SKYFALL - F. HARGREEVES¹ - TH...

By Leo_In_Saint_Tropez

Ask me if I prefer the event of a falling sky or a breaking Moon. The Moon's light will shine no more if it b... More

☂ ᏰᏋᎶᎥᏁᏁᎥᏁᎶᏕ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏬᎷᏰᏒᏋᏝᏝᏗ ᏗፈᏗᎴᏋᎷᎩ ☂
☂ ᏋᎮᎥᎶᏒᏗᎮᏂ ☂
☂ ᏇᏋ ᎧᏁᏝᎩ ᏕᏋᏋ ᏋᏗፈᏂ ᎧᏖᏂᏋᏒ ᏗᏖ ᏇᏋᎴᎴᎥᏁᎶᏕ ᏗᏁᎴ ᎦᏬᏁᏋᏒᏗᏝᏕ ☂
☂ ᏂᎥᎷ ᏗᏁᎴ Ꭵ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᎧᏕᏋ ᏋᎥᎶᏂᏖ ᎴᏗᎩᏕ ☂
☂ ᏒᏬᏁ ᏰᎧᎩ ᏒᏬᏁ ☂
☂ ᏇᏂᏗᏖ ᏂᏗᎮᎮᏋᏁᏋᎴ ᏖᏂᏗᏖ ᏁᎥᎶᏂᏖ ☂
☂ ᎥᏁᏉᎥᏕᎥᏰᏝᎩ ᏰᏒᎧᏦᏋᏁ ☂
☂ ᏋጀᏖᏒᏗ ᎧᏒᎴᎥᏁᏗᏒᎩ ☂
☂ ᎦᎥᏒᏕᏖ ᏖᏂᏋᎩ ᏦᎥᏝᏝᏋᎴ ᎷᎩ ᎷᎧᏖᏂᏋᏒ ☂
☂ ᎷᏗᏁ ᎧᏁ ᏖᏂᏋ ᎷᎧᎧᏁ ☂
☂ ᏇᏂᏋᏒᏋ ᏗᏒᏋ ᎩᎧᏬ ☂
☂ ᏁᏬᎷᏰᏋᏒ ᎦᎥᏉᏋ ☂
☂ Ꭵ'Ꮇ ᎦᏋᏋᏝᎥᏁᎶ ᎷᏬᏒᎴᏋᏒᎧᏬᏕ ᏖᎧᎴᏗᎩ ☂
☂ ᏕᏋፈᏒᏋᏖᏕ ᏗᏒᏋ Ꮧ ᎴᏋᏗᎴ ᏇᎧᎷᏗᏁ'Ꮥ ᏖᏗᏝᏋ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏖᎥᏖᏗᏁᏕ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᎴᏗᎩ ᏖᏂᏗᏖ ᏇᏗᏕᏁ'Ꮦ ☂
☂ ᎧᏁᏋ ᏇᏗᎩ ᎧᏒ ᏗᏁᎧᏖᏂᏋᏒ ☂
☂ ፈᏋᏝᏋᏰᏒᏗᏖᎥᏁᎶ 1Ꮶ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᎴᏗᎩ ᏖᏂᏗᏖ ᏇᏗᏕ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋᏒᏋ ᏗᏒᏋ ᏝᎥᏋᏕ ᎥᏁ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏝᎥᏋ ☂
☂ ᎦᏝᏗᏕᏂᏰᏗፈᏦ - ᎦᏗᎷᎥᏝᎥᏗᏒ ᏕᏖᏒᏗᏁᎶᏋᏒᏕ ☂
☂ ᎦᏝᏗᏕᏂᏰᏗፈᏦ - 31 ᎩᏋᏗᏒᏕ ☂
☂ ᎦᏝᏗᏕᏂᏰᏗፈᏦ - ᏖᏂᏋ ᏋᏝᎴᏋᏒᏕ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏋᏝᎴᏋᏒᏕ ☂
☂ ᎦᏝᏗᏕᏂᏰᏗፈᏦ - ᏖᏂᏋ ᎤᏬᎥᏋᏖ ᏒᎧᎧᎷ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ፈᎧᏕᏖ ᎧᎦ ᎩᎧᏬ ᏇᏗᏕ ᏁᎧᏖ ᏕᏬᎦᎦᎥፈᏋ ☂
☂ Ꭵ ᏂᏋᏗᏒᎴ Ꮧ ᏒᏬᎷᎧᏒ ☂
☂ ፈᏋᏝᏋᏰᏒᏗᏖᎥᏁᎶ 2Ꮶ ☂
☂ ᏂᎧᏇ ᎴᎧ ᎩᎧᏬ ᎶᏋᏖ ᏒᎥᎴ ᎧᎦ ᏖᏂᏋ ᎮᏗᎥᏁ? ☂
☂ ᎩᎧᏬ ᎴᎧᏁ'Ꮦ ☂
☂ ፈᏂᏗᏁᎶᏋᏕ ☂
☂ ᏇᏗᎥᏖᎥᏁᎶ ᎦᎧᏒ ᎷᏗᏒᎥᏋ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏋᏁᎴ ᎧᎦ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏋᏁᎴ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏇᏂᎥᏖᏋ ᏉᎥᎧᏝᎥᏁ ☂
☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ᎴᎧᎧᏒ ᎥᏕ ᎧᎮᏋᏁ ☂

