Broken Walls {ON HOLD}

By IsaacsScarfs

Nesryn Lockwood has gone through a lot in her short seventeen years. When she meets a kind gentleman things c... More

~Cast & Playlist~
~Quotes & Moodboards~
~Prologue~
~Rosewater~
~The Invitation~
~Scrapped Palms- pt.1.~
~Scrapped Palms- pt.2.~
~The Audacity~
~First Dance~
~Rose~
~Explanation- pt.1.~
~Explanation-pt.2.~
~Friends~
~By the Light of the Moon~
~Niklaus~
~Safehouse~
~60's Dance~

~Dinner Party~

21 1 0
By IsaacsScarfs

I ended up going to a party with mom the next day, it was basically a tea party but Elijah had texted me and told me he would be there. So after convincing my mom that I wasn't going to simply make jokes and eat the free food, which was a lie, she agreed for me to go.

"No, I'm focusing mostly on the smaller regions of Virginia. Lots of research, strictly academic." Elijah said as he gave my mom a smile.

"That's fascinating." Mom said, but Damon caught her eye as he walked up to us. I noticed Elijah step slightly closer to me. After I told him that Damon was rude to me when I tried to get the stake out of his chest, he held on to a grudge for the oldest Salvatore.

"Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls founding families." Mom said as she gave Damon a sweet smile.

"Mmhmm, such a pleasure to meet you." Damon said as he glared at Elijah before looking at me with a smirk.

"No, pleasures all mine. Nesryn actually already told me that the Salvatores are a founding family." Elijah said as he shook hands with Damon.

After Damon and Mom quit talking, Elijah excused himself, and I told Mom I had to go to the bathroom. I walked into my dad's office right when Elijah started talking to Damon again.

"What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asked as I walked up to him, but he just stared at Damon with a bored look on his face.

"I was hoping we could have a word." Damon said looking over his shoulder.

'Where's Elena?" Elijah asked as he looked around the room as if he's never been in it before.

"Safe, with Stefan. They're laying low, you know. Bit of a werewolf problem, thanks to Nesryn's brother. Who knows maybe she's one too." Damon said as he glared at me.

"I'm not a werewolf if I was you wouldn't have left bruises on me when I tried to help Elijah, or I could have simply fought you and we wouldn't have to deal with you anymore. Honestly, that's my favorite one. I would have done it too." I said as I glared at him, Elijah shot me a small smile over his shoulder before facing forward again.

"Both of you please, stop, and yes Damon I know. Nesryn came to me for help when he killed that Tommy boy." Elijah said as he ran his fingers on the top of the couch.

"Oh, did she now? Well, Nesryn did you know it was his witch that saved the day?" Damon asked.

"How am I supposed to know, I wasn't there when it happened Damon." I said as I stepped closer to the men.

"You are welcome." Elijah said to Damon before looking over at me.

"Which adds to my confusion on why you're here, playing around with the little Lockwood pup." Damon said pointing over at me.

"Why don't you leave Nesryn out of your thoughts and stay focused on keeping Elena safe? And leave the rest to me." Elijah said as he turned to me and lightly pushed me to the door. But Damon sped in front of us and pulled me to his chest and wrapped his hand around my throat.

"Not good enough." Damon said. 

Elijah quickly removed Damon's hand from my throat and pushed him against the wall. As Damon tried to grab Elijah's throat, Elijah pulled his hand away like it was nothing.

"You young vampires are so arrogant. How dare you come in here and challenge me?" Elijah asked.

"You can't kill me, man. It's not part of the deal." Damon said as he struggled against Elijah's hand.

"Silence." Elijah simply said before stabbing a pinnacle into Damon's neck. 

"I'm an Original, show a little respect. The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead. If you ever put Nesryn in harm's way again, you're dead. So you should do what I say. Keep Elena safe, and stay away from Nesryn." Elijah turned away from Damon and wrapped his hand around mine to pill me to the door.

"You didn't have to do that, he wouldn't have hurt me, not here at least. My mom is here, and they're 'friends' just not best friends like us." I said to him as we walked around. We stopped close to a door frame as he turned to look at me.

"You are one of the only people I truly care for, I'm not taking that chance. You are my best friend for a reason." Elijah said as he looked at me, before dropping his gaze down to my necklace. 

"I had mom help me." I said as I picked up the pendant.

"What are you two talking about?" Jenna asked as she walked up to us.

"Oh, nothing." I said as I wrapped my arm around her hip, before pulling her into a side hug.

"Well, I'll leave the two of you to talk. It was nice seeing you again Jenna, Nesryn." Elijah said as he gave us a smile before walking off. Jenna let out a whistle before turning to look at me.

