastered onto his face. “After you my lady.”

I got out of the car and glared up at him. “No need to rub it in. I get it. Go back to being sulky Caleb.”

He bent down slightly and pulled me in for a long kiss on the lips, before pulling away with a smug smile. “This Caleb gets more action. I’ll stay as smug Caleb more often.”

“Mhm. We’ll see from now on.” I responded. I turned around and began to walk towards the only restaurant that mattered before I felt a sting go up my rear end.

I squeaked in shock and turned around with wide eyes to find Caleb laughing at my reaction. “It gets better every time.”

“Asshole!” I scowled, punching his chest.

“I mean… if that’s what you’re into…” He trailed off, quickly shielding himself as my eyes went wide and I went to punch him again.

“Go order my burgers.” I huffed as we entered the infamous fast food joint.

He mock saluted me, before placing a quick kiss on my lips. “Yes ma’am.”

---

Hi guys! How are you all?

Gif at the top is my ultimate girl crush and also hair po rn omg heart eyes

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you to alllllllllllllllllllllllll of you for the supportive messages on the previous chapter. I really appreciated every single one of them and I’m sorry I couldn’t reply to them all. I love you guys so much omg I honestly don’t know how I’d feel without you all in my life omg xoxoxoxo.

Also I couldn’t stop laughing because almost every comment associated with ‘Harry’ included the world ‘Styles’ HAHAHA! You guys made me laugh :’) Sorry for the long wait, I’ve been super busy.

What did you think of this chapter? Its soooooooo long so I hope that made up for the wait. Also kind of rushed because it’s now 3am &&&&& I have no clue what is in this chapter anymore LOL. I was meant to be listening to my lectures for tomorrow’s class but started to write this because her voice almost put me to sleep *cries forever*

Follow my twitter!!! @Chocolateluvaax

So I’ll dedicate this one to Hazzas_obsession for making me laugh the most last chapter and also for commenting on almost every chapter I’ve uploaded for this story!

Vote/Comment/Fan if you deem it worthy enough!

Thanks for reading lovelies! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
14.4K 483 35
Ella Castro is moving from New York to Texas and its her senior year of high school. She is kinda like a a good girl. But the only thing that makes...
7.8K 6.2K 50
"You're the apple to my eye." He winked. I playfully rolled my eyes. I giggled at that. The fact that I've been stuffing apples in his mouth for quit...
509K 12.1K 60
Meet Kayla she is smart very beautiful and a more nerdy type of girl, she just moved to Brooklyn from Florida. After her mom died she has been throug...