Playing With Fire (Sebastian...

By AlwaysSeb

The 2021 season ended with the tragic loss of one of Formula W's brightest stars. The racing world had been l... More

Prologue
1. Flashback (1)
3. Flashback (3)
4. Reunited
5. Conflicted
6. Flashback (4)
7. Getting the Team Back Together
Formula W Drivers
Formula 1 Drivers
F1 and FW Calendars
8. Always on His Mind
Australian Grand Prix
Bahrain Grand Prix
Emilia Romagna Grand Prix
9. The Pain in Spain
10. Guess Who's Back Bitches
Spanish Grand Prix
Monaco Grand Prix
11. Time to Let Go?
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
12. Face to Face
Canadian Grand Prix
13. An Unexpected Ally
14. Miami Heat
Miami Grand Prix
15. A Step Too Far
Austrian Grand Prix
16. Intervention
17. Cursed
British Grand Prix
Hungarian Grand Prix
18. Fall From Grace (1)
19. Fall From Grace (2)
20. Fall From Grace (3)
21. Everything She Needed
22. First Steps To Recovery
23. Summer's End
24. Back to It
25. Savage
26. Rashford's Return
Belgian Grand Prix
27. Collision Course
Netherlands Grand Prix
28. The Waiting Game
29. Recovery
Italian Grand Prix
30. Saturday
31. Rumours
German Grand Prix
32. Together
33. Shaken
Singapore Grand Prix
Japanese Grand Prix
34. The Announcement
United States Grand Prix
35. The Argument
36. An Uneasy Truce
Mexican Grand Prix
37. Decision to Make
38. A Little Bit of TLC
Brazilian Grand Prix
39. Time To Think
40. A Decision Not Took Lightly
Malaysian Grand Prix
Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
41. What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
42. Bowing Out in Style
43. For Old Time's Sake
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
44. Presentation Night
Epilogue
To Be Continued...

2. Flashback (2 )

1.4K 35 4
By AlwaysSeb

Mollie could hear voices around her.  She tried to open her eyes but everything hurt.   Finally, with a little extra effort she managed to open them slightly.  She was still sat in the car.  She could see several faces peering down at her.  She recognised the familiar face of Doctor Ian Roberts.

"Hi Mollie, welcome back.  How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been in a car crash funnily enough," she replied,  sarcastically. 

"Where does it hurt?  Can you move your limbs?"

Mollie carefully moved her left leg, followed by her right.  Then she moved her arms.

"All moving.  All hurt like mad, but fully functional.  I think I've bust some ribs though."

"How about your head?" the doctor asked, aware of Mollie's previous head injury. 

"Bit of an ache, nothing too major.   What the fuck happened?   I remember hitting Elena but that's it.   Is she ok?"

"Let's just concentrate on you.  Some of my colleagues are with Elena."

Mollie felt her heart begin to race.   She felt hot and sweaty.   "I can't breathe."  She began struggling for breath.  "Get me out of here.  I have to get out of here."

"Mollie, you need to calm down.  You're having a panic attack."

"Where's Seb?  I need Seb!"

"Mollie, we need to get you out and to the hospital.   You can see Seb there sweetheart."

Mollie tried to calm herself down but it was so difficult. Her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest. She started seeing spots in front of her eyes. Then all of a sudden, everything went black again.

***

The doctor looked at Seb. He was silent for a moment.

"You are her boyfriend?" Seb nodded.

"Would you like to come this way?" Seb followed the doctor. Matthew sat down again. Seb deserved to see her first.

The doctor opened a door and held it open for Seb.

His heart skipped a beat as he saw Mollie propped up on the hospital bed. She started sobbing as she saw him.  He dashed to her side. 

"Thank God! Mols I was so worried," he cried, pulling her into his arms, quickly releasing her when she cried out in pain.  "Baby, I'm so sorry. Where does it hurt?"

"Ribs. Two broken ribs.  Severe bruising to my shoulders from my belts.  Broken wrist. Mild concussion."

"Jesus Mollie, I thought I'd lost you.  Your car....it was...there wasn't much left."

"Good job the season's over then," she said, wryly.

Seb picked up her hand and squeezed it. 

"So how are the others? No one's telling me anything."

"Sophia's broken her leg, but otherwise she's ok. I haven't heard anything about Annette, Emilia and Elena. I've been waiting here with Matthew Thorne."

Mollie sighed and closed her eyes. 

"I didn't realise so many were caught up in it.  I hope they're ok."

"I'm sure they'll be fine," he reassured her, although he was far from sure.  Mollie didn't need to worry about the others, he had to sound positive even if he was feeling anything but.