"You have him wrapped around your pretty little finger. Did you see the look in his eyes when he looked at you? My god girl, I'm going to have to lock you up to keep the men away from you." She said as she poked at my sides. Laughing at her words, I just shook my head at her.

~~~

As Nesryn trailed along with Elijah and Jenna as they walked to the Fell's old property, she couldn't help but think about what Jenna had said. About the part of him being wrapped around her finger.

Elijah had defended her multiple times, and he was defiantly more affectionate with her than Matt was. Yeah, Matt would hold her hand if she needed it, and he would kiss her cheek or head as a goodbye. 

But Elijah was different, when he would kiss her head or hold her hand, sparks would shoot through her. Like how the main characters in romance movies always said would happen. Nesryn was quickly pulled out of her thoughts when they came up to the fence that was the start of the Fell's property.

"Ah, the Fells, Nesryn told me they are one of the 'Founding Families'. Like the Salvatores." Elijah said as he shows the younger girl a smile, before going back to playing with the twig he had picked up at the beginning of their walk.

"Why do you say it like that?" The ex-babysitter asked as she looked down at the map in her hands.

"My research had shown me that this area was actually settled, almost two centuries earlier." Elijah said still playing with the twig.

"It was a migration of townsfolk from the Northeast, um, it was Salem to be precise." He continued until Nesryn tripped over her feet. Elijah quickly caught her arm to steady her.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked the Original, before shooting Nesryn a concerned look.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families, they didn't actually find anything." Elijah said as he threw the twig away.

"Well, I bet it was the men that made it a big deal about being founders back in the 1860s. Men are very territorial." Jenna said sending Nesryn a knowing look as she folded the map back up.

"Yes, they are." Elijah said as he stared at Mr. Saltzman as he walked down the small hill, before smirking down at Nesryn as she bumped his shoulder with her. Which quickly fell as he watched her squat down to pick something up. As she rose up she dusted off a rock that she showed him with a big smile on her face.

"Look, it's shiny." Nesryn said with a giggle as she continued to whip the dirt off of it. Jenna turned to Elijah as Mr. Saltzman got closer to the trio.

"Elijah, this is my friend and one of Nesryn's teachers. Alaric Saltzman." Jenna said as she smiled at Mr. Saltzman, as Nesryn gave him a small wave.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. I just didn't know that Nesryn would be here too, but where too next" the teacher said sending his student an odd look. 

Damon had told him that they seemed closer than they should be but it was odd seeing them. The pair were practically touching where they stood, but Nesryn paid him no mind as she continued to clean the rock in her hands.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, that the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah said as he stared down the teacher.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car, just give me a sec." Jenna said as she walked away from the group.

"Alaric Saltzman. You're one of the people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah said giving Mr. Saltzman a cocky smile.

"Yeah, and so is Jenna, and I can only assume Nesryn is too. Even then I don't really like the idea of you hanging around one of my students. Oh, wait, one of my underage students." Mr. Saltzman said as he looked over at the girl.

"Mr. Saltzman, Elijah, and I are friends." Nesryn said softly from beside Elijah as she stuck the rock into Elijah's jacket pocket.

"You don't have to be jealous and you don't have to worry about Miss Lockwood, I don't really pursue younger women." Elijah said as he looked over Alaric's shoulder.

"It's a joke, Ric, lighten up." the older man said as he patted the teacher's shoulder before walking away.

~~~

When we walked into the grill Damon was sitting with Alaric at one of the tables. When he raised his hand and said 'hi' to us Mr. Saltzman turned away with a huff.

"Hey, guys." Jenna said as she walked up to them.

"I heard your two had quite a meeting of historical minds today." He said as he eyed Elijah.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that, but Nesryn was with us so it was three. Not two." Jenna said looking over at me.

"I'm going to go sit down." I said as I started to walk away, but was quickly stopped when Damon's girlfriend said something about a dinner party.  They continued to talk about plans for the party, as Jenna linked her fingers with mine.

"I'm free tonight, but I'll only go if Nesryn does. Make it an even number so no one is left out. What do you say hon?" Jenna asked as she pulled me into a hug.

"Um, yeah sure, but you get to ask my mom. She'll say no if I do." I said as I hugged her back.

"It'd be a pleasure, but I should take Nesryn home first. I was the one that drove her after all." Elijah said as he looked at Damon before looking over at me with a smile.

