Child Of The Future

By SydiaX

Curse. 5+ years into the middle of the end of the civilized world as we know it, and the dawn of hope comes n... More

Plot Summary
This story...
Episode 1: Pilot
Episode 2: One Hour In
Episode 3: Group Of Grief
Episode 4: Gotta Sell The Part
Episode 5: Every Little Thing Can Make A Big Difference
Episode 6: Breaking The Secret
Episode 7: Start Believing
Episode 8: Choice Leads To Trust
Episode 9: It's Different
Episode 10: It's Fvcked Up
Episode 11: Take Away The Lie
Episode 12: Take Away The Lie
Episode 13: This Is Who I Am
Episode 14: One Week Later
Episode 15: Something To Forget
Episode 16: A Little Bit Of My Soul
Episode 17: A Little Bit Of My Heart
Episode 18: Don't You See?
Episode 19: Feelings
Episode 20: Simplicity Of End
Episode 21: Am I Too Late?
Episode 22: Let It Be
Episode 23: Strange Things, Certain Thoughts
Episode 24: This Is Where We Are Now
Episode 25: Completely Bitter Sweet
Episode 26: Think Of Me And Pray For The Future
Episode 27: About Us
Episode 28: If I Could Love You A Little More
Episode 29: Light Doesn't Reach Corners
Episode 30: So Step Into The Lights Reach
Episode 31: Betray Me Not
Episode 32: Deceit Is Never Sweet
Episode 33: Deal
Chapter 34: Calamity
Episode 35: Remember?
Episode 36: Please Don't Forget Me
Episode 37: Triangle
Story So Far/ Characters Summed Up
Episode 38: Lost And Found
Episode 39: One Step Closer, One Step Further
Episode 40: Mum's The Word
Not An Update, Just An Update ;P
Episode 41: I Take The Hits
Just A Thought...
Chapter 42: Monsterous
Episode 43: Sickness In Forms
Episode 44: Fervor
Episode 45: When Will It All Stop?
Episode 46: One Room
Episode 47: Promise
Episode 49: Restraints Are Abundant
Episode 50: Paradise
Episode 51: Happiness
Episode 52: Do You Have Love? Do You Have Sanity?
Episode 53: Flares
Episode 54: Survival Takes The Fittest
Episode 55: No Matter What, I Love You
Previous Events...
Episode 56: Onwards Towards
Episode 57: Collisions
Episode 58: Freedom Is In The Mind
Episode 59: Behold It
Episode 60: This Is The Beginning
Woman Of The Present

Episode 48: Horizons

507 19 102
By SydiaX

               "Doctor Markasson?" The light switch to the room is flipped on to expose the man in a lab coat bent over a desk, peering into a newly procured skin sample so he can broaden his research. "Doct-"

               "Yes?" He soothingly answers. "What is it?"

               "I'm sorry to interrupt." One of his nurses sighs. "There are some...people, outside."

               "Did they get permission from the council?"

               "No sir." The nurse with tired eyes shakes her head.

               "They aren't deployed by me. This is none of my concern."

               "Sir, you don't understand." She lightly scoffs, swallowing before side-glancing. "They came from outside the wall. They...knew we were here. They said that...someone told them about this place."

               "You think it was my daughter?" Doctor Markasson stands up straighter, slightly amused by this strange new day, the possibility of what could be going on, promising in many ways. "Hmph...Show them in." He takes off his gloves, wiping his knuckles as the confused and somewhat scared nurse excuses herself.

               "Sir?" She waits a moment. "These people...brace yourself, they're different than...us."

               "Don't be so alarmed. They were people once too." David smiles at her, melting her heart at his good looking charm while his face slowly calms after she nods to bring them back in, licking his lower lip in anticipation, only to kill time by walking to his bathroom, and examining the corpse he had shut inside his shower section, staring as the blurred glass separating them is banged on by the woman he once fancied.

