La Morte

By beliebermdc4

What would you do if you wake up in strangers bed. What if you wake up in room you recognize. And in that mo... More

Authors Note
Walk of shame
Vincent Scar
Final word
Don't play with me
Keeping us in the dark
A MOLE
Not so sweet home
Blind Love
Uncle Ralph
Friends
The party: Pt. 1
The party:part 2
The party:part 3
One of them
Phoenix
Bloody Winter

Forbidden

9 1 3
By beliebermdc4

"Shall we, gentlemen?"

The Warehouse owner gestured to my boss and man that they can finally have a look at the inside. Making man's trail after him.

Today, Gio and Stefano end up accompanied Lorenzo's business work, one of Lorenzo's projects he started with Boris Andreyev, The Russian wealthy investor, that would make a final deal in becoming partners. Following closely behind was the short man, Boris Counsellor, who was quietly talking with Boris. Gio and Stefano are right behind them.

Whatever Lorenzo wanted to do behind's Boris back with the warehouse stays unknown.

Entering the warehouse, guards following behind. Just from one look, you can see they did not maintain the area enough. Leaving the rooftop full-field with the holes, letting the pigeons enter the space and make the Warehouse their home. I was walking carefully not to step on any bird faeces. Bruna was restraining herself from laughing at me.

As the man was getting deeper into the empty room, Guards stayed behind, scattered around the room closer to the walls, keeping watch on anything unusual.

Bruna stopped right next to me.

"What's up with you today" Bruna finally exclaimed as a man get further into the abdomen area.

"Nothing," I muttered, as I was standing, my eyes on particular men.

"Pf and I can sing," she said sarcastically, as I send her an uninterested look.

"The moment you stepped into the car, you went full out, not just your normal professional shut down, but like you were trying not to get notice," she says quietly, grabbing me gently by my shoulders, turning me to herself.

"Bruna, "I hissed quietly, showing her arm from my shoulder, letting her know not to touch me.

"What," she smiles, not bothering at my reaction "You are still not over me answering your phone"

"I am on duty, Bruna," I say, still mad at her.

Well, not at her.

"You need to relax. It was just Nick, your friend. And I never talked to him, so I took the chance."

"I understand, Bruna, but not in the car. I could call him after and let you have whatever conversation you wanted with him."

"What, oh please, it's not like Mr La Morte will fire you or something like that."

Well, after him sending glares through the rear-view mirror, I think I am done.

He didn't like that.

Bruna was looking at me, waiting for me to confirm, but when I kept a serious face, her smile disappears.

"Wait," she says, comes closer to me. "Is there something that I don't know?"

I keep quiet.

"This has nothing to do with me answering the phone, it's something else?"

I tried to avert my look, but she wasn't having that.

"Tell me, you know you always can tell me whatever it is," she says, taking her bottle of water.

I bite my lip, looking around as if someone could hear me. Am I going to say to her?

Carefully stepping closer to her, if I wanted to tell her, now it's the perfect time to do that. Attracting no attention from the man.

"I kissed Gio..." I whispered, letting the secret out in the open just for her. The secret that was making me feel like it's not letting me breathe.

I thought she didn't hear me how quietly I said.

But then I heard a strangled noise coming from her that made me look at her as her eyes widen in shock. I quickly take a bottle from her as I carefully tapped her back so she could calm down.

When she chokes, she was so loud that she attracted the attention of the men, that were deeper in the Warehouse, turning around to see what was happening.

They all looked at us, surprise plastered on their faces.

Lorenzo was alarmed, but when Bruna gestured to him she was fine and calmed down, he then narrowed his eyes sending her one last look, turning around to the men and continued their conversation, as in a corner of my eye I could see Gio glancing at us.

"You little bitch!" she hissed.

"Ouch" I exclaimed

Stefano turned around, watching strangely at us, Bruna continuously slapping my shoulder. At first, he looked at us curiously, but his face turns slowly into a smirk as he knows what we were talking about.

Does he know what I just told Bruna?

"Stop!" I finally catch her hand "now you act like a child" she just smiles at me like a Cheshire cat.

"Tell me everything now!" she ordered, excitement bursting through her eyes.

And I did, leaving a few details about the club. Even I don't know why he was there, making me think.

After me explaining to her everything about that night, feeling tired from looking around so nobody can hear our conversation.

"Aaand how was it?" she finally asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Which Made me blush.

"I got you" She pointed her finger at my cheeks, giggle slips through my mouth, catching me off guard, slamming my mouth.

She smiled

"Yes Bruna, he was the best," I confessed, even if I was drunk I couldn't forget his soft lips, how they felt against mine, the way he was holding me like he was not letting me anywhere and I can't get off that feeling.

I nervously bite my lip, realizing how much the feelings grow for him from the time, and I finally confessed to myself that I liked him.

With that confession, I could feel a new emotion craving through my body, and that is fear of the unknown. Because I still don't know how Gio feels about that night. With that thought my eyes looked for him and there, deep in the warehouse, him talking to Stefano. I allowed myself to hold my stare on him, even if I  knew him my whole life and working for him for five years this is so much different because now I am observing him with new feelings towards him.

