The Zone (Avengersx Male!OC)

By trinikirito

In 2008 a man was arrested and brought in by S.H.I.E.L.D. for questioning with relations to nearly 25 assassi... More

"So, breakfast?" (Origins Arc)
"Prison looks good on you" (Origins Arc)
"God I hate sand" (Origins Arc)
"I'm takin you down you sonuvabitch!" (Origins Arc)
"We need to talk...." (Origins Arc)
"Mother f****r, you know damn well what I'm talkin' 'bout" (Origins Arc)
"This was his plan all along" (Origins Arc)
"We're here to help" (Origins Arc)
(The Avengers 2012)
"Professor Smith?!" (Avengers 2012)
"You go Dad!" (Avengers 2012)
"I knew you'd call back" (Avengers 2012)
"There are always men like you" (Avengers 2012)
"...I'm listening" (Avengers 2012)
"He's adopted" (Avengers 2012)
"I'm not afraid to hit an old man" (Avengers 2012)
"Daddy's gotta go to work" (Avengers 2012)
"Argggh" (Avengers 2012)
"We're brothers!" (Avengers 2012)
"What are you doing here?" (Intermission 2012)
(Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2014)
"On your left" (The Winter Soldier 2014)
"I'm nice like that" (The Winter Soldier 2014)
"Want to see my lease?" (The Winter Soldier 2014)
"Bye-Bye Bikinis" (The Winter Soldier 2014)
"Wait, I'm an Uncle?!"(The Winter Soldier 2014)
"How's this for family bonding" (The Winter Soldier 2014)
"I need you to kiss m--" (The Winter Soldier 2014)
"Arnim Zola" (The Winter Soldier 2014)

"The Lenny Style" (Origins Arc)

3.3K 113 161
By trinikirito

Previously...

Burton and Romanoff both exchanged a glance, "Well...that's weird..."

Natasha rolled her eyes before continuing to look down at the phone.

She and Clint both stared at the caller-ID only for Natasha's eyes to widen as she quickly hit the answer button of the phone.

What happened next made the black widow's eyes widen...

"Hello...agent..."

...

As Natasha and Clint both stood still inside of the bustling crowd of Budapest's residents, the duo of agents' eyes were currently scanning every building in sight.

"Assassin..." Natasha's voice sweet beckoned, "It's been a while...I was beginning to miss you..."

"I can tell," the assassin's voice said on the other end of the call, "You seem very eager to see me again."

Natasha and Clint both stopped looking around, "You can see us still..."

"I can," Ghost's voice held a playfulness to it, "There's a cafe not too far from here...the Piccolo Cafe... there's a table outside already reserved for you and your boyfriend...you've got five minutes."

"Hey wait--" Natasha began, but the call was cut off, she took the phone from her ear and stared down at it for a bit.

"What did he want?" Clint asked as Natasha was busy looking down at the phone still.

"I--I don't know," Natasha began, "But I think we have a reservation to get to..."

"A reservation?" Clint asked with a raised brow, "Nat, you know...I'd hate to break it to ya, but I'm actually seeing someone--"

"Yeah yeah," Natasha rolled her eyes playfully, "He set one up for us, Clint...he wants us to go to the Cafe for some reason."

"So...he's playing some sort of game with us then," Clint folded his arms.

"I don't know," Nat shook her head, still trying to wrap her head around the whole ordeal, "But I think we should go."

"You do?" Clint raised his brows, "And what if it's a trap?"

Natasha bit her lip as she contemplated, "He's never tried to set me up before...whatever this is...it's a first..."

Clint remained quiet as he stared down Nat, "...You trust him?"

"No," Natasha immediately answered, "But from the years that I've been hunting this guys...he's never been one to sabotage me, no matter how close I've gotten."

"Didn't he shoot you in your shoulder that one time?" Clint asked.

"Besides the point," Natasha unconsciously rubbed the scar that she no doubt had now from the bullet wound he left her with back in Russia.

Clint sighed and remained silent for a bit, as if contemplating himself, "Which cafe?"

...

After finding themselves at the table in front of the Piccolo Cafe's establishment, Natasha and Clint both sat down looking around at the people in the restaurant of sorts, their eyes scanning for any sign of someone suspicious.

Natasha had placed the burner phone on the table in front of them and would occasionally take a quick glance at it as it laid on the white cloth of the table.

Suddenly seeing it come to life, the former spy answered the call immediately.

