Cat Got Your Tongue? ฅ DNF ฅ

By rosegoldcardboard

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ For as long as he can remember, George has been part-cat. Hiding himself away from the world and his... More

ฅ Chapter 1 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 2 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 3 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 4 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 5 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 7 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 8 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 9 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 10 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 11 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 12 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 13 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 14 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 15 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 16 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 17 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 18 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 19 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 20 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 21 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 22 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 23 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 24 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 25 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 26 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 27 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 28 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 29 ฅ
ฅ Chapter 30 ฅ
ฅ Additional Chapter (1) ฅ
ฅ Additional Chapter (2) ฅ
ฅ Additional Chapter (3) ฅ
ฅ Additional Chapter (4) ฅ
ฅ Additional Chapter (5) ฅ
ฅ Additional Chapter (6) ฅ

ฅ Chapter 6 ฅ

15.5K 593 821
By rosegoldcardboard

POV Dream

After spending the first few days with George at home, I've noticed more about him than I would through a call. To be fair, he's never actually turned his camera on, which I would question if I wasn't hiding too, but he seems like a different kind of reserved.

And that beanie...

He never takes it off. He wore it on the airplane, he wore it while he slept, and he's been wearing it all day. I mean, we're in Florida for crying out loud! He must be sweating!

It's the same with his hoodies and sweatpants too. I've not once seen him change his clothes to something that will accommodate the weather better.

I narrow my eyes at him while I sit on the couch. Currently, he's sat on the floor, almost laying down across from Sapnap, petting Patches who is on top of his stomach and chest, napping.. I've been on my phone on Twitter for a bit, but I keep getting distracted by the heat and the fact that I'm sure George must be dying.

"Why is it so hottttttt?" Sapnap whined as he dropped his weight back onto the floor. "I think the AC might be broken? I don't know I'll need to get it checked," I respond as I put my phone down, sinking myself further into the couch.

George stays silent as he continues petting Patches. "Aren't you dying George? You're literally like, dressed for winter" Sapnap questions as he sits himself back up.

Once again, George just stays silent and shrugs in response. What is up with him?

POV George

Holy hell it's hot, and that's a huge problem. Of course I am literally burning from wearing such warm clothes, but the cat part of me is taking over and making me way too relaxed and sleepy.

Over the past few days that I've been here, the house has just gradually been getting hotter and hotter. It was fine at first but now I'm at the point where I'm just constantly drowsy. And I'm pretty sure Patches feels the same way because I'll often see her lose her balance while she stands or tries to walk.

"Why is it so hottttttt?" Sapnap starts to annoyingly complain in front of me. I hear Dream speaking words from across the room but I'm so out of it that I don't even know what he says.

"Aren't you dying George? You're literally like, dressed for winter" Sapnap questions as he sits himself back up and gets too close to me. I shrug in response as I continue petting Patches.

"We should go to the beach!" I freeze up as Sapnap yells next to me. The beach? How am I supposed to hide my ears and tail at a beach? I don't think I've ever been to one, let alone own a swimming suit.

"That's actually a good idea," I finally hear Dream say as he stands up and walks past to grab something from the kitchen, "What do you think George?"

I sit there silently for a minute because, well, what am I meant to do? I don't want to go to the beach and I certainly won't be able to come up with a good excuse as to why.

"I guess," I respond quickly as it's been taking too long for me to. "Then it's decided!" Sapnap exclaims as he stands up with way too much energy and runs to his room to change.

"He's been surfing recently so he's probably excited to show off his new skills." Dream says, chuckling as he exits the kitchen with two cold water bottles. "Here," he says as he sets one down on the floor next to me, at this point I'm already sitting up with Patches still sitting on my lap.

"You might overheat if you continue dressing so warm," he smiles as he turns towards his room to change. I sigh as plop down backwards onto the floor, Patches still cuddling me. What am I meant to do?

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

A light kick to my side jolts me awake.

"Why aren't you dressed and ready?" Sapnap asks as he towers over me. Of course I fell asleep on the floor.

"I am," I respond sleepily.

"No you're not, you're still in your stupid winter clothes," he scoffs as he kicks my side again, "Go put on your swim suit."

"I don't have one."

"Whaddayamean you don't have one?" he narrows his gaze at me, "What kind of person doesn't bring a swimsuit to Florida?"

"The kind that isn't planning on swimming," I huff at him. I think my stubborn cat side is starting to show.

