The Truth of the Arcane Order

By TheNewLunaRose

What if, instead of Douxie swapping souls with Nari, Bellroc and Skrael take him with them. Also, the Order n... More

Chapter 2 Skating Lessons
Chapter 3 New spells
Chapter 4 Skrael's a Jerk
Chapter 5 The Trollhunters
Chapter 6 Calm before the storm
Chapter 7 New Family
Chapter 8 The Storm
Chapter 9 Bets
Chapter 10 First Date
Chapter 11 Historical Talks
Chapter 12 Invalid Dislike
Chapter 13 Meeting Twins
Chapter 14 Classes and Plans
Chapter 15 A Call

Chapter 1 Confusing Trust

2.6K 18 35
By TheNewLunaRose

Douxie's POV

'What happened? Last I remember is trying to keep Nari from Bellroc and Skrael, the train getting destroyed, them teleporting both me and Nari somewhere, then... Wait! Did they do the spell!?' 

I sit up, now realizing I'm in a bedroom. I was expecting more of a cell, but this room looks amazing. Stone floors and walls, a round oak wood table in the middle of the room, it had my gauntlet and staff on it, an oak wood wardrobe to the left side, a spruce wood door right beside it, a black desk on the left wall, and two oak bookshelf's on either side of the bed I'm in. Speaking of that bed, it was huge. The bed was the size of the queen's in Camelot, it's black with cobalt blue bedding. 

There's one more door to the right of the room. I can hear voices on the other side, meaning if that's the exit, I can't leave.

'What can I even do? Can Claire even get to me or Nari?' 

The voices are getting closer. Without a second thought to it, I jump out of the bed to the table, grabbed my gauntlet and my staff preparing to attack. Walking closer to the door, I try to listen to what they're saying. 

"-of Arcadia are still going to try and find them. What do we do when that happens?" 

'That's Skrael's voice! But, who's he talking to?' 

"I know I know, however if we want to keep them we'll have to hide. That shadow girl won't get to them if she can't pinpoint them."

'Fuzz buckets! Skrael and Bellroc are right behind this door! I can't fight them alone!'

Even with this rising anxiety making it hard to hear I could still hear what Bellroc said. 

"It seems Hisirdoux is awake, we should check on him." 

With those words I could feel the temperature rise and fall at the same time as they both came closer. 

I stumbled back in panic. 'One master wizard can't stand against two demigods and win!! If I can even call myself a master!' 

As the seconds that felt like hours passed, I could see the doorknob start to move. My anxiety kept getting worst every second with the worst possibilities that could happen, most leaving my dead or severely injured. 

Skrael's POV

Agreeing with Bellroc, we go towards the room we placed the master wizard, Hisirdoux, in. While coming closer, I could sense his panic. 

"He's scared, I can feel it" I tell Bellroc. 

"I know. I hope he won't attack to much, It's already going to be hard to calm him." 

I brace for an attack while Bellroc turns the door handle. As soon as I saw Hisirdoux, he hit me with a spell, successfully pushing me down. 

'Why did I have to get hit? I expected it but still.'

I hear Bellroc try to calm him down. 

"Hisirdoux, please calm down, we won't hurt you." 

"How can I trust you!?" 

"Please, let us prove it to you." After saying that, they put down their staff. He relaxed, but was still on edge. It seemed like he was considering trusting us. I now got up and walked over to stand slightly behind Bellroc. 

"Where's Nari."

"She's in another room in this hallway. I can show you, she's probably still asleep though." 

Carefully walking out of Hisirdoux's room, we walk to Nari's, her room was three doors down from his. While walking I could still feel his fear towards us, I wouldn't blame him since I'm in front and Bellroc is behind him. He keeps looking around. I did the same when we first took refuge here. The walls are all made of stone, since we are inside a mountain. However the few months we stayed here, it looks a lot more like home.

"Where are we?"

'There's the question I was waiting for'

"we're inside a mountain. Mount Rainier to be exact." I respond, I don't think he expected that, if his shock is anything to go by.