"Can I use your phone? I need to call my parents. They'll be frantic."

"Of course baby."  He handed his phone to her.

Her Dad answered on the first ring. 

"Hello," he said, sounding shaken.

"Daddy, it's me. I'm ok."

"Mols, thank God.  We've been beside ourself with worry.  Are you hurt?" he asked, his voice crackling with emotion.

"Couple of broken ribs, broken wrist, bruising. Just minor things. I've got all winter to recover.  I hear my car wasn't so lucky though. Hope there's a scrapyard nearby."

"Mollie don't even joke about it.  You could have been killed."

"I'm sorry Dad, but if I don't joke I'll just break down and cry."

"Oh Mols.  Do you want me to fly out? I can be on the next flight out."

"No, it's fine. Seb's here with me and I'll be flying home soon."

"Are you still in the hospital?"

"Yeah. They said they'll probably keep me overnight for observations."

"Have you heard anything about the other drivers?"

"Sophia has broken her leg. I haven't heard about the others." 

"That mad Russian bitch needs banning. She's crazy."

"Dad, just leave it. I just want to rest. I'm sure I'll be angry enough later but for now I'm just tired. I love you.  Love to Mum and Jude."

"Love you too Mollie Moo."

Mollie disconnected and handed Seb's phone back to him.  She closed her eyes tightly, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"Baby, I'm here."

"Please can you try and find out how the others are?"

"I will do but I don't want to leave you."

"I'm going to try and have a sleep."   

"I'm not leaving you.  I'll be here."

There was no answer.  Either she'd fallen asleep faster than anyone he'd ever known or she was ignoring him.  He tried not to take it personally.  He knew she was going through something intense. 

Her breathing soon slowed down, she had definitely fallen asleep.  He took his phone out and noticed a text from Britta.

Britta:  Emilia Koskinen has a broken collar bone. Otherwise she's ok.  No news on Annette or Elena.  I've seen the update on Sophia. How's Mollie? Any news ?x

Seb:  That's a relief about Emilia.  I'm with Mollie now.  She's sleeping.  She's ok.  Broken ribs, broken wrist, severe bruising, mild concussion.  She'll be fine. Needs a lot of TLC x

Britta:  thank God. Give her my love when she wakes. X

There was a tap on the door and Matthew popped his head around.

"Hey, how is she? The docs updated me on her injuries. I mean in herself."

"Hard to tell. She's worried about the others."

"Naylor updated about Emilia."

"Britta told me.  No news on Elena or Annette though?"

"Nothing. I know they were still working on them after the other three were brought here."

"I hope they're ok.  I know it was Elena's fault but still..."

Both men fell silent.  They both knew how bad it looked. 

"I'm going to go and see Sophia now.  I'll pop back later to see Mollie when she wakes up.  First I'm going to call Cassie and get her to release a statement.  Stop any speculation."

Seb nodded. "I'm staying here. I'm not leaving her. I'm not racing tomorrow, no matter what Otmar says."

Matthew nodded and left the room.  Seb picked up Mollie's hand again.  No one was dragging him away from her.  He was where he had to be. 

                                  ***

Cassie and Joel were sat in hospitality. It was really late but both knew they wouldn't be able to sleep.  Cassie was waiting to hear how Mollie was. She was desperately worried about her friend. 

Finally her phone rang. Matthew Thorne.

"Hello, Matthew how is she?" she asked tearfully.

" Cass calm down. She's fine. Some injuries but nothing life threatening. Broken ribs, broken wrist, bruising. She'll be ok."

"Thank God," Cassie gasped with relief. 

"Any word from Ferrari?"

"No.  Matthew I'm afraid it doesn't look good.  It took a long time to transport them to hospital."

"I guess we just have to hope and pray for them.  Goodnight Cassie. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news. "

Cassie hoped so.  She couldn't stand Elena but she never wished this on her. And Annette.  Annette wasn't so bad.  She was actually quite nice when she wasn't with Elena. 

Joel took her hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "Come on Cassie. Let's go get some sleep ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 194 31
A part 2 to Career Driven Woman
5.1K 83 11
Amelia Rose a 20 years old female and charles leclerc girlfriend. Suddenly she gets pregnant at first she has really excited and she planned to tell...
110K 1.2K 40
Callie - Canadian, Awkward, Stubborn, Needs a Nap Daniel - Australian, Overconfident, Easy going, Life Goes 200 Miles a Minute They're different but...
42.5K 1.7K 36
And they say 'she's so lucky - she's a star' but she cries in her lonely heart