Death doesn't scare me [L x R...

By adventuretimefanitc

The allusive L. No one has ever seen his face, heard his real voice, knows his real name. Expect for his secr... More

Chapter 1 | death may not scare me...
Chapter 2 | ... but L and his wife do
Chapter 3 | into the case
Chapter 4 | suspect
Chapter 5 | installing camreas
Chapter 6 | monsters
Chapter 7 | observe
Chapter 8 | running errands
Chapter 9 | confront
Chapter 10 | darling
Chapter 11 | meet again
Chapter 12 | cafe test
Chapter 13 | spied on
Chapter 14 | strike 2
Chapter 15 | first case funeral
Chapter 16 | just a question
Chapter 17 | the second kira
Chapter 18 | confession
Chapter 19 | whos that girl?
Chapter 20 | confront the suspect
Chapter 21 | lights trick
Chapter 22 | paper
Chapter 24 | midnight walk
Chapter 25 | followed
Chapter 26 | pet shinigami
Chapter 27 | pestered
Chapter 28 | final attempt
Chapter 29 | The test
Chapter 30 | haunted taskforce
Chapter 31 | mortals and fools
Chapter 32 | mopey
Chapter 33 | leads
Chapter 34 | quality time
Chapter 35 | new leads
Chapter 36 | attatched
Chapter 37 | strategy
Chapter 38 | favour
Chapter 39 | parental discussion
Chapter 40 | screw up, power up
Chapter 41 | the yotsuba kira
Chapter 42 | Trap Ryuk
Chapter 43 | deal
Chapter 44 | talking under the stars
Chapter 45 | bust
Chapter 46 | the book
Chapter 47 | closer look
Chapter 48 | remember
Chapter 49 | risky move
Chapter 50 | crumbling down
Chapter 51 | plea
Chapter 52 | the final word
Chapter 53 | a tough explanation
Chapter 54 | first to know
Chapter 55 | trial
Chapter 56 | sentancing
Chapter 57 | last day
Chapter 58 | home
Chapter 59 | new life chapter

Chapter 23 | subject of interrogation

4.8K 252 42
By adventuretimefanitc

"Stalker? Where did that come from?"

Ok... this was weird. Ever since Misa woke up she's been going on about a stalker, thinking that she'd been kidnapped by one. She was told why she was arrested, so why is she suddenly under the impression she's been stalked?

Not to mention the fact she's been openly talking about Light now. She never did before but now she's straight up admitting he's her boyfriend. Tch... some boyfriend if he's not acknowledging her at all.

Maybe she's gone stir crazy? What was going on here?

"Miss Amane you are aware why you're here right?" L spoke into the microphone.

"Yeah, this is clearly some kind of Misa Misa kidnapping fantasy. Hey can you let me go now? I'll take a picture with you, give you an autograph, I'll even give you a kiss on the cheek!" She replied.

L turned to Aizawa, who looked just as confused.

"You did tell her-"

"Yeah, I made it clear she's been arrested under suspicion. I have no idea where she's got this stalker idea" he replied.

L turned back to the mic, pressing the button again.

"There's no use playing dumb Misa. Just a few hours ago you were silent about Light and even begged us to kill you. So why the sudden change? You know full well you're under suspicion" L said.

"What? You don't make any sense! You're the one who kidnapped me!"

You and L gave each other a confused look. What the hell was happening? It was like she'd lost her memory? Did it have something to do with the mystery book?

"H-hey... can I at least go to the bathroom? It's the only time you let me move" she asked.

"You went four minutes ago, I'm afraid you'll have to wait"

"Aw come on! I bet you're still watching me even then you pervert!"

L was silent for a second. Obviously, he wasn't doing such a thing. It was gross, and the only woman he had any business being intimate with is you.

"I'm a... pervert?" He mumbled to himself.

You snickered under your breath. Poor L, he never was good at understanding other people's views on him.

"You're not, she's just... upset. Clearly" you replied.

"I don't understand what's just happened... it's like her memory of the last few weeks had been-" he began.

"Wiped? Yeah I know"

L thought for a moment, trying to find some kind of solution to this problem.

"Darling can you go down there and try and talk to her? If she thinks the person talking to her is some creepy guy stalker she's not going ti say anything coherent. Mayne if she hears a girl explain what's going on she'll understand" L asked.

You looked at the time, seeing you'd have enough time left in the day to spend a few hours trying to talk to Misa. You'd have to wear some kind of mask just in case her shinigami was there, she could kill with only a face after all.

"Alright. When I get back I'll... look more into things" you replied.

L knew you were referring to the book theory, and nodded in understanding.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome my darling darkness, I would say I'll see you later but you'll see me on the cameras" you replied, kissing his cheek leaving your signature deep red lipstick stain on his pale skin.

You grabbed your bag and wallet to grab a mask on the way there. Surely a costume store would have something that covers your face.

