[Pianist]

By alphaka742

Minnie is a famous pianist, after an accident she looses the ability to use her hands and will fall in depres... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
Announcement
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
News
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
A big thank you
XLIX
XLX
XLXI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
Epilogue
Special chapter
ANNOUNCEMENT

VIII

517 31 7
By alphaka742

Since she was younger Miyeon's father was always there in every single move she made; they used to sing and listen to music all the time.

Her father liked ballads the most, sure they listened to classical, jazz and blues too, but he was into ballads just like her daughter.

Like father like daughter.

Miyeon liked to remember him as her hero, the one that saved her life too many times that she couldn't even count them, he was always there.

When Miyeon started to play piano her father was always there to listen and to see how she improved through the years, he would ask Miyeon to play some ballads for him so he could sing with her.

He was a very kind man, he liked to help people and he loved her only daughter with all his heart.

Until life decided to repay his kindness with illness.

Miyeon was seventeen when her father was diagnosed with cancer. Every day was an agony, her father started to get weaker every day that passed, beside it he had the energy to ask Miyeon to play for him.

It was a cold December, Miyeon was nineteen when she was running to the hospital trying to hear her father's voice the last time. The rain was pouring and Miyeon was soaking wet.

She entered in the hospital and ran to her father's room but it was too late, that deafening noise of the machine was destroying Miyeon's ears. She signed papers and came into the room to look at his father, she asked if she could close his eyes.

The tears were streaming down her face as her hand landed on her father's eyes covering them, she closed them.

Sorry if I was late dad...

That day she returned home and composed "For you" the one she played to Minnie.

She even wrote a song but she didn't show it to Minnie, she wanted to, she will do it soon.

Miyeon was home at the moment thinking of the black haired girl, she knew about her hands, who didn't, but she wanted to know more about her, maybe something about her life, how she started her career and all.

She checked the time and she started to get ready and got to the studio.

Meanwhile, Minnie woke up and called Hyuna to get ready.

She arrived and stopped near the building, Minnie seemed like a kid that was going to school, she approached Hyuna and kissed her cheek –Greet Hyojong for me- the middle aged woman smiled at the mentioning of her boyfriend's name –I will-.

Seeing that the lights were already on Minnie pushed the door using her back and entered the building, as she entered she was met with her Chinese friend.

-Hi boss- said Yuqi giggling –I saw you smile to that girl yesterday, are you sure that you are telling us the truth??Just a friend? Pft- said the girl while walking into the coffee area.

-I barely know her- Minnie said annoyed by Yuqi.

Yuqi started to make the green tea for her and then she sat on the table waiting for it to be done.

-Well...You should ask her about her private things you know? Like things she likes and so on-

-I know that her hobbies are composing and listening to music, she goes to university...- Minnie continued to talk until she was interrupted by the door sound.

Soyeon peeked the room and saw her girlfriend –Ba...Yuqi- she blushed.

The Chinese turned around and smiled –She knows, don't be shy- she said –Babe...The studio is ready- the smaller finally said smiling at the taller.

-Good, wait I'll bring Minnie her green tea and then I am all yours- said Yuqi approaching her girlfriend and kissing her cheek while bringing the green tea to Minnie's studio.

The Thai girl started to do her usual work, cheek and sign sheets.

She was thinking about going to see a doctor one of this days, her hands need to be checked, even though she is scared of hospitals she needs to do it.

If it wasn't for that night... Minnie thought again.

Minnie was brought back to reality by a girl that stood in front of her –Morning Minnie- she said sweetly –Miyeon hey...- she said.

Minnie pov.

-Aren't you supposed to be in university? – I said worriedly.

-No, I will go soon- she said smiling at me and then approaching the chair in front of my desk sitting down, isn't she here to play?

-Let me help you with this sheets- she said kindly and I shook my head –go and play- I said declining her offer; I started to search for my pen and then I noticed that Miyeon was holding it –Miyeon I said play the piano-

-And I said that I want to help you- It's hard not to smile at her cuteness, I managed to stay serious.

After sometime I won and she was playing.

I was signing some papers when I felt a sharp pain going through my hands, I bit my lip trying not to make a sound, I dropped the pen that ended on the floor. Miyeon didn't turn, good, I don't want her to see me like this.

I stayed like that and watched Miyeon play.

-Miyeon- I said and she turned around still playing –Can you help me? – she smiled and got up closing the piano carefully.

She saw the pen on the floor and took it and sat down on the chair picking the sheets.

