Somewhere Along the Way...To...

By Lozza0203

Book two, following on from Somewhere Along the way. Y/N has just been saved from Hydra, but has the dreams... More

In Those Eyes...
Despite It All...
Sounds Like Heaven...
Oohhh That's Good...
Just You Wait...
My Brother...
Change Is Upon Us...
Oh I Had Missed This...
I Love You Darling...
The Warriors Three and Lady Sif...
Make A Wish...
Too Soon...
Asgards in Danger...
What's Got You in a Mood...
Seriously...
Hello Mother...
Is She Your Mate...
For Asgard, I Will Fight...
The Warrior...
I See a King Blossoming...
Light It Up...
Dark Magic...
You Love it. Remember...
I Have A Date...
To Being Free...
Sin...
What Did We Do Last Night?...
You're Late...
It's Always Been You...
Are Gods Immortal?...
Confessions...
Brutal. I Like It...
Eat The Apples...
Look at Me...
May the Gods be with You...
Destroy Them All...
This Will Hurt...
The Kursed...
Let Me Return The Favour...
Paint It Black...
Its Getting Dark...
How About See You Again...
Loki...

Laufeyson. Loki Laufeyson...

433 25 7
By Lozza0203

I paced nervously, glancing at the clock on my bedside table; seven forty five pm. He would be here soon. Hastily I made my way over to the mirror smoothing the fabric of the red silk dress Nat and Wanda had helped me pick to wear for the night. Even though things were still up in the air with us, it didn't mean I couldn't look good for myself.

Wanda had fixed my hair into loose waves cascading over my shoulders and framing my face, I protested with Nat to keep my make up simple with some light foundation, bronzer, and blush. She had fixed my eyebrows lightly defining them, a subtle matte smokey eye, lashes and a nude lip. They both had done a stellar job as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Ok, its just a date Y/N. You have been on dates before. Get a grip of yourself." I lectured myself. Reaching over I grabbed a bottle of perfume and sprayed a little on my pulse points, just as I had finished the door knocked startling me. I placed the bottle back down and grabbing my clutch off the bed where I had left it, opening the door swiftly, only to be met by Bucky.

As I stilled, I looked shocked. "Bucky?"

"Geeze, that hurt Doll." He smirked holding his hand over his heart.

"Sorry I didn't, I just.." I looked out the doorway and down the hall before I returned my attention to him, "It was just, I was expecting Loki." I felt myself blush a little, embarrassed. "Not that I'm not happy to see you too. I mean your my bestie..."

Bucky cut me off as he chuckled, "I know Doll. I love you too, however I am here to escort you. If you will allow me?" He winked holding his arm out for me to take.

I studied him for a moment, "This was your idea. Wasn't it? The whole date thing?" I hooked onto his arm, closing my room door behind me.

"I may have helped yes, so did Tony....and Sam." He replied sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, "This will be....eventful then." I noticed Bucky had hit the level for the garage when we entered the elevator.

"Have a little faith in us Doll." He laughed as his hand dropped from the button.

"Oh I trust you, it's the other two I don't trust!" I replied, nudging him playfully with my hips.

Bucky's gaze lingered on me and I felt myself holding his eye contact longer than I probably should have, I felt butterflies growing in my stomach under his gaze.

I shouldn't be feeling this way.

I cleared my throat breaking the contact as the elevator began its decent, fidgeting nervously I dropped my gaze and focused on a spot on the floor.

"Hey?" Bucky's lips met my cheek briefly, "You look stunning, you always do Doll you know that. You have nothing to be nervous about, just have a little faith, and hey. If it doesn't work out...well my offer still stands of some of the good ole Bucky lovin. I mean. We know you don't exactly find me repulsive now do you?" He winked and nudged me.

I shook my head at him thinking about our first solo mission, "Thanks Buck I will remember that." I laughed as I felt my cheeks grow warm.
With that the elevator pinged and the doors opened, thank god.

I stepped out of the elevator and Bucky led me over to my Mustang before stopping in front of it. I looked around confused, before landing my gaze on Bucky, "Ah...where"

My attention was averted from him as the driver door opened of my car and Loki stepped out gracefully like it was the most normal thing in the world for him to do.