"Yeah, I don't really think my outfit is a dinner party type of outfit." I said with a small laugh as I looked down at my sweats and my dad's oversized hoodie.

~~~

By the time we had gotten to the Salvatore house, it was already dark outside. Elijah was sitting in the passenger seat as I drove. When we pulled up I turned off the truck but stayed seated. I was spinning my ring when Elijah grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I turned to look at him. 

"Damon makes me uncomfortable." I said as I looked down at my hands. He let out a sigh before grabbing my chin to make me look at him.

"You'll be ok, I won't leave you alone with him, and Jenna's here too, she won't let anything happen to you either. Trust me, now let's get this over with." He said giving me a smile before he got out, letting out a huff too as I followed him to the door. I had my hand wrapped around his arm but quickly dropped it before the door opened to show Damon.

"Good evening." Elijah said as he looked at the younger vampire.

"Thank you both for coming, please, come in." Damon said as he nodded for us to enter. When I took a step past Elijah he stuck his arm out in front of me.

"Just a moment, little rose. Can I just say that if you have anything less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed I suggest you reconsider?" Elijah said pulling me a bit closer to him.

"No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you, and before you say it. I know, if any harm comes to the Lockwood pup, you'll kill me." Damon said with a fake smile.

"Hmm, well that's good. Because you know although Elena and I have this deal if you so much as to make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and everyone in this house. Except for Nesryn and Jenna, are we clear?" Elijah said as he stepped into the house after I walked in. Not wanting to hear anymore I walked deeper into the house when Jenna turned around the corner.

"Hey, baby, look at you and your long-ass legs. You look amazing, are you trying to impress Elijah? If you are I think it'll work." She said as she pulled me into a hug before kissing my cheek.

"Jenna, we're just friends, and what are you talking about? You look better than I do." I said as we pulled away from our hug.

"Jenna, wonderful to see you again. How are you?" Elijah said as he walked up behind me, he placed his hand on my back when he made it to us.

~~~

As dinner dragged on the same bad feeling filled my chest, as I started to bounce my leg. After a while, Elijah placed his hand on my knee and gave it a light squeeze. Taking in a deep breath, I sent Jenna a smile from across the table, she returned it, but she seemed worried.

Damon had been talking about some cognac he had been saving as he stood up from the table. Not long after everyone else followed, not wanting to be alone I stood up too.

"Not you Lockwood, you're too young." Damon said as he gave me a fake smile, Andie, Damon's girlfriend said something about the guys taking their drinks in the study. Rolling my eyes at her I stayed next to Elijah.

"I have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company." Elijah said as he looked over at me before laying his napkin down on the table. 

"I like you." Andie said giving Elijah a flirty smile, he returned it before placing his arm out for me to take. Wrapping my hand around his bicep, we were just about to walk into the study when Andie grabbed my arm and pulled me to her. "Oh, honey, you're with me and Jenna." She said pulling me into the kitchen with her, as Jenna talked to Mr. Saltzman.

We were setting the dishes down in the kitchen when Jenna brought up dessert, but Andie ignored her as she walked up to me.

"So what's going on between you and Elijah? He looks at you the way I wish Damon looked at me. Don't even get me started on how cute it was when he put his hand on your leg during dinner." She said as she gave me a smirk.

"We're just friends, if you don't mind I'm going to go tell the guys that we forgot about dessert." I said as I tossed the towel I had onto the countertop. Making my way into the study I glared at Damon as I walked up to them.

"I know you both heard what Andie was asking, so what are you getting at Damon? Is it odd to you that I like Elijah's company over yours?" I asked as I crossed my arm over my chest, but before I could get an answer John and Mr. Saltzman walked into the room.

"What's going on here?" John asked before looking over at Alaric. Turning around I gave him a smile.

"Oh, I was just telling Elijah and Damon we forgot about dessert." 

"Now we can't forget about the best part of dinner now can we?" John said as he held his arm out for me to take. Giving him a shy smile I took it before following him into the dining room. Andie walked out of the kitchen as Elijah and Damon followed John and I. Elijah was about to say something when Alaric walked up behind him. Before I could say anything, he stabbed Elijah.

John grabbed me and held his hand over my mouth as I tried to scream out for them to stop. But they just stood around and watched as Elijah turned grey and his veins started to become prominent. Tears ran down my cheeks as John held me tighter, Mr. Saltzman told Damon to get rid of Elijah and I before Jenna came back. 

Damon walked over to John and I before grabbing my arm and pulling me away from John. John walked over to Elijah and Damon held his hand over my mouth as I continued to cry. When we made it to the basement John dumped Elijah onto the ground as Damon threw me down, when my head hit the ground it went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 62.9K 56
๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | โ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™š๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จโž โŽฏโŽฏ In which Tyler Lockwood's sister is the key to the immortal hybr...
191K 5.2K 48
"แดฌแต— แต—สฐแต‰ แต‰โฟแตˆ แต’แถ  แต—สฐแต‰ หขแต—แต’สณสธ แต—สฐแต‰ แต‡แต’แต—สฐ แต’แถ  แต˜หข สทแต‰สณแต‰ หขแต—โฑหกหก แถœแต˜สณหขแต‰แตˆ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson
852K 27.8K 66
Sedatephobia: The fear of silence. Mikaelsons x oc Finn x oc Elijah x oc Klaus x oc Kol x oc Rebekah x oc Henrik x oc
48.9K 1.5K 23
The Vampire Diaries AU pretty much Finn Mikaelson x OC