| ๐’๐€๐“๐”๐‘๐ | ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ถ๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ ๏ฟฝ...

By bruxxxx

~๐’๐€๐“๐”๐‘๐~ โค๏ธŽ ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ถ๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ ๐˜น ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค โค๏ธŽ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ†“ 2 ๐˜ฆ๐˜น ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต... More

๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
A/N
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.

17.

1.1K 39 371
By bruxxxx

Okay, so I lied we aren't getting Emery's and Mina meeting this chapter bc it would have been too random sorry :/

Songs that fit this chapter:

Emery's pov: N/A

Kaminari's pov:
-Looking out for you by Joy
again
- Moral of the story - Ashe

Listen. We're making TsuOcha a thing here bc I love them sm like I cry at the thought of them you don't understand.

"But I don't like TsuOcha🥺🥺" I asked y'all if you wanted it like 2 weeks ago no complaining now you had a choice and all I saw were yes's.

I hope you enjoy this ridiculously boring chapter :)

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I opened my apartment door and pressed my back against the door. I was a blushing mess. The constant feel of Midoriya's lips trailing across my skin was on repeat.

"Someone had fun."

I opened my eyes to see Mina standing before me.

"I didn't have fun." I lied.

She tilted her head, "You're blushing."

"How can you tell?"

"Your ears. They get no sunlight so they're lighter making it easier to tell when you're blushing."

I quickly covered my ears with my braids and crossed my arms, "Fine, I had a little fun."

Her face lit up in an instant, "I knew you would like him! I knew it I knew it I knew it!"

I covered her mouth, "I do not like him! We're just acquaintances."

"You guys weren't acquaintances last month," She smiled, "He's growing on you."

"Go to hell Ashido."

"Awwww you used my first name! We are best friends!"

"Shut up!"

-
(day time skip)

Kaminari's pov:

"I mean look how happy she looks in this photo."

I turned my phone to show Shinsou and Sero the picture Izuku posted on his Instagram.

It was a picture of Emery smiling and looking around a colourful room. Izuku posted it yesterday and it made me wonder why I've never seen her smile like that.

Most of her smiles were polite or halfhearted, this was different. I don't think she even knew he took the picture.

Sero took my phone, "I don't know man that looks like a regular smile."

"That's the thing," I took my phone back, "Emery doesn't smile. She's like a mix of you," I pointed to Shinsou, "and Kacchan."

Shinsou cocked his head, "Don't compare me to her. When I met her she was a bitch."

"That's because you didn't meet her you just saw how she reacted to Hawks being insensitive." I laid on my bed, "She's pretty, kind and did I mention pretty?"

"Do you even know anything about her?" He asked, "When's her birthday?"

I stayed silent.

"Her coffee order?"

I stayed silent once more.

"Favourite animal?"

"All I know are the little bits of childhood story's Izuku told me when he first moved here and how she got the scar under her eye."

Sero gave me a confused look, "Kaminari? That's all?"

I nodded.

"You're expecting a girl to fall for you when you don't even know her birthday?"

"Well, how am I supposed to figure out what she likes?"

"Ask her out?" Shinsou commented.

I looked at the picture then back up.

I wanted her to smile at me like that.

I wanted her to look at me like that.

I wanted her.

And if simply asking her out was enough to get her I could do it.

"So when do I ask her out?" I asked.

Sero turned to me, "When do you think, Charge Bolt?"

"Right, today, sorry."

-

Emery's pov:

"Emery can you come to the front desk now!?" Mina whined, "I'm tired of talking to people."

"As long as you finish washing the dishes!" I answered.

"Deal!"

I put down the soapy coffee cups as wiped my hands and made my way to the front counter.

I'd found myself searching for Midoriya this entire day. Every time the shop bell rang I automatically looked and felt disappointment wash over me when it wasn't him.

I had fun yesterday and I think that was the reason I was so eager to see him again.

I heard the bell ring again so I looked at the door again, hoping to see Midoriya.

Instead, two girls walked in. One, a stunning brunette with blushy cheeks and eyes bright as day. The other had green hair, much like Midoriya's, and piercing green eyes.

The brunette looked familiar yet I couldn't put my finger on it.

She was looking at me too. Like she was trying to remember where she had seen me.

"Can I have a latte with heavy cream?" She asked, her voice bubbly and friendly.

I nodded at her as she turned to the other girl.

"What do you want, Tsu?"

The other girl paused for a second, "A cookie please."

She sounded sort of frog-ish. Though that wasn't the nicest thing to say it was true.

I nodded at both of them and went to the back. I made her a latte with heavy cream and got a cookie.

The brunette handed me 5 dollars as I handed her the latte and the cookie.

"Have a nice day," I said blankly.

She gave me a polite smile but I could tell she was still scanning my face.

