Chapter 23 | subject of interrogation

"Stalker? Where did that come from?"

Ok... this was weird. Ever since Misa woke up she's been going on about a stalker, thinking that she'd been kidnapped by one. She was told why she was arrested, so why is she suddenly under the impression she's been stalked?

Not to mention the fact she's been openly talking about Light now. She never did before but now she's straight up admitting he's her boyfriend. Tch... some boyfriend if he's not acknowledging her at all.

Maybe she's gone stir crazy? What was going on here?

"Miss Amane you are aware why you're here right?" L spoke into the microphone.

"Yeah, this is clearly some kind of Misa Misa kidnapping fantasy. Hey can you let me go now? I'll take a picture with you, give you an autograph, I'll even give you a kiss on the cheek!" She replied.

L turned to Aizawa, who looked just as confused.

"You did tell her-"

"Yeah, I made it clear she's been arrested under suspicion. I have no idea where she's got this stalker idea" he replied.

L turned back to the mic, pressing the button again.

"There's no use playing dumb Misa. Just a few hours ago you were silent about Light and even begged us to kill you. So why the sudden change? You know full well you're under suspicion" L said.

"What? You don't make any sense! You're the one who kidnapped me!"

You and L gave each other a confused look. What the hell was happening? It was like she'd lost her memory? Did it have something to do with the mystery book?

"H-hey... can I at least go to the bathroom? It's the only time you let me move" she asked.

"You went four minutes ago, I'm afraid you'll have to wait"

"Aw come on! I bet you're still watching me even then you pervert!"

L was silent for a second. Obviously, he wasn't doing such a thing. It was gross, and the only woman he had any business being intimate with is you.

"I'm a... pervert?" He mumbled to himself.

You snickered under your breath. Poor L, he never was good at understanding other people's views on him.

"You're not, she's just... upset. Clearly" you replied.

"I don't understand what's just happened... it's like her memory of the last few weeks had been-" he began.

"Wiped? Yeah I know"

L thought for a moment, trying to find some kind of solution to this problem.

"Darling can you go down there and try and talk to her? If she thinks the person talking to her is some creepy guy stalker she's not going ti say anything coherent. Mayne if she hears a girl explain what's going on she'll understand" L asked.

You looked at the time, seeing you'd have enough time left in the day to spend a few hours trying to talk to Misa. You'd have to wear some kind of mask just in case her shinigami was there, she could kill with only a face after all.

"Alright. When I get back I'll... look more into things" you replied.

L knew you were referring to the book theory, and nodded in understanding.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome my darling darkness, I would say I'll see you later but you'll see me on the cameras" you replied, kissing his cheek leaving your signature deep red lipstick stain on his pale skin.