"You made it," Ghost's voice penetrated her ears as she quickly took a glance around the cafe again, in hopes of seeing someone currently on a call as well.

"How could I not?" Natasha decided to buy some time, "My favorite assassin asked me out to a lunch date...how could I refuse?"

Ghost chuckled, "I don't think your boyfriend sitting across from you would appreciate that comment."

"Who says he's my boyfriend?" Natasha responded.

"Assumptions lead to my deduction, my apologies then. That leather jacket looks good on you," Ghost responded to the beautiful redhead.

Natasha smirked, "Why don't you come down here and get a closer look at it?"

Ghost chuckled once more, "Don't worry..." As if on cue, a red dot suddenly appeared on Clint's forehead, "I can see you quite fine from where I am already."

Natasha gulped slightly and flexed the hand that wasn't holding the phone slightly, trying to calm her nerves.

"So what's this about?" Natasha decided to get down to business.

From the building where Ghost had his custom black British L96a1 Sniper Rifle with its adjustable bi-pod stand, suppressor and S&B-25×25 Day Scope as well as his red dot laser targeter, he smiled as he saw her nerves.

He looked down at his watch briefly before looking back through his scope, "There's a waitress that's going to drop off an envelope for you...open it and read the contents of what's inside carefully..."

"And how do I know that this isn't a trap," Natasha asked from her position at the cafe.

Ghost smirked once more, " Nado prosto sovershit' pryzhok very ... Natal'ya ..." (You just have to take a leap of faith...Natalia...)

The Black Widow's eyes widened slightly, "Otkuda ty znayesh' eto imya?" (How do you know that name?)

Ghost replied to her earlier statement, "YA prosto khorosho osvedomlen, agent." (I'm simply well informed, agent.)

The assassin spotted the waitress coming over, "Davayte teper' pristupim k delu, ladno?" (Let's get down to some business now, shall we?)

Just as he said this, Natasha noticed a young blonde haired waitress walk up to them with a smile on her face and envelope and single rose in her hand.

The young waitress had a smile on her face as she humbly passed the envelope and rose to Natasha, "Jó napot asszonyom, ezt a csomagot ma egy fiatal úr hagyta el önnek és társának. Ő felajánlja üdvözletét." (Good day ma'am, this package was left for you and your companion earlier today by a young gentleman, he offers you his regards. )

"Biztos vagyok benne, hogy köszönöm," Natasha thanked the woman in their Hungarian language. (I'm sure he does, thank you)

Clint raised a brow at Natasha, "Well, ain't that something."

"Tell me about it," Natasha said as Clint scooted his chair around the table and  closer to his friend.

As Natasha held the phone between her ear and shoulder, she placed the rose down onto the table and opened the envelope carefully.

As she did however, her eyes narrowed and her face contorted into one of insecurity, "T-This is not possible, these are--"

"The codes, locations and specs of the Nuclear weapons laid all throughout Europe," the assassin's voice threw out.

Natasha passed the documents to Clint whom began reading through them all as well, just as surprised.

"But how?" Natasha asked as she now went through some more of the documents in the envelope to see pictures of the various scientists working on the weapons themselves, "Not even my organization could come up with this kind of Intel..."

Ghost released a breath of amusement, "You don't know how deep this goes, agent...my organization's connections reaches almost every corner known to man on this planet..."

"What's that supposed to --" her voice suddenly came to a halt as she pulled out two final pictures...one of herself...and one of her partner, "These last two pictures..."

There was silence on the other line for a bit, "...This is my final warning, agent...you've got the intel your government needs, take it and get out of here, before tomorrow comes. Goodbye."

As the call is cut, Natasha takes the phone from her ear and leans back in her seat as Clint continues to look through the documents.

Goodbye?

Looking down at the rose on the table, Natasha picks it up and slowly twirls it in her hand before bringing it to her nose and inhaling.

"So...what do we do now?" Clint asks now, "We technically have what we came for, Nat...you've got the final call..."

As Barton leans forward on the table looking towards the Black Widow, the red headed woman couldn't help but look down towards the rose in her hand.

...

December 1st, 2007

Hungary,

Budapest

1200 hours

As mid-day was upon the once great city of Budapest, the blocks around the office of parliament was currently barricaded away from the public.

Protesters lined the streets as they all screamed at the limousines that passed them by. Each car containing a mayor from a neighboring city that was Pro-War against the UN.

