...With Love

By auzora_shipra_tsuki

We don't realise how damp a room was till a gust of fresh wind comes in. For me, that gust of wind was Reec... More

Foreword
.....With annoyance
.....With fried rice and noodles

.....With Mangoes and Monkeys

35 9 3
By auzora_shipra_tsuki

Stars are dead , yet manage to light up the enitire sky. Then, why can't you light up one life ?
- Shipra Pandey
________________________

I love all the people I know . Some I love to be with , many I love to avoid and few I would love to smack in the face.

But there's this dummy called Reece who manages to be all of the above categories.

"I love love love mangoes.... Summers are the best." Reece said , digging in his food.

"Well... Considering that you're a monkey shouldn't you like bananas more . " I said .

"Hey ! ", he protested ," Its not necessary that all monkeys have to eat bananas only. Then can like mangoes too....."

Me and Lizzie burst into a fit of giggles .

"Reece , did you just admit you are monkey ?" Lizzie managed in between her laughs . "You were literally protesting about it ."

"No. I was just speaking in interest of the poor prior monkeys who likes mangoes. Just because they can't communicate it doesn't mean you will judge them and their choices ." Reece said exasperatingly as if explaining a tragic part in a play.

"Man.... You're so nice to your brothers . I wish all humans had this spirit of fraternity too ." I said mockingly.

"I AM a human.We all were monkeys but then we evolved . Remember that concept ?" Reece asked.

"Well then ,you are a proof that evolution CAN go reverse." I mentally patted myself at my witty comeback. I swear I'd die the day sarcasm is banned in the world

"Okay Ciara , Reece over with this. If you really want to fight on pointless issues then get your world record registered. " Lizzie interrupted.

"Whoa Lizzie you're a genius. Ciara imagine, we could just be on fire . I mean , we'll be so famous after getting the "World Record For The Longest Argument On The Most Pointless Of Issues. " Reece visualised his appealing idea which didn't seem very appealing to me .

"I would prefer a world record for 'Eating all the tastiest things in the world' That would be so nice. " I said.

"Seriously dude." Reece continued with his rotten expression,"When are you going to get over food , I want Action , thrill -"

"- And a kick on your ass. Adventurous enough , isn't it ? " I stuck out my tongue at him.

"You people wanna die today ?" Lizzie reminded us about our close chances of getting gruesomely murdered by her if we didn't shut up.

"Ciara will go first !" Reece cheered .

"What ?" I frowned.

"Yeah , Ladies first. Don't you know. Lizzie kill her first. " The idiot tacted.

"Okay Lizzie ask me what I want before I die." I said.

Lizzie raised the ruler in her hand at my neck just as if she had defeated me in a swordfight and said , "Any suggestions on your death ,my friend?"

"Just make it quick ,that's all." The spirit of a brave soldier who was ready to sacrifice her life for the sake of her people and nation  was now totally into me.

Lizzie did a fake slashing sound and moved the ruler in the air .

"One down. Now tell me , how would you like to die ?" Lizzie asked Reece.

"What nonsense." The idiot literally broke the whole flow of the act.

"Way to spoil the fun , Mojo JoJo ." I disapproved.

"Haha... Girls ask such stupid questions. 'How do you want to die' ", he said mimicking a girl's voice.

"I don't want to die . Its simple as that." Reece said.

"Its not that you're not going to, someday. Just because you don't want to." Lizzie said.

"Shit man.... I just forgot that. How would I live without you two." I said with an exaggerated expression.

"Where is that coming from Ciara ?" Reece asked.

"First promise me you both won't tell anyone. "

"Okay." Lizzie said rolling her eyes.

"Pinky promise. " The monkey cheered.

"The thing is that ... I don't know how am I suppose to say this but...... Okay. To the point. I'm immortal and I own the world . " I declared my secret.

But my friends here didn't seem to take me seriously. Instead I could hear suppressed giggles coming from their sides .

Note to self : Never ever raise the topic of your immortality in front of them. It's beyond these mortal souls .

With that divine thought I decided to close the topic about my supreme powers over the universe and shot both my dear friends a death glare .

Reece noticed that , unlike Lizzie and reacted accordingly .

"I'm so sorry , your Highness." He got down on one knee and bowed.

And that very gesture made me laugh so much.

"That was too cheesy Reece. " I rolled my eyes.

"Okay then , your majesty of majesties ?" He suggested.

"No . Definitely not this on. "

"Princess. "

"Haha. What am I ? Your five year old daughter?" I chuckled.

"Wait a sec .... When did you become 5 , you're still 2 princess."

"Yeah a tall , tall two year old." Lizzie joined.

"That's called model height."

How I love flaunting about my height.