And that feeling is forbidden!

I averted my eyes from him, not wanting him to catch me in action, connecting my eyes with Bruna's pitying eyes.

"You didn't talk to him," she noticed. I shake my head, giving her an answer.

"And you are now scared of his reaction and his feelings towards you," she declared, taking my hand giving me a tight squeeze, letting me know she is here for me.

If there were any feelings he had for me.

I smiled at her.

"I don't need to be scared when I know it's forbidden," I told her. She puckered her lips, thinking when her eyes twinkled little smirk showing on her lips.

Not good.

"Whatever you are thinking, the answer is no Bruna"

"Why?"

"He is my Boss if you have forgotten, and I can't just like that trow all my work to the water just to be with him." I said, tired of this conversation, "even if I want, I can't, I can't let myself"

She got serious as he stares in front of her, thinking.

"Whatever you decide to do, you need to know that I am always with you and I won't think low of you, but I give you a piece of advice if you ever tried something with him do it and don't make it easy for him, because I notice he looks different at you, and don't let me forget the weird stare contest you two had in the elevator.

"You notice that?" she nodded her head

"If you ever, just remember don't let him be easy," she said as we both notice the man returning, making her talk quietly "Test him cause you still don't know about his emotions towards you, you think he was looking at you like that because he was angry at you answering the phone, no girl he was angry because he didn't know who was on the other side." She winked at me.

"How did you even come up with this" I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to hope for nothing.

"He was jealous"

"Or he will fire me tomorrow," I muttered.

"Wait and you will see it" she stopped, turning around, standing in line with me.

After a few minutes, Boris stretched his hand toward the owner and Lorenzo did the same after Boris. And finally, Boris and Lorenzo shake their hands, sealing the deal. Turning around, Lorenzo looked at Bruna, walking towards us, close behind him, Stefano and Gio.

"You good?" Lorenzo looked at Bruna. She smiled back, "Yeah, never better than just the wrong hole" winking, making the two-man laugh, making me look at Gio.

"Mr La Morte," I acknowledged his presence, my hands behind my back I tried to read him but his heart cold relaxed eyes were watching me back The problem with him is that he's good at hiding his emotions, and I won't start with any conversation on that topic if he finds it essential than fine.

"Mr Augustine and his bodyguard will return with us and we will drop them off at his hotel, while Mr Lionetti will return with his guards"

"Yes, sir" I nodded acknowledging his order. He looked satisfied with my answer, showing it on his way.

"I liked it, man, just a little bit of  touch," Lorenzo commented. Looking around, pleased with himself.

"Little  touch? You will not move here for a year how much it needed to be renewed," Stefano commented, making Lorenzo roll his eyes.

"Come on, I need to go back to the office," Gio said as he turned around walking to the exit of the Warehouse, as we slowly follow him.

*

*

*

*

*

Adriana exited from Gio's office, walking towards me as I was standing opposite Gio's office doors. "Mr La Morte asked for your presence" I looked at her curiously, I pushed myself from the wall

"Anything else?" she shook her head as I nodded. She returned to her desk. I fixed my suit and made my way towards his door.

"Nora?" Adriana called after me as I turned around, giving her a look ' what is it'.

"He looked like on the edge" she warned me, as I send her a little smile, thanking her for warning me.

I knocked on the door and let myself in. Gio was behind his desk, going through some papers and typing on his laptop. I walked to the middle of his office. A glass wall spread from one end to the other. The sun was at the pick of sundown, making it a beautiful background which my boss didn't notice.

"You were asking for my presence?" I asked him, not waiting any longer, as he continued to read something on his laptop.

Giovanni La Morte didn't get his business Major as his father did, and his grandpa. He ended up getting an architecture major, which his grandparents were not happy with his decision. Making Nonno angry at him and getting disapproved of his decision, rumours were going around a couple of times that he threaten him by taking the other job away.

Gio knew no one could inherit the job, the one he was good at, better than his father or Nonno

He was still typing on his laptop, not raising his head. Whatever he wanted to tell me, I had a feeling it wasn't good.

"Miss Moretti," He said, finally raising his head from his screen.

"Yes, sir?"

"You know what I don't like  miss Moretti?" he asked coldly, not knowing what he is trying to tell me. I shake my head.

"Is that when someone is acting unprofessional on his duty," I stop myself from talking back.

Now he found it unprofessional after five years of letting people do what he let them, but.

"And I don't need someone acting like a teenager gossiping over the phone," he added

"He is jealous." Bruna's voice enters my mind.

"It won't happen again, sir"

"I am serious I would not let that kind of behaviour be around me" Okay, he needs to stop whatever he is trying to bring out of me.

"Understood" he glared at me and I returned it. It was deadly quiet, no one of us back up.

Until he spoke "You are dismissed" I nodded, turning around.

Whatever you trying to do, Gio, I will find out.

I have no words, Sorry for late update!

How are you? Thoughts on new chapter?

Vote, comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 14.1K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.5M 39.2K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
316K 7.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
406K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...