Aria of the Arcane ①

By AkoSiIbarra

Enter the arcane world of Alterra, and regale yourself with three tales in one epic story. ☆☆★ AFFAIR OF ROYA... More

Aria of the Arcane
Welcome to the Kingdom of Arcerea
CHAPTER 01: The Arcane Trackers | Lucius
CHAPTER 02: The Late King | Lucius
INTERLUDE: The King is Dead
KABANATA 03: Ang Mga Tinugis | Malaya
KABANATA 04: Apat na Sugo | Malaya
CHAPTER 05: Scarlet Herring | Lucius
INTERLUDE: Crown Prince to Appear Before the Senate
CHAPTER 06: The Lady in Navy Blue | Maeve
CHAPTER 07: The Accession Hearing | Maeve
INTERLUDE: Arcerean Senate Attacked
KABANATA 08: Pagdanak ng Dugo | Malaya
KABANATA 09: Ang Kahalili | Malaya
CHAPTER 10: Downtown Showdown | Lucius
CHAPTER 11: The New Leader | Maeve
CHAPTER 12: Mysterious Package | Lucius
CHAPTER 13: His Eminence | Lucius
INTERLUDE: Senate votes to confirm Crown Prince
KABANATA 14: Unang Hakbang | Malaya
CHAPTER 15: Long May He Reign | Maeve
CHAPTER 16: Moment of Clarity | Lucius
CHAPTER 17: A Difficult Decision | Maeve
CHAPTER 18: If All Else Fails | Maeve
KABANATA 19: Tropa ng Manlalakbay | Malaya
INTERLUDE: Monarchists retain Senate control, Republicans gain more seats
CHAPTER 20: Turn the Coat | Maeve
CHAPTER 21: Bennett the Benevolent | Lucius
KABANATA 22: Ang Kabisera | Malaya
CHAPTER 23: Her Excellency | Maeve
CHAPTER 24: Decades-long Deception | Lucius
TEASER: Aria of the Arcane ②

Welcome to the World of Alterra

18.2K 1.2K 684
By AkoSiIbarra

THE WORLD OF ALTERRA

*The image above is not yet the official map of Alterra.

KINGDOM OF ARCEREA

Politics
Form of government: Parliamentary Monarchy
Head of state: King Bennett of House Arcerea, First of His Name
Head of government: Senate President Victor Sorensen
Sigil: Merlion

Geography
Description: Island nation
Location: Center of the known world (Southeast of Yuan Empire, East of Eurosian Alliance, Northwest of Camerian Federation)

Societal
Capital: Royal Capital City of Polarcus
Religion: Church of Arcanus
Currency: Mercs

Description
The main stage for the story's events. The Kingdom of Arcerea was formerly an island inhabited by native tribes who had the power to commune with elemental spirits. During the Era of Exploration, a noble family from the western continent set foot on the western part of the island and established their camp there, which grew into a city. They started to conquer the outlying provinces, displacing the natives and driving them away.

Presently, Arcerean Kingdom is an island nation caught in the middle of an ongoing conflict among the Warring Triad (Yuan Empire, Eurosian Alliance, and Camerian Federation). During peace time, it served as the center of trade in the known world through its port cities, thereby boosting its economy. When war broke out, the Kingdom declared itself to be neutral.

YUAN EMPIRE

Politics
Form of government: Absolute Monarchy
Head of state and government: Emperor Lang and Empress Lin
Sigil: Phoenix

Geography
Description: Western continent
Location: Northwestern part of the known world (northwest of Kingdom of Arcerea, north of Eurosian Alliance, extreme northwest of Camerian Federation)

Societal
Capital: Imperial City of Tsuzan
Religion: Dozenism (Worship of the Twelve Gods)
Currency: Shen

Description
Yuan Empire is currently the largest superpower among the Warring Triad. Formerly a peaceful nation that prioritized science, economy and trade, the Empire began its conquest after their high priest received a message from the 12 gods, mandating them to unite the world in preparation for a decisive battle against the evil 13th god.

To prepare themselves for the expansion, the Empire focused on equipping its military with science and magic. They invaded the countries west of their borders with relative ease. They're now on their way invading the south, forcing the countries there to form a union.

While they expand their territory southward, there's a brewing conflict among the ruling factions which may lead to a civil war. Refugees started fleeing to nearby countries before the conflict can come into fruition.

The Empire has asked the Kingdom of Arcerea to let their ships dock at the island's ports in preparation for a naval invasion in Eurosian territory, but the latter has refused, citing its policy of neutrality in the ongoing war.

EUROSIAN ALLIANCE

Politics
Form of government: Representative democracy
Head of state and government: The President, rotating quarterly
Sigil: Swords and shield in unity

Geography
Description: Western continent
Location: Western part of the known world (South of Yuan Empire, West of Arcerean Kingdom, Extreme west of Camerian Federation)

Societal
Capital: Not specified.
Religion: Not specified.
Currency: Eurs

Description
The Eurosian Alliance is a union of seven independent states in the south of the western continent. They formed a coalition to counter the invasion of the Yuan army from the north. Every member in the union is treated equally, thus no state is superior among the rest. The chairmanship rotates every quarter among the heads of states and/or governments.

The Alliance has invited the Kingdom of Arcerea to join them, but the latter has declined, citing its policy of neutrality in the ongoing war. 

CAMERIAN FEDERATION

Politics
Form of government: Federal Republic
Head of state and government: The Chancellor
Sigil: Bull

Geography
Description: Eastern continent
Location: Southeastern part of the known world

Societal
Capital: City of Steelongrad
Religion: Various
Currency: ameri

Description
The Camerian Federation is a union of thirteen states managed by a federal government. The ongoing conflict was originally between the Yuan Empire and the Eurosian Alliance, and the Federation, which was miles away, had nothing to do it. However, when the Empire invaded the isles east of the Yuan mainland—a protectorate of the Federation—they joined the war.

The Federation is known for its industrial revolution, producing mobile armors, tanks, and ships out of metal. They have also developed weapons and equipment that are effective against sharp weapons, blunt weapons, projectile, and magic.

The Federation has asked the Kingdom of Arcerea to let them establish a military base on the island in preparation for their invasion of the Yuan mainland, but the latter has declined, citing its policy of neutrality in the ongoing war. 

* * * *

Special thanks to AJ Alvez for the banners of the four nations!

Let me know what you think or expect from this story by using the hashtag #ArcaneWP!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45.2K 39
|SELF-PUBLISHED| Book 1: The Student Council's Secret is based on my ChanBaek One Shot story, On Top and Underneath and Inside and Outside. If you ha...
80.7K 6.4K 26
Standalone novel || After graduating, all Elix wanted to do was rest for a while, but an invitation changed the course of her summer vacation. She ha...
2.3M 83.7K 39
Pact Series #3 | "Think like a knight, act like a pawn"
359K 6.3K 43
Devil's [COMPLETED] "I love you, My Synae. Wala akong pake kahit na wala to sa plano. Mahal kita. I will do everything for you to be mine again." -De...