UNDERLEVELED Season 1

بواسطة masterdavid250

ARCADIA is the VRMMORPG that became humanity's beacon of hope to escape the harsh reality. In 2070, Arcadia w... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 [END]

Chapter 30

123 11 0
بواسطة masterdavid250

From trivial reasons up to substantial reasons, Players played the game for many different reasons. It may be because you're bored, just like Kane. Or maybe they're only hardcore gamers that felt alive in playing Arcadia. And then there were these players—the players who played for vengeful reasons.

[ID: Chaos Revenant]

A Korean man spawned at the Herald City and quickly ran toward the street with his default clothes on like he already knew what was supposed to happen. Maria tried to bump him, but the young lad dodged her and immediately kicked the thugs in the face before the Quest even commenced.

The thugs tried to fight back, but the Asian man deliberately standing beside the fences before dodging. Because of that, the thugs were hitting the wooden panels instead.

Not only he knew what he was doing, but he was also young, tall, and handsome that his face looked like he came from the male leads of a comic book. Strong, tall, handsome, with pale skin. He was a man close to perfection. However, these characteristics of him were ruined by his stern stare as he defeated his opponents.

Maria approached him and thanked him. But the man shrugged just nodded at her to continue the Quest. While Maria was talking to him, the Asian Paragon collected the fallen panels from the broken fences. Maria ended talking the same time as the man finished picking the materials like it was perfectly timed. The next Quest prompted, and the man immediately left. That man was Chaos Revenant. The man who vowed to turn the world of Arcadia upside down.

After leaving the scene, Chaos Revenant proceeded to the market to sell the wood that he collected. But before he reached the market, Chaos Revenant was distracted at the sight of a semi-naked madman ranting in the middle of the Town Square.

"Aaaaahhhh!! I've been waiting here since forever! Why the fuck there was still no quest?! Stupid developers! Call maria again!"

Chaos Revenant ignored him and continued finishing his Tutorial Questline.

***

The so-called [Herald City Questline] or the Tutorial Questline was the first series of quests that every Player must encounter. Otherwise, they could never leave the Herald Island.

Because of Arcadia's XP reduction rule regarding killing the same monsters over and over again, Players barely reached LVL 50 even if they stayed the Herald Island for years. This forced them to finish the Tutorial Questline and leave the island.

It would start by bumping into Maria and saving her from the thugs. Maria would explain her situation to the Player. She and her sisters were sold to the Debt Collectors, who were also Human Traders, by their father under immense debt.

That encounter would initiate the [Debt Collectors] Questline about tracking down and stopping the underground organization hidden in Herald City.

Continuing the Quest would teach the Player how things worked in Arcadia, like how to interact with merchants, taverns, libraries, and so on.

The Player would eventually meet Perry, who was another NPC and a mother of a researcher from the Capital. This old lady would be the one to tell the Player that they were superior beings called Paragons. These beings may look like Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and other species, but Paragons were immortals and could grow infinitely.

Perry would show the Player her magical pendant that could detect Paragons and Paragon made weapons. This would start the [Paragon] Questline. Perry would request the Player to meet her at night. But their encounter at night ended brutally as the Player would find Perry being eaten by a black-skinned monster with human-like features.

The monster would escape through the window upon defeating, prompting the Player to track it down. The Player was bound to lose the monster to meet Detective Hallow. Hallow's explanation would initiate the [Night of Herald] Questline about the mysterious murders happening at night. The Player must take the magical pendant before leaving the room.

On the other hand, the Debt Collector's storyline would lead the Players to a minor hideout led by an NPC named Loon. Their confrontation forced Loon to divulge information about Boogie, his smuggler Boss, before escaping. That raid allowed the Player to meet an imprisoned knight from the Capital. The Knight would request help from the Paragon to save his fellow knights captured by Boogie, prompting the [Royal Knights] Questline.

Boogie's location was randomized per Player. If a Player asked the location of Boogie's hideout from advanced Players who already completed the Tutorial Questline, they wouldn't find anything. It was always changing and different for every Player.