               "Oh Spes...you shouldn't have told anyone." He lifts his hand to touch the stable structure as the wheezes come forth. "You just shouldn't have."

_________________

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               "Give it up babe." I exhale heavily, smiling at her while she rests on her palms and knees, my legs strong enough to stand up straight, but just barely. My gosh, we're both exhausted and out of breath from training all day, wrestling and only taking 10 minute breaks to drink the last of the water and talk a little, but she just won't give up.

               "Honey...I thought I said, I'd pin you, one way or another!" She pants out, fighting the ache in her muscles to stand while the sun comes through the two large windows on the right, rain falling quickly with no clouds in the sky making the room feel different somehow.

               "Honey?" I scoff and raise an eyebrow. "That sounds like we're married."

               "Oh stop." She holds her cheeks before moving to get up, swallowing prior to me being rewarded with a smile. "Were Maggie and Glenn married before all this happened?" Her chest heaves in and out with some sweat spread on her skin.

               What'd she just ask?

               "No." I shake my head. "They sort of just...adopted each other?" I chuckle at her blank face and sit on the edge of the bed when she clears her throat, walking over to her gear when-what is she doing with her saber? "Practicing?" I sound a little worried.

               No sh1t I'm worried. She told me she was going to kill herself yesterday in case...something happened to us. I'm this close to snatching her sword and putting her in time out.

               Who knows, maybe I should. Or maybe going outside at last will help us clear our heads. I'm surprised we haven't gotten cabin fever.

               "Mm." She nods, dragging out the steel that just looks like a long needle to me, and I'm leaning my elbows on my knees, twiddling my thumbs before smiling at her do some pretty impressive twists and spins of her wrist, the air sliced into many sounds when she twirls and drops to her knees. "So sexy." I grin and blush. I think my ears are red too.

               "That's me." She plays along, winking back. "Wanna try?" Her eyebrows jump up.

               "No way."

               "Why not?"

               "Not my style."

               "Aw." She comically pouts. "You want me to learn how to fire a gun..."

               No, not really. I'm having enough problems thinking of you gutting yourself. Blowing your head off isn't something I'd like to add to my nightmares. Thanks anyway though... 'hon'.

               "You teach me," Her hand gestures towards her body. "I teach you. Even trade." Her sexy, low-ish voice that can drive me frustrated sleeks out, and I feel her hands lift mine, the saber on the bed beside us but I don't feel like doing anything other than yanking her forward to make her straddle me, burying my face under her breasts and near her rib cage while she squirms. "Ahaaa..No! I know this game."

               "You know you always lose!" I muffle against her stomach.

               "Not...always." She holds my head in her fingers, pulling me back so that I'm immediately greeted with her lips on me, my eyes a little widened in surprise, but they change to half shut, staring back at her silver orbs when our tongues mesh a bit, my brain going in and out of focus.

               This is one of the best things...staring at her while we do this.

               I didn't... think that'd ever happen to me. And now that it is...

               "Come closer." I hoarsely whisper, hugging her while she presses her chest against mine and lowers herself to rest on me, tilting her head nearer before she quickly kisses my shoulder.

               "There's no space between us." Spes says, our stomachs pressed close when she states the fact.

               "Good."

               And...I don't care if that's perverted sounding. I don't want there to be space between us on any level.

               My fingers tug at her grey hair, kissing the strands, reaching for her wrist where I can see the pale of her skin and the vein below her surface, the blue traveling under my thumb as I rub in circles, smiling at how precious this wrist is to me. How...everything about her, just her, every inch is precious to me.

               "Want to see what I can do?" I look up at her, licking my lips when I glance back down to kiss her wrist above the vein, sucking lightly, pressing my teeth around her skin while her lips part. "Tada." My deep voice happily speaks after I wait a few minutes, proud of the mark I made on her while she lifts it, staring without an expression.

               And...I'm an idiot.

