Treasure

CapSwanJones tarafından

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88

Chapter 89

51 4 2
CapSwanJones tarafından

The following night...

Snow, Henry, Robin, and Merlin were all home within a blink of an eye. It was a relief for everyone, but it was evident David was scared he might miss the birth of his son. Nonetheless, they had more significant issues to deal with.

The Jolly Roger was on its way to Ambrosia, and the ship fell silent since it started to sail. Killian remained at the helm most of the day, hoping Emma would talk to him. David and Regina remained down in the galley, creating a battle plan for once they arrived in the sorrowful kingdom. Emma remained isolated and avoided everyone as much as possible.

Emma plopped herself on her bed in the captain's quarters, dreading that the day had come to an end. It was a lazy, but tiresome day for the Princess of Misthaven. They would arrive at Ambrosia within hours, thanks to magic, and she had no clue how she was supposed to solve all their problems. She had no clue how she was supposed to save her brother without her having to sacrifice her life.

Throughout the day, Regina tried to teach her how to tether a person to an object, tether a force of energy to an object, and so on. Both of them grew frustrated with one another for different reasons. Emma simply did not want to be around her lying aunt, and Regina, who already had little patience with anyone, was annoyed that her niece wasn't paying attention nor caring about the importance of the lesson.

The princess rubbed her achy neck as she reflected on the day. When she wasn't in magic lessons, she was buried in a book, trying to find answers. Killian's gaze always lingered on her when she was above deck, so she tried to remain out of his sight, and above all, she avoided her father.

The last thing Emma wanted was a lecture from her father. Her mother was the lecturing one; her father was merely backup. But when he lectured, it became a heart-to-heart conversation. This is a conversation she didn't want. She didn't want to be asked why she was still so upset and avoiding everyone. She didn't want to hear her father beg her to talk to him so he could ease her worries.

She didn't want to break down into a puddle of emotions and admit she wanted to forgive everyone, that she wanted to feel safe once more, and that she wanted someone to tell her what to do.

She knew forgiveness meant them acting like the situation didn't happen when it very well did. She knew she wasn't safe, and nothing they said or do will ever make her safe. She knew the only sure way to get through all of this was her death...

The creaking of the cabin door shook her thoughts as a tired captain walked through. "What are you doing here?" Emma jumped off the bed.

Killian chuckled, "Well, this is my room too." His face fell a little as all the memories of them in this room came flooding back, "I came to get some shut-eye. Your aunt enchanted the sails so I could rest." He paused, "I will gather a few things and sleep in the crew quarters."

"No, wait!" She responded a bit too eager, "This... is your room. I'll head to the galley and read some more books." Emma smiled, gathering a pile of books, "Won't be long until the inevitable happens."

Her laugh was like a punch to his gut. Almost as if she was saying he failed her. He failed to protect her, he failed to make her feel safe. Hell, she wasn't safe and even failed himself. "I could help you." He offered quietly as she neared the exit, "Just like old times."

Her eyes fell to the floor, "These aren't like old times."

Not wanting a response, she left the cabin. The captain didn't chase after her, and the princess had to admit she was kind of disappointed. It really wasn't like old times...

Sulking her way to the galley, she was greeted by Regina and David in a heavy conversation. They were trying not to be loud, but it was clear they were in some sort of argument. But the bickering quickly stopped once they spotted her.

"Emma!" King David called out as he spotted his daughter trying to sneak back out, "Would you care for some food?" His voice softens.

"I made stew." Regina added calmly, "One of your favorites."

Her eyes shifted back and forth between the two. Out of all the people to leave behind to aid her, why them? They were like fire and ice, day and night, the worst possible combo to have. Everyone knew they didn't necessarily like each other. Their ideas constantly clashed, both too stubborn to compromise, and they could argue about absolutely anything.

She'd be better off having a complete stranger aiding her at this point.

However, the feeling of hunger she felt was overwhelming. She skipped every meal today, and she was too exhausted to make up some excuse as to why she didn't want a taste of the freshly cooked, steaming bowl of stew that smelled better than heaven itself.

Without speaking, she nodded her head, and her father quickly got up and got her meal, and Regina made room for her at the table. Quietly, Emma ate her food as her aunt and father anxiously stared at her, like she had some massive secret they wanted to know.

But she ignored them. The princess was tired of being consumed by advice that wouldn't change the inevitable. She just wanted to eat, read some books, and get some sleep. Of course, that dream was short-lived. "Did you have a good day, darling?" Her father asked, twiddling his fingers.

Emma did her best to contain her annoyed attitude, "Yes, father. As good as can be expected." She slurped her stew off the spoon.

"Manners, dear." Regina reminded her.

For some reason, that set her off. "Why?" She plopped the spoon back in the bowl, causing stew to fly out, "Why does it matter?" Her voice ran cold, "Why do I have to act like the perfect princess when I'm the one sitting in front of the kingdom's biggest liars while sailing to my death? If I want to sip the damn stew, then I will."

