Lucy Potter: Harry's little s...

By Lizzy_FanficFan

The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living wit... More

Intro
Chapter 1: The Start of a Legend
Chapter 2: (Birthday) issues
Chapter 4: Secrets & giants
Chapter 5: Vaults & Robes
Chapter 6: The truth
Chapter 7: Saying goodbye
Chapter 8: New terrain
Chapter 9: Life changes
Chapter 10: A shocking turn of events
Chalter 11: Hey you
Chapter 12: Go on!
Chapter 13: Live with it
Chapter 14: Dursleys and strange turns
Chapter 15: Reunited
Chapter 16: A Merry Little Christmas
Chapter 17: Hardships bring frienships
Chapter 18: Reunions are the best parties
~YEAR 2 IS COMING!!!~
Chapter 1: Summer of Magic
Chapter 2: Happy birthday
Chapter 3: The Trouble with House Elfs
Chapter 4: Friends from the Start
Chapter 5: The letters
Chapter 6: The floo trip
Chapter 7: Summer's end
Chapter 8: Different ways
Chapter 9: First day's always the hardest
Chapter 10: Friends make life better
Chapter 11: The try-outs
FC's
Chapter 12: Trick or Treat!
Chapter 13: Life After Halloween
Chapter 14: Quidditch Disasters
Chapter 15: Hospital secrets
Chapter 16: Moonlight troubles
Chapter 17: The Dueling Club
Chapter 18: Distractions needed!
Chapter 19: Simply investigating!
Chapter 20: Happy Valentine
Chspter 21: Without that one friend
Chapter 22: The big reveal
Chapter 23: The basilisk's lair
Chapter 24: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 25: The Big Reveal pt. 2
Chapter 26: Power of Friendship
YEAR 3!!!
| year 3 | Chapter 1: Family is everything
| Year 3 | Chapter 2: The Great Escape
| Year 3 | Chapter 3: A place to stay
| Year 3 | Chapter 4: Summertime (Sadness)
| Year 3 | Chapter 5: Back to school
| Year 3 | Chapter 6: What're friends for, huh?
| Year 3 | Chapter 7: The whole teaching thing
| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems
| Year 3 | Chapter 9: The hippogriff
| Year 3 | Chapter 10: The unprofessional teacher
| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room
| Year 3 | Chapter 12: The light in dark times
| Year 3 | Chapter 13: The match
| Year 3 | Chapter 14: Halloween & Co
| Year 3 | Chapter 15: The verdict
| Year 3 | Chapter 16: The History of Sirius Black
| Year 3 | Chapter 17: The horror of betrayal
| Year 3 | Chapter 18: The darker future
|Year 3 | Chapter 19: Drinks before doom

Chapter 3: A Letter to a Potter

1.7K 32 3
By Lizzy_FanficFan

Lucy's POV:

The manager of the zoo apologized like a 100 times, but of course, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia knew all too well it wasn't the zoo's fault: we had made the glass disappear and reappear after, trapping Pierce and Dudley.

They were out now and while they were in an office with the manager, with our aunt and uncle, Harry and I were waiting outside.

Up to now, we had remained silent.
"Which of us did it?" I asked him nervously.
He shrugged and looked up at me. "No idea, I guess we did it together..." he sighed and without warning, he stood up and kicked the wall out of frustration.

"It's not your fault Harry," I tried calming him. "Besides, you shouldn't be angry because of me, I can take care of myself too and you know that."

Harry looked at me, clearly feeling defeated. "I just wish I could've stopped it, I'm supposed to be your big brother..." he sat back down, staring at the wall opposite us absentmindedly.

"I should be the one taking care of you, but instead, you are usually the mature one."

I grab both of his shoulders, forcing him to look me in the eyes.

"You are the best big brother I could wish for," I tell him. "And I think, as I'm only 1 year younger than you are, that we should look after each other, you need that just as much as I do..." Harry smiles at me and I can tell he knows I'm right. "And I am definitely NOT the maturer one."

Harry grinned. "And you're the best little sister I could wish for." We sit there in silence for a couple of minutes, because there is no need to say anything else.

Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, Pierce and Dudley came out of the office. Uncle Vernon took me and Harry by our collars and dragged us with them to the car.

After we had brought Pierce home, explaining what happened (except the cause of course), we went home and the moment we entered the house, Uncle Vernon pushed us hard against the wall and punched Harry.

"YOU ARE TO STAY IN YOUR CUPBOARD UNTIL AFTER THE MAY HOLIDAYS! AND NO SNEAKING OUT!!!" Then he punched me.

I could taste blood in my mouth, indicating my lip had given in. Harry immediately opened the cupboard and shoved and me and himself in.

"We didn't mean to, it just happened, it was like magic-" I tried, but I got cut off.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC, YOU SCUM!" With that, Uncle Vernin placed the key in the lock and locked our cupboard, not knowing how easily we could break it.

I turned to Harry, as he looked at me, checking if I'm badly hurt and I do the same for him. Harry had a blue eye, already turning black and his glasses were broken once again.

"We'll need to grab some tape and ice too when we sneak out for food," I say quietly, sitting down.

~*~

Uncle Vernon wasn't kidding: we really were trapped in our cupboard for months, only allowed to exit twice a day for food and the bathroom. Luckily, we were now skilled lockbreakers, so we could leave at night as well, sneaking in food and even some abbandoned carts to play games with.

When our punishment was over, the summer holidays had started.

Harry and I often escaped the house to go outside, hanging around somewhere. This is how we escaped Dudley, who had received his uniform and a god damn STICK for school, with which he tried to punch us all the time. 