               "Hmm." Spes lightly hums, and I'm starting to wonder if she hates this sort of thing, I wouldn't be surprised if she breaks into a long rant right about now, when her index finger trails over it, and she picks up my hand, bringing my paler wrist up to her lips, kissing it so I hear a peck sound, just before she shuts her eyes, and does the same to me.

               This is making my throat dry...my chest is having trouble holding my heart, but I love how the mark looks on my wrist as we raise our hands up together to compare them, a grin on her face, along with tears rolling down her slim cheeks.

               "Spes?"

               "I'm happy." She hurries to wipe her eyes. She's...so. Damm. Cute. "I'm...just, really kinda happy. Ha. This way, we can easily see we belong to each other." Her smile literally feels like it's squeezing my heart.

               "I love you." I gasp, pulling her down to press her damp cheeks to mine, messily pushing my lips on her; she runs her fingers through my hair and allows me to sway her back and forth afterwards, treating her like my baby as she holds my hand, all the way up to us falling asleep, my largest prayer that night, is to be able to stay with this girl forever.

               Forever and ever, please let it be possible.

               Please don't let me be apart from her.

               Never again.

               Please.

________________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "Hey..."

               "Yeah?"

               "When you killed those men..." I watch Carl's eyes turn serious and cold as he watches the still ceiling with his hand held by my own. "Did you feel anything?"

               Like, maybe a sliver of serial killer happiness? Or, perhaps, a large tidal wave of fear?

               "Yeah."

               It's natural, I hope, that he at least feels so-

               "I felt the same way back when Tara died, and you didn't."

               O-Oh.

               I...can't do anything but swallow back to that.

               "I never said I was a good person Spes. I've said this before once, and I'm telling you now. I'm a monster." His words make my eyebrows draw together.

               Mmmonster?

               "Me loving you doesn't make me any less of one." He sounds...sad. "I'd be fine killing anyone if it meant keeping you safe. Anyone dying for you to live on, anyone getting hurt, I wouldn't care or feel any sympathy because I'd be too happy that you're still here." Carl lets go of my hand, probably because he thinks I'm fvcking freaking out by what he just said, obviously, yeah, a little shaken by the weight of his declarations and feelings towards me but the only thing I experience the urge to do is get up with him, tilting my head so I can offer my most sincere expression and turn his face towards mine.

               "You don't-" I lightly groan, clearing my throat before staring him in the eyes again. "You don't see, what I see."

               "You don't see everything."

               "If that matters, it doesn't matter." I almost quote him from once upon a time when we were figuring out we were both in love with each other. "I see enough. Same way you see me."

               "I've done things that-"

               "I hear you." I pause his actions, a sincerely taken aback expression slurring over his bright blue eyes as he sees my love and acceptance, as well as forgiveness for anything he's done, or will do. "You're still human Carl. Just like me." My palm rests over his heartbeat. "We have to do monstrous things though don't we? Yet we're human. We're the same. It's a bit...strange, fighting to stay alive to keep at least one part of us human, but you're doing that. The part that's human is being preserved by the monster. But it's nothing you weren't born with. Still human. We are the same." I lift his wrist up, showing our identical marks that we gave each other.

               It's true. This guy. So many things, a really gruesome person when it comes to here and there, but I've never met anyone more human than Carl. Anyone that, I just talk to and get closer to. Estela used to make me envious of her and her relationships, but looking back at them now, all she used to do was screw them and talk about useless stuff, whereas, this guy, this prince I found under a hat, talks to me, protects me, knows me...

               He knows me, same as I know him.

               Gosh I don't know what's up with me lately.

               Yesterday melting down like that...I won't even freaking try to get it.

               I guess it was just thinking about the future...maybe going a little nuts that I've been in this fvcking room for more than a freaking day? It's awfully quiet though, like it's just us, period. I'm surprised Rick or Daryl haven't busted the door down.

               Then again, Rick respects Carl, for many reasons.

               Carl really is one amazing moron isn't he?