Inside of the Mayor's office itself, the Mayor of Budapest currently had a glass of scotch in his hand as he looked outside of his window at the cars approaching.

"A mai nap," the Mayor said as he downed his drink and moved away from his window. (Today's the day)

The seven foot tall man from before, Ravana, tapped onto an earpiece he currently had on, "Mindenki bejelentkezik." (Everyone, check in )

Guards that littered around the various parts of the Mayor's all then began checking in.

Men at the front of the Parliamentary building tapped onto their earpieces as well.

Men inside of the building itself began checking in.

Snipers situated at the tops of the buildings began checking in.

And finally, the men inside of the meeting rooms began checking in as well.

Currently residing on one of the large buildings overlooking the entire street, Ghost, whom had a similar earpiece, smirked as he looked to his side to see a knocked out guard that was meant for sniping.

Taking the earpiece out of his ear, the assassin took out his own personal headset and placed them into his ears as he dialled a number on his phone.

The call rang twice before someone picked up, "Idenfication number, please."

The assassin spoke, "I.D. number 180360070, codename..Ghost."

"Identity...confirmed, is it time, Ghost?" the female voice answered.

"Not yet, Veronica," Ghost said as he dug into a black duffel bag and began assembling his custom black British L96a1 Sniper Rifle.

However, as he took out the magazine to load into the sniper rifle, it seemed slightly different from the usual ones he were accustomed to.

"Are the special rounds ready?" Ghost talked to Veronica.

"Special rounds...activated," Veronica replied to Ghost's previous question which prompted the man to load the magazine into the sniper before getting it ready on the ledge of the building.

"And the stream?" Ghost asked the voice in his ears.

...

Around various parts of the world, people were seen on their laptops, desktops and T.V.s as they were currently tuning into an illegally streamed live broadcast of an alleged siege that was to take place around this time.

...

"The stream...has begun...Happy Hunting, Ghost," Veronica responded as she hung up the phone.

Ghost took the headphones out of his ear before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath for a moment.

Entering THE ZONE Ghost began dissociating himself away from the world around him as he hyper focused on the targets in front of him.

Following each of the limousines that passed by his buildings, the assassin shot a special type of round at each car's tyres.

However, instead of ripping through the rims like a regular round, a tiny rubbery sort of contraption attached itself to each of the cars and a red beeping light was activated.

When all cars were accounted for, Ghost replaced the magazine he had equipped for a regular one.

He moved his sights to the snipers that were overlooking the area from various buildings, easily out of the regular human's firing range.

But not for him, steadying his breath, blue pools of energy seeped from the corner of his eyes as he pulled the trigger of his sniper.

The snipers didn't know what hit them, as he them all with a head shot each.

One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

The hired guns all fell one by one, not knowing what the hell hit them.

Checking his wrist watch, Ghost concluded that the time he had to take out the snipers was up.

The cars holding the important governement figures would all be arriving at the building in a minute.

He clicked his watch and began his countdown as he gathered his duffle bag and left his sniper there on the building.

...

Currently looking at the stream worldwide, people watched in anticipation for what was about to happen next, it was time for the 'terrorist group' to strike.

Surprisingly enough, various world leaders were also looking at the stream right now. Military personnel, law enforcement...secret organizations.

What most people would never say out loud however, is that they were praying and hoping for whomever it was that was going to act against this declaration of war...to triumph.

Presidents...

Prime Ministers...

Soldiers...

Citizens...

All of their hopes for the future was counting on this one anomaly to act...

...

Back in Budapest, several of the limousines had now just pulled up in an orderly line outside of the building, several guards began approaching the cars to open the doors, however at the opposite end of the street, the finger of a certain assassin currently hovered over the screen of a touch screen phone.

Waiting for the opportune moment, he tapped the button and then...

BOOM

Several explosions shot out through the street as each and every limousine became ignited in flames.

Screams of people are heard most of them in fright and shock as they all the cars of all of their enemies now lit up in flames.

Several guards on the street itself were in a state of panic as some were already dead and others were just panicked at what had just taken place.

Suddenly however, the people of Budapest and their sister cities all saw a figure appear from one of the closed off buildings.

They wore a long dark winter coat, bulletproof vest and cargo pants along with combat boots, they also wore a pair of black gloves and a silver ronin mask that covered the bottom half of his face.

The lone man carried a duffel bag slung over one shoulder and a customized black M4A1 rifle equipped with an extended clip, sight enhancer, specialized grips and a M203A1 Grenade Launcher attached on his other shoulder.

