Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Téir Abhaile Riu

613 24 27
By boxxieofbox

(A/n): I'm going to be 100% honest with you guys. I made this chapter months ago because I was so stoked about it. This is probably one of my favorite chapters that I've written so far. This chapter is also why I updated quite a bit more than I usually do this week and last week. But I really hope you guys enjoy it!

(Y/n)'s POV:

I sat laid in the long grass of the meadow on my stomach with a quill and a piece of parchment in my hand. Sunny sat next to me in the sun enjoying the peace and quiet of the meadow. "Maybe we can...no that wouldn't work." I said softly before running my hand through my hair. "The summer solstice is in a few days. Not to mention it's a full moon! I...I wanna do something special." I said staring down at the piece of parchment that had multiple ideas written to only be crossed out.

A shadow casted over me making me look up. "Hey, Sapphires! Hi, Ruddiger. What's up?" I asked with a soft smile. Ruddiger climbed down Varian and crawled onto my back getting comfortable. "Just came to check up on you. It's been a few days since I've seen you." Varian said sitting down in front of me. "Awe, I missed you too." I said with a smile and he rolled his eyes.

"What are you working on?" He asked and I groaned. "The summer solstice is soon and it's going to be a full moon. Do you know what kind of spiritual power that has? I-Im trying to figure out how to put it to good use. Normally when this happened I'd just make spells, potions, moon water, protect the meadow, meditate, or use the energy to manifest something. But now I have to think about the kingdom. I...I do want to use it for the kingdom. Especially after what happened with the red rocks. I'm just not entirely sure about what I should do." I said placing my head on my left hand staring back down at the parchment.

Varian moved so he was next to me. He stared at the paper trying to help me. "What about the rituals you do inside the meadow?" He asked and I looked up at him. "What about them?" I asked tilting my head to the side. "Why don't you do one of those rituals in Corona?" He asked and my eyes widened. "That's...that's not a bad idea. But where would I do it?" I asked before smiling. "I know! The toadstools by the docks are having a hard time growing. Maybe if we do it there the toadstools will grow!" I said and Varian smiled down at me. "That might just work, milady." He said with a soft laugh.

"Okay, Ruddiger. You gotta get off. We have to go tell Rapunzel. We also need to get the others. They can help decorate, make flower crowns, and put everything together!" I said and Varian picked Ruddiger off of my back and I got up. "Let's go!" I said grabbing Varian's hand and running out of the meadow.

We made it all the way to the castle. We were in a room with Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, Catalina, and Kiera. "Wait, you're saying you want to have a moonlight party out by the docks for a protection spell?" Eugene asked and I nodded. "It'll be just like the rituals I've performed in the meadow, but this one we really have to up our game. Since I want to involve as much of Corona as I can, we really need to work hard to make this work." I said and Varian pulled out a board with different drawings on them. "Now, I think that-" "Wait, how soon did you wanna do this?" Rapunzel asked. "In three days." Varian answered. "That's the night the royal family from Neserdnia arrive." She said softly. "With all due respect, Rapunzel, performing a ritual like this on such a night only comes once every blue moon. Besides, after what happened with the red rocks, I think it will be a great way to get Corona's spirits back up. A lot has happened in Corona in such little time. I think we all need this. Besides, they can see it as a welcoming party or whatever. I don't really care about what they think, but this is really important, Rapunzel. " I said softly and Rapunzel nodded.

"Alright, what's the plan?" Rapunzel asked and Varian and I high fived. "Alright! Eugene, Lance, and Max are on decoration duty. I want the entire kingdom covered in decorations! Varian and Ruddiger will handle setting up lights throughout the city. I don't want anyone falling or getting hurt on the way to the docks. The docks, however, won't be as bright. Got that, Sapphs?" I asked and him and Ruddiger saluted me. "Kiera, Catalina, Rapunzel, and Pascal, you three will be working on flower crowns. We'll use only flowers from the meadow. If we use other flowers I'll have to cleanse all of them, and frankly I really don't want to do that. All of the flowers in the meadow are overflowing with positive energy. Sunny and I will take care of the rest. Any questions?" I asked and I saw Lance raise his hand. "Good! Let's get a move on people! We only have so much time."