               Respect...from his own father.

               Hmph.

               "Carl." I smile.

               "Mm?"

               "It's time to go."

               He looks to the door, then back at me.

               "You're...not strong enough."

               "I won't get stronger in here. I've got my bearings and all that sh1t, but I'm not staying in here another day. One more night and we're leaving." I stretch a bit, feeling a small trickle, then wave of patience flow over me at the thought of parting with this room, our short time stolen together, coming to an end, so we can journey and fight for a permanent beginning.

-Third Person P.O.V.-

               "I am sorry. I don't know how many times I'm going to say it but Rick, you-"

               "I understand." Rick keeps his eyes on the moonlight outside the building, the snow slowly melting away as the bipolar weather of Georgia begins to heat up a bit, warm winds swaying the dormant trees to the side, so fiercely they might snap and fall.

               "Paul and I didn't know it was going to turn out like this." Sage inhales, rubbing her arms to keep warm as she takes a seat beside the man keeping watch in the dark, annoyed and vexed by these recent series of events. "When you leave, we'll give them a last check up. Give you some supplies."

               "I don't know if I should take it or not." Rick almost laughs at himself. "We're beyond principle now." His long legs shift and his boots scrape the floor. "On principle, I wouldn't take anything from anyone who's fvcked us over. But on the other hand, supplies like you're offerin' us today are priceless. I'm almost tempted to take it all."

               "I honestly don't know what to say to that, other than I hope you won't. Not all of these people are bad. They're just...hurti-"

               "I said I understood. I didn't think I stuttered."

               "No." Sage stares down at her hands, eying her ring while shaking her head. "All right Rick. I'll get you some stuff, and then you'll go." Her conflicted, put in the middle character offers, walking away to leave the man alone, the knowledge of what happened when Carl and Spes locked themselves in the room something to worry about, wondering how this will affect the future.

               "Rick." A raspy voice, more or less a growl summons the leader's attention in the dark, his menacing, cold eyes of say a serial killer turning to spot Daryl swaggering over with his crossbow in hand and bad news on his features. One hesitant shake of the head tells Rick all he needs to know before looking back outside, his gun itching to be used to prevent anything bad from happening, especially with a new potential threat to hinder the entire group even more.

               If only it hadn't happened.

               If only Rick could've prevented it.

               How will this new turn of events affect them? What will Spes say?

               How long will they be able to sit still, given time has already passed, since it happened?

               How indeed.

_______________

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               "At least it's not unbearable icy...just amazingly frigid." My teeth chatter while I lay on my stomach, arms crossed under my chin as Spes slides the wash cloth down the slope of my back, the water she's using that we've saved for this last day makes it pretty damm hard to keep still.

               She's gonna give me pneumonia. I knew she was evil sometimes but-

               "Well I like hot water too, but this place only comes with cold." I smirk a little when she gripes, lightly tickling me at my waist before I move my head so she can go over my shoulder, her hands slowly hesitating before she picks up again.

               Sh1t.

               I'm starting to feel subconscious.

               Oh gosh, I'm so glad I'm not fat like Eugene. But now I'm wondering if I'm too thin.

               "Turn over."

               "You know, I can do this myself." I lightly chuckle, trying to cover up a little bit of my insecurities when it comes to my vanity. I've only ever sort of seen or been seen by Spes in the dark or dim lit room. It's starting to get close to 9 o'clock or something and the place is perfectly lit up.

               "We won't be able to pamper each other in a while. Besides, if I left it to you, you'd miss some areas." I gasp when I see Spes straddling my upper legs to get at my stomach better, her breasts unbound and her nipples easily visible since she changed her shirt from mine to some...uh...other material that's giving me an eyeful.

               Where the heIl did she put her bra? Me being under her while she touches my skin over and over isn't doing anything to keep me decent!

               Oh sh1t, she's bending over some more.

