Seventeen.

^^^ Just because baeeeeeee ♥ 

Chapter Seventeen –

A few weeks went by and as autumn passed and winter started set a frosty chill in the atmosphere around us, we were all beginning to lose our minds.

“It’s been months since we’ve gone out as a group! The last time we did a thing together was when we went to D2 – and even that was ruined thanks to your PMS Caleb.” Nora frowned, pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

“Shut up.” Caleb scowled in response, glaring.

“Nora, we’ve had exams and… other things… happen between then and now. We couldn’t go.” Harry pointed out with a grimace.

Nora puffed out in annoyance. “Yeah, okay. Shit happened, we’ve all moved on. Let’s go out tonight!” She squealed in excitement.

“Nora… it’s Tuesday…” I trailed off, feeling guilty that everyone has shut her down so far.

“So?! Haven’t you heard that song?”

I looked around for help from the group before looking back at her in amusement. “Uh… no?”

“Ugh, you guys are so boring. Why am I even friends with you all?” She spoke to herself, before taking her phone out of her pocket and swiping the screen.

“How about we go see a movie or something?” Jackson spoke up.

Everyone turned to him in shock, but it was Leila who spoke what we were all thinking. “When did you get here? You weren’t here like two minutes ago, I swear.”

“I just came.” Jackson responded, shrugging his bag off his shoulder.

“Then how did you know what we were talking about…” She trailed off, giving him a suspicious glare.

He just laughed, before reaching over to Nora’s tray and snatching the apple that was on it. “Hey!” Nora exclaimed, glaring at him playfully.

He took a bite of the apple and gave her a toothy grin before looking at the rest of the group. “So, movies?”

“Yeah, whatever. I’m up for that.” Harry shrugged.

“I am as well!” Leila chirped in excitedly.

Linda and Portia nodded in confirmation and then all eyes turned to where Caleb and I were sitting.

“Well? Are you love birds in?” Nora asked, already grinning from the response the group was giving.

“No.” Caleb responded.

I looked up at him and glared. “Yes.”

“Woo!” Nora cheered.

“No.” Caleb repeated.

“Okay.” I sighed, looking back at the rest of the group. “It looks like Caleb isn’t joining us.”

“What?! You’re not either!” He exclaimed, looking down at me in disbelief.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I raised my eyebrows, waiting for his reply.

“Because we already have plans.” He looked up at Nora when he said this, as if he had to confirm with her instead of me.

I cleared my throat, and he turned his attention back to me. “We do, do we? What are these plans again?”

Caleb opened his mouth to respond but Nora beat him to it. “Oh shush Caleb. I know you’re making up an excuse because you want Ella all to yourself. She’s coming, whether you join us or not.”