I swallowed hard. Oh Lord have mercy.

"Have fun Doll." Bucky shouted back at me as he scurried off back to the elevator.

"Delightful." His voice was low, almost a growl.

Automatically my teeth clamped onto my bottom lip as I turned back to find him drinking the sight of me in.

He looked delectable.

An all black tux, with a crisp white shirt, black tie and finished off with smart black shoes. His raven curls dangled messily almost touching his shoulders, yet it added to his majesty, it didn't diminish from it.

I could swear he almost looked taller, which couldn't be possible considering the height he was already. I tilted my head slightly unbeknown to myself.

Yep. He looked like he was straight off the cover of one of those fancy magazines.

As I pulled myself from my trance I realised he had stepped closer to me running his cool thumb along my lower lip releasing it from the grip my teeth had on it. That's when I realised I had been caught red handed staring.

"What did I tell you about that Little Mouse? Now. Are you ready to go?" He smirked as his hand snaked around my waist, beginning to manoeuvre me towards the passenger side of the car. I could feel my body coming to life under his touch again, the sensation of his hand on my hips had my heart racing.

He opened the door for me, waiting for me to move. That's when I released myself from my hormone raged trance and finally spoke "Wait you can drive?" I looked up at him in shock.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "It wasn't difficult to learn how." He answered, gesturing towards the open door to me, "After you Little Mouse."

I slipped into the passenger seat, securing my seatbelt as I watched him slide in effortlessly to the drivers side. Clicking his belt in place he winked at me before the engine roared to life.

"Should have brought spare underwear." I mumbled quietly to myself.

"Perhaps you shouldn't have worn any?"

My eyes widened, and my cheeks grew red. He chuckled beside me. "No point acting innocent now Darling. We both know that's most definitely not true."

"And who's fault is that? Hmm?" I laughed.

"Oh Darling, you just had her hidden away from the world, I simply helped you realise your potential." A sexy laugh left his lips before his eyes went back to the road again.

I couldn't help but glance at him while he was driving. He made it look so effortless, he was relaxed driving much to my surprise. One hand rested on the steering wheel guiding the car along through the streets, the other casually on his thigh. As we made our way through New York, the street lights illuminated his face as we passed by them, he was concentrated on the road ahead as I watched him. There was something...different? I jumped at the feel of his hand on my thigh, a smirk tugged on his lips.

"You know it's rude to stare?" He teased.

I laughed, "Well it's rude to look that good in a suit! Plus where's the fun in being good all the time?"

He shook his head as a breathy laughed escaped his mouth, "I will remember you said that. You can be dangerous you know Little Mouse, and not just because of that dress you are wearing. I heard what Barnes said you back there. Maybe I do need to be weary of his intentions with you after all. " His grip on my thigh restricted slightly, causing me to swallow hard.

I was certain he could feel my pulse racing through my skin, not to mention I felt my powers wave through my body. He must have felt it. As he turned his head briefly to meet my gaze, his eyes dark.

After a brief tense silence I cleared my throat and spoke, hoping to change the subject. "So where are we going?"

With that the hand that was on my thigh moved back to the steering wheel, "It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes, "Great." I huffed. Bucky knew I hated surprises. I reached over and switched the radio on, listening to the music as we made our way to our destination. Loki didn't object to the music instead he went back to concentrating on the road again. Eventually we pulled up outside a restaurant, I looked out the window to spot the famous Ralph Lauren Polo Bar.

I spun around looking at Loki in disbelief, "How?"

I knew the restaurant was always booked out well in advance, so how had he got us in here on such short notice?

He smiled sheepishly at me, "Well, ah actually...Tony called in a favour."

"Ahh. Makes sense." I nodded, "I mean...not that I don't think you couldn't have gotten us in, but you know it's always so busy and the celebs and..."

Loki's lips on mine cut me off, catching me off guard too. When he broke the kiss he leant back over to his seat, raising his eyebrows at me with a smirk on his face, "Mmm. Even better than I thought. I knew that would stop your rambling."

