Tell Me With Flowers

Galing kay unheard_tales

Two broken souls, one mutual wedding but a million heart breaks. As a result of breaking up with his longtime... Higit pa

Author's note
1. The get-together
2. We are getting married
3. Busy days
4. The meeting
5. The firsts
6. Overcoming fears
7. Warmth in an ice museum
8. A dinner date
9. Ice museum
10. Preparations
11. Shopping spree
12. First fights
13. Insecurities
14. Assurance
15. Home Sweet Home
16. Knight in shining armor
17. December Wedding
18. Let's get started
19. A little extra something
20. Side effects
21. Something's cooking
22. I'm all in for the game
23. Rules are meant to be broken
24. A look at the past
25. Do follow for more juicy details
26. A past itch
27. I still feel jealous
28. The Ex-talks
30. Burning flames of jealousy
31. A party
32. Assurance to the insecurities
33. A safe option?
34. Impressing Smith
35. Telling me with flowers
36. She doesn't love you
37. Kim's show to the rescue
38. Confession behind the letter
39. The only hope
40. What do you say?
41. Trust factor
42. Past rewritten
43. Self-doubts
44. Stronger than you think
45. Unexpected turn of events
46. What's going on?
47. Surprise Visit
48. Crooked reality
49. Your Darling
50. Marry her
51. Ex-Meet
52. Confessions
53. Forgoing the worse for the better
54. Put a ring on it
55. Drunk in love
56. Kiss me
57. Tell me with flowers
58. The End
Epilogue

29. Turmoil

139 11 18
Galing kay unheard_tales

MEGAN

Feathers were falling, tingling all over me and what was worse, I was loving it. I tilted my head towards one side as a small smile broke in. Small kisses were flowered on me. My cheeks, my nose, my eyes and my lips.

God. A small moan escaped my lips. Embarrassed, I opened my eyes to the most beautiful face.

"Hi." Miles smiled, kissing my nose. He was on top of me, putting all his weight on my body, pressing me to the mattress. This was a very fast moving scene to where we were in our relationship. But I didn't see myself complaining.

"Hi." I said, making sure that my face wasn't red.

Last night was something that I couldn't get over with. My nightmare had woken me up and without thinking what I was doing, I had leaned on him for emotional support.

And when he asked me if I would like to be his girlfriend, without thinking, I had said something comedic to ease the nerves of mine.

Now, Miles was acting as if he had got a certificate to embarrass me. He had showered me with kisses and sweet nothings. A bigger part of me liked it, for it was something that I was not used to. Something that made me feel liked, pampered and perhaps even loved. But a bigger part of me was scared of the impeding what ifs.

There was a lot to discuss and though Miles said that we would figure things out together, I still had my doubts. For now, I wanted to enjoy the present not wanting to over think things through.

"I don't want to get up." Miles pouted, making me laugh. At my laugh, his pout turned into a smile. He rolled over and soon, I was on top of him. "You are my girlfriend, finally."

He hugged me tighter, kissing my forehead.

"Miles." I chuckled, pushing myself up. Sitting on top of him, my hands on his bare chest and my butt on his torso, Miles put his hand behind his head, smirking at me.

"I could get used to the view." He said and immediately, I knew what he was referring to. Before I could do something worse, I tried to get up, but Miles held my hand tightly, resisting my escape. "Come one, darling, I know you love it too."

I stopped my tantrums and looked at him. His smirk which often brought a flip to my tender heart, now didn't intimidate me. His disheveled hair which often looked sexy without combing was now standing in all angles known to man. His dark eyes were drinking me in and his lips were pink and full.

Without taking my eyes off him, I leaned towards him, tracing my hands on his bare chest. Goosebumps formed behind the trace I drew and I heard him gulp in nervousness. I smiled victoriously, glad that I had an effect on him just like he had on me.

My fingers slowly reached for his lips. So full. Pink. Plump. When I looked at Miles, he had closed his eyes. Not thinking about my actions, I leaned forward pressing my lips to his.