☂ ᎩᎧᏬ ፈᏗᏁ'Ꮦ ᏕᏖᎧᎮ ᎥᏖ ☂

1.5K 59 58
By Leo_In_Saint_Tropez

DO YOU SEE THE COLLATERAL BEAUTY

"Clever girl."

"It should only be a couple more minutes on the jelly-filled. I'll call you when they're ready." The waitress said to Cha-Cha, who was stubborn and impatient to get her doughnuts.
She walked towards. Suddenly, she heard a woman laugh from the side of the shop. Then she heard Hazel. She took a peek from the corner. They were laughing together. Smiling. "That son of a bitch!" Cha-Cha cursed. He was supposed to get food. Chinese food. She saw him get in the car, and drive away.

***

"Get you goin' here. A quick--" Diego started, as he was starting to tie Klaus back onto the chair.

"You know, no, I-- think... I think this was..." Klaus stood up.

"Whoa. Wait."

"I think this was a bad idea. No. I just-- I should have had just one last hit to ease me into it. That's all I need. I'll be right back."

"Mm-hmm. No, no, no." Diego stopped him from going anywhere. "I don't think so."

"No... That's not how it works, Diego."

"Nope. Sit down."

"Diego, listen. Just listen."

"Sit."

"Just listen." And soon enough, Diego punched Klaus in the gut. Making him groan loudly. Diego pushed him back so he sat in the chair.

"Sit your ass down. Sit down. Sit down." He grabbed the blue rope and started tying him again.

Klaus gasped and coughed. "Damn it, Diego!" He oved his wrists around to break free. Diego knocked over a lamp. "Damn it! Stop it!"

"Nope." He continued going in a big circle, trying to keep his brother in place.

"Stop it!"

"Nope!"

"Get off! Get... Get off! Get off!" Klaus struggled. Klaus grunted as Diego put his good arm across Klaus's shoulders. "Listen, listen. Listen to me." Diego pulled on the rope, so it was tight. "Listen to me." Klaus groaned. This was normal. To the two Hargreeves siblings, this was normal. "I can conjure her for you."

"Stop. Stop."

"Patch! I can--"

"Don't use her name like that, okay?!" Diego pulled on his brother's shirt as he yelled.

"Let me-- Just let me go."

"You can't conjure shit until you're clean!"

"Please..." He whimpered.

"I don't wanna see her until I can tell her that I buried the bastards that killed her." He spoke in a low voice.

"Please. Please, Diego." Klaus's breathing became quick. "Please." He shut his eyes and started groaning. "Please, Diego."