She looked at me –You don't have to be scared of asking for help if you need it- I nodded.

An hour passed and me and Miyeon were concentrated on the sheets.

-Why the piano? – I asked as I looked at her –My father...He was a music lover and at the age of nine years old he asked me if I wanted to play an instrument and I said the piano, I just find it amazing-

I could see pain in her eyes, I nodded and she looked at me –and you? Why the piano? – she asked starring deeply into my eyes.

-Piano was and is my soul- I said and looked at my piano for a second.

It is my soul.

As the time passed she looked at me.

-Would you like to come with me in university? - she said.

-If I'm not a burden then the answer is yes- I said and looked at her.

-Of course you aren't-

-Alright then, I need to tell Soojin to close the building after me- I stood up

I entered the dance practice studio and saw Soojin and Shuhua on the ground breathing heavily, I approached them.

-Soojin, Miyeon invited me to come with her to her university, I guess she wants to spend time together- I said and looked at Soojin that was smirking –It's ok love bird, you can go- Shuhua laughed at her girlfriend's sentence.

I went to Miyeon and I stared at the keys –Can you put them in my pocket? – I said looking at her.

Of course I will be a burden...I'm so useless.

She did it and then she smiled at me, her smile reaching her eyes.

We went to her car and she plugged my seatbelt.

-Minnie...Do you have siblings? – I nodded my head –I have two brothers, do you have siblings? –

-I don't...- she said sadly while pouting, cute.

-So you are from Thailand? – she asked and I nodded –I love Thai food, it's my favourite- I smiled.

-Oh I forgot, you'll get recognised if you walk in there without anything, here wear this- she said and handed me a black beanie and a pair of glasses, I nodded and I looked at her.

I'm so useless.

Her mouth opened and closed –Lower you head down- I did what she said and she helped me wear the beanie and then she putted the glasses on; I saw her smile.

We entered the building and I hid my hands in the pockets of my jacket, a brunette girl approached us.

-Hi Cho! – she said waving at both of us.

-Hi Jichu- the girl answered.

-Who are you??- the girl said pointing a finger to me.

-Oh...She is Minnie, my friend- said Miyeon.

-Minnie like the pianist, how funny- the girl laughed and I kind of panicked.

-Coincidence- I said.

We headed to the room and I sat down beside Miyeon and I saw her grabbing a notebook.

I've never been in a university room before, actually when I had those speeches about music I have, but never during a serious lesson. It's cute, everyone pays attention to the professor and everyone has a computer or a notebook to write things down.

I kept my hands in the pockets.

I put my head on the desk and I closed my eyes, I felt someone that was removing my glasses and I saw Miyeon that smiled at me, closing the glasses and putting them on the desk.

I don't remember much...I fell asleep after that, the only thing I could hear was Miyeon's pen's moving.

I opened my eyes and saw that me and Miyeon were the only ones left in the room, my eyes widened.

-Oh...You are awake- she said and smiled.

-Where is everybody? –

-Lesson is finished, I was taking the last notes- I nodded –We should go- she said smiling.

We entered her car again and she removed the things from me, she started to laugh.

-What? Is there something on my face? – she shook her head and leaned in as she started to fix my bangs –They were messed up- she shyly said and backed away.

-Give me your address, I'll bring you home- she said and I nodded saying my address.

-Would you like to come in? I don't know have a coffee? – Miyeon smiled and nodded.

Hyuna opened the door and smiled –Come in- she said and moved to the side.

-Hyuna, this is Cho Miyeon, my friend- I said smiling and turned to Miyeon –She is Hyuna my maid- I continued and saw Miyeon smile –Nice to meet you-.

Miyeon was sipping on her coffee and I was watching her.

-Have you ever thought to do a concert? – I said –Maybe composing something more-

She shook her head.

-Actually I was planning to show you something-.

What could it be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 168 13
"Min I Trust You! Min please remember me." Miyeon said crying while her breath was heavy. Minnie was clutching a hand around her neck and Miyeon cou...
18.6K 666 41
Season 2 of Captured Everything failed... I lost everything including the one I love. -Song Yuqi The other half of me doesn't define my overall pers...
27.4K 1.6K 32
White, a color that can symbolize goodness, innocence, purity, safety, peace, and much more. Seeing her in a white suit somehow made me feel at ease...
231K 8.2K 41
Soojin and Shuhua are members of the famous kpop group (g)idle. Shuhua loves Soojin, but Soojin never notices. this is a sooshu fic, since i've rec...