It was as if we were meant to be. I had never felt that way before - confident and in control. It was just like a roller coaster ride, when the air hits you on the face, taking you high up along with it. I knew it was a dangerous, but the excitement was overpowering the consequences it held.

I heard a manly groan and it alone made me high. The slow kiss picked up its pace. My hands roamed his head and clutched hand full of his soft hair pulling it as he bit my lips. He pulled me down with him, his hands around my waist while another held me in place.

I had forgotten everything with that one kiss. If kisses could speak, this was screaming loudly that it wasn't a game for him and he liked me just like he had told me last night.

All the what-if questions that lingered on my mind flew out the window when his hands touched my bare stomach.

I gasped and Miles took it to his advantage to put his tongue inside of me. It was driving me nuts and I knew I would comatose if he just continued with his tricks.

We parted, both breathing heavily as our chest rose and fell in rhythm.

"God, I can't get enough of you." He said, leaning his head on me. He pecked my lips again and closed his eyes trying to gain some control. "Could we just stay in today?"

I giggled. "I have work." I got up, still wobbly from the make out session. "You remember Tim?"

"Argh!" Miles muttered. "You are the best to ruin the moments, you know?"

"I try my best." I smiled innocently and before I could change my mind, I went to kiss his lips again. God, it was addictive. "I'll just got get ready."

After finishing a bath, I got out of the bathroom, fully dressed. Miles was sitting at the bed, with only his trousers, looking into his phone.

"I thought you would be making us breakfast." I said, throwing my damp towel at him. He only chuckled, not sparing to look at me. "I thought agreeing to be your girlfriend had its own perks."

"I wanted to taste your handmade breakfast today." He said, sliding his phone away. "Why don't you try something edible, while I quickly freshen up?"

"And if you have a bad day because you had a bad breakfast, don't blame me." I said, rolling my eyes and I went into the kitchen leaving him to get dressed.

"No way!" He shouted back. "Nothing is taking my good mood today, not after that kiss."

I smiled, biting my lip to prevent myself from blushing. It was so hard not to when he was around. His constant flirts and comebacks were hooking me. Shaking my head, I tried to concentrate on what I was going to do for breakfast.

If I were alone, then an apple or a glass of orange juice sufficed. But with Miles with me, I aimed to impress. I finally ended up with something that I was good at.

Bread sandwich.

I did a very good job at plating it and if there was any competition in that one week cooking class that I attended, I would have topped it only for my side platting of the dishes. Bread looked like a million dollar dish now.

"That looks yummy." Miles commented, walking past me. He stood behind me, his warmth radiating off of him as he leaned over to peer at my dish.

"It tastes yummy too." I said, walking away.

I wasn't sure if I could handle him like that early in the morning. I still didn't know what had taken over me to kiss the hell out of him only an hour ago. Now, I was more reserved and hesitant. I only hoped that he wouldn't notice it. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw that he was still inspecting my platting like a professional on duty. I smiled to myself, shaking my head.

His eyes had crunched together in concentration as he bit his lips, circulating the plate like a pray. "Looks good. I should tell this to Dylan and Joe, they will be mind-blown."

I grinned like a schoolgirl who had got a star on her homework. He was impressed and my mission was accomplished. What more did I want?

"What else did you think?" I boasted, whipping my hair for more effect. "I'm good at designing. You should see some of my arrangements. You will be mind-blown too."

"Really?" He teased, raising one of his eye-brow at me. "Just like how I was in the morning? I'm all up for it, darling. When are you starting?"

"Shut up!" I whisper shouted, more embarrassed than before. "I wasn't thinking back then."

"I like you more when you're not thinking then." He walked towards me, putting his hands around my waist as he pulled me to him. "You don't have to be embarrassed for anything with me, okay?"

I buried my face in his bare chest, nodding dumbly. He had read me out and had subdued my panics soon. I couldn't believe that I had turned lucky over a night.

"I'm hungry." He said, much to my relief, smiling down at me. "Shall we eat? If this is going to be any good, I'm hiring you in the restaurant."

