ONE WISH - [성훈]

By ksndrafts

" 𝗛𝗲𝘆 , 𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 . 𝗗𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺 ? " The girl nodded an... More

1 | origami
2 | her unique charm
3 | unexpected incident
4 | ice rink
5 | famous cafe
6 | protecting for goods
7 | a spice of drama
8 | rain of memories
9 | exchanged gifts
10 | magic soul
11 | left or right
12 | airplanes
13 | red disease
14 | a work of vain
15 | last minute participation
16 | jealousy incarnate
17 | tearing past
18 | a fairytale story
19 | sudden recognation
20 | cherry blossoms tree
21 | a bucket of memories
22 | treasure capsule
23 | love formula
24 | rainy day
25 | selfess love
26 | a wide field
27 | dying self
28 | late decision & wrong timing
30 | hardest endgame

29 | living underwater

8.1K 702 997
By ksndrafts

— 4 months afterwards —

Hanee stared out the window, watching the birds fly accompanied by the marching clouds .

She really misses to go out and enjoy the fresh water and sunlight but her circumstances do not allow it .

She has been in the hospital for almost three months. She’s sick of medical check-ups, medications and various needles poking her .

"Do you feel better?"  Heeseung approached Hanee with a pastry box.  He placed the pastry box on the table and gently stroked Hanee's hair .

Hanee hummed ,
"Where did you go? "

"To find you this"
Heeseung grinned proudly while showing the pastry box to Hanee .

Hanee's lips formed a smile , tears suddenly dripped from her eyes and flowed down her cheeks .

"Thank you, Heeseung. Thank you for taking care of me even though I feel like a burden"

Heeseung softly smiled ,
" You don't have to be thankful.  Aren't you my lovely little sister ?"

He pinched Hanee's nose as both of them chuckled.  Heeseung treats and takes care of Hanee as if Hanee is his little sister .

They managed to spend a month, walking around interesting places in Seoul.  Heeseung also took Hanee and his family to Jeju Island for a four -day three -night vacation.  They all spend precious time together .

Hanee's face then changed when she felt something sting in her heart.  It is very painful .

She frowned as her right hand reached for her chest , hoping the pains will disappear .

Heeseung lowered his gaze, he saw Hanee languishing every day and it made Heeseung's heart torn .

But he forces his lips to smile, Heeseung holds Hanee's shoulder and squeeze it "Promise me that you will be healed"

Hanee weakly nodded ,
"I also want to live. There are still a lot of things I haven't done"

"If you recover, I will take you to Jeju again" Heeseung said, trying to cheer up and at the same time give Hanee light to survive .

Hanee's eyes lit up , she extended her pinky finger to Heeseung .
"Promise ?"

Heeseung laughed as he connected their fingers together ,
"Promise"

He ruffled Hanee's hair and laugh at her cute action . Just as Haru is a good older sister to Hanee, Heeseung also wants to be a good older brother to Hanee .

He wants to take care of Hanee, continuing what Haru left behind . Heeseung knows that Haru really loves Hanee .

"Heeseung ..."
Hanee snapped Heeseung from his deep thought . Heeseung hummed as response , waiting for Hanee to talk .

"Let's say I meet Haru , do you have a message that I want to convey to Haru ?"

Heeseung's smile dropped as his heart sink hearing that kind of words from Hanee . He began to feel uneasy .

"Why do you say the impossible"

Hanee bit her bottom lips ,
"I feel like she is very close to me now"

She changed her gaze outside the window again "I think she's waiting for me"

Heeseung shut his mouth , if he speaks, his tears may fall . He doesn't want to look weak in front of Hanee, he wants to be a cheerful person so Hanee will feel happy throughout the treatment .

"Tell her i miss her so much"

"And she's the only girl i love ever since now and forever , my love for her will never change"

Hanee gave Heeseung a warm smile , she took Heeseung's hand and hold it tight .

"Okay , I will deliver it if i has the opportunity"

_

"GIVE US A WAY , THIS IS AN EMERGENCY !!"

"Doctor , help !"
Jay screamed while pushing Jake on the wheelchair as Sunghoon tailed from behind .

A nurse approached the three men worriedly "What can I help you with?"

"My friend got sick after eating the food he cooked !!” Jay pointed his finger at Sunghoon as the boy flinched .

"YEAH CAUSE TODAY IS YOUR TURN TO COOK AND YOU COOK STEW THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A STEW"

"I FOLLOW THE WAY ONE BY ONE THROUGH THE INTERNET"

"IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN IF YOU ASK ME HOW"

"Are you blaming me now ? He might be sick of sharing food with Layla" Sunghoon defended himself .

"AAARGHH STAWPTHH— MY STOMACH IS VERY SICK, IT FEELS LIKE I WANT TO GIVE BIRTH"
Jake yelled his lungs out causing everyone to look at him .

