UNDERLEVELED Season 1

By masterdavid250

ARCADIA is the VRMMORPG that became humanity's beacon of hope to escape the harsh reality. In 2070, Arcadia w... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 [END]

Chapter 1

597 26 3
By masterdavid250

In a snowy land, three men could be seen walking away from a battlefield. Two of them had the same height while the other one was relatively smaller compared to them.

One of the tall men was entirely covered with his Knight armor while the other was an Assassin covered in a lightweight armor hidden under his cape.

As for the third member, a Freeloader, he was wearing torn leather armors that were about to get ripped.

The Knight smilingly looked at the Assassin and said,

"Hey, Bastion, do you still remember the first day we arrived in this place?"

*BEEP*

"Yeah, it's been months."

*BEEP*

"I remembered it really took us a hard time dealing with the mobs when we first arrived here. It took us a hard time grinding levels, but now, look at us!! We just took out that mob in just a few seco—"

*BEEP*

The Knight stopped in the middle of the snowy plains and clenched his teeth. He couldn't help but to feel annoyed at the beeping sound coming from the Freeloader behind him.

"Hey, Bastion! I don't mean to offend you, but who the hell is this guy?!"

*BEEP*

The Assassin, or rather, Bastion, looked at the Freeloader and saw him trying to swipe left and right to disable the constant notification appearing in his face. The Freeloader momentarily paused upon seeing the duo weirdly looking at him.

"I don't know why this is happening? I keep on swiping it away, but it kept on appearing."

A red notification kept on appearing in the air in front of his face.

[Warning: Your Level is far too low for this Area]

The Knight shook his head in annoyance.

"As it was saying, your level is far too low!! You're not supposed to be here. Next time don't use hacks!"

The duo shrugged it off and continued walking forward while the Freeloader, still swiping left and right, followed them. The Knight tilted his head toward the Assassin.

"Where did you find this guy?"

"I don't know. He just appeared with a whole set of mobs chasing him."

"Then you don't know this guy? What if he's a corporate spy?!"

Despite swiping in the air, the Freeloader flinched upon hearing it.

"Corporate Spy? What's this? Are you guys the developers?"

Both Bastion and the Knight scratched their head before shifting their gaze back to the front.

Ggwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

A loud roar was heard. The three immediately crouched down while looking at the dark skies. Suddenly, a bright yellow eye lit up the sky along with a sound of explosions.

BOOM!

Bastion unsheathed the dagger that was dangling on his belt.

"He's here."

After saying those words, the Assassin gradually disappeared in thin air. The Freeloader was surprised.

"Woah! Invisibility!"

Ugh!

The Knight quickly grabbed the Freeloader's neck and pulled him down on the floor.

"We don't care if you're a corporate spy or anything. But that was Nethalion right there."

"The lion, what?"

"Nethalion? One of the Great Titans?"

The Freeloader rolled his eyes while trying to think about what the Knight has been saying. But the Knight could obviously read the Freeloader's face that he knew nothing about it.

"Forget it. Next time don't use hacks, kid."

Whish!

Bastion came back and sat beside them.

"They're fighting right now. We have to go."

The Knight nodded his head.

"Let's go!"

A white light enveloped the Knight, and wings appeared on his back. He jumped high to the sky and started flying toward the battle. Bastion remained and gazed at the Freeloader.

"Run! Escape this place! Run as far as you can."

"Wait! What is happ—"

Without letting him finish his sentence, Bastion faded away, leaving the Freeloader alone in the middle of a ruined city.

The Knight landed on top of a destroyed building to overlook the battle in front of him.

Below, a giant black-winged man was using his massive wings to defend himself from bombardment. It was the famed Titan, Nethalion. A black-scaled giant with enormous wings and horns.

On the other side was a beautiful red-haired mage in black robes unleashing fire arrows at the Titan. In a couple of steps behind the mage, two people could be seen limping away.

BOOM!

The lady was constantly firing flaming arrows and fireballs at Nethalion to help her teammates run away. But she was only holding the Titan back. Those kinds of attacks will never damage the great Nethalion. However, that doesn't mean that the Titan cannot be damaged as there were already many scars on his body.

The Titan grinned before dashing toward the lady.

The mage jumped backward and created a couple of magical barriers in front of her. Nethalion quickly destroyed the obstacles with the help of his massive wings, but it did impede his speed.

Upon destroying all of her barriers, the Titan slashed the mage with his sharp claws.

CLANG!

Just in time, the Knight appeared and blocked the attack with his shield. But it was still strong enough to push, both him and the mage, backward. Both of them were hurled through three abandoned buildings.

Before going to the fourth one, the mage created a spherical barrier that broke their momentum.

The Titan crouched down and took a peek at them from the holes of the abandoned buildings that they went through. Nethalion's eyes widened upon seeing that his opponents were unharmed.

Nethalion aimed his hands at them and fired lasers. The Knight placed his shield in front while the mage created multiple layers of spherical barriers to prepare for the attack.

BAAAMM!

Smoke quickly enveloped the area upon impact.

The Titan walked forward to check on them. But he felt something was coming.

SHING!

Bastion appeared and tried to slice the Titan's neck. But thanks to his heightened senses, the Titan managed to dodge by stepping back. Nethalion tried to fire lasers at Bastions, but Bastion could deflect all of them using his magical dagger.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Seeing that nothing was working, the Titan suddenly stopped firing lasers and crouched down. His black skin started turning red along with his veins.

BOOOOMMMM!!

A few meters away from the fight, the Freeloader finally reached the battlefield and saw the large explosion.