               "Ah-Yeah, I would. I'm almost 16." I can feel myself getting hard, and the way her breasts hold against the fabric isn't helping my perverted thoughts. Oh gosh, did they get bigger?

               Fvck! Stop! Close your eyes if you have to! They didn't get bigger! Just stop! Think of something else! Idiot...fvck, she's too close to me. Like, way too clo-

               "Carl..." Her hand touches my hidden sex that forces me to open my eyes, both our cheeks heated while she stares at me, her silver look, giving me some sort of reassurance.

               That is...what it is right?

               "Sorry." I try to reach for my shirt to help me hide my bulge, but she stops me, her fingers slowly going to work on my jeans while I see my flat toned stomach near her knuckles, the relief of her pulling down my pants a bit, then my boxers makes the heat of my erection increase and feel even more sensitive since it's exposed and against the cold air in the room.

               Spes once told me, she thought I looked beautiful...perfect.

               I don't know.

               I'm not sure about that. My body, it's so pale and, my length...the shape almost looks subtle, but...what am I even talking about?

               I'm so self conscious. Shut up Carl...

               "We won't be alone together for a while either." Spes puts the tips of her fingers on my erection nearest to her, my body a flame while she sees me in broad daylight, the different blushing colors exposed while she slowly trails upwards, watching me whimper to myself at her menacingly torturous way of feeling me. "This...you getting this way...I know that, I'm not the only one that could make you like this but-"

               "No." I interrupt her. "I don't...get this way, and have urges when I'm with you." I swallow. "I get this way, because I'm with you." It's hard to talk.

               Sometimes I can't even believe what the heIl I'm saying out loud, but it's so natural with Spes.

               It could only ever be that way with her.

               "Me too." She replies, pressing her sex onto mine without pushing me inside her, she's just straddling me with my erection lined against her and my stomach, and I jolt when I feel how wet she is, my shaft trapped while she discerns my hardness against her clit that it makes her bite her lip while shivering a second at the relief of us touching each other.

               "Ah-" She bends forward, like she just got hurt...

               "What-what's wrong?"

               "You're kind of-" She's not even looking at me. What is it? "I don't know...f-feverish?" She references the heat between our legs and I let out laughs that sound more like panting.

               "You're no different." I smile weakly, feeling my body freeze up when she shifts on me, the sexually aggravated skin she's molesting makes my entirety feel good, and the pace she's keeping above slow is the only thing I'm focusing on.

               I can feel her so well.

               It's already so wet; it's already making her go a few movements faster.

               "All the way..." I partially beg. "Move all the way."

               Spes lightly bends forward, lifting part of herself off me except for her sensitive area, dragging herself along me, her beautiful figure hovering, we both come closer to kiss before she straddles me fully again, head back and body effortlessly rocking on me that I begin to give in to my bodies wants and move as well, ever so slightly thrust with my head pushed back into the mattress even though I'm not in her.

               "Car-mmph" I open my eyes to see her grey, wild and beautifully graced hair covering parts of her face while she begins to speed up, her top unbuttoned a bit so that I can see her breasts and left shoulder.

               She's close.

               "Spes." I hold her arms, pulling her forward and taking her off guard, pinning her on her back while I begin to keep her from moving so I can slide myself against her wet sex. Her broken moans are driving me up the wall, and I'm so close too, it's almost hard not to hurt her but she's too caught up in mumbling Spanish words that she doesn't notice how much it makes me react.

               I'm barely moving anymore, it's just quick jerks forward with my arms holding me up and my legs in between her as I rock against her, my heat overwhelming to us both that at last that she comes with her back arched and her button still undone from this flimsy shirt she's wearing while I get lost and see my muscles suddenly constrict in my arms, my finger tips white from how hard I'm pressing against the mattress, and I come with a strained cut off voice, feeling the waves go over me while I slowly stop moving my body, waiting a second before collapsing on top of Spes, mouth dry and body still jolting from the orgasm.

