Playing With Fire (Sebastian...

By AlwaysSeb

The 2021 season ended with the tragic loss of one of Formula W's brightest stars. The racing world had been l... More

Prologue
1. Flashback (1)
2. Flashback (2 )
3. Flashback (3)
4. Reunited
5. Conflicted
6. Flashback (4)
7. Getting the Team Back Together
Formula W Drivers
Formula 1 Drivers
F1 and FW Calendars
8. Always on His Mind
Australian Grand Prix
Bahrain Grand Prix
Emilia Romagna Grand Prix
9. The Pain in Spain
10. Guess Who's Back Bitches
Spanish Grand Prix
Monaco Grand Prix
11. Time to Let Go?
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
12. Face to Face
Canadian Grand Prix
13. An Unexpected Ally
14. Miami Heat
Miami Grand Prix
Austrian Grand Prix
16. Intervention
17. Cursed
British Grand Prix
Hungarian Grand Prix
18. Fall From Grace (1)
19. Fall From Grace (2)
20. Fall From Grace (3)
21. Everything She Needed
22. First Steps To Recovery
23. Summer's End
24. Back to It
25. Savage
26. Rashford's Return
Belgian Grand Prix
27. Collision Course
Netherlands Grand Prix
28. The Waiting Game
29. Recovery
Italian Grand Prix
30. Saturday
31. Rumours
German Grand Prix
32. Together
33. Shaken
Singapore Grand Prix
Japanese Grand Prix
34. The Announcement
United States Grand Prix
35. The Argument
36. An Uneasy Truce
Mexican Grand Prix
37. Decision to Make
38. A Little Bit of TLC
Brazilian Grand Prix
39. Time To Think
40. A Decision Not Took Lightly
Malaysian Grand Prix
Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
41. What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
42. Bowing Out in Style
43. For Old Time's Sake
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
44. Presentation Night
Epilogue
To Be Continued...

15. A Step Too Far

1K 37 2
By AlwaysSeb

"I'm done Sophia. She has made it perfectly clear that all she wants from me is sex. She was quite adamant that she no longer loves me."

Sophia stared across the table at Seb. 

"She's lying.  Can't you see it?  She's scared. I know she loves you Seb.  Please don't give up," Sophia pleaded.

He shook his head. "Im sorry, but I can't handle this.  I've spent the last 18 months desperate for her.  My heart has been broken, battered and bruised.  I can't keep on like this.  I love her, the old her.  This Mollie,  I don't even know her.  She's cold and she's cruel.  Not the warm, loving Mollie I loved.  I'm done Sophia. I'm not being her plaything."

Sophia sighed. She'd been afraid of this.  Seb was right. Mollie wasn't the Mollie she'd been before.  There was something really wrong.  In fact she was here at the restaurant in Austria waiting for Ash to arrive.  She'd bumped into Seb by coincidence.  She wanted to speak to Ash about her concerns. He spent more time with Mollie than anyone.  He'd know if there was a problem. 

Seb stood up. "Take care Sophia. Good luck for your race."  He walked off,passing Ash who'd just arrived.

Ash sat down in the seat Seb had vacated.

"Sophia, what can I do for you?" he asked. 

"We need to talk about Mollie. Ash, what's going on? She's not right.  She doesn't socialise.  She's pushed Seb away. "

Ash sighed.  "I was afraid this might happen. I did wonder if she was ready to return but she insisted she was ok.  She's drinking again Soph. Not on a race weekend. Well,  not until after she's raced. But since Miami she's been drunk three times. It's affecting her training. The way she's carrying on she'll be lucky to finish the season."

"Again? She's had a drink problem?"

Ash didn't want to betray Mollie's confidence, but he knew Sophia only wanted what was best for her.

"She got in touch with me about a year ago.  She was drinking far too much.  And Sophia, she was having suicidal thoughts. I went to her and we talked.  I poured her vodka stash away and I thought she was getting better. Until recently."

"Jesus, I didn't realise she'd been that bad."

"You know Mollie. She acts all happy, even when she's not."

"What can we do?"

"There's not a lot we can do. She's not drinking until after the race and her down time is her own.  If it starts affecting her racing then I'm sure the team will be on it.  We just have to be there for her.  Offer her all the support we can.  It must be hard for her.  Elena's death hit her hard. Really hard."

"I just want to help her."

"We all do Soph. But first she has to admit she has a problem."

He reached out and took Sophia's hand in his.

"She'll be ok Soph, she's Mollie bloody Rashford."

His words were confident. His tone of voice wasn't. What if Mollie wasn't ok? Sophia thought.  They both fell silent, deeply worried about their friend.

                                 ***

Seb hadn't wanted to go out but the team had dragged him  to a club. It was his 36th birthday the following day and they were adamant they were marking the occasion. It was also a celebration as he had returned to winning ways earlier that day.