"Holy crap! This is literally the Boss Battles that I was expecting!! Hell, yeah!!"

Still hiding under the smoke, Bastion was teleported beside the Knight and the Mage. Bastion looked and smiled at the mage.

"Thanks for teleporting me, I would've died if you didn't."

The Mage had no time to reply and formed a giant red circle around her.

"Give me time!"

As soon as hearing that, Bastion and the Knight jumped away and dashed toward Nethalion.

Bastion appeared to the Titan's right and fired magical crossbow arrows at his head. The Titan blocked all of it using his own hands. But Nethalion felt pain as some kind of liquid started seeping through his veins from the arrows.

While being distracted, a rope was dropped down to Nethalion's head. It was pulled back even before he could react. At the end of the string, the Knight was staggering while trying to keep Nethalion in place. Nethalion grabbed the rope on his neck using his left hand while pulling it on his right hand.

Because of being choked, Nethalion's mouth was opened wide. Bastion managed to teleport on it and dropped a glowing ball.

BOOM!

The Titan fell down.

Not giving him time to recover, the Knight pulled the rope once again to choke Nethalion. Bastion jumped toward his mouth to drop another bomb. However, the Titan aimed his fists at the ground and it glowed red.

Seeing what Nethalion was doing, Bastion immediately kicked his bomb far away to prevent it from being ignited from the blast.

BAGAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Fragments of cement and compacted ice started falling from the sky. The place became a mess as everything was pushed back at the edge and left a large crater. In the middle, Nethalion was alive and well. Under a cement wall that collapsed, the Freeloader was trapped and trying to find away to escape.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Bog!

Eventually, he found his escape and went back to the surface. As soon as he got out, he saw the bomb that Bastion kicked away. He grinned before taking it away.

The Assassin and the Knight sprouted out off the rubble at the edges of the crater. Both of them were safe, but their armor was mostly destroyed. Upon seeing each other that they were safe, they immediately sped toward the Titan in blue and green energy.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Seeing that both of them were closing in, the Titan suddenly avoided them and rushed forward. Bastion and the Knight were confused, but it only took them a second later to realize that they messed up.

"Shit..."

Bastion whispered.

The Titan went straight to the mage instead. The Mage noticed, but she couldn't do anything as her incantation is still not over.

"Just a few seconds. A few seconds more!"

Despite the impending devastating threat coming at her, the Mage didn't stop and continued casting the spell. The Assassin and the Knight tried to chase down the Titan, but it was just too fast. They failed.

While closing in on the lady, the Titan raised his right hand.

Buzzzz!

Lightning and a scorching sound were heard before a weapon appeared in the Titan's hand. It was a Divine Weapon, one of the most powerful weapons in the world.

Even with death at her doorstep, the mage didn't stop and continued completing the spell. She closed her eyes and did nothing but to continue her incantations as it was her job. The Titan swung his blade toward the woman.

Phish!

Nethalion stopped midway as he was surprised at a head that suddenly sprouted from the snowy ground. It was the Freeloader who appeared from the rubble in front of the lady.

"At last, I managed to pl—"

But he was immediately surprised at the sight of the Titan's blade right in front of him.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!

The ground that the Titan was standing suddenly collapsed. The Mage, The Assassin, and the Knight were all shocked at the turnout of events.

The Titan's right leg got jammed to the ground that he lost the grip on his weapon. The gigantic Scythe fell in front of the Freeloader. Without hesitation, the boy grabbed the handle of the weapon. Black energy started converging toward him, and the weapon itself shrunk to match his height. Upon grabbing, a large red notification appeared in front of him.

[You equipped THE ETERNAL REAPER.]

[Rank: Divine Weapon]

[Level: 1000]

[Effects: ???]

[Stats: ???]

[Warning: Your level is far too low to wield this weapon.]

[Due to the difference in level of the wielder and its requirements, the stats and effects of this weapon will be reduced by 99%]

[Passive Skill: Devil's Incarnate]

[Devil's Incarnate: Negate a single attack from any demon.]

[Cooldown: 10,000 Seconds]

'What the hell?! 99%?!'

The Freeloader was flustered upon seeing the restrictions, but he didn't have time to complain. He took it and jumped toward the Titan.

Nethalion, who still has his leg jammed on the ground, glared at the Freeloader and radiated a red beam from his eyes.

It was a direct attack. Black fog immediately surrounded the place.

Finally, Nethalion managed to free his leg. He walked forward to finish his unfinished business, killing the mage. The magic circle was almost completed. The mage only needed a few seconds.

Suddenly, they heard a scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! TASTE THE POWER OF A LEVEL 5 PLAYER!!"

The Freeloader appeared from the smoke. He was unharmed thanks to the passive skill of the blade. Quickly, he swung the blade straight toward the Titan's eyes, and a black shockwave was released upon impact.

The Titan fell down while cowering in pain. But it was not over. A simple attack won't bring a Titan down.

Nethalion stood up with a vengeful glare on his remaining eye. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192 31 50
Mariko Yoshimura ventures into a virtual reality video game in search of an escape from what she dubs a real life nightmare. With little to no regard...
132K 5.4K 122
Daniel, just an average guy in the real world has bought a new game, first VRMMORPG(Virtual reality rpg game) that it's called Dreamland rpg. He'll m...
6 1 10
Carol and her husband, Caleb, get a rare opportunity. The year is 4075, most unpredictable inventions are found all round. Humans have evolved to wit...
45.6K 646 6
In the most popular game of 2088 "Requiem Online", a VRMMORPG that took the world by storm! With a wide variety of classes, one player chooses the cl...