Douxie's POV

The interior of the place so far looks more like a castle than a mountain, so hearing that I half thought he lied. The hall was lit with torches, and the entirety of the hall looked like it was designed with detail. It still bothers me that Bellroc and Skrael are behind and in front of me, however if they were going to hurt me they would have already done so.

 "Here's Nari's room. Please be quiet she's waking up now." Bellroc tells me. 

Nari's door is a dark forest green with a light green ivy pattern throughout the entire door. Slowly I grab the handle and open the door. Her room looks like a forest, quite literally. There are trees lining the walls, with grass carpeting the floor. There are flowers on almost everything and a few mystical plants around the place. There's a bed on the far left of the room with leaves, flowers and ivy styling the bed a like Bellroc said, Nari still on the bed, just barely awake.

Slowly and carefully I walk to Nari and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hey Nari, are you alright?" I ask as she yawns.

"Mhm. What happened?" She opened her eyes a little more and looked at me.

"Skrael and Bellroc took both of us. They're not attacking so I don't think they're going to destroy the world."

"Does that mean we won't fight?"

"I don't know."

I start playing with her hair as she looks around at the room. I see her glow up with happiness at how lively the room is.

"Pretty" she whispers out.

"I agree" I say as I go move behind her and started undoing her braid.

"If you all don't mind, it is seven thirty. I'll go make dinner" Bellroc said and left.

Skrael nods to them and walks in, closing the door while looking at a few of the plants.

After a couple minutes, Nari's hair is completely loose.

"Uh, do we have anything I can put in her hair?" I ask Skrael.

"Hm? Oh, not any humans have made, but we can make them for you." After he said that he made two Bobby-pins and gave them to me.

"What are you doing with my hair anyway?"

"He's styling it"

I smirk at that comment and Nari huffs.

"I know that Skrael, but what style is he doing?"

'She sounds annoyed, did this used to happen often?'

"I'm doing a braid bun, and I didn't know Skrael is sarcastic"

"He's always like that. It gets annoying." Nari rolled her eyes then started glaring at Skrael.

'That's new behavior to me.'

"Oh like your straight forwardness isn't" 

They start arguing while I continue getting her hair braided and into the bun.

"can I get a hair tie?" Nari made one out of vines.

'Huh, surprisingly stretchy.'

I finish putting up the bun and start listening back into their argument.

"If you hadn't completely destroyed my room, I wouldn't have done that!"

"You would have froze my plants either way and you know it!"

"Can I get eight more pins?" Skrael makes more and I start securing the bun.

"Well what about that time you covered the library with vines!" Bellroc entered the room, looking like she's annoyed. I secure the bun, ready for What's about to happen.

'I guess they didn't see them walk in.'

"That's the time you froze the floors!"

"How about you both stop arguing and come eat!" Like I thought, both Nari and Skrael jerk their heads toward Bellroc in surprise.

"Good, now come on."

Skrael walks out embarrassed, while Nari and I get off her bed. Nari started grumbling about Skrael and how unfair he was being, which made me chuckle at her child-ness.

"What?" I shook my head.

"Do you have any flowers I can put in you hair?" She conjured a few light pink and icy-like blue flowers and gave them to me.

"Can I see it yet?"

"When i'm done putting in the flowers."

"Hey Skrael? Do you know what we're eating?" Nari asks as we get out of her room.

"No, but don't worry Bell got better at cooking."

'They were bad at cooking? Whatever, I guess'

Bellroc POV

While walking down the hall Hisirdoux finished putting flowers in Nari's hair and she started run over to Skrael, probably to quietly argue. I slow down next to Hisirdoux and start taking to him.

"You don't seem too afraid, why is that?"

"I can't find a reason to be afraid much. You're not attacking, and you don't seem to want to hurt anyone, so why should I?"

"By the way, Skrael said you got better at cooking. What does that mean?"

"I, uh... I used to accidentally burn down the kitchen when I tried cooking." He stares at me with pure shock at that.

"How?.. How could you burn down a kitchen? Can't you control and diminish flames?"