Then one morning (in fact, it was a week until Harry's 11th birthday) we had breakfast together: Harry, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, Dudley and I. There came a sound from the hallway.

"Dudley boy, get mail," Uncle Vernon said lazily, reading s newspaper.
"Make thém get mail!" Dudley responded.
"Lucy, get mail!"

Harry tried speaking up, but I kicked his foot from under the table just in time and made my way to the hall.

There were three letters: a blue one for Uncle Vernon with tax, a letter adressed to all the Dursley's from Aunt Marge and there was also an odd one:

Mr. H. Potter
The cupboard under the stairs
4, Private Drive

I gasped, looking at the letter in shock. Someone wrote to Harry? And how did they know about our cupboard?

I took the letter, plus the other two, with me to the kitchen, giving the others to Uncle Vernon and about to give Harry his, untill...

"Dad, Lucy's got one more!" Dudley said accusingly, pointing at me. Before Harry could take the letter, Uncle Vernon snatched it out of my hands.

"That's Harry's!" I shout at him. I'd had enough of how my uncle was treating us and this was the point it came out.

"Who would write to him?" Uncle Vernon asked mockingly.

"How could we know? He hasn't even read it!" I yelled back, getting furious.

Harry grabbed my shoulder warningly, trying to calm me down, but I shrugged it off. "It's his letter, he should be the one to read it, for once in our lifes!"

Dudley yanked his stick at me and hit me hard in the face.

I felt blood stream down the side of my head.

In the meantime, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia had opened the letter and just when Harry was about to attack Dudley, they gasped harshly, turning about 4 shades paler in only a second.

"Who is it from?" Dudley asked, trying to get the letter, but Uncle Vernon held it out too high for anyone else to grab it.

"ALL THREE OF YOU OUT!" he screamed at us, pieces of breakfast flying to our faces.

Dudley looked completely taken aback at his fathers tone towards him, but after none of us reacted, Uncle Vernon just chopped us out: Harry and me to the cupboard, Dudley to the stairs.

~*~

The conversation between my aunt and uncle was serious and tension remained in the house the following week, in which every day more and more letters arrived for Harry.

On Sunday, Uncle Vernon seemed in an oddly good mood.

"No mail on Sunday!" He exclaimed, but when he did, a letter flew in straight into the back of his head, along with about 30 others; they were coming from the fireplace.

Harry and I tried to grab one, but we had no success.

"ENOUGH! I'VE HAD ENOUGH" Uncle Vernon yelled as he threw me, Harry and Dudley out again, instructing us to pack bags.

"Dad's gone crazy, hasn't he?" Dudley asked his mum, who didn't answer.

Harry's POV:

Uncle Vernon insisted on leaving after the letter scandal. He even slapped Dudley because he was lingering, trying to take his TV with him. He also punched me and Lucy again.

Lucy was still bleeding when we sat in the car, but she kept claiming it didn't hurt that much. I was still very mad at my uncle and Dudley for both throwing away my letters and punching us.

Uncle Vernon drove through England for the rest of the day, on occasions stopping somewhere and getting in again to go on. I even started to feel like Dudley had been right for once in his dumb life: Uncle Vernon had gone crazy.

Eventually, around 11 o'clock that evening, we were done driving around and we stopped at a beach. It was storming tonight and thunder was coming.

After Uncle Vernon had talked to a very dark and scary-looking figure he came back to get us and lead us to a small, old, wooden boat.

"We're going to that house on the island there," he said, pointing to a mere rock in the sea with an old shad on it, that seemed to go and fall apart any minute.

"Do you want to kill us?" I said, mentally slapping myself for speaking up like that.

Uncle Vernon however, did not react and helped Aunt Petunia, Dudley and himself in the boat, motioning for us to follow impatiently.

I helped Lucy in and stepped in myself too, thanking god that Lucy and I were both very thin and small.

I think by a miracle, we all got to the rock in that boat without falling out, but we were still all soaking wet due to the storm.

The shad was indeed very old and at a point it could break down any moment, it smelled horrible and there was only one bedroom, where Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia were sleeping. Dudley took for the couch and Lucy and I got the floor, which was freezing cold.

"Are you okay Luce?" I asked Lucy when Dudley was sleeping. She nodded silently, then turned to look at me.

"What 'bout you Harry?" I shrugged and nodded. It was now almost midnight and then, I would be 11. Lucy kept looking at my watch as well and nodded to Dudley.

"Shall we wake him up at 12 to annoy him?" I grinned and thought about how tempting the idea was. Lucy had always been one for crazy, but hillarious ideas and jokes.

Then it was 12 AM and Lucy sat up, beaming at me.

"Happy birthday Harry!" I beamed at her and we hugged, but then someone, or something, knocked hard against the door, waking Dudley and probably our aunt and uncle. BANG!
BANG!

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia came running downstairs, Uncle Vernon holding a gun and pointing it to the door.

"I command you to leave this house, I am armed!" He yelled threateningly.

Dudley went to his mum, while Lucy and I backed away, hiding behind the fireplace.

There was one more 'BANG!' And the door came crashing down.

_____________________________________________

A/N:
So that's another chapter, let me know what you think.

Comment, vote, like etc.

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...
45.5K 1.4K 27
'𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧, 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫.' After the sorting hat had sorted Anna Rowly into Gryffindor, breaking th...
572K 16.5K 22
On a fateful mission gone wrong, Auror Draco Malfoy gets mauled by a werewolf in an attempt to save his partner's life. When they rush him into St. M...
71K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...