The rifle's strap was secured around his body to make it easy for him to switch to his AMT pistols or combat knife if the situated arose.

People in the crowd began muttering to themselves, "Én-ez csak egy ember ?!" (I-it's just one man?!)

People around the world having the same reactions as the lone gun stalked down the fiery street that was bare of any civilians since they were all behind him.

Suddenly hearing the battle cries of the guards approaching, the assassin quickly raised his rifle into his hands properly and began firing his armor piercing rounds into the mercenaries that approached.

Screams are heard as people began videotaping, ducking and some even dispersing into the safety of the indoors as the fighting began.

Having his rifle raised and ready, Ghost fired three shots at a soldier approaching on his right, two on each side of his chest and a final one through his temple.

He did the same to another soldier approaching on his left and another straight ahead if him.

Suddenly taking refuge behind one of the limousines that was on fire, he placed his duffle bag on the ground before quickly coming away from his cover and walking whilst letting lead fly at a dozen of soldiers approaching.

He emptied the clip as he drove his back against another limousine's bumper as soldiers began raining down on his location.

As four soldiers approached the car cautiously, they stopped at the signal of one of them in the middle.

The soldier then signalled for them to split up, to which they simply nodded and broke into four different directions, all circling the car.

Ghost moved his rifle out of the way as he reached into his thigh holster and took out his combat knife as well as reaching behind him and pulling out one of his suppressed AMTs.

He held the knife flush against the bottom of his handgun as he heard the cracks of each soldier's feet as they walked on the broken glass of the cars.

Timing it perfectly, Ghost pounced just as one of the soldiers rounded the corner to his position.

He stabbed the soldier in his neck and twisted the knife, eliciting a scream out of the man.

His companion that was behind him tried to shoot, however Ghost used the killed soldier's body as a shield.

Before the enemy could register what happened, Ghost peaked his pistol out from the side his human body shield and shot the soldier three times.

Two to the mid section and one to the temple.

Suddenly taking his knife out of the man's body, he rotated his body and threw the combat knife at something behind him and stuck an enemy that was sneaking up on him right in his throat.

Ghost sprinted towards the man and grabbed his body before rolling onto the ground, his body lying underneath that of the dead man.

The last of the soldiers rounded the corner and looked for the assassin, only to become confused.

The man looked around, not knowing what to do, Ghost took this as his chance and shot the man three times once more, same pattern as before.

The soldier dropped dead and Ghost recovered his knife whilst taking cover once more, he checked his pistol's magazine before re-equipping it and moving quickly back to his duffle bag.

As he did however, more men began rounding the corner, about two dozen of them.

Two groups of six took cover behind two separate cars whilst the rest began approaching Ghost's position.

The assassin quickly dug into his bag took out a custom magazine for his rifle and discarded his old one before equipping the new one as well taking two more out of bag and placing them into his pockets.

He also took out two low velocity shell grenades for his grenade launcher.

He took a quick minute before entering his ZONE and coming out of his cover, startling the men that approached as he once again released a flurry of bullets on his enemies.

As the soldiers fell, with some taking a bunch of wildly aimed shots at him, Ghost did a quick tuck and roll and ended up in the refuge of another limousine designed form of cover as he reloaded.

Inputting the first grenade shell, Ghost waited as the soldiers wasted their ammo trying to shoot at him and launched the first shell at the perfect time.

"Bassza meg! GRÁNÁT!" (Fuck! GRENADE!)

The soldiers behind the first car tried to move, but most were blown up, the stragglers that managed to escape however, were quickly shot down by Ghost, whom quickly and calmly approached at a steady pace, his duffle bag over his shoulder again.

Not wasting any time, he took cover behind another car just as more soldiers fired at him.

Suddenly looking to his right however, a soldier tried to grab Ghost's ankle from beneath the car, but the assassin was two steps ahead as he quickly equipped pulled out one of his AMTs and shot the man's hand causing the soldier to scream in pain and retract his hand. The assassin then took a regular grenade he had in his bag and took out the clip before tossing it into the broken window of the car.

He sprinted towards an enemy's cover faster than they could even predict and slid on his backside as he used his AMT to shoot and kill the next enemy just as the car behind him exploded.

Regrouping himself behind cover, Ghost heard even more people coming out from the government building towards the other soldiers, still behind the other car.

He wasted no valuable time as he quickly loaded the other low velocity grenade shell he had into his grenade launcher and shot it at the car.