Diego finished tying the rope, and grabbed a blue bucket from an old wooden shelf. "This is for next time. Puke, pee, whatever you need. Multipurpose. See?" He walked away.

"Diego!" Klaus watched him walk away without looking back. "Diego, please come back! You prick!" Tears welled up in his eyes. He started rocking around in his chair. The bucket fell to the floor. The legs of the chair scraped the old floorboards. He squinted from the ropes burning his skin. He moved around just enough, that he fell over in his chair.

And then the bombs whistled.

"Lock and load, Charlie's away!" Klaus yelled.

"Fire up those Claymores!" A soldier yelled.

"Whew! Christ on a cracker, that was a close one, huh, Dave?"

"I'm out of ammo!"

"Dave?" Klaus noticed he said nothing. He didn't move. He shook his shoulder. Then he rolled him over on his back. A large bullet wound on his chest. Blood soaking up his dark green shirt. Klaus covered the wound. "Medic!" He yelled. "Medic!" He looked at Dave. His face pale. "Hey! Dave, look at me. Look at me. Okay?" Dave coughed. Blood slowly flooding his mouth. "Oh, damn it. Medic!" More bombs whistled. He caressed his partner's head. Klaus's hands shook. "Okay. Look at me. Hey, hey, hey. Hey. Hey. It's okay. Hey." He put pressure on his wound. Dave started choking on his own blood. "Hey. Please, please... Please stay with me, Dave." Klaus pulled his head into his chest. "Stay with me. No, no, no, no, no, no, no! No, no, no."
"Damn it, I need a medic!" Klaus yelled again. Crying, as he looked back at Dave's face. His eyes were open. He stared at the night sky, as his lips were parted. Klaus started tapping his face with his bloodied hand. Begging for him to wake up. To grab his hand and say, "I'm not going anywhere." But he didn't. That was only a dream. Klaus was in the past. But this was reality. Klaus closed his eyes and cried. Pushing his forehead against Dave's.

Dave was all he wanted. And the universe took him away.

***

Diego quickly walked down the steps, then walked towards the door. He walked passed the living room, but stopped when he felt he saw someone at the corner of his eye walking across the living room. Dismissing the broken chandelier across from him, he walked into the room. He saw his mother humming a graceful tune. She was dusting off the horns on a boar's head that was hung on the wall. She wore the same pink and black polka-dotted dress. The same white button up shirt and apron. The same shiny beige heels.

"Mom?" He called. She turned to him.

"Oh! Hello, Diego, dear." She walked towards him.

"How are you..." He noticed her arm. "Walking around." It was stitched up. the wires had been put back together it seemed.

"One foot in front of the other." Grace chuckled. "Why? How do you do it?"

"Mom, I... Y/N..." He looked at her. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Oh, let's see..." Her blue ocean eyes went into a thinking headspace. "March 21st. Sunset was 7:33 p.m. Moon was waxing crescent. Dinner was Cornish hen, wild rice, and carrots." She spoke calmly and collected.

"Mom, that happened over a week ago." Diego said. "Do you remember anything else?"

Grace heard a door open. She saw Pogo standing at the end of the hall, looking at her with a serious expression. The door was really a large bookshelf, which was a secret passageway to other rooms in the house. The knife expert didn't seem to notice him. "No." She shook her head. Pogo nodded his head. Grace chuckled. "I suppose that's odd." Pogo slowly backed away and closed the secret door quietly. After that little moment, Grace looked at one of the windows. Smiling. "I wonder what the weather is like today. It would be nice to go to the park." She looked at her son.

Diego shook his head in confusion. "Dad never let you off the grounds."

She chuckled. She grabbed his hand. "Your father isn't here anymore."

Diego looked at her. A small grin appeared on his face. "You can do whatever you want, Mom."

"Hm." She gave his hand a light squeeze, and then walked away.

***

Luther chewed and swallowed the hotdog in his hand that was wrapped in a wrapper all at once. Allison stared at him, happy, and surprised. He put the wrapper down. Staring into space.