I chuckled. Did he know that it was only a bread sandwich? I bit my lip from laughing loudly as I waited for him to start. When he took a seat in the dining table, taking a small piece into his mouth, I stood in front of him, anticipating the best.

"Is this bread?" He asked, his mouth open and his eyes wide. I chuckled at his reaction. "Wow, you really are one good designer. And this bread is awesome!"

I could only roll my eyes with a stupid grin on my face.

---

Dear Megan,

I like to see you smile and I wish I could just reveal myself to you. But I can't. At least not yet. I need some time to figure things out and soon, I promise I'll be at your side. Until then, I want you to keep smiling and laughing.

I have never told you why I send flowers along with these notes. And today, I think I'm just going to reveal that to you. Being a florist (Yes, I know you are), you always end up distributing flowers, but have you ever gotten one for yourself? That idea imbibed itself in me and viola, here I am writing a sloppy letter to you with flowers.

I usually don't read the significance of flowers, yet this time I had it researched. Yellow tulip is supposed to mean "There is sunshine in your eyes" and that's what I want to convey.

PS: Please bear me if the Google is wrong.

Yours.

"Who the heck is he and what does he want?" Amber re-read the letter as I twisted the tulip between my thumb and forefinger. "I mean one letter is fine, but isn't this getting creepier?"

"But look at it, does it seem like it means any harm?" I asked her, looking away.

There were times when I had waited for those letters to come to my doorstep, especially when I had been feeling down. I had read those saved letters over and over again when I thought there was no one for me. It was an ego booster, telling me that I deserved good things in life too. Though I would never meet the guy, I wanted that push every now and then which the mystery guy was giving me at the moment.

It was nothing really, yet that person had spoken something good about me. It reeked of positivity and I didn't want to let it go. I had gone to almost all the flower shops and boutiques in town to find him, but there was no answer to my desperate questions. It only made me wait for the next letter more often than not.

"Then why the heck doesn't he talk to you like a normal person?" Amber asked, stomping the piece of paper in front of me.

I took it and ran my finger gently on the words. He had a good handwriting - cursive and no scribbles. "I think he's a writer of sorts." I said. "You know, the one with long beard and does freelancing in his free time?"

Amber rolled her eyes and went back to her work. She squat on the floor, folding the sheets to put the flowers in. She rolled the leaves and put the flower in the middle before wrapping it up.

"From when are you into those stuffs?" She asked, not looking at me. Then as if she had struck by the lightning, she turned around, whipping her hair to her cheeks. "You like him, don't you?"

"What?" I stuttered, tucking my hair behind my ear.

Amber got up and brisk walked towards me. "Oh, my God!" Her eyes were big as if she had discovered gold in our shop. "You like him. Oh, my God, you do!"

"W...what are you even talking about?" I asked. "I haven't even met the guy."

"I mean, you could if you wanted to." She said, her inner Sherlock Holmes putting on his coat. "You have his handwriting." She pointed towards the letter that I was holding. "You could go on and ask people about it or better yet, do some dirty investigation... if you actually wanted to."

I had got that idea one night too, but soon I had squashed it off like it was an insect. "I could." I muttered. I couldn't have lied to Amber even if I wanted to. She read and understood me like no other.

"But you don't want to." She said, shaking her head in disbelief. "This random guy sends you letters with flowers and you happily accept it?"

"I did some snooping with the other floral shops." I muttered, putting my head down. Compared to what Amber had in mind, this was nothing. "But they didn't know anything."

"Fine, you did some snooping which didn't get you anywhere." She rolled her eyes at me. "Yet you don't want to go any further and I just don't understand why!"

"You know why." I sighed. I didn't want to go through that again.

It was one of the main reasons why I was keeping myself busy most of the time. I didn't want to hire any extra workers for us and I often insisted to do all the work myself if Amber wasn't available. If our market was growing, it was because we gave utmost attention to what we did. But, it was not selfless.

"God, enlighten me then." She waved her hands in the air dramatically.

"People never stick with me, Amb." I said, my voice breaking. Even though I could handle almost anything, my emotions were all over the place when I talked about how I felt. "You know that."

