Ice Cold

By InvisibleLantern

Shouto Todoroki x [Female] Reader ••• Ice cold. An adjective often used for the one and only Y/N, a young gir... More

Before we do anything...
Prologue
The Big Three
An Outing
Entrance Exams
The First Day
Hero Basic Training
Different
USJ
The World of Pros
The Sports Festival Begins!
Obstacle Course
Cavalry Battle
Gifted
Big Sister
Emotionless
Suspicions
Hosu
The Final Exams
Shouto
The Training Camp
Training
Vanguard Action Squad
Rescue
Breaking Free
Smile
Symbol of Peace
UA Dorms
Missing
Neglecting
Redemption
Fight
Recover
Memories Lost in Time
Pre-Exam
Provisional License Exams
Room Presentation
The Fears that Hold Us
Fire
Fault
Traitor
Christmas Special
Power of a Quirk
Emotions
Past
Bullets
Habits
Quirks: A Gift and a Curse
Heroes Cry
Shie Hassaikai
Unrivalled
Pain
Tears
A Reason to Stay
Remedial Exams
The School Festival
Hobbies
The Past
Open Up
Guilt
Fighting Against Memories
Connections
Enchanting
Aster
A Familiar Face
One
Trust
A Feeling
Unready Bodies
The Past Never Dies
Vie
Lies
Family Ties
Morals
Return
The UA Traitor
Class 1A
Crush
Forget
Battle
Brothers
Redeemable
Puppet
Grow
Breaking
Unhealed Wounds
Words
Tears
Soulmates
Guidance
The Dead
Ghosts
Friendship
Warmth
Life and Death
Hero
Love
Whales
Epilogue

Attachment

4.4K 135 16
By InvisibleLantern

The sky was dark, the sun no longer in the horizon like how it was while you were finishing up some bills you needed to pay for destroying something in the city. But you weren't doing that anymore.

You sat at the window of your room, feeling this strange feeling that you shouldn't come out.

The city continued its hustled nature like normal, seemingly just outside your window. It wasn't unusual, but something about tonight just made it more surreal, somehow.

Perhaps because our there, one of those windows with the lights off, was someone that just told you to call them by something other than their last name.

Shouto... the last time you were told to call someone by their first name was with Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire.

"Izumi-san!" You exclaimed, running towards the two standing at the entrance of the mall. "My mom told me that I should say hello every time I see you."

The woman knelt down, her hero costume making a squeaking rubber sound. "Hey, Y/N! Hey, you know, you don't need to call us Izumi. You can just call us ***** and *****."

You grinned. "Of course!"

You had accidentally found yourself going back to the news article, still a resting screenshot in the hidden section of your photo gallery.

Water Hose Heroes Dead After Fighting A Rank Villain

The words were enlarged, boldly seeming to read itself to you. It was in the past, but you somewhat remember the pain you felt when you first saw the words on the TV.

The worst thing was that it seemed like their names stayed in the past. It never quite came back to you after the last you heard of them being "Water Hose Heroes".

You turned on your phone and went to your contacts, changing Tamaki to Amajiki, Mirio to Togata, Nejire to Hado, but you stared at Todoroki's name. You hadn't pressed save, but...

"Y/N!"

You were snapped out of your trance like state by a knock on the door and someone calling your name on the other side.

Once you opened the door, you were handed some takeout food from the restaurant that had just opened not far from UA from Aizawa.

"What are you doing?"

"Just reading."

Aizawa stared at you for a second before leaving, but you were sure he was suspicious. It wasn't often you are sitting in a nearly completely dark room, with the only light coming in being through the window, and reading.

You sat on your bed, placing the food on your side table. Your phone had turned off, and when you turned it back on, it didn't save the changes you made to your contacts.

Instead, you got a message.

Hey Y/N! Want to come hang out?
-Ashido

You stared at the message, your fingers hovering over the letters. It wasn't that late, just dark. It's around when you normally have dinner.

No thank you. I have dinner already

And you shut off your phone.

It went like that for the next few days leading up to the training camp. Someone would ask if you want to hang out, and you'd reject it saying to were busy, you already had food, or something along those lines.