"That's more like it. See?" He looked at her. She laughed. "That's the guy I know."

"What? The guy who just ate ten hot dogs?"

"No, a guy who doesn't need a mission to exist."

"Oh." He smiled, as he watched her laugh. "You know, a part of me just wishes that... I could tell everyone here to enjoy this while they still can."

"Yeah, a part of me wishes I didn't know." Allison said seriously.

"Yeah. Sorry about that."

"No, no, it's just... all the what-ifs start to haunt you, you know? I wonder how different things would've been if I hadn't left."

"I wonder how different things would have been if I had." Luther confessed. "I can't believe how much time I just wasted believing Dad, thinking that I could save the world."

"I mean, we can't go back. And despite everything, I'm... I'm grateful for him." Luther squinted his eyes in confusion. "I mean, without him we never would have met." She chuckled.

"Right." He smiled.

"I... I think maybe you're the only person who really knows who I am and still likes me anyway."

"Well, there's also Y/N. You both have always seen eye to eye."

"Yeah, but she's Y/N, and you're you." She looked down. Luther looked at her. Just staring. Allison then checked her phone, raising her eyebrows. "I need to get to the airport and get home to Claire." She looked up at Luther, and then leaned in to kiss his cheek. He closed his eyes. She pulled away. "Goodbye, Luther." She got up and left.

Luther sat there frozen. He turned his head in realization. If he wasn't so stupid, maybe they would've been together since the beginning. But he knew now. Otherwise, if Y/N was here, she would've punched him in the face and tell him to get smart. He stood up and speed walked after her. "Allison, wait." He stood in front of her.

"Luther, I can't. My plane."

"Allison Hargreeves..." He looked into her eyes. "Will you dance with me?" She smiled. Her eyes glossy.

And suddenly they were dancing in their own fantasy setting. Luther was in a blue suit. In his normal body. Allison's hair was in a bun. She wore a purple spaghetti strapped dress. Golden lights strung down in a big circle around them. This is was that dance that they never had, seventeen years ago.

They stood by by side.

- We get it almost every night -

She put her hand out for him to grab.

- When that Moon is big and bright -

He then hunched down, holding onto her elbow as she started swaying.

- It's a supernatural delight -

Allison took a step towards him and put an arm over his head. She put her hand on the back of his head and put her head on the side of his. Doing simple delicate dance movements.

- Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight -

Luther put a hand on her arm. Rocking back and forth.

They then went into a waltz. He took her hand. His other hand on her waist, as both her arms were out. Taking identical steps together. Luther picked her up, and leaned her back.

- Everybody here is out of sight -

- They don't bark and they don't bite -

- They keep things loose, They keep it tight -

- Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight -

Allison spun around, let her dress bloom out from the wind.

- Dancin' in the moonlight -

- Everybody's feelin' warm and bright -

- It's such a fine and natural sight -

Luther spun her around. Then holding her waist to lean her back.

- Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight -

They made Moons with their arms.

- We like our fun and we never fight -

Allison pretended to push him back.

- You can't dance and stay uptight -

- It's a supernatural delight -

Luther pulled an invisible string as she walked towards him. He then moved a leg over her, as she ducked. He grabbed her hand and spun her around.

- Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight -

- Dancin' in the moonlight -

Luther grabbed her hips as she put her arms up, stepping side to side.

- Everybody's feelin' warm and bright -

- It's such a fine and natural sight -

- Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight -

He picked her up by her bottom leg, then putting her back down. He then picked her up again, bridal style, and spun around. They smiled happily.

Luther put her down. They just stared at each other. The lights went up, disappearing. They leaned into each other and kissed.

Their fantasy setting was gone. Allison pulled away. Grinning. "You're the sweetest, kindest man I've ever know." She said. "If it wasn't completely obvious, I've compared every man I've ever met to you."

"Oh, we should have done that a long time ago." Luther spoke. "I'm an idiot."

"No, you're not." She laughed. "You know, if we leave now, we can make that flight."