A few hours into the evening he noticed the last person he wanted to see. Mollie had just turned up with Will, Luca, Carlos and Charles, plus several Thorne mechanics. She looked as sexy as ever in black skinny jeans and an off the shoulder red top.

"Still no luck with the lovely Miss Rashford," Lance asked, appearing at his side.

"No, I've given up. It's over. I've accepted that now."

"Seb, I'm sorry mate."

"Thanks Lance."

He watched as she started downing shots with Luca. He missed her so bloody much but this was for the best. He couldn't take any more. It was time to put her in the past.

***

Mollie had already had a few drinks before meeting the guys. It helped her relax. It had been another disappointing weekend. Despite her telling Lily in Miami that she'd be back on the top step of the podium in Austria, she'd failed, finishing in fourth place. Sophia had won and Mollie was happy for her but she just felt like everything was falling apart.

The Ferrari drivers had joined them in the first bar they'd been in. They were a good laugh. She kept catching Carlos eyeing her up. And of course Will was too. Things had been awkward since he'd kissed her, but he seemed more like the old Will tonight. A few drinks had relaxed them all.

Luca arrived back from the bar with a tray of shots.

"Help yourself chick," he said. She laughed and knocked back two. She glanced around to see if she recognised anyone. She found a familiar pair of blue eyes watching her. Of course he had to be here didn't he?

She hadn't heard a word from him since their hook up in Miami. Perhaps he'd got the message. She knocked back another shot. She really must slow down. Her head was beginning to spin. She took a seat next to Will.

"You ok?" he said,loudly so to be heard above the music.

"Yeah fine Will."

"Seb's watching you."

"I know."

"Are you getting back with him?"

"No."

"Do I stand a chance?"

She gave a small laugh.

"Will, I love you to bits. But like a brother. I'm really sorry but it's not going to happen."

He smiled regretfully. He'd already figured as much.

"Let's play dares!" cried Luca. They all cheered.

"Ok I dare you Luca to dance on the table shirtless," Mollie said. He laughed and stripped his shirt off, climbed up on the table and started twerking, much to everyone's amusement.

He jumped down. "Ok, Charles I dare you to go and get a selfie with the DJ."

"That's too easy,"bragged the Monagasque, but he went off and returned with the picture on his phone.

"I dare Will to ask that fit bartender for her number," Charles said. Will grinned and headed straight over to the bar. He soon had the blonde's number scribbled on the back of a beer mat.

He grinned at Seb as he passed him, Seb just glared back.

Will sat down and looked at the remaining members of the group. Who hadn't done a dare? Carlos or Mollie.

"Mollie,I dare you to snog Carlos for 30 seconds."

Charles and Luca started cheering.

"Go on Mols," Luca encouraged her. She knew she shouldn't. She knew this was a cruel thing to do. Seb would surely see.

"Are you a pussy Mols?" Will said. He'd suggested this dare because he knew it would piss Seb off.

"Is this the first dare you've failed?" Luca asked.

Mollie downed another shot. She turned towards Carlos, who was sat next to her and kissed him. He kissed her back, slipping his tongue into her mouth. She could hear the others counting down from thirty. She couldn't wait for it to be over. No offence to Carlos, but she wasn't attracted to him at all.

Finally she heard Luca call out that the time was up. She pulled away from the Spaniard. Her eyes automatically went to Seb. Had he seen?

He was glaring at her with a hurt expression. He'd definitely seen. She jumped up and headed over to him.

"Seb, it's not what you think."

"Mollie, I don't give a fuck. You are free to do what you like. You've made it clear I'm nothing to you."

"Please Seb, I was a little harsh. I'm sorry. I'd hoped we could repeat Miami."

"Really Mols? You must be joking. If you wanna be someone's whore than I'm sure Carlos, or Will, would jump at the chance. I'm done with you." He stood up and walked out, leaving her standing there, bewildered.

As he exited the club he noticed the clock on the wall. It had passed midnight.

"Happy fucking Birthday Seb!" he said , bitterly.

How could she? How could she kiss Carlos like that in front of him? The old Mollie would never have been so cruel. She'd gone too far. His heart was breaking all over again. He knew he'd said they were done but his heart wasn't listening. His heart wanted Mollie Rashford, and there was nothing his head could do about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.2K 40
Callie - Canadian, Awkward, Stubborn, Needs a Nap Daniel - Australian, Overconfident, Easy going, Life Goes 200 Miles a Minute They're different but...
701K 25.6K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
28.3K 2.6K 31
In a deal marriage two people ended up giving their dil to each other. To know more about their journey from their Deal to Dil just peep inside the s...
129K 2.6K 47
" Tell me your name..." he asks softly his eyes scrutinizing her smaller figure. "My name is Bella..." the lady replies shyly biting her lower lip. "...