Chapter 11 Historical Talks

Douxie POV

After checking on Nari real quickly, and making sure she was actually asleep, I had a thought. Looking around the hall not seeing anyone, I activated the teleportation spell.

Appearing in the Cave in Mount. Rainier, I walk through the halls until I find the library. Walking in, I move through the multiple bookshelves to the Magic History section. Skimming the titles, I grab the few in Aridam's timeline that I could understand, and teleport back to Camelot.

Quietly opening the door of my room and placing the books by a pile of books I keep in here, I change into sleepwear. Grabbing one of the smaller ones of the few I grabbed, I get into bed with Skrael sleeping on my right, and start reading through it, with the assistance of my magic for a dim light.

Reading through the books got me to find pockets of mis or no information or really interesting things about his previous events or destruction. Most seemed to be exaggerated or just plain out fake, figuring out what was real and what was exaggeration seemed to take longer than expected. I realize that after feeling a tug on my arm and seeing the light outside.

"What are you doing? Were you awake all night?"

"Oh, yeah I guess I was."

"Douxie you can't do that, and don't even try the whole 'oh I'm a wizard, I'll be fine to stretch the limits that humans have because I definitely don't have the same ones.' You can't just do that.- Why are there history books on the bed?"

"I may or may not have taken them and was reading them,"

"Ugh, Doux." Skrael flops back down on the bed, promptly waking Krel.

"Wha's happ'nin?" He asks, having his speech slurred with sleep.

"Douxie decided to look through History books instead of sleeping last night."

"Hey, I study history!"

"Not willingly, you usually don't do it if you can help it. Are we sure we didn't accidentally take home a shapeshifter or faker instead of Doux?"

"Ha ha, screw you. I'm gonna talk to Jim or Bell, I think they'd like to know what I found." I get out of bed, going to change into my signature outfit.

"What exactly did you find?" Krel asks

"Wake up, eat breakfast, and go to the newly planned meeting and you'll find out."

"Ugh, you're so mean."

"Nah, that's your job Little Snowflake, see you later." I call behind me, having the books float next to me as I leave the room.

Walking to Jim's room, I knocked on the door and called his name. When I didn't get an answer, I peek into the room to see no-one inside. After a few seconds of thought, I walk to Claire's room. Knocking one that door, I got an answer to come in from Jim's voice.

"I was looking for you Jim, I think I've found some information about Aridam, or more specifically his past." Both people in the room perked up at that.

"What do you mean?"

Walking farther into the room and sitting on the floor, I moved the books I was still floating to be set down to my right. Jim and Claire both came and sat in front of me on either side creating a triangle.

"While looking through a few of them at a time, I noticed a few things overlapped or were completely wrong. The quickest notable part of the 'facts' is when it mentioned his looks. Skipping over things that could've changed due to the time difference, it described him as someone with red or even violet colored magic, or having a white and purple staff. So this might be incorrect information, but I doubt it."