I slapped his bicep and laughed, "Hey that's not fair! I can't help it!!"

"But it did get you to stop Little Mouse...didn't it?" He smirked, seemingly pleased with himself.

"I suppose it did...didn't it." I narrowed my eyes at him. Where the hell had this Little Mouse come from? "Now did you bring me here for a date or are we going to sit in the car and admire it from afar?" I gestured to the restaurant then back to us.

"Careful." He warned as his hand slipped back over to my exposed thigh, "I've let you off with enough bratty behaviour today. Don't make me reprimand you for it now."

"Don't threaten me with a good time now Loki." I smirked leaning towards him, I bit my lip as I wrapped my own hand around my neck. His eyes widened, as he watched me the lust becoming apparent in them.

Before he could react I slipped free of his grip and out of the car, smoothing down my dress and fixing my hair. I heard the car door closing behind me and then the sound of Loki clearing his throat beside me. I looked up to find him holding out his arm for me to take, I did so graciously and we headed towards the entrance.

I could hear people whispering as they looked on at us, then, there were a few flashes as paparazzi snapped photos. I could feel myself tensing up. It was Loki they recognised, but when I dared to steal a glance at him he looked rather disinterested by them, it hadn't phased him at all.

Once inside a smartly dressed maitre'd greeted us, "Welcome to the Polo Bar, has the lovely couple got a reservation for tonight?" He smiled, as he did I noticed him lingering on the exposed part of my thigh, then up to my chest watching me slightly longer than he needed to, licking his bottom lip.

"Good evening, yes we do indeed have a reservation. Laufeyson. Loki Laufeyson." Loki's voice was cool and laced with annoyance. He obviously had caught him staring too as his arm slipped around my waist and he pulled me in close to his side.

The maitre'd swallowed as he sensed the tone in Loki's voice, quickly he pulled his gaze from me and checked the reservations. "Ah yes. Yes here we are Sir. Please if you will follow me."

This time he didn't look at either of us. He ushered us into a quiet corner booth that was dimly lit, with shaky hands he placed down two menus before nodding to Loki, "A server will be with you shortly Sir. Please enjoy the rest of your night."

Loki's eyes narrowed, as he growled at the maitre'd, "Hopefully your servers will have more manners than to stare at a beautiful woman who is clearly here with her date."

The maitre'd was sweating now, I watched on speechless as he reached up nervously tugging at the collar of his shirt, "I...I...do apologise for that. I...well you can't deny she is beautiful. I'm very sorry Sir."

"Yes, she is very beautiful isn't she? Also very much taken. So if the Lady decides to show off some of her body it does not mean a mewling quim like yourself should stare at her. As if she would take a second look at you," Loki scoffed, his hand balling up into a fist and the maitre'd glanced down quickly, swallowing hard. "But. It is not me your apology should be aimed at." Loki nodded his head towards me, his eyebrows raised. "It's Little Mouse you should be apologising to."

The maitre'd turned to me briefly, being sure to keep his eyes on my face, "I am very sorry if I made you uncomfortable Miss, it was not my intention. I do apologise. Please. Forgive my insolence."

I looked from the maitre'd to Loki. Shaking my head in disbelief.

What the hell was going on with him? This...something wasn't right here.

The poor man was shaking like a leaf at this point.

"Apology accepted. I'm sorry for my friends behaviour." With that I locked eyes with Loki who didn't like the sound of that at all.

He didn't like me challenging him.

The maitre'd scuffled off as quickly and professionally as he could. Loki's jaw clenched as he continued to stare at me.

"Friend? Is that all I am to you?" His voice was low and laced with bitterness.

I shrugged, "Entitled prick? Royal arsehole? I have more but it wasn't very lady like to say them in front of the man now was it? And as far as I've seen you have been anything but partner/boyfriend/soulmate like the past few weeks. So yes. Friend." I was pissed. He was treating the situation like a pissing contest. Like an animal marking his territory. Which I was not. It was far from the case after his behaviour recently and he knew it.

