Ice Cold

By InvisibleLantern

Shouto Todoroki x [Female] Reader ••• Ice cold. An adjective often used for the one and only Y/N, a young gir... More

Before we do anything...
Prologue
The Big Three
An Outing
Entrance Exams
The First Day
Hero Basic Training
Different
USJ
The World of Pros
The Sports Festival Begins!
Obstacle Course
Cavalry Battle
Gifted
Big Sister
Emotionless
Suspicions
Hosu
The Final Exams
Attachment
The Training Camp
Training
Vanguard Action Squad
Rescue
Breaking Free
Smile
Symbol of Peace
UA Dorms
Missing
Neglecting
Redemption
Fight
Recover
Memories Lost in Time
Pre-Exam
Provisional License Exams
Room Presentation
The Fears that Hold Us
Fire
Fault
Traitor
Christmas Special
Power of a Quirk
Emotions
Past
Bullets
Habits
Quirks: A Gift and a Curse
Heroes Cry
Shie Hassaikai
Unrivalled
Pain
Tears
A Reason to Stay
Remedial Exams
The School Festival
Hobbies
The Past
Open Up
Guilt
Fighting Against Memories
Connections
Enchanting
Aster
A Familiar Face
One
Trust
A Feeling
Unready Bodies
The Past Never Dies
Vie
Lies
Family Ties
Morals
Return
The UA Traitor
Class 1A
Crush
Forget
Battle
Brothers
Redeemable
Puppet
Grow
Breaking
Unhealed Wounds
Words
Tears
Soulmates
Guidance
The Dead
Ghosts
Friendship
Warmth
Life and Death
Hero
Love
Whales
Epilogue

Shouto

4.5K 136 50
By InvisibleLantern

You didn't end up going back to the observation room. You had actually ran into Todoroki on your way there.

"I heard you passed... good for you."

"You weren't watching."

You solemnly shook your head. "I'm not allowed to watch Power Loader's or Eraserhead's exams, since they're the two that I'm going up against. I had Principal Nezu record them for me, though."

Todoroki hummed and looked away. "I'm told that Midoriya and Bakugou's match is right now. Do you want to go check it out?"

So Principal Nezu got Kaminari-san and Ashido-san. "Okay." You followed him to the observation room, seeing both Bakugou and Midoriya on the screen.

"Oh." Once you stared at the screen, you saw that... they weren't doing so well.

"You don't think Deku-kun's going to fail, do you?" Uraraka asked. You sighed and crossed your arms. "It depends on how well him and Bakugou can get along."

You glanced at Todoroki, then back at the screen. I wonder how his and Yoayorozu-san's match went. You felt like gagging when you saw the burns and bruises all over the two. "I'm going to get something to drink." You walked off, Todoroki following you.

"Y/N, are you okay?"

You got some water from the vending machine and took a deep breath. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

He walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder. "You... can talk to me, you know?" He thought back to when he was in the hospital with Midoriya and Iida.

"Hey, do you have a minute?" The two looked at him. "Yeah? What's wrong, Todoroki-kun?"

"It's about Y/N. She seems to get random bursts of... frustration, I guess. I'm not sure why, but it seems to happen when she gets a call from someone."

Midoriya thought for a minute. "Well, just tell her that you'll always be there for her when she needs it! She'll probably trust you a little more with that reassurance."

You looked at him in confusion. Why was he suddenly being comforting? "Right.. thanks." You looked down at your drink, knowing that you'd be up soon. "By the way, can I tell you a secret?"

"Yeah?"

"...As long as the student passes the written exam, they can go to the camp."

Todoroki was silent for a moment. "Really? Aizawa-sensei really likes lying to us." "The teachers also made sure there was a way for the students to pass, so they weren't going at it full power."

"Wow." You looked back at him, hoping to do those side smiles, but it never came. Dang it. "In any case, I'm up soon, so..." You walked away, leaving Todoroki in the waiting room.

He ran to the observation room, seeing almost everyone except for the people that were passed out... Midoriya and Bakugou.

"Hey Todoroki!" Kirishima greeted. "I heard you and Yaouorozu passed!"

"Yeah."

Kaminari sighed. "Dammit, how did Mineta pass anyway?" Mineta crossed his arms cockily, although he wasn't the only one that passed. "Y/N's next, so let's hope that her cloak flies up too far."

Todoroki gritted his teeth. "Don't use such perverse thoughts." He said with a hint of anger in his voice.

You walked onto the exam area, waiting for Eraserhead and Power Loader's energy to come into your line of feeling.

Once they did, you covered yourself with earth, making multiple other hollow spikes appear around you.

"Power Loader, search the ground." Aizawa said.

"Why search the ground if they saw which spike she's in?" Mineta asked. Todoroki took the liberty to explain. "You saw during the USJ attack that she can switch with air if she can compound it to weigh the same as she does. But she can also burrow underground like a mole."

"Ah!" Yaoyorozu made some sort of model with her hands. "So like a mole," She separated her index finger and middle finger from her ring finger and pinky and put her other hand through the gap. "She can go into the ground like a drill."

Power Loader emerged from the ground. "Sorry, Eraserhead." He lifted his hand, showing the handcuffs you put on his arm.