_______________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               It was shocking.

               Not only to me, I didn't know I was this kind of girl that does this sort of thing to her boyfriend, but there's not really any reason to hold back. Unless I find my shame again!

               It was strange though, seeing Carl clearly. The heated erotic pink blush of his skin after being aroused, the shape and flawlessness of him, every part of him...

               I seriously need to take a break. I'm starting to get ravenous.

               We both are.

               I'm still not used to those feelings, having sex or feeling something hot and stiff be the only thing to satisfy me, given it's from only my lover, if only for a while.

               I know what got my appetite back now, however.

               ...Ugh! I'm such an idiot! What the actual fvck is wrong with me!? Even my bodies bratty to the point that I'll only eat after having Carl make me feel good?!

               So even in this way, Carl has control over me?

               Ha. Of course he does.

               "Idiota." I mumble, getting up to change out of my clothes, grabbing one of Carl's plaid shirts to hang loosely over my figure while I drag the black skirt I arrived in up my legs, zipping the side to notice I've lost more weight.

               Disgusting. I look disgusting.

               Ugh. They're going to call me fvcking Gollum by the time I'm through with this journey.

               "Great." I numbly mumble while looking at my torn and healing ear, my busted lip and the light bandages around me here and there before tearing them off, smiling that the graze I had when I was in that car accident has vanished and I'm somewhat back to normal.

               Save for the Hebrew tattoo that is.

               These bruises are pissing me off however. I hate purple too.

               Ok thought, other than being slightly starved and basically annoyed, I'm good to go in the end.

               There's just two things left.

               "One." I pick up the ear ring Carl gave me, the circumference resembling a nickel, and I slide the other in my chest pocket prior to pinching the hook of my cameo choker, and securing it around my neck. "Two."

               There.

               I'm much more myself again.

               After all.

               I am me.

               Guilty as charged, selfish, a b1tch, spoiled, bratty, moronic, and difficult to deal with, but I'm me.

               "Spes?" I turn to see Carl completely dressed, his hat on for the first time in days and his shoulder holding a strap for his bag while I see him lift mine up to me along with my saber and belt, the anxiousness I feel to gear up hurrying the process while I find my boots and force my feet into them, shifting my toes to hurry and get the sensation of wearing shoes once more out of my system, and I'm ready. "You're hairs growing." Carl comments, looking at my dark gray, storm cloud locks that rest well past my shoulders, the tips touching my collar bones.

               Well whadaya know?

               I remember when I came out here the first time; my long wavy hair reached my lower back. Seems it's attempting it again.

               "It's catching to my growth." I smirk a touch, watching Carl do the same before jerking his chin towards the door, both of us pushing this dresser out of the way, just enough, that we have access to leave.

               "Hey." I speak, eyes on the doorknob, not to let us out, but allow the world in, ready to fight anything that dares to try and nudge the space wide between us. "Aside from everything, love aside...thanks."

               "For...all of it? For everything?" He queries.

               I scan my eyes around, thinking about every single fvcking thing Carl's done for me, both physically and mentally, connecting right back to him and nodding my head seriously.

               "Yes."

               "Anytime."

               "We've got each other's back huh?" My eyebrow rises.

               "This too." Carl's palm goes over his heart, and I raise mine the same way, only for both of us to turn our wrists into view, staring at the marks on our skin that keep us close, our invisible feelings projected through little things like this.

               "Now let's ditch this rat hole because I'm seriously sick of this place." I make Carl laugh and roll his eyes, nodding with my high standards and everlasting attitude.

               Here we go.

               D.C.

               Get ready to welcome your cure.

________________

-Third Person P.O.V.-

"Dennis?" Doctor Markasson uses both his index fingers to point to the blonde, his other fingers entwined with his palms kissing as he gets the name of the first man correct, then looks at the other. "And, Robert?"

"That's it." Dennis picks at crust in his eyes while sniffing, his dirty fingers touching the pure white tablecloth to clean his hands from the food he's been eating thanks to the Mall's generous hospitality.

