Beyond the Cameras

By stevson97

Rory Pinnock has always had everything she has ever wanted handed to her on a silver platter. Literally. With... More

Beyond the Cameras
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

61 3 0
By stevson97

Chapter 15

I don't know where Noland bought the soup from, but it was amazing. I very nearly started licking the bowl like a starving person.

Unfortunately, I could only eat my feelings away for so long until the events of earlier creeped back into my brain.

He kissed me.

HE KISSED ME!

Granted it was on the cheek, but still.

I plopped down on my bed with a sigh.

What was I going to do? Cal was saying stay away from him. He's a bad guy.

But I haven't actually talked to him about what happened. It could have all of been a misunderstanding. Or Nol could be being framed. That's always a possibility. Right?

I so badly wanted to listen to Cal and have a simple life while I stayed here, but every other organ besides my brain was saying to give Nol a chance.

I was about to drown my sorrows in karaoke once more when my phone started ringing.

I looked at the screen and saw it was Mom calling. I quickly hit the green button and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Darling. How is everything going?"

Her chirpy voice was the first thing that tipped me off. She was either about to deliver bad news or give me news that she wasn't sure how I would react to.

"Alright...Why?"

"What do you mean why? I was just wanting to know how my only child is doing. Is that such a crime?"

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics, but played along anyways.

"You're right," I said flatly. "How are you?"

"I'm doing just peachy. Now, Rory, don't be upset with me, but I talked to Felic Cassano and he wants you to fly up to LA for a little advertising. You're not starting promo or anything, but he wants you to go to the premiere of Dark Face to put your name out there and to take pictures with him. This will start rumors that you will be in his next blockbuster which is what we need. I already booked you a flight to leave out tomorrow morning."

I groaned, hitting my head on my pillow a few times. I didn't mind flying out to LA for a few days, but I did mind that Mom was just now calling me to tell me. She knows I hate when she does this.

"Yes, Mom. I'll be there."

"Thanks darling. Felic is really excited to meet you and of course, I told him you were excited to meet him. I'll pick you up from the airport. Oh and make sure your dressed nice. We'll have to meet Felic as soon as you arrive to smooth out the details."

"Okay. See you then."

"Love you!"

"Love you too Mom."

I hung up the phone and laid back on my bed for a little while. Now I would have to pack. I always dreaded packing. But on the bright side, I wouldn't have to see Nol for a few more days. Maybe I could work out a solution as to what to do about Nol and Cal.

****

I arrived at LAX as a ball of nervous energy. I had only been out of the spotlight for a few months, but it felt like years.

My mother greeted my at the airport, but unfortunately, so did the paparazzi. They had no idea why I was back so they were throwing all kinds of crazy questions my way.

"Did you graduate early?"

"Have you been kicked out of the school?"

"Why aren't you bringing your new boyfriend with you?"

Bystanders were starting to join the paparazzi and so the noise was only increasing. I was so grateful Johnny was there to help me push through the crowd.

Even though it wasn't sunny outside, I kept my eyes guarded my a pair of chunky sunglasses. My heels clacked against the cement as I carried my gorgeous Louis with me.

The chauffeur opened the car door for Mom and I as we slid into the back of the Escalade. Johnny climbed into the front seat with the driver and we drove away.

"It's so good to see you sweetie," my mom said, as she typed away on her phone. She had given me a hug when she first saw me, but then went back to her committed relationship with her phone.

"You too Mom. Are we going Felic Cassano's office?"

"No," she replied. "He's meeting us at the Hills House."

The Hills House is a house (big shocker right?) in Beverly Hills (again, you must be so surprised). Honestly, it's more of a house for business deals than for living in. Yes, we do stay there, but normally it's just for looks.

"So mom-"

She held up a finger as her phone started ringing, abruptly ending any conversation I was trying to start.

"Felic, darling, how are you?"

I sighed in defeat and relaxed into my seat. There was no point in trying so hard when my mother wasn't putting in any effort on her part.

This was going to be a long ride.

****

As expected, the ride felt longer than it should have, but we eventually made it to the Hills House. We barely had any time to settle in before the doorbell was ringing and we were welcoming Felic Cassano....'s assistant.

"Hello. I'm Sherry, Mr. Cassano's assistant. Some last minute business came up and he had to stay at the studio. I'm sure you understand."

I could tell my mom was a little peeved, but she still smiled and agreed with Sherry.

"Of course. I'm Julianne Pinnock. Please come in," she gestured to the living room lined with stiff sofas.

"Rory Pinnock," she greeted, when she saw me standing to the side. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine," I said with a big smile.

"Lovely place you have here," Sherry commented as she took a seat on the bright red sofa. "Is this a permanent residence?"

We all knew there was no way this place had been lived in for more than a week at a time, but out of curtesy, she asked the obvious question.

"No. This is just a side house we keep for nice weekends out here."

Sherry nodded and opened the big binder she had carried in.

"Well, I'm just going to jump right into the reason we are here," she angled her body where she was facing me instead of the big flat screen at the front of the room. "Mr. Cassano is very impressed with some previous auditions we've seen of you and is interested in casting you for his upcoming film. Now, the role is not guaranteed, but you are one of the more promising actresses we are hoping to hire."

"That means so much, especially coming from Mr. Cassano. I've always wanted to work with him and I'm honored to even be considered for one of his movies," I gushed.

If there's one thing Hollywood taught me, it's that sucking up is always the best option. Even though that was complete over kill and I may have sounded like a tool, too many compliments is never too many.

"Of course," she smiled. "I'll let Mr. Cassano know you think so highly of him," she then turned her attention back to the big binder in her hands. "I've brought a piece of the script with me along with a more detailed summary of what the movie will be about. Because we are still considering one more young lady for the role, we would like both of you to learn this piece of the script and audition early next week at Mr. Cassano's personal studio."

"Early next week," I questioned. I was only supposed to be here until Sunday night and then I would fly back to Texas for school the next day. Mom promised me I wouldn't have to miss a great deal of school because this was only a visit to show my face and schmooze.

"Will that be a problem?"

Sherry looked up at me from what she was typing on her Blackberry and raised an eyebrow.

"I-"

"No," my mother interrupted. "Next week is perfect."

She sent me a look that told me to go along with what Sherry wanted.

"Excellent. I'll tell Mr. Cassano that you agree to everything and then we'll email over a more specific time and date."

Sherry took out the script and summary she had earlier talked about and handed them to me.

"We'll be in touch," she smiled, following my mother as she led she to the door.

"It was very nice meeting you Mrs. Pinnock," she threw over her shoulder before the door closed.

My mother groaned as soon as the door closed.

"I need a drink."

****

New chapter! Even though I knew what I wanted to do with this chapter, I haven't had time to sit down and write the entire thing. I've just been writing bits and pieces of it for a while. BUT I FINALLY FINISHED IT! Anyway, the next chapter will be more Hollywood events. It will give you more of an idea of what Rory's normal life is.

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 109 18
This book was written in 2016 when I was obviously going through a ruff time, and honestly this book sucks. But I'm to lazy to edit it all and don't...
445K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
18K 316 31
19 year old Karina Braun is the daughter of Scooter Braun who manages the most successful pop singer Justin Bieber who is 20. Karina is still in Coll...
41.9K 704 23
**If you read this when it was out before, please read it again. I changed quite a few things in it, and hopefully made it better. Thanks :) ** Luke...