Third POV:

Three days later, a young woman with a large smile walked the streets of Corona at night. She stared up at all of the lights and flowers decorating the town. (E/c) eyes sparkling as a soft giggle left her lips. She picked up her soft orange skirt with a smile as she glanced down at the feline next to her. Behind her were two young girls and the princess. Each one of them wore a flower crown that resembled the decorations around the city. (Y/n) looked over her shoulder at her friends. "Ready?" She asked softly and the group nodded. The princess held up a violin and started playing. Just loud enough to wake the town up.

"Look how the lights of the town, the lights of the town are shining now." (Y/n) smiled with a skip in her step. "Tonight, I'll be dancing around. I'm off on the road to Galway now." (Y/n) sang loud enough for the people of Corona to hear. Her hands were on her skirt as she moved it back and forth a few times before continuing on her journey.

"Look how she's off on the town." Catalina and Kiera sang together as they followed the witch with smiles on their faces. "She's off on a search for sailors though there's fine fellas here to be found." The girls sang together. People in the town were looking through their windows or standing in their doorways watching the girls. "She's never been one to stay at home." Catalina and Kiera both gestured for the towns people to follow after them. (Y/n) leading the way down to the docks adding a quick spin, skip, or kicked her skirt up as she walked.

"Home you'll go and it's there you'll stay and you've work to do in the morning." Both girls skipped after the witch with a crowd growing behind her. "Give up your dream of going away. Forget your sailors in Galway." (Y/n) kept going towards the docks the smile never leaving her face. "Téir abhalie riú, téir abhalie riú. Téir abhalie riú Mhearari." All three of the friends sang together. "Téir abhail gus fan da bhaile mar tá do mhargadh déanta." The girls sang together and (Y/n) did a couple spins while Rapunzel played louder. The townspeople starting to clap along to the beat.

As Rapunzel was finishing, (Y/n) quickly turned around to face the large group of people behind her. "Come now and follow me down. Down to the lights of Galway." (Y/n) sang gesturing down towards the docks where a rather large unfamiliar ship was docked. "Where there's fine sailors walking the town, and waiting to meet the ladies there." (Y/n) said kicking her skirt up before she ran down to a small clearing on the docks that was decorated more than the city itself. It wasn't nearly as bright as the rest of the town letting fireflies surround the area. Standing around the area was Varian, Eugene, Lance, and Max. There were a few workers from the unknown ship unloading it, and a family that appeared to be royalty by how expensive they were dressed.

"Watch now they'll soon be along. They're finer than any sailor so, come on now pick up your spoons." Catalina and Kiera sang as they joined (Y/n) in the center facing the rest of the people. "They're waiting to hear you play them, WHOO!" All three girls sang together. Lance started playing spoons in the background.

"Here today and she's gone tomorrow and next she's going to Galway." The girls said before slowly backing away from (Y/n). "Jiggin around and off to town and won't be back until morning." The two girls sang together as (Y/n) was spinning herself around. Her skirt moving with her. The black cat and raccoon perching on top of the barrels around the dancing ground. Varian approached the witch with a large smile. His front teeth more obvious and the witch giggled as he took her hand.

The visitors on the ship watched the couple dance as the townspeople cheered them on. Unbeknownst to the couple, two pairs of eyes were on them that stared with wide eyes. One of a princess, the other a mere worker in the Neserdnia palace. "Wow." They both said quietly next to each other. Eugene was handing out flower crowns to the new arrivals. He glanced down at the two teens and smiled at them. "You're gonna be needing these." He said placing a flower crown on each of their heads.