For several early hours, the two strange men who claimed had been pointed in this direction by another have been questioned, checked for diseases and interrogated further before David had a chance to get to them at 4:30 p.m. the same day. Now, finally able to invite them to dine with him in his quarters, he's got the free will to ask questions by himself after he told the assistant from earlier, to pass a message to keep their mouths shut to everyone but himself.

Now, opportunity has arisen, and they are not to be disturbed.

"Tell me, uh, what exactly, brought you here. I know you've been asked a lot of, well, let's say, bullsh1t questions, and are pissed off probably, but I'm good enough to feed you some steak, clean and, there's the 57 right over there so, fill me in boys. My assistant said that, you were directed here." David taps his napkin on his lips before using his knife to rake through the juicy pink steak on his plate.

Both men were civil enough, a little dirty however, almost to the point they were sprayed down for fleas or other parasites like lice, but neither one of them showed an inch of trust for the place they casually and curiously walked in on, checking it out only to find that there were indeed people on the inside, safe and untouched for more than 4 years, but in fact, 5, closely bordering on 6 in a matter of months.

"First, can I ask you why you're the one we should talk to? I mean you don't look that important to-"

"I am, pretty much, the entire reason for this place, along with someone else. You can tell me Robert, and, you can stay here, but please. I need to know how you found us. I mean, it's remarkable that there are people still alive out there, so tell me what made you think that beyond that wall over beyond," David gestures towards the direction of the architectural establishment. "There were people like me here."

"Well, someone told us." Dennis licks his lips, reaching for the tea in the middle of the table.

"A girl?" David wonders.

"A man." The generous talker shakes his head, stuffing his face and almost losing his breath with how good it was to taste steak again, but the entire two words he ushered before left David a bit dumbfounded to the point he laughed and pinched the rim of Dennis' servings to drag further away as a direct tactic to say, 'tell me more and you get to eat in peace, otherwise you don't finish at all'.

"A man?"

"Redhead." Robert draws attention his way before sliding his own plate towards Dennis. "Big guy. Looked like he was in the army or some sh1t like that. I mean, there was this group, man. We had this, hospital type place, and then, these newcomers came over, just chillin', not hurting anyone, when, one of them, a redheaded man, he started yelling out sh1t about this girl being some sort of fvcking cure for the mess out there."

"You...didn't believe him?"

"He said a girl had the fvcking cure in her veins. I mean, he said other sh1t too."

"Her hair was grey Robert." Dennis puts his fork down. "Doc I believed them. She had grey fvcking hair. Silver eyes...her face was..." The young man begins to recollect the image of a girl presented to the hospital group as a salvation for them all as human beings, remembering her face and stare with defiance in her unique voice.

"Ever hear of dying your hair?" Robert knocks Dennis' head a bit.

"So...how in the world did that lead you here?" David's anxiousness is beautifully masked by his fake patience and amusement, hearing of his daughter, impressed that she's still around to tell and spread stories about, chuckling at the girl he remembers and all her capabilities that she's held up to fulfill his expectations.

"The man said he'd be free to answer any questions. Tch. So not long after, a couple guys, a group started questioning the absolute fvcking sh1t out of him. He said, she was some sort of experiment, the virus lashed out or, something and, her dad could fix it, or, something like that. He said she came from this place, that, there were people here." Robert accepts the steak David pushes towards him while soaking in the information.

"Robert and I thought that this place would be a heck of a lot safer than out there in the woods...so, we here we are."

"Quite intriguing." David smiles, nodding. "Yes. I remember her."

"Apparently her father was the cause of this sh1t and he's a fvcking psycho." Robert raises his glass, sipping the tea before David humorously chuckles at his own expense, lifting the knife again to cut another piece.