The man looked at her confused. "We?"

Allison chuckled softly. Claire had always wanted to meet him. Whatever time they had left, that was it. Allison took his hand, walking towards the sidewalk. He would find his place in the world. With Allison.

With whatever time they had left.

***

Five stood, leaning on the vintage wall. He took a peek down the hall. Hearing indistinct chatter.

"Gloria, the Handler knows that Five is up to something." Dot said.

Five appeared in the tube room, hiding away as he peeked at the two women.

"Get this to Hazel and Cha-Cha immediately." She gave the golden canister to Gloria.

"Uh..." The woman hit a wall. She was confused for a few seconds.

"Immediately." Dot repeated.

"Okay. Yeah."

"Uh..." Gloria put her glasses on. Reading the two names on the canister label.

- My cold -

"Who are they?" She asked herself.

- Desire -

Five jumped away, appearing behind the poor lady, tasering her.

- To hear the boom boom boom -

- Of your heart -

Five picked up the object. He opened it and dumped the message out.

- Oh, oh-ah, oh -

- I'm gonna catch ya -

He read the assignment.

REASSIGNMENT: PROTECT HAROLD JENKINS

- I'm gonna get ya, get ya -

It was the killer of the world. Five's eyes widened. He had a plan.

- Oh, ah, oh -

- I wanna taste the way that you bleed -

He put a piece of paper in the typewriter, and started typing away.

- Oh, oh, oh -

- You're my kill of the night -

***

Cha-Cha opened the motel door. Gun in her hand. It wasn't unforgettable. She'd either kill him or didn't.

- This is a bad town -

***

- For such a pretty face -

Five kept typing. Just a few things to do, and the world would be saved. He just hoped he wouldn't get setback.

***

- This is a bad town -

Cha-Cha kicked the bathroom door open. Steam coming out from the shower.

***

- For such a pretty face -

TERMINATE HAZEL FOR IMMEDIATE EXTRACTION

He typed. He took the paper out. Five was pitting the two of the best assassins, well, besides him, against each other.

***

- This is a bad town -

Cha-Cha shot the shower curtains. The bullets went through the plastic.

- For such a pretty face -

- Oh, oh, oh -

She walked into the bathroom, making sure she got him.

***

- I'm gonna catch ya -

Five started to sweat. He'd been through worse than getting caught. If this was end, it was the end.

***

- I'm gonna get ya, get ya -

Cha-Cha opened the shower curtain.

***

- Oh, ah, oh -

It wasn't part of the plan, but it was something...

Genius.

Five would write, TERMINATE CHA-CHA FOR IMMEDIATE EXTRACTION, and that'd be the end of that.

- I wanna taste the way that you bleed -

***

Cha-Cha saw the message. Duct taped to the tiled wall.

TERMINATE CHA-CHA FOR IMMEDIATE EXTRACTION

- You're my kill of the -

Hazel appeared behind her. Hitting her hard in the head with the bottom of his gun.

***

Five put the two messages into two canisters. Then sent them off. There wasn't such thing as a good deed anymore.

- Night -

"You know that's not how we do things here." The Handler said. Standing a few feet away. Five leaned on the machinery. Grinning. "Where's Gloria?"

"Don't know. Couldn't find her anywhere." The boy shrugged.

As if on cue, an old woman was heard groaning. The Handler looked at the desk behind her. She saw legs sticking out from the side.

Five took careful steps in the middle of the walkway. He was screwed now. She looked back at him. "You're a great disappointment to me. You change stop what's to come, Five. I truly find it so odd that you can't shed this fantasy." Five's angry face was coming out. "You're a first rate pragmatist. You belong here with us."

"I don't belong anywhere, thanks to you." Five spat. "You made me a killer."

"You were always a killer." The Handler... unzipped her dress? "I just pointed you in a direction." She aimed a gun at the boy. He jumped away. She shot the gun. Missing.