Players were having a hard time tracking down Boogie. But it was actually easy tracking them down since Boogie was a smuggler. The most expensive materials that existed in Arcadia were materials that were made by Paragons. The Players only needed Perry's Magical Pendant from the [Paragons] Questline to find them.

While tracking down the monster from the [Night of Herald] Questline, the Players would end up finding a hidden hatch using the Pendant. Upon descending, the Players would realize that they were inside a Prison Cell in Boogie's headquarters. Reaching this point would update all three quests—the [Debt Collectors], [Night of Herald], and [Royal Knights] Questline.

With the help of the imprisoned Knights, the Players would break out of prison and clash with Boogie's crew. The Player would eventually defeat Boogie. But in her last moment, the black creature would come out and kill Boogie commencing the final boss fight on the island. Its conclusion would mark the end of the [Debt Collectors] Questline and the [Night of Herald] Questline.

The Knight captain would reveal themselves as the Sparrowman, a high-ranking Knight that directly worked for the Emperor. He ended up getting captured while doing a mission for the Emperor. Sparrowman would ask the Paragon to join him back to the Capital by boarding a ship called Centennial that it would update both [Paragons] and [Royal Knights] Questline.

As soon as the ship sailed, Dark Magicians would ambush the ship to prevent it from going to Miranda Kingdom Port. After that battle, they would face the Tutorial Questline's real final boss—the Heraldian Horrors.

No matter how strong a Player was, fighting the level 300 crocodiles always led to their defeat. The ship would sink, and only the Players would survive and reach the beach. That was the end of the Tutorial Questline. From here on, the Players could completely explore the world of Arcadia.

This was what should happen. Many contingency plans were made along the way that prevented the Player from losing their way. But that was where the problem started. The precautionary plans were made along the way and not at the start.

Who would've fucking thought that someone stupid would push Maria to the thugs and run away? Kane immediately failed the Quest right away, and Maria no longer wished to speak with Kane that all of his succeeding quests got locked.

The second problem was the two players that joined Kane—Bannermanner and the so-called Melodia. They were doing the Tutorial Quest the proper way until they met Kane and overheard his conversation with Melo. Upon hearing it, their Quest was updated to the same weird path that Kane was taking.

A weird Quest was activated because no one would've thought that someone would actually risk his life by paying the debt of an NPC? Kane unknowingly skipped through all the other events in the Tutorial Questline and went straight to the last part.

***

Chaos Revenant appeared, carrying a fire barrel on his back, at the site of the Elder Treant. He already had mid-quality items equipped with him despite only starting in the morning. But the only thing welcomed Chaos Revenant was the large crater in the middle and specks of embers floating in the air.

"The Treant already died? Did someone also knew the Elder Treant exploit?"

Without wasting another second, Chaos Revenant turned around while carrying his fire barrel. Bulgong's Staff could be seen on his back, emphasizing that he already cleared the Fruit Eye Cave on his first day.

***

After an hour of walk, Kane, Bannermanner, and Melodia finally arrived at Boogie's murky hideout—the dark and mysterious cave of Herald City. With the guidance of Melo, they finally reached the deepest portion of the cave. There was a large hole in the ceiling that brightened the cave, showing the massive port that was inside the cave. The people were carrying boxes to fill the ships that were docked in the river.

The vagrants saw them started gathering around them with killing intent. But because Melo was with them, they were restraining themselves. The Paragons were led to an open space where there was a large table in front of them. On the other side of the table was an obese woman covered with dragon tattoos. That woman was Boogie, one of the final bosses of the Herald Island. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

45.6K 646 6
In the most popular game of 2088 "Requiem Online", a VRMMORPG that took the world by storm! With a wide variety of classes, one player chooses the cl...
192 31 50
Mariko Yoshimura ventures into a virtual reality video game in search of an escape from what she dubs a real life nightmare. With little to no regard...
Haven بواسطة Tormented Asian

الخيال (فانتازيا)

501 28 11
I'm Hide. If you said I had problems, that would be an understatement. Parents? Dead. Life? Pretty much none. Friends? Forget it. Social skills? Prac...
60.5K 4.8K 152
ARCADIA is the VRMMORPG that became humanity's beacon of hope to escape the harsh reality. In 2070, Arcadia was being played by almost 5 billion peop...