Chapter 14 | strike 2

"SALEM-"

You jumped hearing the sound of L call out for you. Halfway through taking your signature dark makeup off for the day, you dropped what you were doing and went out to the main room where everyone was frozen in shock staring at the TV.

On it was one word. Kira.

"What the fu-" you mumbled.

"Change the channel" L told Aizawa.

When the channel was switched to a talk show, almost instantly the host doubled over in pain and collapsed of a heart attack. You could hardly believe your eyes. Kira was attacking on live TV?

Changing the channel back to the original one, the board cast continued. This Kira just proved he had the power to kill on live TV. There was no denying it. But there seemed to be something off about this supposed Kira.

"Now you can see that I'm real, I have the power to kill and I'm no fake. I am Kira. I hate evil, and love justice. I'm broadcasting this today to ask the police, are you with me or against me-" Kira spoke through a voice filter.

"We have to stop this board cast!" Matsuda exclaimed.

Aizawa tried to call Sakura TV, but it went straight to voice mail. This was not a good situation at all...

"I'm going down there!" Ukita exclaimed, rushing out before anyone could stop him.

"S-someone hook a computer screen up to the TV so we can watch other news channels!" L said.

The taskforce rushed to do so, and soon enough you were able to fiddle with the wires so you could watch multiple channels at once. The Kira broadcast on one screen, and the live news coverage of outside Sakura TV on the other.

"I ask that the police stop withholding information about criminals and start broadcasting them on the news to help in the creation of a new world free of crime. You're either with me, or against me. If you don't comply, I'll simply kill of members of the justice system until you do. Or, you can show me L instead. Either way I will get those names-" the kira broadcast spoke.

You could hardly believe what you were watching. This Kira, who you and L could already tell seemed to be different, was really gambling with this broadcast and causing panic.

"It seems police officers are arriving at the doors!"

You turned you attention to the other channel broadcasting live outside the station. Sure enough Ukita had pulled up and was ready to try and break in. More sirens in the distance told you officers from the station seemed to have the same idea. You watched as he pulled out his gun to try and shoot the lock off the door, but just as quickly as he did, froze up and suddenly collapsed.

"The officer has just collapsed! It seems he'd had a heart attack!" The reporter spoke.

"What-" you muttered under your breath.

But... Kira didn't have any of your names? How did- unless...

"THATS IT IM GOING DOWN THERE MYSELF-" Aizawa snapped, turning your attention from the screen to him.

"No! If you go down there you'll only be killed-" L said.

"Well who else is going to stop this broadcast? aND WASN'T IT YOU WHO SAID WE SHOULD RISK OUR LIVES FOR THIS CASE?" Aizawa yelled.

You watched your husband tense up, he never did like yelling...

"Risking your life in chance and willingly putting your life in danger are two entirely different things. It seems he's killing with only a face-"

So L came to that conclusion too huh?

Before you could process that, Aizawas anger was getting worse and he marched toward L, reaching out to violently grab him by the shoulder. But you being the protective wife you were, didn't let that happen.

Stepping in, you grabbed his wrist and stopped him from grabbing L, who at this point was shaking in anxiousness. Again, L never did like yelling and violence. You glared daggers into Aizawas soul, nails digging into his wrist.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" you threatened.

That same eeriness the taskforce felt when they first met you came crashing down around them again. They immediately know not to cross you or L again. Letting go of his wrist, he stepped back and but his tongue, holding words back.

L was right, you could strike fear into a mans heart. Ina good way and in a... less good way.

Looking up at you, L gave you a slight grin as a thank you and took a quiet breath to calm himself. You smiled back, putting a hand in his shoulder reassuringly. No doubt once this is over and you're alone again he'd be thanking your profusely for saving him from a potential panic attack. Being grabbed like that always seemed to upset him...

"Listen, I understand the need to step in. But going down there will only result in your death. You have a wife and child, don't do that to them. We've lost Ukita... I'm sorry" L spoke.

A stillness fell over the room, partly because you'd just lost a taskforce member, partly because your threatening aura scared the taskforce a little. Just as L was about to speak up again, a loud crash was heard from the TV screens.

All turning to look at it, you found a truck had just driven into the doors of the station. Ok what the fuck? This just keeps getting weirder.

"A truck just drove into the doors! Three people have had heart attacks and now this... we're moving away from the scene in fear for our safety. We'll record from a safer distance!" The reporter said.

"What the fu-" you began.

"Hang on- is that?"

Cut off mid sentence by phones ringing, L picked it up and answered. Only seconds later another phone rang and he was duel wielding flip phones one with the NPA director and one with, just as he thought, chief Yagami.

"Yes I thought that was you. You should be in hospital resting still are you sure you're ok..."

He swapped phones, holding the other one up to his ear.

"That was cheif Yagami that just drove through the doors, he has the tapes. But if Kira is in the area it's unsafe for him to leave the building, I need you to set something up" L explained.

You watched with a slight smile on your face, proud your husband was such a quick thinker and already figuring out a way to get cheif Yagami back safely.

"What just happened..." Matsuda sighed.

"Honestly no idea, but L seemed to have a plan" you replied.

"And cheif Yagami too apparently..."