I'm No Superman// Braun Strow...

Per Bad_Buck

He's a fun-loving guy outside the ring, and a total ass kicker inside the ring. She's a serious girl all arou... Més

Description
Disclaimer
Setting and Character Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 47

228 2 0
Per Bad_Buck

January 18, 2018

Hadley's POV

»Tokyo, Japan«

I woke up refreshed to the smell of pancakes and bacon. Kenny had closed the curtains last night so the sun wouldn't wake me and so far, I'd call this day a win. But I had only been up not even a minute and the thought of Adam had automatically made the day a loss even before it began. I sat up on the couch and rubbed my eyes.

"Sorry, I thought I had the TV low enough." Adam said, quietly.

I looked at him sitting in the recliner as he grabbed the remote, and turned the volume down even lower than it already was.

"I made breakfast... if you want some." He added, before taking another bite from his plate. "They're blueberry." He offered a smile.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I mumbled tossing my blanket off of me. "I overslept -."

"Come on Had, I made them for you."

"Adam..." I groaned. "Y'know what fine, I'll eat the stupid breakfast." I said, just wanting him to leave me alone. I walked into the kitchen and made myself a plate before making my way back to the couch.

"What are you watching?"

"Well right now," he said letting out a short laugh. "a commercial."

"No fucking shit."

The two of us went silent after that. And hey, I wasn't complaining, the less he talks the better. But like all good things, nothing lasts forever.

"So I uh... I heard you and Kenny talking yesterday."

"And?"

"I'm happy for you."

That wasn't what I thought he was going to say.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow in question.

"I'm happy that you're happy. I'm trying to get over you and obviously I haven't successfully done that yet but... I'm happy you've found someone else that makes you happy like you deserve to be."

I knew Adam was being sincere. I also knew it pained him to finally come to terms with me moving on.

I didn't know what to say.

"And I really do want to be friends with you... whenever you're ready for that... if you're ever ready for that again." He said cautiously, not sure of what I'd do. "And I know you probably still don't want this but -."

I waved him off.

"I don't."

He looked like he'd been punched in the gut.

"Oh... ok."

"I mean I appreciate it but it's fine. You know how I feel about birthdays and presents anyway."

A small smile appeared on his face.

"Yeah you never really were a fan of them."

There was a period of silence after that. Mostly because I had nothing to say and Adam looked good be talking to himself in his head.

"Hey, I know this is a long shot but do you want to do something together today?"

"You didn't have plans with the bucks already?"

He shook his head no.

"So Kenny really was going to leave me alone with you all day?"

He nodded.

"I was going to go out and find something to do anyway because I knew you didn't want me around but... now that we're cool... I figured we could -."

He was cut off by a knock on the door.

"Hangman it's us."

"Those fucking bucks." Adam mumbled, seeming a little angry.

"Seems like they've made plans for you." I said as he got up and answered the door.

"...hey guys." Adam said quite unenthusiastically.

Adam, like Kenny, wasn't the type of friend to turn another friend, or in this case friends, away. He reluctantly let them in despite his unhappiness that they had shown up.

"What're you guys doing here?" He asked them.

"Well we figured you didn't want to be stuck here with Payge all day so -."

"You know her names Hadley, Nick."

"We thought we'd invite you out for breakfast to get away from her." Matt finished for his brother, ignoring Adam.

"Oh hey Hadley, we didn't know you were here." Nick said looking around Adam and to me sitting on the couch.

Mhmm.

"I'm sure you didn't." I said with bored sarcasm.

Nick threw a fake smile my way.

"Actually I already had breakfast." Adam said. "And I've already made plans."

"Great! Then we can just tag along -."

"Without you guys." Adam interrupted.

The bucks looked a little shocked at this as did Adam himself. He always said yes to them.

"Hadley and I are going to hang out."

"Yeah right." Matt said before he and Nick burst out into laughter.

"Dude she hates you." Nick said.

"Actually Nick, she hates you two more." Adam said. "She only hates me because of you guys. She hates me because I always put you guys before her. She hates me because I listened to you guys when you said I should break up with her. She hates me because I'm a yes man when it comes to you guys and for that," He went off on them before turning to me. "I hate me too. I have tried the impossible task of trying to get her back into my life and, she didn't even want to look at me because of what I did for you guys. Every time I even got close to talking to her, you guys were right behind me to make things worse. Hadley and I are okay now because I could talk to her alone without having you guys around for once, and you know what? It was great to not have you around.

"I doubt you guys are "okay"." Nick said with a small laugh. "We're you even paying attention to how much she didn't like you?"

"Were you paying attention to the looks on my face whenever you guys were around?" I asked. "If you didn't see the thought bubble above my head showing me kicking the heads right off your guys's shoulders then you're way dumber than I thought. Now I suggest you get the fuck out before I make it a reality."

Nick and Matt looked to Adam, waiting for him to come to their defense but he never did.

"You guys better go." Adam said.

"Whatever, we'll be waiting with open arms when things don't work out again."

Adam ignored them as they walked out, leaving us alone again.

My phone dinged just as the door closed behind them and I looked down at the notification.

Pete: We need to talk.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

129K 3.3K 61
"Darling, we found Wonderland; you and I got lost in it. And we pretended it could last forever." Sarah Katherine McMahon is her daddy's little gir...
18.2K 840 29
Moving into a new state is the opening to a new beginning. It sure was for Colby, only that he didn't expect the start of his new life to turn the wa...
9.8K 727 13
When her boyfriend of fifteen years breaks up with her, Nixie gives up on love but when Joe enters her life, he changes everything.
5K 71 30
My name is Maddison Anne McMahon; daughter of Vince McMahon. I'm 24 years old and live in Los Angeles, California with my boyfriend, Brock Lesnar. Af...