The men all screamed profanities as they tried to disperse from the cover only to be blown away.

Ghost once again began firing at his enemies and moving forward, being sure to reload as he emptied yet another clip of his rifle.

He dug into his duffel bag once more and took out one clip to load into his gun and another two for his pockets.

Looking up from his cover, he noticed that there wasn't much standing in his way to the door Parliament building.

He tucked himself behind cover as he heard the door open once more, however he heard the loading of something in particular, he raised a brow before peeking through his cover again.

"Oh shit!" Ghost cursed as he saw two bazookas being aimed at his location, he made a quick dash away from his previous cover as the bazookas were fired, however in the process of running and the explosion of the car behind him, he was launched into the air.

As time seemed to slow down as he was soaring through the air, the assassin used his ZONE once more and rotated his body in the air as he locked onto each of the men that fired as well as the ones that were helping them load the bazookas.

In the next second, each man found themselves filled with bullet holes as their bodies dropped to the floor and Ghost was sent rolling away.

He groaned slightly as he picked himself up and checked his guns and his vitals, he checked his watch once more as well before humming as it began beeping.

"Fantastic," he muttered to himself as he heard the sound of several trucks approaching.

He took cover one of limousines from before and dug into his duffle bag, pulling out a bazooka of his own along with two rounds for it respectively.

"Come to papa boys," Ghost smirked as the truck stopped, "And goodbye!"

He fire the first round which instantly blew up the one of trucks before any of the soldiers could exit.

The second truck that was approaching skidded as it tried to dodge the first truck, the driver of the truck shrieking, "Egy BAZOOKA ?! Ez a srác őrült!" (A BAZOOKA?! This guy's crazy!)

Before any further maneuvering could be done, the truck was shot at with the other bazooka round, instantly blowing it up.

However, some of the soldiers had managed to leap out of the truck just in time.

Unluckily for them however, Ghost was already anticipating this, he tossed the now empty bazooka away before re-equipping his rifle and unloading on the survivors.

When he was sure that they were immobilized, he looked behind him back at the Parliament building.

He acted quickly and went into his bag, taking out three sticky bombs, he threw two on the large window panels on either side of the main doors of the Mayor's office building before throwing the last one at the door itself.

The remote at the ready...

He counted to five before he heard the door open, signaling that more soldiers were approaching.

He clicked on the remote...

BOOM

The assassin listened to the screams of the people in the building as they were now in a REAL state of panic.

Slinging the duffle bag over his shoulder again, Ghost reloaded his rifle and had it held at the aim as he entered the, now dusty and blown to shit, parliament building entrance.

As he entered, he spotted three soldiers entering from his right, he shot them all down before taking cover behind a wall, listening as more men tried going to the entrance of the building, only to be shot down as well.

Pressing himself against a wall, he got his breathing under control as he checked his ammo and watch once more.

He began counting down as he was about to round the corner again, "3...2...1--"

Not even remotely seeing it coming, a giant hand suddenly broke through the very CONCRETE wall and roughly yanked him through it before tossing him into a bookshelf inside of another room.

Groaning as he slid down to his feet, Ghost panted and tried to steady to himself as he now stood before a gargantuan man, whom was supposed to be seven feet tall...but now he stood at a whopping eight feet.

"Hey...Ravana..." Ghost groaned around as he straightened his posture and tried to catch his breath.

"Ghost.." the giant greeted the man with a nod.

"...You on a job?" Ghost asked the man whom proceeded to crack his neck.

"Mhm..." the giant answered as he suddenly took off his torn blazer that could no longer contain his massively growing muscles.

"It wouldn't happen to be killing the Mayor of Budapest...would it?" Ghost asked the man.

"Nope..." the man unbuttoned his top two buttons, "On the contrary...I've been hired to protect him."

"Of course...that's just...great," Ghost held his rifle tightly in his hand, "We can talk about this..."

"Time for talk is over!" Ravana suddenly charged at Ghost at an immaculate speed for someone his size.

"Woah!" Ghost let out as Ravana picked him up and rammed him through another two rooms before coming up on a final one where he leapt up and slammed them both down into a piano.

Ghost groaned in pain once more as he took his elbow and rammed it into Ravana's head, the giant simply raised them both up before body slamming Ghost back into the ground.

The assassin continued to groan in pain as his body weight the tiled floor beneath him, "...That's gonna hurt in the morning..."