He took in a long laboured breath, closing his eyes. Before sighing. "Fine. I suppose I do deserve that. I'm sorry Little Mouse." He unbuttoned his suit jacket and fixed himself back into the booth stretching his legs out. I didn't miss him running his hands along his thighs, which made my stomach flutter but I didn't dare let my eyes wander from his. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing what he was doing was working.

I followed suit, leaning back and crossing my legs, exposing my bare thigh to him. His eyes were glued to me, a sly smile spread across his lips. This game could go on all night.

"If you want to ruin the night, please. Do continue with the pissing contest and acting an arsehole Loki." I stretched out my arms exasperated, before crossing them in front of my chest, "However, I will warn you there is only so much more of this weird shit I'm going to take. What is up with you tonight? You're acting really strange."

There was an atmosphere at the table, as we continued to stare at each other.

"Little Mouse. Do you have any idea how hot you are right now? How I'm having to control the urge not to bend you over this table right this instance and spank that attitude out of you?" He licked his lips as he let his eyes trail over my body.

I heard him, but I didn't dare respond. Instead I stared at him blankly, my jaw twitching in annoyance.

My patience was running thin.

Our staring contest was cut short when a server interrupted clearing her throat.

"Hi, I'm sorry for the little wait there. Now what can I get y'all to drink?" She smiled at us, before briefly grasping the situation, "Maybe you need me to come back in a short while?"

I shook my head, "No, no. It's fine, I will have a double Jack Daniels and Coke please?"
The server scribbled down my order and turned her attention to Loki, "For you Sir?"

Loki's eyes never left me as he replied curtly, "Just a water please." Then with the flip of a switch he turned and smiled at her sweetly, almost trying to make me jealous. "Actually, what would you recommend? Hmm? What does a beautiful lady like yourself prefer to drink?" I didn't fail to notice how flushed she suddenly became.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone out of my clutch. Opening my messages;

Y/N: Buck? How quickly can you get to the Polo bar if I needed you?

Bucky: He's fucked it up that quickly?

Y/N: Almost ripped the maitre'ds head off because God forbid he looked at my chest a little too long. Ah hello I have boobs. He's male. Of course he's gonna look! Now is making the female server blush. I'm not in the mood to be fucked around. But something...something doesn't feel right Bucky.

Bucky: I would have made sure I did rip his head off, so he's doing better than I would have. Flirting? Really, that's a low blow.

Y/N: Really? You think now is the time for jokes? I'm being serious! If I need you can you get here?

Bucky: I wasn't joking, but you know I can Doll. Just say the word. I will be there.

Y/N: Ok, I'm giving him another fifteen minutes if you don't hear from me. Then. Get here. Fast. Xx

I slipped my phone onto the table face down and smiled warmly at the server who returned with our drinks.

"Thanks." I said as I lifted it off the table as soon as the glass had touched the leather coaster. Tipping if back against my lips I downed it, before reaching it back empty to the server. "I will take another please, I may need the bottle to survive this." With that I shot Loki a look across the table, he was watching me with a smirk on his lips. "Oh sorry, am I interrupting your flirting. Please do continue." I said through gritted teeth while leaning back in my chair again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Rescue By J

Fanfiction

166K 6.1K 30
"π—ͺ𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ 𝗡𝗲𝗹𝗽, (𝗬/𝗻)." this man said with full of hope in his voice. "𝗔𝗻𝗱 π—œ 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 π˜π—Ό π—―π—Ήπ—Άπ—»π—Έπ˜€ π—Ίπ˜† π—²π˜†π—²π˜€ π˜π—Ό π˜ƒ...
1.2M 35.5K 191
"Well, she's a mimic. Y'know, monkey see, monkey do - but a bit more serious." "Yeah, just a bit more serious, Tony." When y/n and Bucky are saved fr...
10.3K 350 84
My MCU Book 1 *Books can be read alone or all together* 𝘞𝘰𝘳π˜₯𝘴: 33,196 Almost everyone knows how the events in the MCU went down, right? Lots of...
275K 8.5K 46
Being Tony Starks assistant has its perks, I mean who doesn't want to be friends with the Avengers?! In your case they are basically family now. How...