***

"Dad was wrong for keeping you locked up all those years. I should have said something. We all should have." Diego said. Walking in the park with Grace. It was dark, but peaceful.

"There's something else that needs to be said, Diego. Pogo and I... we've been lying. Including Y/N." Grace spoke. Diego looked up at her. "Lying to all of you."

***

Another gun shot. Gloria whimpered. Dot was hiding against the wall beside the tub room. She pressed the alarm button.

Another gunshot.

Dot, Herb, and a few other staff members jumped in adrenaline. They knew this was Number Five's doing. No one could handle a boy like him. Not even Reginald. Well... Almost everyone.

"Security." The woman on the PA spoke.

"It's Dot!" The woman yelled.

"Security to the tube room."

Dot saw Gloria struggling to get away. Dot grabbed her hand and picked her up.

"Security breach in the tube room."

"Security--"

The staff members hurried for safety.

***

"I'm gonna throw this stuff in the dyer." Leonard said.

"Okay." Vanya answered. She slowly walked across the room. Then seeing some leftover socks on the carpet on the floor. "Oh--" She got down and grabbed them. Suddenly, something had caught her eye from under the bed. She pulled out a red notebook. Which was labeled, RH, in gold.

'Wha- How does he have this?' She thought. Vanya opened the notebook. She read things.

Number Seven

Be unlimited, unstoppable, and dangerous

Should remain a secret

Mood attaining medication to keep her sedated

***

Y/N looked around the attic. People all over the world had posters, and action figures, and comic books, of the Umbrella Academy. Including children. But this was nothing like that.

Leonard was obsessed.

Harold, was obsessed.

She noticed something under a pile of old newspapers. A black notebook, labeled, MH.

'MH?' She thought. The girl then grinned to herself. Of course. Her grin faded away. She was about to open it, when a loud creaking was heard. She knew.

Footsteps.

Y/N stood there. Gently setting down the notebook.

The footsteps stopped. She turned around, looking at him. "Hello... Harold."

"So, you know?" He asked.

"I know everything." Y/N answered.

Harold went into thinking. "Well... Not everything."

The girl looked at him confused. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean..." He chuckled. "You know everything about me, but not yourself. Everything you need to know, is in that notebook." He pointed at the black notebook. Y/N looked towards it. She looked back at him, chuckling.

"I'm guessing you have the other notebook, too."

"Of course, I do. I wouldn't skip a trip for salvation." He answered.

"Which means you know everything about Vanya. And you know everything about me. What I don't understand is how you knew I'd be at the academy today. How--" She went into thinking process. Y/N scoffed. "You've been following me around."

"Since the day I got out of jail. There is a special link between the two of you. Both, are the most powerful out of all of you. Why do you think Reginald Hargreeves gave you the numbers you have today?" Harold said. She looked at him confused. "He named you Number Eight, because you're the most powerful. Because you're the most out of control." Y/N couldn't move. She couldn't feel anything. "The truth is inside you, Y/N. All you have to do..." He took the most careful steps closer to her. "Is die."

He was at least one foot away from her. It suddenly felt cold. Why did it feel so cold? She looked down. His hand, holding onto a knife. The knife, punctured in the her stomach. She looked back up. Her eyes glossy. It was only a matter of seconds until she started choking on her own blood. Harold pulled out the knife. Y/N fell back. "No." She whispered. Struggling to even sit up.

"I'm trying to move on, Y/N. So I'm fighting back. Just like you said." He smiled down at her, and then went out the attic.

"No!" She managed to choke out. He'd left the staircase open. That was stupid. She started pushing herself to get downstairs.

***

Harold had managed to sneak past Vanya, and into the restroom. Washing his hands from the blood he'd caught on them. He walked back out to see Vanya, holding a red notebook. "When were you gonna tell me? Why do you even have this?" She asked.

"Vanya--"

"How long have you had this?!" She asked harshly. Tears threaten to spill from her eyes.

"Only since yesterday." He lied. Walking closer to her. "I was going to tell you. I just... I love you, and I wanted you to be comfortable enough that I could finally tell you. I wanted to tell you the truth. I'm sorry."