Ravana, whom now had a bleeding head went over to an old timey record player that was situated in the room.

He looked over the records in the collection before him before nodding and placing one into the record player.

As this was going on, Ghost was busy trying to drag himself to his feet, but immediately fell down as he did.

He tried again, this time successfully, before he heard the sound of Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye playing.

"Oh shit..." he cursed as he took aim with his rifle at Ravana whom grabbed the gun's muzzle and bent it in a weird angle, Ghost's face contorted into one of pain, "C'mon man...that was my favourite rifle..."

Ravana roared as he grabbed Ghost by his throat and threw him into a wall, it cracked.

"...My spine..." Ghost squeaked, but he couldn't get much of a break as he saw Ravana charging, he quickly sidestepped the man whom sent his knee into the wall.

Ghost tried to run, however Ravana grabbed his coat, in hopes of catching Ghost, however, the assassin skillfully slid out of it and used the coat to wrap around Ravana's neck.

The smaller man jammed his knee into the back of Ravana's neck and began pulling as hard as he could.

Ravana began gagging as it seemed to be working, however the giant quickly tried to get on his feet and began backing into many of the walls of the room.

The song continued playing in the background...

"Ah!"

"Ah!"

"Ah!"

Ghost continued to groan in pain as he was sent into each wall of the room before Ravana eventually grabbed the man and threw him over his head.

"..My cranium..." Ghost groaned once more as he and Ravana both tried to get to their feet.

Both failing a few times before finally somewhat getting there.

Ghost raised a finger as he panted, "We...We can call it a draw...don't worry...I won't tell anyone..."

Ravana, catching his breath, suddenly roared and charged, picking up Ghost again and running with him through more walls, eventually bring them back to the room they were at before.

"Oh come on..."

As Ravana, shakily got to his feet and was about to slam his clenched hands down on Ghost, the smaller man kicked the Ravana in his knee cap, eliciting a scream from the giant as his joint was surely cracked.

Ghost got to his feet and suddenly took out his combat knife, sizing up Ravana, whom was now holding his knee cap in pain.

Taking a chance to catch his breath, Ghost entered his ZONE, his wounds from before suddenly fading as he and Ravana both stood at each other's opposition.

Ravana also took a deep breath as his veins suddenly began pulsating and glowing in a blue hue as his size increased once more.

However, not giving him a chance to power up fully, Ghost immediately charged and slid on his backside between Ravana's legs and sliced at his Achilles Tendon.

The man screamed as he went down on one knee, however once again, this time not being able to get back up, in an attempt to catch Ghost within his grasp, he reached out for the man, only for the assassin to take that hand and run his knife across his wrist, cutting the vein.

Ghost trailed more cuts along Ravana's arm until he got to his neck however Ravana threw him back with a shoulder barge.

Ghost skidded to a stop before charging once more, not giving Ravana a chance to recover quickly.

He kneed the giant in jaw with his enchanted speed and strength, the giant's teeth ended up in Ghost's knee, but the man didn't care right about now.

The smaller assassin fell to the ground, but was about to land the final stab on Ravana's throat when the giant man used his last resolve to used his functioning hand to flinch.

As he did use it however, Ghost's knife went right through the palm of his hand.

The Indian man screamed in pain as he and Ghost fought for dominance. Using his brain however, Ghost his other hand slapped it into one that was holding the knife, being sure to throw his entire body weight down on it.

Ravana's strength began fading as Ghost continued throwing his mass behind the knife.

Once...

Twice...

Thrice...

Until finally, the knife found it's way into the man's neck. Ravana's breath hitched and his eyes widened as blood began escaping his jugular.

Ghost was finally able to catch his breath as his eyes stopped glowing in its brilliant hue of blue.

The brown haired released his knife and sat down on the ground, finally being able to rest his aching muscles.

The assassin leaned his back against the partially broken wall before looking down at the now dead Ravana, "I told you we should've just called it a draw..."

Leaning his head back against the wall, he closed his eyes, but it was short lived as he heard the sound of more men approaching.

He groaned before looking over to his duffel that was on the ground, he reached over and grabbed his final grenade from within.

He lazily unclipped the grenade the and threw it over the hole in the wall that Ravana made when grabbing him the first time.

"Gránát--!" (GRENADE!)

One voice screamed, but it was too late as the grenade had already went off, blowing up whomever was caught in the blast radius.

Ghost picked himself up from the floor now, using the wall for a brace as he now went into the duffle bag one final time to take out a belt of shotgun cells along with a sawed-off shotgun.