"Apparently not Well enough" 

"They panicked every time the food set on fire!" Skrael yelled from where he was ahead.

~Time Skip the ✨Awkward Dinner✨~

Still Bellroc POV

Nari and Skrael had walked off a while ago, they seem to be getting closer like how they were, but I can still see the hesitance from Nari. Sadly Skrael can see it too, he keeps looking regretful and hurt every time Nari shifts away from him. 

I'm now alone with Hisirdoux in the living room, reading.

"What happened?" I look up to Hisirdoux looking at me with confusion written on his face.

"What happened to make you two not fight us?.. I mean before, you would fight us on sight, now we're literally in your home with no will to."

I set my book down and look at him, giving him my full attention. 

"Personally, I find you interesting. I would like to have you here. Skrael, has the same interest as me towards you, however he wishes for Nari back almost every day." He looks down in thought.

"Why are you interested in me?" He looks up too look at me, his hair covering most of his face.

"Multiple reasons, one is your personality. It's different from others, and i'm talking about mortals and wizards alike. You're kind, sweet, and fun, while also being stern, determined, and reassuring. Another is how you handle magic. You don't use it to get away from simple things like chores, but you don't use it every time you need help either." He looks back down.

'I hope he won't be too hesitant.' 

A few minutes later we hear a crash. Than Nari and Skrael yelling. Sighing I stand up and start walking towards the noise. Hisirdoux is behind me, probably wondering what happened. We walk to Skrael's room to find them arguing about...

"why do you argue about these weird things? I mean colors, really? We leave you alone for thirty minutes and you argue about colors."

"He/She started it!!" Both yell while pointing at each other. 

"I don't care who stated it, i'm finishing it! Now both of you, bed. Now!"

Douxie's POV

After hearing a loud crash and arguing, me and Bellroc go over to what i'm assuming is Skrael's room. The door's a cool blue with a icy blue frost pattern. His room isn't much different. The walls and floor are a dark blue with a falling snow look on the walls. The carpet feels like you're stepping on snow, however it doesn't melt. Most things in the room are mad of white ice and the bed is a dark blue like the walls. There isn't much life like Nari's, but the temperature in the room drops a couple of degrees. 

Skrael and Nari are in the middle of the room arguing about the best color, which seems pointless, when Bellroc stops them.

"why do you argue about these weird things? I mean colors, really? We leave you alone for thirty minutes and you argue about colors."

When they said this both Nari and Skrael whip their heads towards them.

"He/She started it!!" Both say while pointing at each other.

"I don't care who stated it, i'm finishing it! Now both of you, bed. Now!"

I'm a little shocked about how they acted, but they are siblings so I think that's pretty normal. Nari and Skrael grumble, walking out so Skrael can get Nari to her room.

"Honestly, they act like children." Bellroc mumbled walking out of Skrael's room. I follow her out and towards my room.

"So... Today was... Interesting."

"Yes, well let's hope that tomorrow won't be as confusing as today." Bellroc had responded, turning around to talk to me directly now, since we were at my door.

"Speaking of tomorrow, am I staying? I mean that still seems weird that i'm here. I've been awake for only a few hours yet it seems like we've been around each other for days." I was looking down, confused and slightly uncomfortable about the whole situation, when Bellroc gently tilted my head up to them.

"I understand the confusion, however I don't think anyone, including you, wants to leave. Sure, we might need to keep the Trollhunter and his friends away from worry, but that's something for another time. Now, you should sleep as well. Today must have been tiring for you." 

Nodding I walk into my room. 

'Today has definitely been confusing, and it really went fast. I was there enemy quite literally yesterday.' Putting this aside for tomorrow I get in the bed, turn of the lights and fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785 29 16
Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice which leads to yourself being hurt instead of others. A sacrifice that causes everything you hold dear to sli...
11.9K 205 8
"What are you doing?" She asked and her voice sounded rather small even to her. She had asked him how to help him. This wasn't what she was expecting...
5.4K 207 37
Douxie had been given strict orders by Merlin to not engage with the children of the gods, and he'd followed that rule dutifully for eight-hundred ye...