"Téir abhalie riú, téir abhalie riú. Téir abhalie riú Mhearari." The three girls sang together and more people started dancing with the couple. The witch and alchemist were pulled away from each other to take turns dancing with the other townspeople. "Téir abhail gus fan da bhaile mar tá do mhargadh déanta!" The girls sang together and (Y/n) giggled as she received the chance to grab someone to join the dance. The worker girl stared at the witch with wide eyes as their fingers brushed against each other. (Y/n) was quick and pulled her in to dance.

Rapunzel passed the violin off to a citizen and they continued to play for her. She ran to dance joon her subjects in the fun. The witch smiled at the girl who had some dirt smudged on her cheek. (Y/n) was a few inches taller than the girl and smiled down at her. "You're new to Corona, aren't you?" She asked and she nodded.

Varian danced with Rapunzel before he received the opportunity to drag someone to dance. He was pushed out of the circle with a laugh. His eyes met the princess for a second. Varian saw how her eyes stared curiously at the dancing. "Care to dance?" Varian asked with a goofy grin as he extended his hand out to her. "Dear, don't even-" The King next to the princess started to say, but it was too late. The princess had accepted the alchemist's hand. Varian smiled as he quickly pulled her to rejoin the group dancing.

(Y/n) smiled at the servant while the girl stared down at their feet. "Don't worry about the steps. I'll lead." The witch said with a smile. The peasant girl nodded and squeaked in surprise as (Y/n) spun her with a laugh. "I'm (Y/n)." "El-Elizabeth." The girl said softly as a blush spread across her cheeks when (Y/n) pulled them ever so close together. "Pleasure to meet you." (Y/n) said with a bright smile before spinning herself. "I hope you enjoy your time here. I know I always do." (Y/n) said and Elizabeth nodded.

"This is quite the welcoming ceremony. Is it always like this?" The princess asked Varian and he laughed before shaking his head no. "Actually, this is the very first time we're doing something like this. We've been planning this for a few days and you just so happened to arrive the very night we try it." Varian said with a friendly smile before spinning the girl. As the princess spun she caught sight of her best friend with the girl who she assumes started all of this. Her eyes softened at the green eyes of her best friend. Their eyes met for a split second before it was broken by her being spun back into the alchemist. "May I get to know whom I'm dancing with?" She asked as she met Varian's blue eyes. "There's no need to be so formal. And it's Varian. You?" Varian asked casually and the princess was slightly taken back by how informal he was speaking to her. "Rosalie." The princess said with a gentle smile. Varian nodded with a smile and spun her once more.

Elizabeth spun (Y/n) out and their hands disconnected. (Y/n) continued to twirl and waved at her hopefully new friend. She kept spinning until she reached the center and stopped in place her skirt swinging around her. "Off with a spring in my step." She sang as she kicked up her skirt and skipped around the small circle that Varian believed was made for her. "The sailors are searching Galway for a young lady, such as yourself." (Y/n) sang as she gestured to the princess and gave a small bow before turning around to face Elizabeth. "For reels and jigs and maybe more!" She sang and the crowd cheered as she kicked up her skirt.

Catalina and Kiera both ran to the witch successfully avoiding the dancing townspeople to stand with her. "Stay here and never you mind. The lights of the town are blinding you." Catalina sang with a smile. Varian glanced at the girl he was previously dancing with before spotting (Y/n)'s somewhat abandoned partner. "The sailors they come and they go." Kiera sang and the sisters held hands. Varian easily guided him and the princess to the girl. Varian waved to the girl as he passed her off. Both girls stared at each other stunned as dark blushes covered their cheeks. "But listen to what's reminding you." They sang together and (Y/n) bend down to their level and nodding her head towards some of the kids their age. "See you soon!" Varian said to both of the girls before turning to get ready to sweep his favorite dance partner off her feet. "Handsome ones surrounding you." All three girls sang together and (Y/n) looked at all the people dancing and having a great time. Catalina and Kiera both went to be around kids their age and (Y/n) spun in center. "Dancing a reel around you!" (Y/n) sang out as she fully lost herself into the music and the ritual she was performing as she spun happily.