"Yes. He was a lunatic. Unfortunately, he could save us, but, he didn't want to. They killed him. I was close to her though. She was, almost like my daughter, except, after I, well, tried to help cure this mess...you see, I was the one who discovered her father's actual intentions to perfect the virus, not to cure it, and they just did away with him afterwards." David lies and chuckles to the unsuspecting pair eating at his table. "Spes couldn't handle it."

"Yeah! Spes. That's her name." Robert nods while Dennis blushes at the overlapping memory of her.

"Yes well, after they killed her father, she ran away to try and, find another person to fulfill her father's wishes. Of course she didn't know what he was really doing." David shakes his head again, pretending and acting out his lies while sighing. "Gentleman. I'm going to say this very clearly, for both of you." His eyes go from side to side, catching the two others into his net of tricks. "This world, can be cured. And that girl, is the key. She's the mother of all these b1tches, and I can undo it. I know I can. I've had clues as to, where she might be going, but I'm wondering, if either of you-"

"Yeah!" Dennis smiles. "We know. That guy announced it to everyone. Couldn't mistake it. He said they were going to, D.C." The young blonde thinks and pokes his finger on the table. "I asked him myself, he said they were going somewhere called, "Orion's Belt". They talked about some sort of specific section. Apparently this guy said there was a group of staff called "Illusion" that were prepped and ready to work with the cure as well. That's what he said the girl said anyway. Erm. Spes."

"Illusion?" David raises his eyebrows, feeling a sweat break over him and his nerves jumbling up his calm outer presence. "I see. Spes' father, he told her if anything ever went south, that his colleagues back in that state would be there to help or finish his work." The doctor in hiding muses while sipping some tea to calm down.

"So those as$holes, if this is all true, aren't going to cure this sh1t after all?"

"On the contrary Robert." David sighs. "It's about to get a lot worse."

"Fvck!" Robert slams his napkin down, pushing his chair out and rubbing the back of his head.

"Don't beat yourself up. You've done a service. I know where she's going now, for sure, and we have the exact locations. More than likely, we'll get to the place and cut her off. Just tell me where this hospital was and we'll figure out the route they plan to take. Ok?" David stands up, his palm barely sweaty but still riddled with a damp state that he has to wipe it before shaking the hands of the two men that sold his daughter out to him without their knowledge.

"Yeah." Robert sulks. "What was your name again?" He asks, his hand caught in the doctors for only a second before he smiles to reply.

"Dr. Ambrose." He smiles. "Nice to meet you."

"Yeah. Likewise, man."

Surely, likewise.

"Let me show you two to your new rooms, you're gonna like it here. I just hope you two are some sort of nut jobs that plan to murder us in your sleep." David chuckles, patting the backs of the two newcomers, wondering if his alias was necessary since he didn't know if they knew Spes' last name or not.

"You know if you need help going out there, I'd be glad to-"

"Maybe." The doctor interrupts Dennis' attempt to see the grey haired girl again. "But for now, let's just keep it as it's nice to meet you, and gather from there."

Because surely...for now it's nice.

Surely, for now.

It's rather nice.

Meeting new people.

Especially if they have stories to tell.

______________________________

Dunno what's going on with the structure of this chapter, maybe it'll straighten out later, whatever but guess what?! OVER 12K reads! -Dorky happy dance- -egyptian dance- ok i'm done XD

Parties with me are so fun. Not lame at all. Take my word for it, that even though I've never proved it, all the ones I imagined went down without a hitch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231 109 16
Bella, she has a hard past, with her religious family, abusive father and so much more. So she runs away and lives on her own. One day she witnesses...
2K 341 26
"Dreams. Everyone human has them. Some believe in them. Some think it's a pigment of their own imaginations. It's soothing to see yourself in a beaut...
120 3 12
The world is ending but no one knows until it's to late. Follow these friends who are trying find safety during the outbreak. Will they all survive
87.4K 1.4K 67
\Carl Grimes X Reader/ COMPLETE Rewrite is out now "This world was made for us. We were meant to be together. To fight together, to make it through...