...With Love

By auzora_shipra_tsuki

We don't realise how damp a room was till a gust of fresh wind comes in. For me, that gust of wind was Reec... More

Foreword
.....With annoyance
.....With Mangoes and Monkeys

.....With fried rice and noodles

102 11 2
By auzora_shipra_tsuki

Nonsense and beauty have close connections.
-E. M. Foster
______________________

People here were beautiful inside and out and found even the smallest reasons to celebrate. They didn't make things complicated but kept everything very simple and straight forward. And that's exactly what made me fall in love with Marylewood.

I could have put it that way to make it sound good but then I'd be stuffing you with big fat lies

It was the food fights during the recess that I loved.

Though such wastage of food is highly immoral considering that there our considerably a huge number of people in the world who cannot even manage one square meal a day , I didn't care. Neither did anyone else seem to.
Not when they form one of the most amazing part of your limited school life.

Our school was kind of open, so it was generally the pigeons who got to eat more of the delicacies than the children. But on the brighter side , we are feeding animals.

"Yay Ciara, I finally hit someone. See my shot isn't that bad !" Lizzie said beaming.

"But who?"

"Me." Answered a very noodles covered Reece , to my question.

Me and Lizzie burst out laughing. He looked like a begger had just been taken out of trash with noodles sticking all around his hair and the ketchup on his face.
"Find it very funny?" Reece asked.
Before I could make a comeback or run away from him....

POOF !
All of a sudden , my world was covered in fried rice.

I turned around and shot a death glare to Reece , who appeared to be having facial cramps due to his effort to manage a straight face.

"You know what ,I'm done with this messy fight. No more throwing food on anyone for today." I declared .

"I know you're kidding. I'm not that stupid." Hah ! He thinks he's smart.

'Uh huh! I'm not." I went back and sat on my desk.

"Ciara , you know that you can tell me ,right?" Reece said with a pained expression.

"What?" I asked.

"The name of the weed you've been smoking ...." And with that , the humanoid monkey started stumbling from his laughter.

He'll see what I meant any moment now.

In a swift move I grabbed my bottle and uncapped it.

"Yay ! I believe in keeping the environment Clean." I shouted out to a Now-very-drenched-in-water Reece.

Remember how you guys laughed when I told you he looked like a begger who came out of trash ?
Well scratch that. This time it was even better.
He looked like the begged who just came out of trash had tried deep sea diving.

"That.Was.Priceless." I ended up chuckling and saw Reece's lips tug into a smile from the corner of his lips.
After a little more , it all ended with giggles and smiles.

The scenario was nothing like anything I'd experience before.

A humanoid monkey aka a deep sea diver plus trashy begger one of the best people I'd ever met, standing beside my fried-rice abundant head. The students fighting and laughing around with the expression of bliss of an opium addict dancing in a field of poppies.

The picture was perfect for the front page of tomorrow's newspaper.

I swear....

*********

Soon enough the weekends flew by and a very impolite guest arrived , namely Monday.

Arghhh ...... Couldn't I have a Sunday part two or something ?

Regarding the news paper , there was no photo of the food fight in the front page unfortunately.

Finally Reece's much awaited birthday was here. 4th of May.

Me and Lizzie knew it well but decided to act all forgetful and pretentious. How tough could it be , just act like you sply don't remember.

But boy , it was tough.

We kept pulling each other and wishpering things like :

'Don't shout , he'll get it.' Or 'Uff...you're overdoing it now.'

After attending all those tiring classes it kinda slipped my mind. And by our recess bell I was a little too much into integers and fractions.

No no no...Not that I forgot. I just happened to not remember. You got it , right ?

"Ciara , come fast! Canteen time." Lizzie dragged me out of enthusiasm.

"Relax girl.... I know for a fact that a delay of a minute won't make this school explode. Whats with the over exicetement Lizzie? The last time I checked we didn't have a rollercoaster in the canteen ."

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, an elbow aimed at my ribs damaging them on a permenant basis at that very instant.

"WHAT THE FUDGING HELL ! What was that for ?" I said as sweetly as an old lady who's house you just bombed.

As a reply I just got a very polite giggle from her.