He placed the belt on around his waist and loaded the shotgun now as he limped out of the room, but before he did, he took out his knife from Ravana's throat and placed both of the dead man's hands comfortably on top of him.

The brown haired assassin also closed Ravana's both eyes before muttering a short Hundu prayer for him.

Now, as Ghost was limping through the almost completely destroyed Mayor's office building of Budapest, he would use one hand to shoot anyone that got into his way, the shotgun's recoil being almost nonexistent. 

He ascended the steps, eventually kicking down the door to the man's office and entering.

A shriek of fright came from the great mayor as he hid behind his desk.

Ghost merely cocked open the shotgun placed in two of his final shotgun shells into compartment before readying the weapon once more, a satisfying click sounding.

"W-WAIT, ezt nem teheted meg, ez félreértés lehet, volt--" (W-WAIT, you can't do this, this must be a misunderstanding, we had-- )

The mayor was not given a chance to speak as Ghost shot the man in his head, blowing it to smithereens, catching the glass behind his body as well from the shotgun's shot radius

The dead man's body crashed through the glass behind him and fell onto the steps of Parliamentary building as his brain matter slid down the glass' pane.

Ghost said nothing as he simply threw the now empty shotgun onto the former Mayor's office desk and walked away.

As he was walking away however, Ghost took the time to admire his handiwork as he saw the absolute carnage he left in his wake.

Eventually reaching the entrance of the building, he slowly walked down the steps and took off his bullet proof vest, leaving him in only his black sweater and gloves as well as mask occupying his upper body, along with his watch.

...

The people that were originally in the crowd all watched on from a safe distance as they watched the lone man take out a phone of sorts.

The people watching around the world also all stared with bated breaths as they tried to wrap what they had just witnessed before their eyes around their heads...

"H-He did it..." Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. he suddenly left his office along with Agent Coulson following hot on his tail.

The people of Budapest suddenly all began rejoicing as they witnessed the hero of their city and most likely of Europe as a whole place a phone to his ear.

...

As Ghost dialled a number it rang twice before Veronica picked up, "It seems that your mission was a success, Ghost..."

"Not quite yet," Ghost answered her just as he heard the clicking of a gun from behind him and he smiled.

"Put your hands where I can see them, assassin..." Natasha's voice is heard as she held a gun up at Ghost along with Barton having his bow and arrow out.

"Agent..." Ghost sighed before he turned around to her slightly, "Veronica...now..."

"Right away sir..."

...

As people from around the world all waited with anticipation as to what was about to happen next, their deeds were suddenly cut.

At an undisclosed location of sorts, Godfather placed a glass of scotch down and chuckled as he used his remote to take off his television.

"Clever boy..."

...

"It is done, Ghost..."

"Thanks Veronica, I'll be seeing you," Ghost smirked.

"No you won't," the line was cut and the chuckled as he dismantled his burner phone and threw it to the ground.

"So...what was all this anyway?" Barton asked as he kept the tension on his bow tight.

"For the lack of a better term," Ghost shrugged, "The Lenny Style."

"Lenny Style, huh... you're one crazy bastard..." Barton said as he chuckled.

Natasha gulped, "So...will you be coming quietly?"

"You know I can't do that..." Ghost's eyes suddenly began glowing as something similar to lightning began sparking from the corners of his eyes.

Natasha and Clint both readied their weapons now and the archer was first to fire.

However, what seemed to surprise him even more was that Ghost simply tilted his body and caught the arrow before it could reach him.

Ghost looked down at his watch, "I guess I have some time to play with you..."

"Oh shit...Nat, he's a meta!" Burton shouted, but it seemed too late as Ghost was suddenly between the two in the blink of an eye.

"Let me show you what's the real difference between the three of us," Ghost's voice reached their ears as he kicked Barton away, sending him into a car with his enhanced strength.

Natasha tried to fire off a shot at Ghost from close range, but he grabbed her hand tilted it away from his face, she struggled as his grip on her hand only tightened.

"What are you?" Natasha suddenly questioned, but Ghost merely smirked as the cocking of several guns caught their attention.

"FAGY! Senki sem mozog!" (Freeze! Nobody move!)

The voice of a man is heard as several of Budapest's local police force arrived onto the scene just as Ghost's watch began beeping.

The man's smirk formed, "Right on time..."

....

As Natasha, Clinton and Ghost were all being escorted away in a S.W.A.T. van in handcuffs.