Taking your beloved hearse, you did just that. It didn't take long to stop off at a costume place and get to the holding cells they were being held at. The mask you grabbed was a plague doctor one, there was no chance anyone would see your face. Even shinigami you can't yet see. There's always the risk Misas shinigami has seen your face when you met at the shop. But on the off chance they didn't see you, you covered up for safely before walking in.

It was a rather uneasy sight. Misa seemed exhausted and uncomfortable but who could blame her. If only she wasn't so potentially dangerous and maybe she could be locked up less severely.

"Huh- is someone there?" She said, hearing your platforms on the ground as you walked.

"Misa, we need to talk" you replied.

"Wait... you sound famil- wait SALEM? Are you here to save me? Or are you with the stalker?" She asked, trying to pull on the restraints to face you.

"It's complicated... look tell me everything you remember from before you woke up just now"

You sat in front of her, she could tell you were there from the sound of your voice, and looked down at where you'd be despite being blindfolded.

"Um... I was at the campus with you, Light and Ryuga was it? And as I was walking back to work someone grabbed me from behind and then... I don't know. I remember a few bits and pieces of being all restrained like this but... nothing else" she explained.

"That's... weird. Misa you do actually know why you're here right?"

"Because of the stalker duh! Now can you get me out so we can call the police or something?"

"Misa you're in police custody"

She was silent for a moment, seemingly confused.

"No the police wouldn't tie me up all fetishy like this-"

Fetish- ok you weren't even gonna question why she jumped to that first.

"You're tied up because you've been deemed dangerous. They told you that you're suspicious of being the second Kira remember?" You asked.

"The second Kira? Is this because I said I was grateful to Kira for killing the robber that killed my parents? Because that all it is! I've never met Kira, and I did all I'd do this thank him. I don't know how he kills or even if he's a boy! I just wanted to thank him for revenge that all. I don't know him a swear!" She explained.

Did she really have no memory? Or was this just a very convincing act?

"Misa do you remember when you met Light?" You asked.

"Well not all of it, but I do know I went to his house to give him a gift after I first saw him!"

Ok slight creepiness of her knowing where he lived aside, how can she not remember meeting her own boyfriend. It wasn't that long ago either.

"Where did you first see him?"

"I don't remember"

"What gift did you give him?"

"... uh... no idea. God why can't I remember anything. It's like the past few months are just gone from my brain..."

If this was an act, it seemed like a convincing one. She genuinely seemed to have no idea what was going on, or what happened the last few months.

"Salem please let me go, my arms hurt so much..." she whined.

"I'm sorry I can't let you leave, not until you've been cleared of suspicion. I'll see if I can get your restrains loosened though. That does look uncomfortable, you were put like this because if you are Kira, you're dangerous. But if they decide you're not as dangerous as we thought then surely they'll loosen you up" you explained.

"Well... I guess it's better than nothing but I promise I'm not Kira! I wouldn't even know to be Kira! I didn't even know you were a detective... is your husband one too?"

"He is. He's the one on the voice filtered speakers. I promise he's not creeping on you, he wouldn't dare be unfaithful to me because he loves me and he knows it. That and he knows I'd chop his dick off" you joked.

Before Misa could reply, the speakers turned on and L spoke.

"You can leave it in tact thank you, I'm loyal and you know it" he said.

You and Misa snickered at his response.

"He's obedient is he?" Misa joked.

"Very. I promise no one is being creepy about you. This is all just to clear you of suspicion. Once the taskforce have determined you're safe you'll be let go and interrogated as potential witness instead" you explained.

Misa was understandably not pleased with her condition. But, she knew now that if she just cooperated and stayed polite as she could she'd be let go. After all she had no memory of killing so she couldn't be Kira right?

"Ok... please believe me I promise I'm not Kira. I'll cooperate if it means I'll be cleared and let go... but if I have to stay locked up in here for longer can you at least come talk to me every so often? It's boring not being able to move... and the same interrogations I've already answered gets boring" she replied.

"I'll see what I can do. One more thing... just out of curiosity..."

"Yeah?"

"Does... Light leave his wallet at home often?"

She was his girlfriend, surely she'd know right?

"Uh... I don't think so I mean he's had it every time I've been with him" she replied, a little confused.

"Hm- ok then..."

You knew that wallet and the paper inside was suspicious. Leaving his wallet home seemingly by accident on that one faithful day was the biggest mistake Lights ever made.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 32.3K 21
❝ 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 . ❞ A secret relationship between (Y/n) and the world's greate...
67.1K 2.8K 18
He answered the phone, holding the top of the phone with his pointer and thumb, "Yes?" "Detective!" The voice beamed. He stopped immediately and froz...
655K 24K 100
Winner of DeathNoteAwards Golden Apple section, Highest Ranking: #1 in Deathnote [COMPLETED] ACTION PACKED in the later chapters --- (Y/N) Lives in t...
140K 3.5K 29
[COMPLETED] It's been almost an entire decade since you ran away from the orphanage, leaving everything, and everyone behind... planning to never loo...