"I'll take you for a check up" the nurse held the wheelchair and pushed him into a room .

"DON'T INJECT ME WITH A NEEDLE!"
Jake shouted as he rocked the wheelchair so that the nurse would stop pushing him .

"OH GOSH , STOP SHAKING THIS WHEELCHAIR !"
The nurse yell .

"I'M SCARED OF NEEDLESSSSSS"

"LAYLA , SAVE YOUR DADDY NOWWWW"

Sunghoon and Jay sighed , watching their friend screaming like crazy . They sat in the waiting area and let out a sigh of relief .

"This is what would happen if three single men lived together" Jay rubbed his temple .

Sunghoon chuckled and agreed with Jay "Our apartment is such a huge mess"

"I hope Layla didn't poop since we left her alone there" Jay pursed his lips a bit .

He then looked at Sunghoon , his friend looks calm even though his soul is being shattered now .

Sunghoon pretended to be okay even he actually wasn't.  Losing Hanee into the other man's embrac left a huge hole in Sunghoon's heart .

"Do you still hope Hanee will love you again?"

Sunghoon stopped scrolling his phone , he was stunned all of the sudden . He forced a smile on his lips ,
"I hope the destiny let us meet"

"Even once , i want to meet her for the last time then i will try to move on from her"

"I will let her be happy with Heeseung"

Jay hummed as response ,
"I want to buy food, do you want anything ?"

"One iced coffee for me"
Sunghoon replied.

Jay stood up from the chair and left Sunghoon alone , heading to the food store .

Sunghoon leaned his back to the chair , taking a deep breath . His eyes were then glued to a figure he recognized .

"Heeseung ?" He looked at the man who was running in a rush, he looked very nervous .

Seeing the man he believed snatched Hanee from him, Sunghoon huffed .

"Dammit" he muttered

-

"Now , where is Jake's room ?"
Sunghoon looks around the hospital, he can't believe that Jay followed Jake to his room and left him alone in the waiting area .

"Jay said room number 690..."
He walked while shoving his hands in his pockets .

When he almost reaches Jake's room, someone comes out of the next room and surprises Sunghoon .

He looked very weak, his cheeks filled with the remnants of tears . The two of them looked at each other .

"We haven't seen each other in a long time, Sunghoon"
Heeseung forced a smile on his lips even though his heart was breaking .

Sunghoon scoffed ,
"Don't act like we're close"

He peeked inside the room since the door is open , he saw a woman lying on the bed but he didn't know who .

Heeseung immediately closed the door "Did you come to visit someone?"

"Yeah, my friend is in the next room.  How about you?  I saw a woman inside" Sunghoon uttered .

"My younger sister"
He said while smiling .

Sunghoon's lips formed an 'o', he didn't know that Heeseung had a little sister.  "Okay, then I'll go first"

Seeing Sunghoon walk away makes Heeseung fight with himself.  He wants Sunghoon to know that Hanee is in this room because until now Hanee still loves Sunghoon .

But Hanee didn't allow Heeseung to tell anyone about her illness, Hanee also told every heartache she faced because of Sunghoon.  Heeseung is very mad at Sunghoon for hurting Hanee .

"Don't you want to see my little sister ?" Heeseung's words make Sunghoon's steps stopped .

He stood right infront of Jake's room as his hand almost reach for the doorknob .

"I don't know who your little sister is and I'm not interested in knowing"

"Is your girlfriend inside with your little sister?” He asked .

Heeseung frowned and pointed at himself "My girlfriend ?"

"Yeah , i saw you and Hanee left her apartment complex four months ago . The lady next door said she lived with her boyfriend which mean you"

"So how does it feel to receive love, attention and affection from her?" Sunghoon uttered causing wrinkles on Heeseung's face .

"You must be so happy, I envy you. I also hope to receive all that from her" Sunghoon continued .

"You must have misunderstood" Heeseung cut him off .

"The one and only man she loves is you, it's always you"

"Me and her are just like siblings" Heeseung said .

Sunghoon paused for a while , trying to process everything .
"Siblings ?"

Heeseung rubbed his face in frustration , he opened the door of Hanee's room wide and stepped aside, giving way for Sunghoon to enter
"Try to enter and see my little sister"

Sunghoon was a bit hesitant at first but he kept going into the room. After Sunghoon entered, Heeseung closed the door and leaned against the door .

Her slowly fell on his knees as tears flowed from his eyes.  Heeseung closed his eyes tightly

"Sorry, Haru. I wish I could take care of Hanee forever just like you did but I failed..."

-

Sunghoon enters the room and approaches the girl, there is a respirator connected on her mouth . Somehow his heart was beating very anxiously .