It wasn't odd to most people, but there was a certain few that knew something was wrong.

"Hey, Todoroki-kun." Midoriya walked up to Todoroki, a concerned expression clearly on his face. "Has Y/N rejected hanging out lately?"

"Well, I asked them if they wanted to get soba with my sister and I, but she said she already had food... which was odd."

"Why?"

"I was literally watching them fighting a villain." He paused for a moment. "But I'm a bit surprised they were able to casually message me mid-battle."

You walked into class a few minutes later.

"Hey, Y/N! Were you hanging out with those friends that you're normally with?" Kaminari asked. You shook your head and sat down without an answer.

Todoroki and Midoriya looked at each other. Something was different. You never quite gave off any emotions, but they could tell your aura was less... bright? No, that wasn't the word.

It was more in your eyes than your body language. The last Todoroki saw of you, it was a bit like looking at a burning house's window.

It was filled with smoke, but there was that one window that you could still somewhat see through.

Your eyes were a bit like that, with just a little... feeling peeking through.

Today, there was nothing. When you looked back at him, he only saw your E/C eyes looking back at him.

With Midoriya, there was a sort of sparkle shining at the iris of his green eyes.

With Bakugou, there was excessive anger burning in the crimson.

But with you there was nothing. Had something happened? Did Todoroki cause it?

"Hello? Todoroki-kun?" Midoriya snapped his fingers in front of him. "Oh, sorry Midoriya. I blanked out for a moment."

"Well, that's unlike you. Anyways, class is going to start soon so we should take our seats."

Todoroki looked over at you, who was staring out the window. You never seemed to care much about class, but you also always had the right answer whenever you were called on.

"Y/N, if you have time to stare out the window, you—"

"Seventeen over forty."

"Uh... correct."

You always looked detached from the class. While it was definite that you cared about the class, you didn't treat it differently than any other normal group of citizens. Even your desk didn't align with any of the rows. It actually looked like it wasn't supposed to be there.

You looked over and caught Todoroki staring. What is he doing?

The bell soon rung for lunch and you made your way to the cafeteria.

But instead of sitting with Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka, and Todoroki, you didn't even sit in the cafeteria. You ate in your room.

"Hey Y/N!" Someone on the other side of your door yelled after multiple knocks.

You stood up and opened the door to see Mirio standing there with Tamaki behind him. "Hey Y/N, I didn't see you with your friends in the cafeteria. Did you have a fight or something?" Mirio paused. "Never mind, you'd never have the energy to get into a petty fight anyway."

"I just wasn't hungry."

Mirio looked behind you, seeing the bento box resting on your table. "Why'd you buy lunch, then?"

"I don't know... do you want it?"

"Nah, I'm full."

Your eyes flickered from Mirio to Tamaki, waiting for anything else they wanted to say. Instead, Mirio just waved. "Okay, we'll leave you to it, then!"

Once you shut the door, you looked over at your backpack with the things you needed for the camp the next day sitting inside. You'd see Kota again... he always really hated heroes, villains, and quirks in general. Well, not always, but for a majority of his life.

The only ones he was sort of okay with was you and his cousin. You sat down on your bed, not really wanting to go to class when the time came.

You turned on your phone, seeing it was still on the article about the Water Hose heroes. Seems like you were reading it before bed last night.

The screen darkened as you pressed the power button and you began walking towards class.

Don't get attached. They'll just be ripped away again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 10.8K 53
"𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄" "𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃" ----༉‧₊˚✧ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ in which childhood friends meet ag...
141K 4.9K 27
Yae Todoroki. A name not bothered to be spoken. Not by her sister. Not by her brothers. And certainly not by her mother. TW!! Mental and physical ab...
1.1M 30.5K 15
Todoroki x reader "Shoto Todoroki, age 15, cold like the winter weather. Y/N L/N, age 15, sweet like sugar and everything nice." She smiled and look...
251 26 14
Sorry for the spoilers within this story. You used to go to a normal high school but you decided to transfer to UA right after the sports festival. Y...