Chapter 3 New spells

Douxie's POV

"Good morning Douxie, could you please wake up? I have an idea for us to do."

'Huh? What idea?'

Sitting up, I see Bell sitting in front of me. She's patiently waiting for me to wake up fully.

"Do you want to know what it is?"

"Didn't I ask? I thought I did."

"You hadn't. Do you want to know?"

"Yeah, What is it?"

"I'll tell you soon. However, you should know, Skrael and Nari went out and said they wouldn't be back anytime soon. Meaning we'll be here alone for a while."

Bell left telling me that they'll be in the kitchen. I get up and change into black ripped skinny jeans and a dark grey tank top. I come out and into the kitchen to see Bell making breakfast. I walk over and sit at the island, where they were.

"So, What is this 'idea' you have planned?"

"Well, I thought, maybe I could teach you some spells you don't know." They said while giving me a plate of food.

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Yes, do you want to?"

"Of course! I'd love to. Where do we go? Do you have a room here for training or practice or whatever?"

"Yes, we do. Now calm down and eat, I won't train you if you don't."

After eating, Bell and I go down a few hallways and arrive at a pair of double doors. They opened them, and we walked into a room that was around the size of a huge open gym. There was a rack of different weapons in the left corner area, a book shelf with, what i'm guessing, spell books next to it, and another rack, this one filled with who knows what. The rest of the room looked fairly bare. Lighting coming from enchanted candles on the ceiling, and marks here and there on the wall from the impact of spells.

"So, this is your training room?" I ask, still looking around

"Yes. Skrael and I use it with newer spells we're learning.." They answer, walking towards the bookshelf

"What are you teaching me anyway?"

"I don't know yet, I need to determine your power level before I accidentally give you an overpowered spell."

I walk over to them as they grab a book off the shelf and start flipping through the pages, looking at a few for a second before continuing.

"Do you mind practicing a few of your more commonly used spells for a bit?"

"Nope. Not at all."

Doing just that, I moved away from where Bell was and worked on improving my attack spells, since I need another person attacking to practice defense. Thinking about improving my spells made me think of Claire.

'I wonder how she's doing without me. Is she still practicing her control? Or is she trying to track us down?'

Losing focus, my spell got a little too powerful and, while shooting out, knocked me back in the process.

"Are you alright, Douxie?"

"Ugh. Y-yeah, I'm fine."

Opening my eyes, I see Bell right above me holding out their hand. Taking it, they pull me up and start checking me for harm.

"Are you sure that you're not hurt?"

"Uh, Yeah."

'When'd she get in front of me so fast'