I don't remember how the conversation went after that. I wish I really did write a personal dairy that time so that I could recollect.

But what I do remember is forgetting all about wanting to kill them.

I realised one thing that day. Many times the small things which others often overlook are the things that matter so much to you.

You dont akways require something really special .No big gesturs , nothing fancy. You can simply feel at the top of the world without any reason.

Just like Marlywood made me feel.

********

"So children , your summer  vacations start from tomorrow. Enjoy , yes. But do complete all your assignments." Our class teacher announced before leaving the class.

"Yipee ! Vacations. " I squealed with happiness.

"Yeah finally a break from school." Lizzie said .

"And Ciara will be turning old." Reece pointed out."15th of June isn't it."

"You're elder than me by a month and 11 days then."

Hah ! I know maths.

"What do you do on your birthdays?" Lizzie asked.

"Me being the foodie I am, birthdays are all about good food to me."

"And what's on the top of your menu card?" Reece asked.

"Chick,of course. I wouldn't mind dating chicken burgers you know!"

See before you judge me I have a sad story to tell , mind you , itsdefinitely not for the weak hearted. Here it goes:
My Mom comes from a family where everyone eats and cooks really hot and spicy food. Specially their chicken curry..... Mmm ! Its worth dying for.

Then there's my Dad, who comes from a vegetarian family and I guess all you find in his side of the families' kitchen is vegetables and salt. Perhaps the only spice they use.

But when they got married there wasn't a clash of titans. Things went smoothly.

Then came me and sister , who turned out to be hardcore chicken lovers. My parents are totally cool with that .

But my mom doesn't cook non veg at home because she loves Dad and trying to respect him being vegan and blah blah blah.

Don't get me wrong. Its pretty sweet of both of them.

The only way to have chicken is to order it from a restaurant but another tragedy lies there.

They don't make it like out my mom's tradition curry.

Oh my my .... I'm sorry I think I won't be tragic story anymore.

I'm sorry to those of you , whom I made to cry.

Reece's laugh snapped me back to reality bringing me out of the catastrophe running through my head.

"Why ? O why Ciara , do you kill harmless cute little chickens ? Do you not feel sorry for those little creatures for roasting their lives out of them. How could you ......" He said trying to manage that serious expression of his , which not to mention, looked utterly stupid on him.

Then again , before I could come up with some of my sarcastic answers he began again just in time.

"I never knew that this friend of mine whom I've known for so long will turn out to be a Monkey-discraminating-chicken-roasting girl !" And giving the final touch with a fake sob ,he completed . "But I guess , with time , I'll find a way to heal my wounds ."

"Yeah whatever you guys.....Now the idea of that stupid world record seems more and more possible to me."

5 more threats of gruesome murders from Lizzie and 17 lame aruguements later , School ended and we our goodbyesmoving forward to our summer break.

"Bye Lizzie.Bye Mo Jojo. See you guys after a long long long time."

"You guys too. See you again when you've turned into an oldie Ciara. Be ready to pick my call at midnight."

It felt so nice to hear that. Because I knew well eough that lizzie doesn't stay up till late and that was really sweet of her.

'After all my choice . Who doesn't know I'm awesome ' The voice inside my head said with a smirk .

'Uff..... Not you right now! Let me focus in my friends here." With that I  dismissed the voices inside my head to hear Reece shouting at a distance.

"Eagerly waiting for 15th , Queen Victoria."

Its such a great joy to your heart when you know someone else awaits hour special day more than you do.  Trust me , its more than enough to make your day .

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hola my dearest readers ..... If you're reading this I love you to death !

Actually this chapter was to be updated on 15th of June , my actual birthday but ....... The deadline inspiration didn't really work this time . So here I am half a month late.

My birthday was really great though a few things did disappoint me. Well , I guess it was my expectations which are truly responsible.

Isn't it funny when you feel like you have to drag a conversation with someone  you earlier  could talk to about all sorts of pointless things in these universe.

Time makes friends feel so distant. Once they're gone away you can't really call them best friends anymore , the bond soon demotes to friends and then as time goes on they just become someone you hardly say hello . I hate it.

Something similar is happening with that friend of mine. I didn't enjoy talking to him the last time as I always used to. The fact that I was pissed at him for being too late to wish didn't help either. It felt like he hardly knows me , and I felt like he didn't even try the least bit  , I just wanted to shout

Arghh.... Why can't everyone be like Reece !? All his fault , raising the expectations regarding friends. Damn Reece , I'm missing you and you've got no idea how much !

So anyways keeping my personal issues aside ,let me know how you like this chapter .... If you find any mistakes feel free to notify I'll be thankful.

Posted on - 30th June'15

Continue Reading