Trust me guys, Lizzie was a hell of a living creature. No one could have guessed from her cute and sweet appearance that the girl had it in her to drag elephants.
Not that she did it but I bet she could.

Appearances can be deceptive !

"Forgot ? We were going to make Reece give us a treat ! " Lizzie said.

"Well I do remember planning for that superb idea ! Let's go for it." I cheered.

"Go for what ?" Reece came out of nowhere.

It was very unfortunate for the poor guy to emerge suddenly out of thin air.

What ? Two excited girls at a time is not a joke.

"Happy Birthday !"We engulfed him into a suffocating bear hug and to this day I wonder how he managed to survive that attack.

I'm sure he would have thought we were secret assassins and we thought him to be the drug lord .

"For the party you're gonna throw in the canteen today." Me and Lizzie chirped happily.
"Before you try to disagree with the idea, let me make you well aware of the fact that you'll turn into a cockroach if you do so." I added

"OMG , I'm so scared ...... I hate cockroacges !"
Whoa ! He pulled it off even better than a fangirl.

"And Ciara ,I always knew you people were involved in witchcraft. But how about turning me in to a frog. At least I'll have girls kissing me. "

"Really .... Reece , do you seriously believe that girl go on a kissing-frog spree to find a prince ?" Lizzie mocked.

"I don't know about really know but if I was the frog , I bet they would." He said and I couldn't help rolling my eyes.

Uff.. Self obsession.

"Mr I'm-so-effing-lame-that-Ciara-wants-to-punch-me , can we proceed to our treat. I can totally see you and lizzie staying without food but I need tons of energy."

"And why is that? Because you need to go and save the world from an evil monkey?" Lizzie asked.

"Haha ... Thats quite a good reason but its mainly because no matter what happens, my friend Reece here always stands out in the crowd by doing something that deserves a solid punch."

"Whoa ! Guys where's the sweetness and politeness lost which you learnt in kindergarten. Remember they see to teach us violence is bad. Mahatma Gandhi .... You forgot. " Reece said as if he was a depressed parent trying to teach his drug addict daughter some manners.

"Reece , not all girls are made up of sugar and spice and everything nice." I said.

"Really Shipra, a Powerpuff Girls reference. Whom are you talking to ? Mojo Jojo? "

'Well well , brilliant idea isn't it ? ' The voice inside my head said with a smug expression. But I thought I'll spare it for today. It must be already sad that he had turned so old ...

Birthdays you know , always reminding you have lesser of your life left.

But however the fact could never stop any of us to live life to it's fullest.

We believed in 'Carpe diem.' Specially Reece.

"Then what are you made up of Ciara?" Lizzie began only to be interrupted by the evil monkey "Sarcasm, spice and eve--"

"-- Definitely not everything nice." Mojo JoJo said.

"Well that's what it was supposed to be." I said with a glare .

"You lazy asses, I can totally see you guys wasting the whole recess in this bickering. But let me you , I'm interested in the food." Lizzie enlightened us. I swear if you put a halo on her head at that point of time , she would look like the fairy god parent. Just scrath the 'lazy asses' part.

"Yup let's go.... I can't imagine my day without food for so long." Then I turned to Reece ," Shall we go , Mr. Soon-to-be-a-cockraoach ?"

To that I got a genuinely scared reaction.

No matter what I say he always believes. Even if I said I'm queen Victoria. He wouldn't roll his eyes or come up with a smart ass. He'd rather say , ''I'm sorry if I ever disappointed you , your highness.'' With a bow.

Childish , I know.

But its the best thing to have someone like that.

Think for yourself. How many people have you met who would listen to every single thing you say and believe each word of it.

Who would have known that time that this particular date would be enough to bring tears to my eyes today.
4th May.

But that day was memorable and fun like any other day I spent with Reece. Just a little more special.

Never leave any space for regrets in the future. Make it so full of your memories that each day is a lifetime when you look back .

And I'm so glad that is exactly what I did.

***********

Author's Note :

Hello people ! Thank you so much if you're reading and voting this.
Let me know how do you like it so far !!!!

You can always act my critique whether it is constructive or harsh ! I would love honest reviews.

-With Love
Shipra

[Posted on : 4th May '15 ]

Continue Reading