(Y/n) felt a hand around her waist and another hand holding hers. There was a break in the music as the witch and the alchemist stared at each other. Both surprised until their shocked faces faded into giggles. The music started once more and they both started to dance. "Home you'll go and it's there you'll stay and you've work to do in the morning. Give up your dream of going away. Forget your sailors in Galway." The young girls sang together as they clapped along with the rest of the citizens and guests.

"Téir abhalie riú, téir abhalie riú. Téir abhalie riú Mhearari." The three girls sang together and Varian spun (Y/n) before quickly pulling her back into his chest. "Téir abhail gus fan da bhaile mar tá do mhargadh déanta!" The violin picked back up and Varian took his chance to rejoin the dancing circle with (Y/n). Varian pulled her closer to him. "May I have this dance?" Varian whispered to (Y/n) making her laugh. "We're already dancing." She said and Varian rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean." He said and (Y/n) giggled as he spun her quickly. "You're getting taller. Stop it." Varian said and (Y/n) playfully scoffed. "What do you mean stop it? If I have to stop growing then so do you. It's only fair." (Y/n) said and it was Varian's turn to laugh.

The couple danced together happily until (Y/n) noticed the people that they both danced with before. Both girls were standing awkwardly next to each other and not dancing. (Y/n) nodded her head towards the two girls. Varian followed her gaze and looked back down at the witch. "You thinking what I'm thinking, Sapphires?" She asked and Varian thought for a moment before nodding. Varian placed a soft kiss to the witches cheek before he spun her out to grab one of the girls.

Both girls stared at (Y/n) surprised. "Come on!" She said with a large smile as she grabbed the princess' hand. "W-wait-" The princess tried to stop her, but (Y/n) had already pulled her to dance. "You must be the princess that Rapunzel told us about." (Y/n) asked and Rosalie nodded. "I-I am." "Well I'm sure Rapunzel is excited to have all of you here. And sorry about the whole...well all of this. This is a full moon on the summer solstice. We couldn't afford to miss this opportunity." (Y/n) explained briefly before spinning the princess. "What is all of this for if not a welcoming ceremony?" Rosalie asked and (Y/n) smiled. "That's for me to know and for you to possibly find out later. If you play your cards right, that is. I'm (Y/n) by the way." The witch said with a slight smirk before spinning herself and holding onto the girl's waist leading. "Rosalie." The princess said with a soft smile. "Nice to meet you, Princess Rosalie." (Y/n) said with a giggle.

Varian managed to grab Elizabeth's hand. "Come on! You can't let her have all the fun." Varian said with a smile as he nodded over to Faith. "I-I-" Varian cut her off by pulling her to dance. "It's one dance. What harm can it do?" Varian asked with a slight smirk before he spun the girl around. "I hope you had fun dancing with, (Y/n). I'm Varian." He said as he spun her back to him. "Elizabeth." The girl said and Varian nodded. The two continued to dance and Varian would stare at (Y/n) every few seconds with a smile on his freckled cheeks.

The music started to slow down and (Y/n) saw Rapunzel spin out to the center of the dance circle. "Listen to the music flow." Catalina, Kiera, and (Y/n) sang together. "I'm falling for the flow of home." Rapunzel sang happily as she smiled at her subjects and guests. (Y/n) gave a small curtesy to Rosalie as she let go of her hands. "I'll see you later!" She said before heading towards Rapunzel with Catalina and Kiera. "I'm home to dance till dawning." All four girls sang together. (Y/n) and Kiera danced together while Rapunzel and Catalina danced.

"Téir abhalie riú, téir abhalie riú. Téir abhalie riú Mhearari." The girls sang together and Kiera laughed as (Y/n) spun both of them. The girls switched partners and (Y/n) and Rapunzel were dancing together in the center. Varian's partner got swept away by Lance and he nodded over to (Y/n). Varian nodded and stared at his girlfriend with soft loving eyes. "Téir abhail gus fan da bhaile mar tá do mhargadh déanta!" Rapunzel and (Y/n) sang together. Eugene and Varian went up to both girls. Instead of (Y/n) going with Varian and Rapunzel going with Eugene, they switched. (Y/n) giggled as she now danced with Eugene.