The three of them said nothing as the Team of officers in the van with them all tried to stay as far away from Ghost as possible...

"Well, this has been a fun vacation..." Barton suddenly quipped as he shrugged.

"That's easy for you to say...atleast you're going to be bailed out...I'm going to be executed," Ghost winked at Clint whom laughed.

"Yeah...I guess you're right," Barton suddenly glanced at all the men whom were all being weary of the interaction, "You've really managed to scare the shit out of these guys, huh..."

"I'll say," Ghost smirked under his mask, "They're even too frightened to remove my mask."

"Can you blame them?" Natasha suddenly cut in, "What you did just now was nothing short of a miracle job, I'll tell you that."

Ghost chuckled, "I am going to miss these talks of ours, agent...I will admit."

Natasha feigned appreciation, "Aw, how sweet. Well don't you worry, when I get out of here and manage to ship you back to the U.S. we can have as much time to talk as you want."

Ghost chuckled as he looked down to his watch, "I'm afraid our time has run out," he said as his watch began beeping.

"What--" Natasha was cut off when Ghost suddenly clicked his watch's buttons on the side and the sound of a small explosion is heard from beneath the truck, prompting it flip over.

...

As the ringing in her ears began to wear off, Natasha quickly shook it off as she saw Ghost looking down at her with his mask still on and hands in his pockets.

She tried to move, only to find herself and Clint handcuffed to one of railings on the sidewalks of Budapest's great bridge which separated two segments of the city.

Natasha sighed and suddenly leaned her back against the railings now, "It was part of your plan all along..."

Ghost chuckled, "Don't beat yourself up too much, Agent...I'm the one that put my faith in you...betting that you'd never pass up the opportunity to catch me."

Natasha suddenly released an amused huff, "And I fell right into it."

Ghost unhooked his mask from his face, allowing Natasha to see his smile, "You're just that person, I guess."

"Gullible?"

"Dependable, actually," Ghost shrugged as he pulled out one of his AMTs and looked down at it, he caressed the weapon, "...This is my final mission, Agent..."

Natasha became confused, "What're you talking about?"

"Back in Russia...what had happened, it wasn't supposed to...and now I can't seem to go on with this lifestyle anymore...so...I'm leaving, but..." he suddenly pointed his gun at Natasha, "I've still got to tie up a few loose ends before I go..."

Natasha's shocked face suddenly became a calm one as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes with a smile, "Well...I don't know what I was even expecting...this is the life I chose."

"It's nothing personal, Natalia..." Ghost said to the woman, whom visibly flinched at the name he used.

"Doesn't matter, it's going to be over soon anyway," Natasha was ready to accept that final bullet to her temple to end her suffering.

However as the gunshots of Ghost's AMTs rained throughout the bridge, Natasha could still feel herself intact.

Slowly opening her eyes, Natasha saw Ghost holding his gun in the air.

"My organization wants you dead, Agent...so that's what just happened, I just put seven bullets in you just now...do you understand?" Ghost clenched his jaw as he looked down at Natasha whom gulped, but nodded non the less.

"Good, don't look for me anymore, Natalia...I mean it...this is Goodbye."

"Wait--"

As police sirens are heard in the background, Natasha took her eyes off of Ghost only for a second before looking back at where he was, only to find him gone...

(***)

(A/N): Hey guys and gals, I know this was a long chapter, but I feel like it had to be done in this one go to finish up the Origins Arc faster to REALLY get into the MCU's movies such as Iron Man, Avengers etc...

Anywho, thank you all for giving this story a chance and sticking with it eventhough it's not very popular!

And also, please forgive me if there are any typos, grammatical and/or punctuational errors, this chapter was done in a sort of one take fashion, so once again...please go easy on me this time around...

-trinikirito

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.2K 36
(y/n) was just a normal 6 year old girl, until one day hydra breaks in to your home killing your parents, younger brother and sister. you were taken...
22.9K 1.4K 44
Potter Morgan needed a way out. Only in high school, boarding school was the only way. But this school is harboring a secret that can be fatal. Can P...
13.6K 536 44
Ellesmere is under S.H.I.E.L.D's radar. After stealing a highly classified military file from them and killing half their soldiers, she goes into hid...
203 14 6
"I met him two years ago. I was his mission." "You were what?!" "Oh come on, Steve. You've been there too." He laughs. ~~ Y/n Ember Lewis, 25. S.H.I...