"Ochako!" The green hair girl called already at the door, "You coming?"

She nodded and gave me one more smile before walking out the door.

A few minutes later the door opened again and I turned to look.

Sadly, it wasn't Midoriya.

It was Kaminari.

Two other boys were behind him standing at the door. The same two boys I'd seen at that party.

"Hey Em." Kaminari greeted,

"Hi," I replied trying not to leave a trace of disappointment in my voice, "Do you know where Midoriya is?"

"He's grounded," He said, almost glad.

I tilted my head as a laugh bubbled up inside me, "Really? What for?"

"He ran a red light."

I acted shocked, "He did? Man, what terrible human being would run a red light? I mean, traffic rules aren't that hard to follow."

"I agree," He cleared his throat, "Uh anyways I was wondering since Izukus grounded you might have been bored so do you want to get sushi later or something?"

I tilted my head, "Like last time with Mina? Because if so I can ask if she's free and we can get sushi tog-"

"No, I was thinking just us this time. Like as a date?"

I looked at the door, just to make sure Midoriya wasn't coming and then agreed.

Kaminari's pov:

She paused for a moment looking at something behind me before she agreed.

I told her I'd seen her later as I walked back to Shinsou and Sero.

"Did she say no?" Shinsou asked.

"No, she said yes. Why would you think that?"

"It looked like she was looking for someone else the entire time."

-

I cleaned myself up nicely. I even did my hair and now I was waiting outside her apartment.

I looked down at the photo once more and it only made me feel more motivated.

By the end of today, I wanted to see her smile. Genuinely smile. I wanted to know her in ways no one, not even Izuku, could.

She walked out of her apartment wearing a tight black crop top, regular baggy jeans, and her sage jacket. Her braids were in a ponytail exposing her three earrings, one at her ear lope and two at top of her ear.

"Hi," She smiled.

"Hey," I handed her a bunch of tulips, "I was going to get you coffee but I wasn't sure about your coffee order."

"I like plain black coffee." She answered.

"Plain?"

She nodded, "I like the bitterness."

She hesitantly looked at the tulips then back at me. Then rolled down her sleeves so that they were over her hands before taking the tulips.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded although she was making sure the tulip didn't come in contact with her skin.

"We should get going."

I agreed and we started walking.

I threw my arm around her shoulder then turned to her to see if she had any sort of reaction. Instead, she was texting some with a contact name starting with Mi.

"Who's that?" I asked, feeling my mood decrease as the possibility that it could be Midoriya lingered inside my head.

"Mina," She answered swiftly, "She had a headache before I left and I'm just checking up on her."

"Oh okay, tell her to take a nap. It usually helps me."

She nodded but instead of sending the message she turned off her phone and put it in her back pocket.

A part of me thought she was lying about it being Mina but I didn't want to think about the possibility of it being anyone else.

"I heard you and Izuku went somewhere yesterday."

She turned to me, "Yeah it was a digital art museum. It was fun. He came over around three and picked me up. At first, I thought he was gonna kidnap me but..."

I wasn't listening. I was looking at the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about him.

What I would give to see her talk about me like that.

By the end of today, I wanted to do that. I wanted to see the way her eyes sparkled when she talked about me. I wanted her to smile when she thought about me.

I wanted her to want me the way I wanted her.

"I'm glad you had fun," I muttered, taking my arm off her shoulder.

She didn't notice it was gone.

I don't even think she noticed it was there.

-

"I didn't know there were different types of sushi," Emery said in amazement.

We'd walked into the restaurant and she was staring at all the different types of sushi. She still had the tulips in her hand. Though for some reason she was still scared of touching them.

"You didn't know?"

She shook her head, "I usually only eat the ones with rice the are wrapped in seaweed."

"Sushi rolls?"

She turned to me, "They have names?"

"No shit," I laughed, "Everything has a name."

We both ordered a plate full of sushi rolls and sat at the table in the back.

I couldn't help but look at her as I ate. She'd been on her phone this entire time and I was curious about what she was doing. I'd noticed a bunch of Midoriya's rings on her fingers.

"Lovely day outside," I comment, attempting to spark a conversation.

She looked up from her phone, "It's a little gloomy but it's okay."

There was a bit of silence.

"What's your major?" She randomly asked.

I gave her a confused look.

"Midoriya said he was working to be in the medical field and I kinda assumed you guys went to the same college."

"Computer science." I answered, "What about you?"

"I dropped out of college. My father is rich so all I have to do is say his name and get what I want."

"I loved to meet your father some time."

She cocked her head, "No you don't. He's a hardheaded manipulative asshole with no care for anyone other than himself and his business."

With each conversation, I felt myself drifting further and further away from my goal to make her smile. Talking about her father whom she despises wasn't a good way to make her smile.