Vanya looked down. "No. I'm sorry. I overreacted and... I just hate secrets. I don't like secrets. I'm not a big fan of secrets."

Harold chuckled. Taking her hand. "Then there will be no secrets between us." She smiled at him. "Do you... wanna get out of here? I know we just got home, but--"

"Yeah. Let's go." Vanya said.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." She answered.

"Okay. Anywhere you want, is fine with me." He grabbed her coat, and grabbed his own and left. He locked the door on the way out. No more setbacks.

No more Y/N.

***

"Security breach in the tube room. Security to tube room."

Five pushed a cart of canisters towards The Handler. She stopped it with her shoe and started shooting again. "What's the rush, Five? We're just getting started." She said. Not spotting the boy anywhere.

"Security to tube room."

***

"Klaus."

Klaus opened his eyes. Sweat covering his whole body as he was still tied to the chair. He squinted his eyes to better see who was there. He whimpered.

Dave.

He had a big gash on his chest. Blood spilling. But that was okay. He didn't seem to feel anything. Just happiness.

"Oh, my God." He said in glee. Dave smiled back at him. "I did it. It worked. Dave!"

"Klaus." Another voice called. Klaus looked around. Who else was there.

"Klaus." A woman with red hair stood next to Dave.

"Who are you?" Klaus asked.

"My name is Scarlet. I am a friend of Y/N's. She needs your help."

Klaus looked at her confused. "Y/N?"

***

"Is this really how you want the last line of your report to read?" The Handler asked. Taking careful steps around the tube room. Five appeared in front of her.

"When I'm done, I'm just done, I guess." He said with a sarcastic grin. Sweat covering his face and body.

"You can't keep this up, Five. We both know that even you have a limit." She said, making Five's grin disappear. He glared at her. "I saved you from a lifetime of being alone. You owe me." She pulled the trigger to her gun. As if a miracle happened, nothing came out. The gun was empty.

"Please evacuate."

"Remain calm."

She kept pulling the trigger. Thinking something was jammed inside.

"Do not panic."

"I do owe a debt." He spacial jumped behind her. In front of Gloria's desk. "But not to you."

"To who then? Or should I say whom." The woman asked, grinning. "She couldn't even keep her promise."

"It was impossible to keep it. Even she knew that." Five said.

"She didn't even try to look for you."

"Maybe not. But maybe that was the point."

"Point of what?"

"To keep the hope alive. And to disappear before the skyfall." He said proudly.

The Handler chuckled. "She didn't save you. I did." He glared at her. "This will all end one way or another, so listen to me when I tell you: This is not the age of heroes, Number Five. This is not the age spies. This is not even age of killers. This is the age of miracles. And there is nothing, nothing, more horrifying than a miracle."

"She was a miracle to me. Still is. I'm just trying to learn from her mistakes." Five pulled out a grenade. Pulling out the pin. He swayed the grenade in his hand. A psychotic grin on his face. The Handler stared at him with alarm.

"So, I'm keeping my promise." He finished. Rolling the ground on the ground towards her.

"Remain calm."

"Do not panic."

"Shit." She cursed. It stopped right next to her bright red heels.

Five ran out the room. Leaning his back on the wall. The grenade exploded, sending a big fire storm. People nearby screamed. He ran. He disappeared. Back into the evil woman's office, so it seemed. For more candies? Of course not. Something in there had caught his eye.

Silver nunchucks.

Hey. If you like it, take it. He gathered all the energy he had left, and spacial jumped to the brief case room. Setting the time and date, then grabbing another grenade he'd stashed away in his pocket, pulled the pin off with his teeth, and threw it into an empty space on the briefcase shelf. He ran out as quick as he could. The man at the front desk, which was set right in front of the "bound to be blown up" room saw him. "Hey, what are you doing--" As the room exploded, he screamed.

Five opened the briefcase just in time before he was hit by fire and smoke, and he was gone in the wind.