"Stay a while and we'll dance together now as the light is falling." The four girls sang together. Eugene spun (Y/n) a couple of times making her giggle. Rapunzel smiled down at Varian and he smiled back. Eugene and Rapunzel took their chance to dance with each other. (Y/n) and Varian reached their hands out for each other only to be led away. (Y/n) was taken by Lance and Varian was taken by Catalina.

"We'll reel away till the break of day and dance together till morning." The girls sang together. Catalina laughed as Varian spun her around and dipping her slightly making her laugh more. Lance smiled down at (Y/n) while bragging about his dancing skills. The witch simply nodded along to whatever he said.

"Téir abhalie riú, téir abhalie riú. Téir abhalie riú Mhearari. Téir abhail gus fan da bhaile mar tá do mhargadh déanta!" Everyone sang together. The entire town singing and dancing happily. "Téir abhalie riú, téir abhalie riú. Téir abhalie riú Mhearari." The town sang together and (Y/n) was sent off spinning towards the center once more. "Téir abhail gus fan da bhaile mar tá do mhargadh déanta!" Catalina stopped moving before shoving the alchemist towards the witch.

"Do mhargadh dé-" The witch sang happily still spinning in the center. "Do mhargadh déanta!" The town sang together and on the last beat (Y/n) and Varian were up against each other. One of his hands on her waist while the other held one of her hands. The witch's free hand held his shoulder to keep herself from almost falling. Their chests rose and fell against each other slightly out of breathe. Both stared at each other for a moment before cheering was heard around them.

Rosalie and Elizabeth stared at the witch and the alchemist. "Hey...Rose?" Elizabeth asked her best friend. "Yes?" She asked not looking away from the couple. "I-I think I have a crush." The girl said softly and both girls looked at each other completely missing as the witch pulled the alchemist into a soft loving kiss. "I think I do too." The princess said and both friends smiled at each other. (Y/n) and Varian had pulled away from each other right before the friends looked back at them with soft blushes on their cheeks.

Lance overheard the teenagers conversation and butted in. "You both have a crush on one of them?" He asked as he pointed over to the happy teens. The girls looked at each other before nodding slowly. A smirk appeared on Lance's face as he thought of a plan. "Lucky for you two, they're both single. I'm Lance. Best friend of the princess' boyfriend. Now, who likes who?" Lance asked becoming more nosey by the second. "I-I think I like (Y/n)." Elizabeth said softly still somewhat unsure of her feelings not looking at her friend. Rosalie looked at Elizabeth before looking at the ground disappointed. Rosalie shook the feeling off and looked up with confidence at Varian. "I like Varian." She said and Elizabeth looked at her with the same disappointment in her eyes before it vanished.

Varian picked (Y/n) up by her waist and spun her and himself around as they both laughed. He placed her back down on the ground and (Y/n) quickly hugged him. "Sapphires, this was absolutely amazing!" (Y/n) said before pulling away from him. "It was pretty great. One of your best protection rituals if you ask me." He said and (Y/n) squealed. "I know! I can already feel it starting to work! Future dreams are the best!" (Y/n) said cheering and laughing. Varian chuckled at her as he watched how excited she was. His heart warmed up at the feeling of knowing how happy and excited she was. He only wanted to see her this way, but he knew he was special to have seen her at her highest of highs and her lowest of lows. "I love you so much, Milady. More than you could ever fathom." Varian said softly under his breath as she watched her start to chat with Rapunzel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
36.7K 852 13
After the band breaks up Floyd leaves to look for somewhere to go and when he comes across a city he decides to stay for a while.During his stay he f...
7.1K 252 6
(𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧! 𝐌𝐫. 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫) By using the legendary book series and news papers clippings as bases for their illegal careers, five no...
21.9K 320 34
𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙧 [nessa Barrett] [in witch a boy wants his clout back so he agrees to be in a fake relationship with a problematic girl who w...