"So what do you want to do when you get older?" I asked, in a desperate attempt to change the topic.

"A writer," She replied, putting wasabi over her sushi and placing it in her mouth, "I like to write love stories and sometimes mystery books."

"Really? What do you like about it."

She put another sushi roll in her mouth and put her pointer finger up telling me to wait as she chewed.

She swallowed, "I like the thrill of knowing what happens next when your readers don't. It makes me feel in control and I like that."

"Control freak?"

"I am not a control freak," She said, taking one sushi roll off my plate.

"That was mine."

"Mine now." She smiled playfully and put it in her mouth.

I stared at her smile. It wasn't genuine. It was a smile she'd give any one of her regular friends.

But not a smile she would give him.

"We should play 20 questions," I said randomly.

"Okay, ask me something."

I looked down at the tulips which she had not touched and tilted my head, "Why won't you touch the tulips? It's fine if you don't like th-"

"What?! No, I think they're lovely! It's just uhh..." She paused, "... What if they have thorns?"

She lying. I wasn't sure why but she was. She seemed afraid to even look at them.

"They don't have thorns," I reassured her.

"Cool. Anyway, it's my turn to ask," She stared at me for a second, "Why'd you dye your hair your hair that lighting bolt thing?"

"It's natural," I answered.

"Completely natural?"

"Yeah, it's like a birthmark that's shaped into a lightning bolt."

"Interesting," She paused, "Can I ask another question?"

"That's not how the game works, Em,"

"Well, that sucks because I am going to break that rule. Can I have your bowl of soy sauce? I ran out of wasabi and I don't like eating my sushi plain."

I smiled at her and slid my bowl of soy sauce, "Fan of sushi?" I asked.

"Was it that easy to tell?" She laughed.

We continued to talk and ask each other questions as she ate both her and my food.

With each question, I got to know more and more about her.

But not anything he didn't know as well.

Sure I'm grateful I got to know about her favourite places and foods but Izukus has known her since he was 13 there's always going to be things I'm never going to know about her.

"Okay, this is your last question." Emery grinned while taking my plate of sushi into her lap, "Use it wisely."

"Do you have the thing for Izuku?" I asked, blankly.

I'd spent this entire date asking half-hearted questions and I was getting tired.

I was ruining out of fake smiles and distant laughs. I didn't want to go through the talking stage I wanted to get straight to the point.

Her eyes widened, "Midoriya!? No, he's not my type."

I could tell by her ears that she started blushing as if she was replaying a recent memory in her mind.

"Then what is your type?"

"Women." She answered jokingly.

-

"I had fun today." She said, unlocking her apartment door.

"I'm glad you did."

Because I didn't.

She was holding the bunch of tulips in her hands this time. Though it looked like she was on the verge of tears I didn't question it because I didn't want to embarrass her.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow."

-

I laid in bed that night staring at Izukus Instagram picture.

I was upset although the date had gone well.

We both enjoyed it so I wasn't sure why this feeling of not being good enough was still lingering inside my heart.

I felt something roll down my cheek as I studied the photo.

I was crying.

Shit, why am I crying?

Maybe it was because it finally hit me that when I walked into the coffee shop she was looking for him and not me.

Or that I secretly knew she wasn't a fan of the tulips.

Or maybe it was because I had pretended to not know she was texting Midoriya the entire day.

Or maybe because deep down I knew the heart I had longed for so dearly was not mine to have.

————————————————————-

Their relationship so dry I struggled to write 2 thousand words. I hope you all get why Emery's afraid of tulips. If you don't you will next chapter.

Fun fact: I don't actually like sushi or any seafood to be exact. I just chose it bc it looks good not bc I think it's good.

ANOTHER fun fact: The love corner was originally supposed to be with Bakugo but he and Emery are too alike. That's like dating your half-brother. And bc idk how to write Bakugos character. That's why he never talks until I desperately need another person.

I pinky swear to post on my side story book soon I just fell into a huge writing slump after chapter 16 bc I wasted all of my conversation notes.

Anywho feel free to point out any grammar or spelling mistakes and I hope you enjoyed :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 1.8K 20
***17 + or viewer discretion please*** (Book 2-) ๐ˆ๐ง ๐š ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ง ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค. ๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข๐š...
113K 3.7K 20
***17 + or viewer discretion please*** ๐ˆ๐ง ๐š ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ง ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค. ๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ...
205K 5.8K 42
๐˜‹๐˜๐˜š๐˜Š๐˜–๐˜•๐˜›๐˜๐˜•๐˜œ๐˜Œ๐˜‹ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช ๐˜น ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค ๐˜›๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข 23 ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ...
23.6K 1K 22
โ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘ฆ๐‘’๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ'๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ .โž โ๐‘ค-๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก?โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ^^ ๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๏ฟฝ...