And so, time went back. Klaus had never conjured his beloved Dave, or the mysterious Scarlet woman. Vanya never found the notebook. Leonard had never killed Y/N. Diego and Grace never took a night stroll in the park. Hazel and Cha-Cha never went to face each other. Allison and Luther never danced in the moonlight. They never kissed. They never got on a plane to L.A. Cha-Cha never saw Hazel with Agnes. Allison and Luther never drank those expired sodas. Vanya and Leonard never talked about her newly found powers. Allison never put the necklace back on. Luther never found the unopened Moon research hidden under Reginald's floorboards. Hazel and Cha-Cha never had their little chat in the woods. Vanya never bent any lampposts. None of the Hargreeves siblings ever left each other for their own problems. Leonard never stole the Hargreeves figurine. And Y/N never went to find a criminal file.

And then time started again. Though Y/N was never in the room. She'd left before Five ever got the chance.

WEDNESDAY. 8:15 AM

(...again)

"Hold the phone. We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?" Klaus said.

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What gives us a win this time?" Diego asked.

And suddenly, flashing blue light appeared from a few feet up of the bar. A dusty thirteen year old boy appeared out of nowhere, holding onto some weird big black rectangular cube.

"Je-- Jesus!" Allison exclaimed. Gripping on her coffee cup.

Klaus groaned. "You guys, am I still high, or do you see him, too?"

"Five where have you been?" Luther asked. The boy rolled over, falling on the cushioned bar stools. Allison and Luther gripping on his arms.

"Are you all right?" Allison asked.

"Who did this?"

"Irrelevant." Five said lowly, stealing Allison's coffee cup, walked forward without any eye contact, and drank out of the cup like it was the end of the world...

Which it was. Y/N's advice was very accurate. If the world ends, there won't be anymore coffee to get addicted to. Diego watched in confusion, at how careless the boy seemed at the moment. 'Is he at his breaking point?' He thought.

The siblings stared at their de-aged brother. Slurping on coffee. When he finally finished, he sighed. He turned around the look at them, to break the good news that acquires much suffering to achieve. "So, the apocalypse is in three days." His voice cracked. Allison watched in slowing becoming horror from Five's bitch face... So, it seemed. "The only chance we have to save our world is, well, us." He continued. His voice cracking for the millionth time.

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther murmured.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously. So if ya'll don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us?" Klaus shook his head. "No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." Five pulled out a folded up piece of paper from his pocket. It was dusty and a bit crumpled. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse." He grinned softly. Victory. He put his hand out to give it to Allison, who immediately took it. "This is who we have to stop."

Allison unfolded the note.

REASSIGNMENT: PROTECT HAROLD JENKINS

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison asked.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked.

Five took another sip of his "now owned coffee". Not saying anything, but a question.

"Where's Y/N?"

"Oh, yeah." Klaus started. "Vanya brought her new boyfriend to the house. It seemed like Y/N kept glaring at him. Honestly, I think she has a crush on him, but then she went after him, and left with her mad "You will be dead by nightfall" face, and... That's all I know." He finished.

Five looked down in confusion. He looked back up. "What did you say Vanya's boyfriend's name was?"

"Leonard Peabody. Why?" Allison asked.

Five looked away from everyone. Chuckling silently to himself.

"Five?" Luther called.

Five began walking towards the door.

"Clever girl."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.1K 14
You are the moon that lightens my heart You are the only thing I can see in the dark You keep me from getting lost I have eyes only...
433 20 29
I love you yet so does he and I can never make you choose because I know you love him, I will always be here for you but I have to say goodbye. a tea...
1.4K 66 37
WOULD YOU RATHER FALL IN LOVE? OR SAVE THE WORLD? YOU COULD DO BOTH BUT THEN YOU WOULD END UP IN RYAN SITUATION [COMPLETED] Hi I'm Ryan and I'm in...
106K 1.8K 28
𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙨. 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 - 𝙣𝙤𝙩...