•as the world caves in•

By prettygirly18

----- In which the daughter of Aphrodite and son of Poseidon form a bond after many quests together. or When... More

•chapter one•
•an almost normal day•
•the new guy finally wakes up•
•percy gets a somewhat tour of camp•
•percy blows up the bathrooms•
•we teach percy some new stuff•
•hey mom•
•sword fighting is percys new passion•
•a very eventful capture the flag•
•home isnt really a safe place anymore•
•we start our quest with a bang•
•we visit an interesting statue garden•
•we finally have a monster free day•
•we blow up yet another thing•
•me and percy are on the news!•
•we do some iming•
•i personally meet my moms boyfriend•
•the tunnel of love•
•we have a nice old story time on a zoo truck•
•we go to a casino•
•old memories in a taxi•
•we attempt to purchase water beds•
•i play with a dog•
•grover almost goes down a pit•
•lots is learned•
•percy battles a god•
•an end of a quest•
•summer events•
•a final farewell•
•chapter two•
•dodgeball goes slightly wrong•
•we ride the taxi of torture•
•two bronze bulls•
•home changes•
•a race goes wrong•
•we break some rules•
•we go on a cruise•
•an unexpected surpise•
•we enter the sea of monsters•
•we visit the spa•
•land of sirens and cyclops•
•the fleece•
•party ponies save the day•
•the best week ever•
authors note!!!
•chapter three•
•we attend a dance•
•the moon and the sun•
•thalia drives the sun•
•sad talks•
•the oracle•
•we kill a lion•
•we find a boar•
•the land without rain•
•we have a dam problem•
•we have another problem•
•the mountain•
•the sky•
•the stars•
•a final party•
•chapter four•
•plans get ruined•
•spilled secrets•
•we take a little trip into a pit•
•my prophecy•
•we meet two gods•
•we lead a jail break and other things•
•we go to a cattle farm•
•we speak to the dead•
•i take a test•
•oh•
•what happened?•
•i hate red-heads•
•the workshop•
•a warning•
•whats lost is found•
•a battle and goodbyes•
•we talk•
•chapter five•
•the truth•
•inspections•
•preperations•
•our plan•
•ouch•
•aw•
•scary battles•
•a little shocking•
•pain•
•hope•
•the final stand•
•gifts•
•happy endings•
•a/n•

•percy bribes a man•

651 26 2
By prettygirly18

DOA RECORDING STUDIOS

NO SOLICITORS, NO LOITERING.

NO LIVING.

That last one was definitely making me want to leave.

It was almost midnight, but the lobby was so bright and full of people. Behind the desk, there was a guard with sunglasses and some earpiece.

Percy turned to us. "Okay. You remember the plan."

"The plan," Grover gulped. "Yeah. I love the plan."

I said, "What if the plan doesn't work?"

"Don't think negative."

"Right," I scoffed. "We're entering the Land of the Dead, and I shouldn't think negative."

Percy looked slightly sad and pulled out these pearl like things out of his pocket. I shouldn't of said that.

"I'm sorry, Percy. You're right. We'll make it. It'll be fine."

I nudged Annabeth. "Oh, right! We got this far. We'll find the master bolt and save your mom, no problem."

Percy looked at us and his expression changed. I was glad I could make him feel better.

Percy shoved the pearls back in his pocket. "Let's whup some Underworld butt."

We then walked inside.

Everything about this place was boring. Everything was gray, and small cactuses grew in the corners. There were people everywhere, and when I looked around they were normal, but when I focused, they were almost transparent.

We looked up at the security guy. He was tall, bleached hair, sunglasses, and a suit.

Percy read his name tag. "Your name is Chiron?"

Is he an idiot?

The dude leaned over the table. "What a precious young lad. Tell me, mate, do I look like a centaur?"

"N-no."

"Sir,"

"Sir,"

He pointed to his name tag. "Can you read this, mate? It says C-H-A-R-O-N. Say it with me: CARE-ON."

"Charon."

"Amazing! Now, Mr. Charon."

"Mr. Charon."

"Well done," Charon said after giving Percy a little lesson. "I hate being confused with that old horse-man. And now, how may I help you little dead ones?"

Percy looked at me and Annabeth for support.

"We want to go to the Underworld," Annabeth said quickly.

"Well, that's refreshing."

"Is it?"

"Straight forward and honest. No screaming. No 'There must be a mistake, Mr. Charon.' How did you die then?"