"Why not?" Amber challenged. "Look at me, it's been almost three years since we met and yet here I am feeding sense into you."

"You know what I mean." I muttered, putting my head low. When she only raised her eyebrows at me, I sighed. "My parents left me in an orphanage when I was born, Amber. The guys who adopted me would have kicked me out of the house if I hadn't moved when I did. Peter left when he found his right one."

I looked at her and she only nodded her head at me. Her expression was devoid of pity and for once I was grateful for that.

"Maybe... if he doesn't know me personally, he might just, you know, stick around." I mumbled, wiping my tears away.

I hated when I cried.

"Oh, Meg." She hugged me from behind. "I totally understand. But now it's going to get complicated."

"Why do you say that?" I asked, turning to look at her.

"You and Miles are officially together now." She stated the facts that I had left in the hindsight. "If you don't like him then you should just let him know." She said flatly. "You are not going to break a heart just because you want to protect yours."

She was making complete sense. I didn't want to pull Miles along to my infinite doom. But with Miles, I felt like myself. I didn't have to pretend or even worry about anything else. He had asked me to be his girlfriend and I had said yes in an instant. The way we had shared kisses all day long had told that we liked each other.

"What if I... like him?" I asked hesitantly.

"Then you are doomed." Amber said, making me laugh nervously. "Seriously, you need to decide, Megan. You can't seriously like two people at the same time with the same intensity, can you now?"

I had talked to Miles about it and he had told me that he would help me in finding the guy. Maybe...

But, was I ready to let go of a genuine relationship to hold on to a someone who was telling me stuffs with flowers?

---

I reached his restaurant little early than usual. The customers had surrounded the restaurant like bees. The couples holding on to each other, talking and laughing over candle light. Business men discussing matters over drinks and dinner. Few kids tasting ice cream and nodding their head for more. The whole atmosphere was cheerful.

Not wanting to make a scene, I walked into the kitchen using the backdoor. It was the first time I was entering the area without Miles at my tow and I wondered if anyone would ask me about my whereabouts.

But thankfully, there was no one at the door and I smoothly passed in. But before I could get past the door to meet Miles to talk about my inner turmoil, a handsome guy stood in front of me with a big cocky smirk on his face.

"Hey beautiful." He said. He was confident, charming and definitely not my type.

"Hello." I smiled back. "Sorry, but I'm here to see Miles."

"Yeah, sure." He said, not backing down. "That idiot should be in front of a pan, frying some nonsense. What do you say if I replaced him for a while?"

"What?" I blurted out and a second later, I started off chuckling. "You must be Dylan then."

The expression on his face was worth it all. "God, are you a gypsy? How did you know?"

"Miles talks about you all the time." I said, shaking my head sideways. "Nice to meet you. He tells me you are quite the charmer."

"That I am." He showed his full white teeth. "I could charm you off of your feet any minute, so be cautious."

"Really?" I asked. "I'm intrigued. Should I be telling this to Miles when I meet him?"

"What? No!" Dylan wined. "You are ruining all the fun, Megan. You are just like what he told us."

"What did he tell you?" I asked, smiling to myself that he had been talking to his friends about me.

"That you are head over heels for him ever since he asked you to be his girlfriend." Dylan said. He leaned closer to whisper further. "Officially."

I couldn't have agreed with Amber more. Because, this time I knew for sure that I was doomed.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

560 57 18
Due to childhood trauma, Jasmine had to suffer a great loss for the rest of her life. Toby on the other hand was striving to lead a simple life away...
570K 15.8K 31
He did not love her. It was a loveless marriage to him. In his eyes, she is just a burden who cooks food for him. And in return, he will earn money a...
1M 44.3K 47
When Paisley and Sebastian, a rival florist and baker, are hired to collaborate on a wedding cake, they soon discover nothing's fair in love and fami...
6.4K 297 23
Just a week before she was supposed to get married 20 year old Summer's fiance calls off the wedding and leaves town with one of her best friends. Fe...