"Heeseung , my abdomen—"
Hanee's words were cut off when she made eye contact with Sunghoon .

Tears began to flow down Sunghoon's cheeks "Why did you keep this a secret from me?"

"Do you know that I miss you so much?  I regret every mistake I made"

Hanee closed her eyes , trying to not look at Sunghoon's eyes .
"How can you be here? "

"Get out ,"

Sunghoon shook his head , he approaches Hanee and took her hand .

He placed her palm on his own cheek , enjoy the touch and warmth that he longs for .

Sunghoon shut his eyes causing tears to fall down his cheeks "I'm sorry for being selfless"

"But i want you to know that i care about you"

Sunghoon fixed his body as he cupped Hanee's cheeks , he stared at her brown orbs with full admiration . A pair of beautiful eyes that has never failed to allure him .

"I might sounds selfish right now .. but ..."

He bit his bottom lips ,
"Jake loves you , Hanee"

"And knowing that made my heart hurts . Because of what ? Well , i love both . You and him"

"He is my friend , he is always there whenever i need him"

"And you're my first love"

"The fact that both of us liking the same person is so hilarious , you know .."

Hanee looked at him , she could already feel droplets of water soaking on her cheeks .

Sunghoon continued ,
"I'm sorry for always trying to push away .."

"I acted like it wasn't a big deal for me but it actually breaking my heart a lot"

"I fell in love with you the day that I met you, and then I fell in love with the person you remembered you are. I got to fall in love with you twice. That’s magic."

" You’re the first thing I’ve believed in since... I don’t even remember, okay . you’re movies and destiny and every stupid, impossible thing, and it’s not because of the sympathy , it’s because of you. It’s because you fight and you care and you’re always kind but never easy, and you won’t let anything take that away from you. You’re my love , Hanee. I don’t care if you think you’re not one"

"You are the one"

"You are"

Sunghoon cleared his throat , he suddenly pulled Hanee into his embrace as he rested his chin on her shoulder .

"I love you , Jung Hanee . I love you so much" He whispered in a deep voice .

Hanee couldn't help but burst into tears "You're hurting me , Sunghoon"

"I can't do this anymore , please just let me go" she cried . She thought of everything she had going through .

"Don't make it harder than it already is"

Sunghoon squeeze her tighter  ,
"Hanee , you need help . Let me help you . Don't do this to yourself"

"Just talk to me , please"

Hanee groaned , she pushed Sunghoon away from her .
"There's nothing you can do , Sunghoon !"

She touched her chest , patting it aggressively .
"I felt very drowned even i'm not living underwater "

"I felt so suffocated , something is scratching my inner self"

"No one understand how hurt i am , mentally and physically for months !"

"I felt like the universe is slowly sucking my energy , i felt really tired day by day"

"Every part of my body screamed for me to bury myself to end this pain quick"

"But i don't know what hurt the most ,The pain given from the universe or the pain you gave me"

"Leave me alone , it's better this way"

Sunghoon shook his head , pulling Hanee into his embrace again .
"I'm sorry , Hanee "

His breath is hitching , he hate himself for being such a coward . He hates himself who puts others before his self .  He hates himself for not fighting for his love and letting misunderstandings and suspicions haunt him .

He broke the hug and hold Hanee's chin "I love you , origami girl".

He pressed his lips on her forehead ,
"I can't just sit by and do nothing when you're suffering "

"I don't want to lose you"

"You're my precious star , don't leave me just like the star left that boy" He whispered .

He remembered the story Hanee once told him , A Boy and A Star . The star left the boy at the end .

And Sunghoon didn't want to lose his star , Hanee . "I don't want to be like him"

"I love you"

Hanee's heart softened when she heard those eight letters from Sunghoon's lips .

She felt the burden and the pain of her heart disappear in the blink of an eye.  She found a purpose to keep breathing .

"I don't want to lose you too , Sunghoon"

"I love you too"
She cried , as loud as she can . She can't handle her feelings now , everything is messed up .

Sunghoon pulled her into a hug again as Hanee tucked her face in his chest , crying .

He knew he hugged her so many times today but he really don't want to let her go .

Something makes him want to keep her in his embrace everyday .

"You're not leaving , are you ?"
Hanee whispered to Sunghoon as her voice cracked a bit .

Sunghoon hummed , tightened his grip on Hanee .
"I'm not going anywhere"

"I love you so much , please don't leave me"

"Sunghoon , please stay with me . It's hurts " Hanee said , sobbing .

Sunghoon looked down , connected his eyes with hers and smiled . He slowly wiped Hanee's tears using his thumbs .

"I will not going to leave you this time..."

"I love you , please stay with me"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 71 12
His attitude is way too far from the sunflower that symbolizes cheerfulness.
181K 18.6K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...