You came from the ground, but when Aizawa tried to erase your quirk, nothing happened. That's because it was your cloak.

"Sorry, Aizawa-sensei." You poked your hand out from underground and put the handcuffs around his ankle.

"Y/N L/N passes."

You pulled yourself up and stood up straight. "Was that good?" Aizawa nodded. "Very. You only took 3 minutes, used limited stamina, didn't do any damage to the city, and manage to catch us. Good job."

"Man..." Kirishima whispered. "That's so manly!"

"But she's a girl."

"Still manly!"

Todoroki looked down at Mineta. "Look at those thighs!" Why did you have to take off your cloak, Y/N...?

"Wait, look at that." Yaoyorozu pointed. Todoroki looked closely at the screen, but it was soon turned off by Recovery Girl. "Anyways, exams are finished. You can get changed out of your hero outfits now."

Todoroki stared at the blank screen, wondering what Yaoyorozu saw. But if he asked, would she consider that creepy?

He made his way back to class when he ran into you, but you were already in leggings and a hoodie. "It seems like we run into each other often." You said. He assumed it was a joke, but he couldn't quite bring himself to laugh at it.

Maybe because you looked dead serious.

"I'd join you in class, but I promised to monitor Class 1B's exams. If I miss anything important, please text me about it." And you left.

You monitored the exams, occasionally getting up to heal, while Kuroiro stood next to you for most of the time. "Is that your whole class?"

"Yeah."

"Looks like Monoma was the only one that didn't pass." You sighed. Our class is going to hear it from him in their extra classes. "I'll head back to class."

You made your way back to class, though you didn't have a uniform on. It was nearly the end of the day, so you doubted anyone would be lingering around, anyway.

Turns out you were wrong.

"Oh, Todoroki-kun." He turned around. "Oh, you're here." He walked up to you and handed you a USB. "These are from today's exams. Why did you want them again?"

"I just... like watching my classmates grow." You turned away. "I have to drop off something at your house, so we may as well go together. Come on."

You and him walked next to each other, walking towards his house. "Did anyone fail in Class 1B?"

"Only Monoma, but the others are bound to hear about it during their extra classes." You stopped. "Do you want to ask me something?"

He turned back to you. "Well, Yaoyorozu and I saw something during your exam."

You pursed your lips. "Just wait until we get to your house." You walked forward, Todoroki following. Once you got to his house...

"Todoroki-san."

"Yes?"

"Not you."

Endeavour came out of one of the rooms. "Oh. Do you have what I asked for?" You nodded and gave him a small bouquet of purple orchids, though it was only three. "Thank you."

"Oh, is Y/N here?" Todoroki's sister, Fuyumi, popped her head in the foyer. "Hey, Y/N! Would you like some mochi like you always do?"

"Uh, no thank you. I'm not staying long."

"Oh, come on, Y/N! I'm sure Shouto wants you to stay. Right?"

"If it doesn't trouble you."

You looked to the side. "I guess I could stay for a bit. I don't have any plans, anyways." You followed Todoroki to the dining room, where you took a seat in front of Fuyumi and next to Todoroki.

"So, anything interesting happen today? You know, other than exams."

"...Not really."

Compared to Fuyumi, you and Todoroki didn't look too happy. If Natsuo were here, that'd be a whole other story.

"By the way, have you visited your parents lately?" Fuyumi questioned. "You told me that the last time you did, there was some stranger there."

"I... visited my dad."

"Hm. I didn't think they'd have a couple separated from each other."

You looked over at Todoroki, who was silently eating his food. Once he noticed you staring at him, he pushed his small plate of mochi towards you. "You can have it if you want."

After dinner, you bowed and said your thanks, then left the Todoroki household.

"Wait, Y/N."

You turned, seeing Todoroki running up to you. "You said you'd tell me about..." "Oh. Yeah." You reached for the end of your leggings and began rolling it up.

"O-Oh."

Scars. That's what he and Yaoyorozu saw. They were pretty subtle, and half covered by smeared makeup, but you could make it out if you looked carefully.

"It's nothing serious." You said, pulling down your pant legs again. "Just what happens when your become a hero. See you tomorrow, Todoroki-kun."

"Actually."

"What?"

"Just call me Shouto. So I don't confuse it with when you address my father."

You looked away from him. "Whatever works for you." And you began walking off.

You got back to your room and turned on your phone, pressing on one of the contacts. "Hello? Yeah... I have it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30.4K 15
Todoroki x reader "Shoto Todoroki, age 15, cold like the winter weather. Y/N L/N, age 15, sweet like sugar and everything nice." She smiled and look...
586K 26.3K 26
- in which an awkward girl falls for her childhood bestfriend. [ #69 shoto | 2/16/20 ] STARTED: 6/28/19 ENDED: 3/12/20 note: don't read this it was m...
520K 16K 27
She sat on the park bench everyday. He would walk by on his way home from school. They never noticed each other until she found herself face down in...
21.6K 985 11
( shoto todoroki x reader ) for a boy with an ice quirk, shoto todoroki's hand is pleasantly warm to touch BNHA / COMPL...