"Um... drowned... in the bathtub." Grover answered.

"All four of you?" We nodded. "Big bathtub. I don't suppose you have coin for passage. Normally, with adults, you see, I could charge your American Express, or add the ferry price to your last cable bill. But with children... alas, you never die prepared. Suppose you'll have to take a seat for a few centuries."

"Oh, but we have coins," Percy set four golden drachmas on the counter.

"Well, now..." Charon looked at them with greed. "Real drachmas. Real golden drachmas. I haven't seen these in..." His fingers hovered over the coins. "Here now, you couldn't read my name correctly. Are you dyslexic, lad?"

And we were busted.

"No, I'm dead."

Good answer.

"You're not dead. I should've known. You're a godling."

"We have to get to the Underworld," Percy insisted.

Charon made some weird growling noise.

"Leave while you can," Charon told us. "I'll just take these and forget I saw you."

He went to grab the coins, but Percy snatched them.

"No service, no tip." He growled again. "It's a shame too, we had more to offer."

"Do you think I can be bought, godling?" Charon said, instantly curious. "Eh... just out of curiosity, how much have you got there?"

"A lot, I bet Hades doesn't pay you well enough for such hard work."

"Oh, you don't know the half of it. How would you like to babysit these spirits all day? Always, 'please don't let me be dead' or 'please let me across for free.' I haven't had a pay raise in three thousand years. Do you imagine suits like this come cheap?"

"You deserve better. A little appreciation. Respect. Good pay."

Was he really bribing him.

"I must say, lad, you're making some sense now. Just a little." Charon watched as Percy kept stacking drachmas.

"I could mention a pay raise while I'm talking to Hades."

He sighed. "The boats almost full anyway, I might as well add you four and be off." He picked up the money. "Come along."

As we followed him, the spirits grabbed at us, whispering things I didn't want to make out.

We were shoved in an elevator crowded with spirits.

"Now, no one get any ideas while I'm gone," Charon announced to the room. "And if anyone moves the dial off my easy-listening station again, I'll make sure you're here for another thousand years. Understand?"

He shut the door, and put in a keycard and we started to descend.

"What happens to the spirits waiting in the lobby?" I asked.

"Nothing,"

"For how long?"

"Forever, or until I'm feeling generous."

"Oh, that's... fair."

"Whoever said death was fair, young miss? Wait until it's your turn. You'll die soon enough, where you're going."

"We'll get out alive." Percy said.

"Ha."

My head hurt suddenly. It didn't feel like we were going down, but forward. Everything started changing shape and I had to close my eyes.

When I opened them, Charon's suit was gone and replaced by a black robe. His sunglasses were gone and where his eyes should've been, was just empty sockets.

The floor started swaying. I shut my eyes, and when I opened them, we were on a boat.

The river was horribly polluted with random things.

"The River Styx," Annabeth murmured. "It's so..."

"Polluted," Charon finished. "For thousands of years, you humans have been throwing in everything you come across— hopes, dreams, wishes that never came true. Irresponsible waste management, if you ask me."

Ahead of us, the shore glimmered with a green light.

I felt sick to my stomach and grabbed the nearest persons hand. I looked and saw it was Percy. I shut my eyes and prayed to the gods this would be over soon, and that I could go back to camp.

The bowl of a large animal erupted in the caves, and I knew exactly who it was.

"Old Three-Face is hungry," Charon said. "Bad luck for you, godlings."

Our boat slid into the sand and the dead got off. I let go of Percy and stood next to Annabeth in the sand.

Charon said something to Percy before going back the way we came.

When Grover and Percy came over we followed the spirits.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.8K 21
"I know you're well aware of how Annabeth is feeling cause you're her friend. But...Percy...his emotions...well...they match with hers." "So...their...
2K 63 12
A POC-friendly Percy Jackson x Reader story in which we see a daughter of Zeus tag along to the trio's adventure to retain her father's Lightning Bol...
34.9K 931 29
♡︎༄❀ "𝐘𝗼𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝗼𝗼𝐥 𝗼𝐟 𝐡𝗼𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝗼 𝐥𝗼𝗼𝐤 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲." 𝑭𝑳𝑶𝑾𝑬𝑹𝑺 𝑪𝑶𝑨𝑻 𝑴𝒀 𝑷𝑼𝑷𝑰𝑳...
2.5K 101 9
what if all i need, is you? Augustine has a peaceful life. Well, as peaceful life can get for a demigod, but peaceful nonetheless. A boy w...