Both David and Regina sat in shock for a moment. Her hostile mood was still new to them but one they were certain they deserved. "You have every right to be angry." Her father acknowledged, "Especially at me. I was the one who did this to you, no one else." The king reached for his daughter's hand, but she quickly pulled away. "You can be angry with me for as long as you like, but don't take it out on your aunt, nor Killian." He paused, regaining Emma's attention, "I am the one who put them in a tough spot. I am the one who asked them to lie to you. Don't take your anger out on them."

The princess's eyes fell on her stew once more. It was exhausting being upset all the time. She had all this rage bubbling inside her, her magic burning her core. The explosions come out of nowhere as if they just erupted after being contained for too long. "I apologize for my behavior lately. I don't mean to come off so vile. I just... can't control it sometimes."

"Believe me, I understand." Regina laughed, "Why do you think I live a day's journey from the castle?" She nudged Emma, "I couldn't handle Prince Charming and his hope speech wife every day. Not like you." Her voice softens, "You deal with so much and do so much for everyone else, and the one person you chose to be with did something you never thought they'd do. The one person no one told you to go on a date with, the one person you weren't asked to tolerate. The one person who was able to let you be anything but a princess." She acknowledges, "So yes, your behavior is excusable, but your father is right."

The princess chuckled, "That must be hard for you to say, that my father was right."

"You can be mad at me if you'd like." Regina ignored her remark, "But at least forgive the pirate. Forgive the one person who is allowed to walk out of your life but still decided to stay. The one person who made you feel like a princess at a ball when you're wearing nothing but a nightgown. The one person you know you want to talk to right now."

Aunt Regina giving a hope speech? Emma wouldn't have believed it if she wasn't witnessing it right now. "This world is full of people you have to put an act on for. You deserve at least one person to whom you can be nothing but yourself." Her father added, not wanting Regina to take all the credit.

"Is this your way of saying I should go talk to Killian?" Emma asked in a general statement.

"Yes." Her father said sincerely, "He loves you for you. Not for some merger and not because you're a princess. He loves you for you."

"And besides, I'm tired of seeing his mood all over the place." Regina added humorously, "It's pathetic!" She said, causing everyone to laugh, "This man is supposed to be some fearsome pirate, and I have yet to see anything close to fearsome."

The princess smiled, rising from her seat, "Okay." Quickly she kissed her father and aunt goodnight and left the galley to return to the captain's quarters. Thoughts of her upcoming death left their minds.

The feeling of hunger soon vanished as the thought of talking to Killian flooded Emma's mind. What would she say? Would she walk in and apologize straight away? Would she have another breakdown at the sight of him? Perhaps he would be fast asleep now, ready for the day to end.

She found herself slowing down in the hallway. If she were to die in the morning, would it really be worth it to forgive him now and leave him once again? Maybe dying while they still weren't on speaking terms was the best option, but she couldn't bear the thought that he might never move on if his last memories of them were in the heat of a disagreement he blamed himself for. He'd never find another love if he believed he had caused her death. She couldn't do that to him. She couldn't stop his happiness just because she didn't want to face the music and have one last good conversation with him.

Without realizing it, she was at the cabin's entrance. Not bothering to knock, she slowly entered the dark cabin. "Damn it." She cursed herself. He must have been asleep.

"Swan? Is that you?" The lantern in their bedroom burned bright as he exited the other room. "Is everything alright?" He proceeded with caution.

"You must promise me you'll move on." She blurted out as her eyes threatened to release a few tears, "You must promise me that when I die tomorrow, you won't blame yourself. You'll move on and continue to find happiness."

The captain's mouth opened to speak, but no words came out as he slowly continued to make his way over to the princess. "Promise me you won't fall into that dark sadness you had when we met." Emma continued on as a tear escaped her eye, "Promise me that, now!"

Now inches from her face, Killian saw the pain in her eyes. A storm of emotions that not even he was sure he could weather. "I can't promise you that." He whispered as he looked down, unable to endure the pain they were both feeling.

Tears now poured from her eyes as she tried to find her breath. This felt like death. "You must!" Emma pleaded, "Please, you have to."

He cupped her face and made her look at him. "I will find a way to change your fate." His voice cracked, "I will do anything, but don't make me promise you that."

The princess pulled away and entered their bedroom, "If there were a way to change my fate, someone would have found it by now." She sat on the bed, drying her tears.

Killian followed and sat next to her, "My brother used to tell me you can search for answers in every book, think of every solution, and create plans with the best minds, but sometimes you won't know what to do until the time has come."