"What's going on?" Dream questions as he approaches the bottom of the stairs.

"George doesn't have a swimsuit and doesn't want to swim." Sapnap says as he crosses his arms. I roll my eyes in return.

"Well he could just borrow one of mine. I'm pretty sure I still have a pair that are a bit small on me." Dream shrugged as he carried a few beach towels over.

I grumble as Sapnap smiles at me smugly when I stand to head upstairs. I hate beach days.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

I cross my arms as I sit in the middle of the back seat of Dream's car, Sapnap called 'shotgun' and I didn't really feel like fighting with him right now.

As we pull up by the beach, Dream starts to side park and Sapnap jumps out the door before the car even stops. They only live down the street from here but it was decided that it would be best to drive so we wouldn't have to carry everything.

I hop out of the car and screech as my bare feet hit the scorching hot sand. Sapnap doubles over in laughter as I jump and grasp the side of the car.

"What happened?" Dream asks as he walks on the sand like it's nothing, holding most of the stuff from the back of the car.

"Why is the sand so freaking hot?!" I exclaim as I continue clinging to the side of the car. Dream laughs as he sets the cooler down in the sand.

"It's not bad once you get used to it," he responds as Sapnap finally starts to slightly pull himself together. I reach and touch the tip of my foot in the sand, retracting it quickly as soon as it touches.

Sapnap starts obnoxiously laughing again as Dream lightly chuckles. I huff as Dream goes to grab the rest of the stuff from the car.

"I hate the beach." I grumble, Dream places the towels on top of the cooler as Sapnap leans down to pick it up, still giggling at me.

Dream gives him the rest of the stuff, and turns to me empty-handed. He walks up to me, still standing on the side of the car, and opens up his arms towards me.

His face lights up as I tilt my head at him in confusion, next thing I know he's lacing his arm under mine and he picks me up bridal-style. I already know I'm blushing profusely as he follows Sap towards the edge of the water.

Sapnap lays the towels down as Dream waits patiently with me still in his arms. My head is right next to his chest, and I'm not wearing my beanie right now, so I can hear his heart beat quickly as I try to keep my ears from twitching under my hood.

He carefully sets me down on a blue towel and I scooch back into the shade as he sets up an umbrella. I sigh as I hear the waves calmly crash against the shore.

Looking up, I see Sapnap already taking his shirt off and spraying himself with sunscreen like a teenage boy discovering cologne for the first time.

I turn to Dream and I feel my face flush red as he reaches for the bottom hem of his shirt and starts to lift it up. I immediately cover my face with my hands and slam my head down onto my knees. I'm so hopeless.

Sapnap is quietly laughing, so out of curiosity, I lift my head up to see a big dollop of sunscreen on Dream's nose. I start giggling too as he crosses his eyes to try to see it and wipe it off his nose.

After he finally gets it, he looks at me and quickly wipes it right onto my nose, catching me off guard.

"Dreeeeam!" I whine as I wipe it off my nose. He starts getting into a wheezing fit as it accidently melts on my face. I wipe it off my hand and onto my towel.

Dream tosses the sunscreen tube onto another towel and finishes rubbing the sunscreen onto his shoulders. I can feel a light blush form on my face as I realize that he's actually shirtless in front of me.

He has a nicer build, not exactly muscular, but he has broader shoulders and a lean fit as freckles scatter across his chest and onto his shoulders.

I snap out of it as Sapnap aggressively tugs Dream's arm and yanks him to the water, I'm kind of glad I got to come here and finally meet these two idiots. I guess I was so caught up in trying to hide from the world, that I forgot to enjoy the small things in life that I still have.

Off in the distance, I see Sapnap shove Dream's head down underwater. As he pops back out, his hair flies up and smacks his face like a wet mop, causing me to snort before falling into a fit of giggles. I smile fondly, they really are idiots.

(Word Count: 1632)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 6.1K 20
While George is live streaming, he accidentally outs himself in front of his whole stream. His life seems to be collapsing as his mother figures out...
304K 8K 32
George finally gets to meet Dream irl only to be met with unexpected feelings that caught him off guard. (I'm not ruining the plot hehe, but expect i...
387K 10.4K 16
Dream and George are just vibing on minecraft with voice chat when someone interrupts George. George 'mutes' his mic but unknowingly misclicks, allow...
920 53 15
George Davidson is a civilian in the small town known as Leavenworth. To the small town, Christmas is a major holiday, and it's a big deal. Every tim...