Emma let those words sink in. Maybe they were trying so hard to find a solution. The obvious answer was being overlooked. Nonetheless, she didn't want to talk about tomorrow. That's all anyone ever talked about these days. She wanted to talk about them. "I'm sorry for what I did." She paused, "For blaming you, running off, ignoring you. You were only trying to help, even when you didn't have to." She turned to him, "No one has ever loved me the way you do. You've made your entire life revolve around me, and I know I take it for granted."

Deafening silence filled the room. He knew what was coming up. She'd ask him once more to move on, forget her. But he couldn't. How could he forget the person who made him whole again? She always viewed him as someone who did everything for her, and maybe he did. But he did it by choice. Not because it was the honorable thing to do. Not to win her heart. But simply because there wasn't a damn thing he wasn't willing to do for her.

He didn't want to move on. He didn't want to forget what it felt like to wake up to her smile every morning or witness her kindness throughout the day. He didn't even want to forget the overbearing family that took him in and treated him as if he was something more than a pirate.

He didn't want his old lifestyle back.

"Promise me you'll fight until the end." Killian stared at the wall, "Don't go willingly, be the princess who wouldn't turn down the chance to show a man up."

She smiled. He always loved her fighting spirit, but she wasn't sure how much longer she could fight. Her bones ached, and her magic felt drained. Just sitting up felt like a task. "What if I can't fight this? This is a battle I don't think I can win anymore." She leaned her head on his shoulder, "Rumplestiltskin is smart. He's known me my whole life. He practically made me who I am." Her breath shook, "How can I defeat a man who knows my every thought even before I do?"

Killian kissed her forehead, "You're powerful, and he fears it. You're well aware of that." He explained, "He wouldn't have done this if he didn't feel threatened by you and your magic."

Emma's eyes widened, and she jumped off the bed. "That's it!" She practically shouted.

Confusion ran through the captain, "What is it?"

"Magic." She stated as if that was an answer. "What if instead of tethering Rumple and his magic to the dagger, I just tether my magic to it?" She beamed at her idea, "I won't die. My brother and everyone else I love will be safe."

"No!" Killian quickly dismissed the idea, "You'll be a slave to that man."

"Not necessarily." Emma objected, "If I obtain the dagger, I control myself."

"Are you bloody mad?" He shot back, "Obtaining the dagger is a terrible plan. You know he won't keep it that far from him, nor will it be easy to steal."

The princess left the bedroom and walked over to the captain's desk, "That's what pirates are for." She winked, "You can-"

"Emma, no." He snapped, "It's too risky."

She stared at him in disbelief as she crossed her arms, "I thought you weren't scared of anything." She mocked him, "You said you'd do anything-"

"I will do anything to save you, love, but this... it isn't smart." He said, trying to get through to her, "You're right. The king of Ambrosia is brilliant. He probably thought of this already. Besides, we can't plan an ambush like this on our own, let alone risk any more lives."

"So what, I'm just supposed to do as he asks tomorrow and obey him? You were just lecturing me to fight until the end." She snapped back.

"I do want you to fight, but not so you can become a slave to that imp." His voice raised. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I don't want to spend what could be our last night together caught up in another fight." His voice lowered.

Emma nodded in agreeance. She didn't want that either. "Whatever choice I make tomorrow, will you at least support that?"

He released a heavy breath as he looked into her pleading green eyes. Saying no to her was always a stab to the heart. It felt like he had been hardwired to obey Emma and her every wish, even if he didn't agree with them. It was like she was a siren, and he was the prey. He didn't care if it made him look weak. He didn't care if people referred to him as a lap dog or a puppy. None of them knew the princess the way he did. If they did, they'd find themselves obeying her every wish as well.

She was too good for this world. Maybe that's why death followed her closely.

How could someone with such a kind soul like hers have to face a rotten man like Rumplestiltskin? It was unfair. They should be sailing off onto another land without a care in the world. They should be wrapped up in her bed at the castle, dodging guards. Not sailing to her literal death. If this was her last wish, how could he not obey?

"Aye, Swan." He nodded with a whisper, "I'll always be by your side."

Hi. Hello. I'm alive lol. It's been a good minute since I've updated but I'm back with updates! I finally finally finally FINALLY have spare time here and there and I'm determined to finish this story!!!! If you've been waiting for an update forever here it is!!!!!! And if you're new, hi hello welcome :) the journey is coming to an end very soon.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

159K 9.2K 38
Emma Swan is a young woman married to a rich and important entrepreneur of Los Angeles. Although they live with all the luxuries of the world, their...
7.4K 335 14
Princess Emma Swan of Misthaven has been living with a curse that turns her into a swan each day at sunset. Finding true love by her 28th birthday is...
83.8K 5.7K 33
Emma Swan thought that falling for a guy, at first sight, was impossible, until one day she met Killian Jones aboard a train. The strong and unexpec...
31.8K 1.6K 34
Just another tale of Princess Emma Swan falling in love with Captain Hook? I don't think so. Emma Swan- 20 years old. Sexy, and intriguing, but al...